Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Granny buries the gently caress out of Black Label Pro on the latest BV&G Show. It's loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bryan’s pronunciation of Patreon :doh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It legit took me 10 seconds to realize what he was talking about.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1058224901142700036

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

jesus WEP posted:

I read your post before listening to it and I still wasn't prepared.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Granny buries the gently caress out of Black Label Pro on the latest BV&G Show. It's loving incredible.

isnt today Bryan vs Stunt

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Tomorrow.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Catching up on the retro show and seriously just fire Craig and have Lance do this show full time

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Brian is so loving proud of his comparison of a comedy show to a high spots match.

It's so stupid holy poo poo

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

How did he pronounce it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jenkem Delivery posted:

How did he pronounce it?

Pa tray on

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Edge & Christian posted:

Terry Garvin worked backstage for WWE from 1985-1992 and apparently sexually harassed and/or molested a bunch of young and/or underage "ring boys".

Here's a rundown with a lot of links.

Unmentioned in this article is the running gag in WWF commentary about how various jobbers were referred to as "graduates of the Terry Garvin school of self-defense" by Monsoon and McMahon.

Oh right, Mel Phillips was also around doing creepy poo poo simultaneously. And Pat Patterson was implicated, or at least accused of turning a blind eye to a lot of stuff, though I think Meltzer and others always defend Patterson as getting wrapped up in the rumors because he was gay more than any smoking gun that he was directly involved.

I think the consensus among people in the business is that the backstage jokes from the 70s and 80s conflating Patterson’s gayness with pedophilia ended up being taken as actual rumors and some people took advantage of that. Most of the people who accused him weren’t found to be reliable and then you have people like Roddy Piper who alluded to something happening, but was also a habitual liar who would plain make poo poo up Hogan style to spice up shoot interviews etc and everyone asked about it was like “Piper has literally never mentioned this before”

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

Pa tray on

Ah the Spanish pronounciation. Nice

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Does Bryan still pronounce roof as “ruff” and Claudio as “Cloud-io”?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I kinda get the impression ruff might be a Seattle thing because Vinny does it too

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

jesus WEP posted:

Pa tray on

That's how Kurt Brown pronounces it

Speaking of which, does anyone here listen to the lucha world podcast besides me

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

jesus WEP posted:

I kinda get the impression ruff might be a Seattle thing because Vinny does it too
It's an old-school Washingtonian accent thing. Not many of us have it because we grew up watching TV, but some people still do.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

John and Wai are cool

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

Catching up on the retro show and seriously just fire Craig and have Lance do this show full time

Let me write that down.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Is anybody else having problems with the Figure 4 Daily feed? I've had a backlog of podcasts to listen to, so I tried to get the last Filthy show, but it wouldn't update. I deleted & re-downloaded the feed, but it's just giving me an error message now. The other feeds from that site are fine.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Ah the Spanish pronounciation. Nice

Crowdfunded Wrestler Alberto Del Patreon.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 2, 2018

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I don't understand why anyone would want Lance Storm be part of something that is meant to entertain.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

Let me write that down.
ive moved on and now I’m more annoyed by the little “hnnnk” fake suppressed laugh he does when someone does a double entendre or something

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They went 240 minutes and are donating $1200 to the Committee To Protect Journalists

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Chris James 2 posted:

They went 240 minutes and are donating $1200 to the Committee To Protect Journalists

Imagine giving Dave/Bryan money instead of John/Wai

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1058543070281523200

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

I definitely can since I find one product more entertaining than the other.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

mkay0 posted:

I can imagine it BECAUSE I DO IT EVERY MONTH!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Classic poo poo stirring/rightness

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1058534299459215360

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mkay0 posted:

Yeah I don't need to imagine it, I do it :shrug:

Trying to hunt back through all the other tweets (they seem to branch off from each other via multiple conversations, I'm old and easily confused goddamit) it seems this kicked off with somebody asking Dave if Randy Orton was one of the best wrestlers in the world today and then it derailing into a conversation about Shawn Michaels?

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 3, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like Adam Cole is the most comparable to classic Shawn

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I feel like Adam Cole is the most comparable to classic Shawn

As Britt Baker could be a Nitro Girl?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

MassRafTer posted:

Anyway, the new podcast is up and it's a big review of the Nitro book with lots of WCW history for those who enjoy that.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1058154779292123136

thanks for this absurdly long podcast. all the online gushing over the book kind of put me off and lead me to think it was like the death of wcw 2 but hearing what it actually does well sold me on it. plus the ddp stuff was so dopey i just gotta see that for myself

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I think the consensus among people in the business is that the backstage jokes from the 70s and 80s conflating Patterson’s gayness with pedophilia ended up being taken as actual rumors and some people took advantage of that. Most of the people who accused him weren’t found to be reliable and then you have people like Roddy Piper who alluded to something happening, but was also a habitual liar who would plain make poo poo up Hogan style to spice up shoot interviews etc and everyone asked about it was like “Piper has literally never mentioned this before”
That's definitely the consensus, but there's more to it than that.

Tom Cole did accuse Patterson of groping him. He was OKish with Patterson being brought back, but...not exactly? More here: http://wrestlingperspective.com/issue/78/cole1.html

But otherwise, nothing else credible about Patterson surfaced to the best of my knowledge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Dave posted:

thanks for this absurdly long podcast. all the online gushing over the book kind of put me off and lead me to think it was like the death of wcw 2 but hearing what it actually does well sold me on it. plus the ddp stuff was so dopey i just gotta see that for myself

The book definitely is a combination of good stuff and stuff that's so dumb it is entertaining and surreal to read.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1058910911493271552

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gotta give it to Bryan, he's got chops.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Knife edge chops are the dumbest move in wrestling because they look like they don't hurt at all but they super loving hurt.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Knife-edge chops loving hurt because they sound like they loving hurt. Ergo, knife-edge chops are cool as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

LividLiquid posted:

Knife edge chops are the dumbest move in wrestling because they look like they don't hurt at all but they super loving hurt.

Look at this stupid-rear end take