Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Proteus Jones posted:

Another comment mentioned that the Army cadets who did this are going to be dismissed and a dishonorable may be attached to their Army records.

drat, so the punishment for assaulting a bird mascot is worse than the punishment for assaulting female personnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
hell yeah beat them tigers in baton rogue only had to walk up 4 decks and get called tiger bait 400 times but it was worth it baybeeeeeee

Wait what's that.....

ZOOM

ENHANCE

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michigan’s opponents’ passing numbers over the last 4 games:

Maryland: 7-13 for 73 yards and 1 INT
Wisconsin: 7-20 for 100 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT
Michigan State: 7-28 for 79 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT
Penn State: 8-17 for 118 yards, 2 INT

29-78 for 370 yards, 2 TD and 6 INT (37.1% Completion Percentage)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gonz posted:

real murderer's row of quarterbacks there

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Alaois posted:

Well, sort of.

In the sense that their psyches were murdered four games in a row.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
fire mark d'onofrio and fire major applewhite if he won't fire d'onofrio

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

gently caress Feliepe Franks.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

vyst posted:

gently caress Feliepe Franks.

Are you guys going to go with the backup now? He looked...quite a bit better. And the game wasn't completely over when he came in.

Insert disclaimer about all backup/nobody QBs looking good against Missouri's defense, but, that doesn't seem to discount Franks.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My school got shut out until the last two minutes and it wasn't even the worst game to watch yesterday

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

We dont want Bama

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Congrats to everyone who got to watch the Texas-WVU game. The ending stung for me, but until then it was hours of giddy fun that served as an excellent reminder of why I love this unforgivable bloodsport so drat much.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I’m so surprised Texas didn’t go to the pac a few years ago so they could be featured in the most compelling Sunday morning matchups

drewhead
Jun 22, 2002

https://twitter.com/ericcrawford/status/1058887188618850304

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Scionix posted:

hell yeah beat them tigers in baton rogue only had to walk up 4 decks and get called tiger bait 400 times but it was worth it baybeeeeeee

Wait what's that.....

ZOOM

ENHANCE

Tua was good, but Bama could have won that game running the wildcat on every play. LSU looked like they had a 0.000% chance of scoring on that defense. Even first downs felt like an upset.

Anyway, my Dad is a gigantic Cal fan so I guess that's the team I'm closest to? They lost to the Cougs but looked pretty good doing it. Maybe they're actually on to something, after all the turmoil from the decaying Tedford years. A win against USC, the Furd, or Corado gets a bowl game, which is more than I expected from the year. Here's hoping Dad gets to see them in the Rose Bowl someday soon. :smith:

shirts and skins fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 4, 2018

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Louisville has to be in the discussion for worst P5 team. I don't know how they could afford the buyouts for their own coaches AND the buyout for a coach good enough to justify paying the former. I think they have to sit and take their lumps unless some Yum! Brands money is ponied up.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
That game was perfect in every way. Michigan is back, but with more trash talking on every level than before. This is great.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Alaois posted:

Hornibrook is a great quarterback was the funniest part of this preseason for me. Dude is butt.

I don't know what happened to McSorley. That OC that left was good but has anyone else ever lost almost 15% off their completion percentage their senior year?

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 4, 2018

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

AsInHowe posted:

That game was perfect in every way. Michigan is back, but with more trash talking on every level than before. This is great.

It's true, beating some 3 loss schools in a weak conference proves a team is back, considering previously they couldn't beat anyone over .500 for years

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Hornibrook is a great quarterback was the funniest part of this preseason for me. Dude is butt.

I don't know what happened to McSorley. That OC that left was good but has anyone else ever lost almost 15% off their completion percentage their senior year?

James Franklin being the dumbest man alive (in college football) could play a part in that.

Just awful game management, and Michigan's defensive line was in McSorley's head all game. No planning around that.

For example, Franklin complained publicly about Michigan's DBs holding Penn State WRs, to hopefully game the refs into looking for those calls. Michigan's response was to have everyone on defense wear all-white gloves, to match Penn State's jerseys. The only holding call was on someone who didn't wear his new gloves. Genius.

AsInHowe fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 4, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I said it in the GDT but it bears repeating; I would give anything for just a decent o-line. Like it doesn’t even have to be great or good. I’d even settle for mediocre!

It is amazing just how bad our O-line is. I hope the Wanya Morris commit sticks and Pruitt can reel in a few more big dudes. I also hope Trey Smith can get the clots in his lungs sorted. Literally anything is better than the garbage we’re rolling out with right now. Guarantano has every tool to be a great QB but he can’t stay upright and I’m shocked this dude isn’t badly injured for as much as he gets hit. He’s tough as nails.

We only put up 14 on Charlotte. I know Charlotte has a good defense but god drat, we put up 21 on Bama. 7 of the 14 was on a punt return. I’m hoping this was one of those “looking ahead” games where we didn’t really prepare at all for Charlotte to be able to get a second week to prepare for UK. That’s probably hoping for too much.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Earliest ever the SECCG has its two participants.

