Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
What's concern trolling? Is that someone pretending to give a poo poo? Also yikes Paige.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

It's always sad when somebody milkshake ducks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
White privilege is a hellavua thing in america

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

0 rows returned posted:

It's always sad when somebody milkshake ducks.

unfortunately this isn't even milkshake ducking, it's just a repeated trend

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

What's concern trolling? Is that someone pretending to give a poo poo? Also yikes Paige.

Concern trolling is stuff like asking pointed questions while pretending to be neutral. Like, offering concern to someone in obviously bad faith.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Tae posted:

White privilege is a hellavua thing in america

And Canada, apparently!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah but paige is an American who moved to canada, she is already infected

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Bleh, I could handle Paige because she never said anything poo poo outloud, so it was easy to pretend she was just one of those white privileged "it's just humor, people" fools. But now that I got my personal Duterte to be worried about I'm kinda done with people signal boosting racist assholes saying "oh but they were very nice to me and said they were being misrepresented" forever. Fool me once...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dias posted:

But now that I got my personal Duterte to be worried about I'm kinda done with people signal boosting racist assholes saying "oh but they were very nice to me and said they were being misrepresented" forever. Fool me once...

It's been wild watching people pretzel so hard to get around saying "I LOVE MY NEW FASCIST DADDY" on that development, sorry that they're scrabbling for power harder than ever there too. :smith:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Well, this sucks.

Has Pat said anything on Twitter about this?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vandar posted:

Well, this sucks.

Has Pat said anything on Twitter about this?

He stays out of politics and generally doesn't mention anything about Paige that isn't directly related to her.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I'd at least wish Pat would say something to her in private about at least keeping her public persona politics-agnostic. Like, none of the SBF guys have ever taken much of a strong stance either way beyond occasional throwaway gags about not liking Trump or whatever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

it's like when people are all 'aw gee guys these protests are your right and all but don't you worry you're turning people off by being ~angry~?' They pretend to be totally just looking out for you but really the goal is to go 'so maybe stop being so uppity'.

It's, uh, not saying 'yo this guy you're talking about being proud to be friends with sucks'...

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Paige is on the side of aperture science turrets and thinks portals are concern trolling

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'd at least wish Pat would say something to her in private about at least keeping her public persona politics-agnostic. Like, none of the SBF guys have ever taken much of a strong stance either way beyond occasional throwaway gags about not liking Trump or whatever.

We really need more closeted bigots in gaming, yeah.

I mean, I know what you're saying but...she is politics-agnostic, it's her online circle that indicts the gently caress outta her.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Like, none of the SBF guys have ever taken much of a strong stance either way beyond occasional throwaway gags about not liking Trump or whatever.

Matt's said and retweeted some pretty definitive things on twitter before about supporting LGBT people and telling nazis to gently caress off.

I'd need to go and sift through the unassailable mountain that is his total twitter timeline to find you the concrete screens, but either way still the best boy. :unsmith:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Nov 4, 2018

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yardbomb posted:

Matt's said some pretty definitive things on twitter before about supporting LGBT people and telling nazis to gently caress off, still the best boy. :unsmith:

Matt's a good sweet boy who just wants to watch Godzilla smash nazis and hell same

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Dias posted:

We really need more closeted bigots in gaming, yeah.

I mean, I know what you're saying but...she is politics-agnostic, it's her online circle that indicts the gently caress outta her.

poo poo, you're totally right.

God I wish previously cool people didn't turn out to be shitheads :smith:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Paige is more of that mindset to completely separate reality from entertainment, like how lakers fans ignore the raping part when cheering for Kobe.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I suppose so. At least I never donated so I don't have to feel like I supported that poo poo monetarily.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tae posted:

Paige is more of that mindset to completely separate reality from entertainment, like how lakers fans ignore the raping part when cheering for Kobe.

Which is a thing that's not 100% invalid, but there's a huuuuge gap between 'look man I'm a Laker's fan, I'm gonna cheer when our best guy styles on people' and 'I'm going on this guy's show to support and agree with him even as people are telling me the thing I'm defending him on isn't good'.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

Matt's said and retweeted some pretty definitive things on twitter before about supporting LGBT people and telling nazis to gently caress off.

I'd need to go and sift through the unassailable mountain that is his total twitter timeline to find you the concrete screens, but either way still the best boy. :unsmith:

Woolie and Pat are outspoken too. Woolie is usually the one to bring up race issues, and Pat infamously gets pissed at negative stereotypes of mental health and for all his jokes actually hates depictions of abuse and rape the most out of the three.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kay Kessler posted:

Woolie and Pat are outspoken too. Woolie is usually the one to bring up race issues, and Pat infamously gets pissed at negative stereotypes of mental health and for all his jokes actually hates depictions of abuse and rape the most out of the three.

yeah but theyre really dumb

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Well if it helps you folks Pat's streaming in an hour so we can ask him about this then.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Grouchio posted:

Well if it helps you folks Pat's streaming in an hour so we can ask him about this then.

how about let's not

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grouchio posted:

Pretty sure she's said she reads the forums.

How about we leave it to her to address or not and move on with our lives.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I think I still like her content and I'll leave it at that.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Grouchio posted:

I think I still like her content and I'll leave it at that.

nobody stopping you

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It just loving sucks okay

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Why are the last two pages "Paige stop getting turned into a Nazi" and "Well Paige is dead to me"?

What on earth is going on with you people?

Nilbop fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 4, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nilbop posted:

Why are the last two pages "Paige stop getting turned into a Nazi" and "Well Paige is dead to me"?

What on earth is going on with you people?

We don't like people getting turned into and defending Nazis. It shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Weird that people would both object to someone willingly and repeatedly associating with Nazis, and then when pointed out that she's associating with Nazis, she doubles down and lashes out at an oppressed minority.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Dias posted:

We don't like people getting turned into and defending Nazis. It shouldn't be that hard to understand.

Do you understand what the words you are saying mean or is this just Saturday night in crazytown?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dias posted:

Yeah but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OovxGVd_6as&t=6s

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This stuff with paige has come up in this thread multiple tiems before and most of the time one or two posters just started shouting "TWITTER ISNT REAL" and "IT DOESN'T MEAN SHE LIKES THE NAZI GUYS" but I guess eventually it happens enough that even deaf people can heal the dog whistles.

so much for that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nilbop posted:

Do you understand what the words you are saying mean or is this just Saturday night in crazytown?

You should really read up on the people Paige retweets and who hangs out with them. That's about as much I'll bother saying.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Nilbop posted:

The person she is defending actively is an Alex Jones esque alt who recently called the jewish massacre in Pittsburgh a false flag operation.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nilbop posted:

Yardbomb posted:

Oh, okay.

Please don't play willfully dense when this is right there.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nilbop posted:

The guy she's stanning for literally said the jews faked being gunned down in their synagogue and got angry when people didn't want donations with the words 'abort hebrew babies' written on them afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVU8nEIsapY