Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Leisure Suit Larry 2 was already about how Larry is out of touch

That game is like 30 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The only reason why I would play RDR2

https://twitter.com/elmbeauty_/status/1057254928509472768

TOOT BOOT posted:

I can't even imagine who the target audience for a new LSL game is. It was a dad game 30 years ago.

Germans, the only nation left that still loves clunky PC RPGs and gross point-and-clicks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

pretty sure i've spent actual hours petting horses at this point

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ciaphas posted:

i'll admit i'm just in an extremely foul mood atm but when i think of playing things up for laughs i think of irony (or at least the "irony" people typically think of) and just how "ironic" an awful lot of things, ideas, and people have turned out to be over the last few years

Well I guess but like precision mentioned they were at least self aware enough at some point to have Larry be like "huh weird schmoozing on girls like a creepy loser doesn't work anymore, almost like it's been 20 years". And yet they made another one, because time is a flat circle I guess

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i saw one of you in the Pickles grape tweet and it was like going to drink a code red and there's a spider on the bottle

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ready Player One has sold more copies than Be Here Now

The world is a vampire

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

When you press the scold button your data corrupts and your console dies because you don't deserve nice things

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Ready Player One has sold more copies than Be Here Now

The world is a vampire

Speaking of which, it's time to watch the best video game trailer ever made again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776fi2I8e6U

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm watching Giant Bomb's playthrough of The Quiet Man and I'm enjoying watching them lose their minds

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm watching Giant Bomb's playthrough of The Quiet Man and I'm enjoying watching them lose their minds

Abby's constantly increasing frustration at the Mom or Girlfriend dilemma is my favorite part because it just keeps getting even more unclear as it goes on

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
https://giant.gfycat.com/GorgeousFailingKestrel.webm

i cheated its not a dog

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dead Space 2 was really goddamn good

That part where the quiet velociraptor type necromorphs are stalking you was tense

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Yknow how the 'DING' effect when you level up in WoW became so well known that you probably can still imagine the BWOMMMM sound and the 'yessss' feeling you got from it even if you haven't played WoW in years? Slot machines I mean gacha is that but on every screen stuffed into every corner all the time.

I'm pretty sure the "DING" effect was from Everquest and everyone just called the one in WoW "ding" since the meme had already been established at that point. I could be wrong though, I've never actually played EQ.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The sound that plays when you get a 1up in super Mario always sounds like "yepper-epper-oony" in my mind

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
so how long is the new Deltarune thing? I dont know whether I should start that tonight or play A Hat in Time again to get all the timepieces for the DLC

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Desperate Character posted:

so how long is the new Deltarune thing? I dont know whether I should start that tonight or play A Hat in Time again to get all the timepieces for the DLC

less than four hours

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

The sound that plays when you get a 1up in super Mario always sounds like "yepper-epper-oony" in my mind

it sounds nothing like that and I strongly resent your attempt to ruin this sound for me :mad:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

less than four hours

ah cool. that seems like enough time I can play through tomorrow. Thanks!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

chumbler posted:

I feel like the good poo poo Cross Code does with its interface should be acknowledged more. You have a way to quickly go through incidental dialogue from NPCs in the world, and if a relevant keyword pops up in a box you can talk to the character at that point. The quick menu is also good.

I finished the first dungeon of CrossCode at a point where I already wanted to kill at least one person with a sliding block and talked with a buddy who had completed the game already about it and he was "Yea, it gets worse but it's worth it." and I'm still not sure it is worthy. There are good things there, definitely, but that was one hell of a cold shower on my expectations.

All dogs are good but Missile is the best.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Samuringa posted:

All dogs are good but Missile is the best.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
dogs? dogs?? DOGS!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvJwgYfaDbk

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Any one else grabbing destiny 2 while it's free? Looking for some coop for later.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

precision posted:

Dead Space 2 was really goddamn good

That part where the quiet velociraptor type necromorphs are stalking you was tense

drat right it is!!

The Moon Monster posted:

I'm pretty sure the "DING" effect was from Everquest and everyone just called the one in WoW "ding" since the meme had already been established at that point. I could be wrong though, I've never actually played EQ.

I guess I should have picked an example from something I've actually played, oh well. My point was, gacha type games are an experiment in taking that tiny feedback loop and implementing it absolutely everywhere and it turns out it still works even without the whole video game aspect happening to precede it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This feels like the start of a JRPG.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

This feels like the start of a JRPG.

Dog Island is totally a JRPG made by a company known largely for wrestling games and its melodramatic and weird as hell

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Any one else grabbing destiny 2 while it's free? Looking for some coop for later.

Me I guess, didn’t even know it was free

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Dogs are truly the best sailors.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Jay Rust posted:

Me I guess, didn’t even know it was free

Oh yeah, Destiny 2 is free on bnet until the 18th. Not a trial, full game.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

god i wish i could find the tweet with the name for that smiley

something about undertale's initial sales appearing on hideo kojima's literal RADAR (was MGS5 at the same time? maybe?) and taking on the appearance of a "lovely dog"

Yeah, MGSV, Undertale and Mario Maker came out within like a couple weeks of each other.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

al-azad posted:

Dog Island is totally a JRPG made by a company known largely for wrestling games and its melodramatic and weird as hell

I'm so glad my gut instinct was right, now I want to play it because it sounds cool.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Roth posted:

Post video game dogs

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Youtube suggestions today told me zefrank is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFAR3WggSRk

So you know what, good on you my youtube suggestions.

Well. Hanging out on this site has finally paid off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there a Supper Mario Broth style person for the RE series.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Their best stream of the year, hands-down.

It gets even better after the end where Vinny hunts through the file directory for the game because he can't believe that was it. and he does find something !

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

A Sometimes Food posted:

Youtube suggestions today told me zefrank is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFAR3WggSRk

So you know what, good on you my youtube suggestions.

This entire thing is one hell of a pro-click

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A dude in the rdr thread is super mad and defensive because I called him a dick for posting the word spoiler and then end game spoilers about a brand new story heavy game and I am reminded why I don't read threads here that aren't about destiny

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you’re dead inside you don’t care about spoilers

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
im dead inside but at least i care about spoilers for the book the monster baru cormorant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

contradictory statement

• Locked thread