UGA steamrolled what had been an elite defensive team; if it weren't for some self-inflicted snap fumbles and yet ANOTHER pants-making GBS threads on the goal line, Dawgs could've put up half a hundred. So I was pretty happy with that and then I watched Alabama drop down on Death Valley like an advanced, malevolent alien civilization mining the planet for resources. The SECCG....will not be close.

e: Yeah, I'll be that guy. Richt lost to honkin' Duke at home last night. Hire an OC, Mark.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Nov 4, 2018

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Michigan numba 4 :D

Also our backup QB broke his collarbone yesterday so hopefully nothing happens to Patterson!!!

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Dana’s call to go for 2 to beat Texas was awesome. Especially since they had to convert twice.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Can LSU get an offense? Please?

Gonna need a new head coach first, I think.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

LLCoolJD posted:

Louisville has to be in the discussion for worst P5 team. I don't know how they could afford the buyouts for their own coaches AND the buyout for a coach good enough to justify paying the former. I think they have to sit and take their lumps unless some Yum! Brands money is ponied up.

I think them, Arkansas, and Rutgers are the only P5 teams without a P5 win. And heck, Arkansas would have had one if the QB and top two RB didn’t all die down the stretch against Ole Miss.

I’m so happy this is happening to Petrino. Heard a couple of rumors that he is continuing to be a scumbag as a human on top of it, but him just being embarrassed week after week is so great to watch. I honestly hope he doesn’t get fired because his buyout is too big and that he gets blown out in games for years to come.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Gonna need a new head coach first, I think.

LSU's problem was on the line of scrimmage. If you can't make rushing lanes or protect the passer, no amount of coaching or quarterback talent is going to accomplish a thing. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Coach O just yet. Especially not when he's been handing losses to ranked teams this season.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I got to talk to DJ Knox and Jeff Brohm last night, it was a good day to be a Boilermaker.

Akrabbim
Aug 10, 2003
It means 'scorpion' in Hebrew, and rhymes with 'bakrabbim'. Don't even ask...
Coach O seems like a good coach, but I have a feeling he doesn't motivate his players properly. In the press conference after the game, he basically said, "Our guys aren't good enough, I need to recruit better guys." Even if that's true, I don't think you should be telling your team, "sorry, you're just not good enough, you can't be good enough, and nothing you do will make you good enough. Hopefully, we can just get rid of you idiots and recruit some actual talent." It just seems like you're never going to get the best you can out of the players you have. Also, I personally wouldn't want to play under him, because if I didn't do well enough, he'd just write me off and look for the next new recruit.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Gonz posted:

Michigan is a huge fraud that will lose to IU.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1058915593536069632?s=19

Looooool

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sirotan posted:

Michigan numba 4 :D

Also our backup QB broke his collarbone yesterday so hopefully nothing happens to Patterson!!!

He will die against Rutgers or IU and this is how we will end up losing to Ohio State.

I have foreseen it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

What the gently caress

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LLCoolJD posted:

I thought it was weird that Louisville had both Yum! Brands money and Papa John money, because they are competitors.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Cougs binch.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

A.o.D. posted:

LSU's problem was on the line of scrimmage. If you can't make rushing lanes or protect the passer, no amount of coaching or quarterback talent is going to accomplish a thing. I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Coach O just yet. Especially not when he's been handing losses to ranked teams this season.

Ensminger has scored 0 points against Bama in two meetings. He is not the guy and never will be the guy. Maybe if LSU could recruit like Bama he would be fine, but we can’t and never will. Aranda’s defense is carrying the team this year.

The offense is dead last or nearly so in yards per play in both yards per attempt both passing and rushing. Burrow has had six games this year where he didn’t throw a TD. He’s completing barely more than 50 percent of his passes.

Sure, we’ve notched wins over some ranked teams, but Miami and Auburn were early in the year and obviously didn’t deserve their ranking. The west is pretty mediocre this year, and Miami is dire, so we’re pretty much just hanging out hat on beating a Georgia team that just looked completely out of sorts on offense. I’d feel better about that if we hadn’t lost to a not particularly good Florida team.

Anyway, Silly requested and offense and I don’t see that happening under O. He ran Canada off so he could make Ensminger the guy. He’s got the offense he wants.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

CannonFodder posted:

I thought it was weird that Louisville had both Yum! Brands money and Papa John money, because they are competitors.

They actually sell both Papa John's and Pizza Hut pizzas in the Yum Center.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Alaois posted:

Are we pretending Hornibrook, Lewerke, and McSorely are all bad QBs now lol

It's going to be great when Haskins gets sacked 7 or 8 times and looks like poo poo as well. Of course, Ohio State will still win because Michigan's offense will throw 4 pick sixes or something, but that other part will be cool

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Are we pretending Hornibrook, Lewerke, and McSorely are all bad QBs now lol

It's going to be great when Haskins gets sacked 7 or 8 times and looks like poo poo as well. Of course, Ohio State will still win because Michigan's offense will throw 4 pick sixes or something, but that other part will be cool

Hornibrook has always been loving wretchedly bad, McSorely's been a complete dud when throwing this year and Lewerke is Big Ten Mediocre Quarterback straight out of the mold

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

In addition to the playcalling being less QB friendly, his receivers have dropped a ton of passes this season. He also lost a really good TE and the best pass catching back in the country. Not being able to just swing it to Barkley and have him get huge chunks of yards is a pretty big hit to his efficiency

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

A.o.D. posted:

Yeah I was watching some of the replays and Alabama was just rushing the QB at will for a lot of it. Burrows had to make throws on the run for most of the game

• Locked thread