Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Empire 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Nazis is only two syllables

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The Snokies.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
The Ren Fair.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
F/O is what I use

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I wonder if they’ll upload another batch today, or if it’ll be episode-by-episode from here on out.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

The latter, it seems.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I liked that episode a lot. I'd say it's the first one that really "clicked," now that all the pieces have been put in place by the first 3 episodes.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Moon Slayer posted:

I liked that episode a lot. I'd say it's the first one that really "clicked," now that all the pieces have been put in place by the first 3 episodes.

Yeah, there's potential between the different Aces' feelings towards the First Order, so I'm just ready for Kaz's friends to coalesce into more of a unit over the coming episodes as they face whatever the station throws at them together.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Metalshark posted:

Yeah, there's potential between the different Aces' feelings towards the First Order, so I'm just ready for Kaz's friends to coalesce into more of a unit over the coming episodes as they face whatever the station throws at them together.

At some point Tam is going to figure out that the new hot shot pilot, being looked after and employed as a mechanic by the former Rebellion officer, who can't mechanic worth a drat, and has shown a keen interest in everything First Order up to and including worming into the command tower, and then climbing around the outside of it while being chased by Stormtroopers shooting to kill, might not, in fact, just be a down on his luck mechanic.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

NTRabbit posted:

At some point Tam is going to figure out that the new hot shot pilot, being looked after and employed as a mechanic by the former Rebellion officer, who can't mechanic worth a drat, and has shown a keen interest in everything First Order up to and including worming into the command tower, and then climbing around the outside of it while being chased by Stormtroopers shooting to kill, might not, in fact, just be a down on his luck mechanic.

Nah, that's just the usual Colossus Hazing Ritual

Everyone goes through it

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Today's Resistance putting in that world-building work

But also rad turtle people :3:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Cross-Section posted:

But also rad turtle people :3:

So very rad :3:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Also the first mention of Kylo Ren. My money's on him being the season 2 antagonist.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
kaz is annoying as gently caress

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I had no idea acceleration compensators were heavy as heck

Also, you'd think with however long they've had them, they'd have figured out ways to install them that doesn't take six hands

Or else the aliens that usually build them are trolling the humans by making things needlessly complicated so they'll keep coming back

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Vinylshadow posted:

I had no idea acceleration compensators were heavy as heck

Also, you'd think with however long they've had them, they'd have figured out ways to install them that doesn't take six hands

Or else the aliens that usually build them are trolling the humans by making things needlessly complicated so they'll keep coming back

The LGA775 heat sink pushpins of starfighter components.

So Kaz can't even afford water, did I forget him blowing all his money on something or is that just going to be a character trait?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

We all said the exact same thing about Ezra in season one of Rebels.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

We all said the exact same thing about Ezra in season one of Rebels.

i don't recall minding ezra too much in the first season of rebels, he wasn't consistently incompetent like kaz was

so far he's only really managed to fail into successes but if it's stupid and it works i guess it ain't stupid

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

IRQ posted:

So Kaz can't even afford water, did I forget him blowing all his money on something or is that just going to be a character trait?

Lost it all first episode in a bet and then I think the cleanup tab for the fight that broke out over it.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Also the first mention of Kylo Ren. My money's on him being the season 2 antagonist.

I wouldn’t expect him to show up substantially more than Vader did in Rebels. Very curious to see if season two will take place post-TFA and TLJ, or if things will be moving more slowly. They said that season one starts out six months away from TFA.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can totally see the end of the season being around the destruction of Hosian Prime, either thats what ends the season or just before the end of the season and the last episode deals with people going "whoa what the gently caress? The First Order are actually terrible!"

I did enjoy Kaz not knowing how to open the grate.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Weirdly enough, Ezra became less and less important as Rebels went on and at the start of S4 was somehow shoehorned into being comic relief

Zeb became background material after Legends of the Lasat

At least Chopper stayed the lovable little omnicidal maniac who'd gleefully blow up a ship with children inside without a second thought

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Do we think Kaz’s senator dad is getting blown up on Hosnian? Or could he be one of the “Imperial history enthusiasts” secretly supporting the First Order? (As seen in Bloodline)

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

ezra irked me right on through season 3 because he's that one friend you like but has a couple of really lovely rear end in a top hat friends he wants to bring with him places (hondo/maul) but you gotta put up with it because he's your apprentice

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

He's that one friend you like but has a couple of really lovely rear end in a top hat friends he wants to bring with him places (HONDO/maul)

I beg your pardon?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hondo is terrible and this is a hill I’m more than willing to die on

:colbert:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I've heard a lot of terrible opinions about Star Wars, but that is one of the worst. :randno:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Moon Slayer posted:

I've heard a lot of terrible opinions about Star Wars, but that is one of the worst. :randno:

:same:

Though Hondo IS an rear end in a top hat friend. But he's knows how to throw a party so he can hit on my sister, I guess.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm at a loss as to how anyone could hate Hondo and his ugnaught bro. I wouldn't mind just hearing about their whacky misadventures.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hondo was a total bastard in the Clone Wars, but seems to have cheered up a bit in the time between then and Rebels. He's still a bastard, but he's more cheery and likeable in Rebels.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, after starting up a Clone Wars chronological rewatch recently, he definitely just starts out as an rear end in a top hat that indiscriminately kills people. They try to play it as charming, but it just makes me look like more of a smarmy rear end.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I think if he comes across as annoying or not to the viewer is a good test of if this is a worthwhile show to watch.

Personally right now I find him pretty awful. He can't walk two feet without falling on his face and he's stupid beyond belief.

But I can see how that would appeal to a real young audience. Which means, not me.

So I'll probably just tune back in after a few seasons when this show can pull it's head out of its prat fall rear end.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

so is there any actual dogfighting in this show about fighter pilots who fly fighter planes ?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

banned from Starbucks posted:

so is there any actual dogfighting in this show about fighter pilots who fly fighter planes ?

Not really, it's mostly about a pilot who's biggest accomplishment was not dying to a first order ace being thrust into the role of spy with no training or resources. Like the Man Who Knew Too Little without any of the humor

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

We're also only 6 episodes in.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
the episodes are good.

Edit: Much like Rebels I don't think the appeal is really in the main character? Its the ensemble that builds around them imo. The main character is gonna be kind of a dork and need to grow into being a proper hero because it gives kids a journey to follow, but the surrounding cast can be bad rear end or funny without necessarily needing to fall into the problems that Kaz/Ezra have.

I personally do not have any issue with Kaz so far, and I like that the past 2 episodes have shown that he does have some skill. He successfully spied on captain doza and escaped the first order with some slick acrobatics and then in this episode his heart / good guy nature shown through with his plan to help the kids. Its fine, especially for a kids show.

The cool stuff for me is poo poo liek the turtle mechanics, the races, name dropping kylo, etc.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Nov 6, 2018

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I find Neeku to be more annoying than Kaz. There just isn't anything to that character at all other than dumb lines.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hondo is terrible and this is a hill I’m more than willing to die on

:colbert:

Yo hill buddy, chuck me a beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010

DancinBrud posted:

I wouldn’t expect him to show up substantially more than Vader did in Rebels. Very curious to see if season two will take place post-TFA and TLJ, or if things will be moving more slowly. They said that season one starts out six months away from TFA.

I can see him turning up and killing the station commander after he betrays the first order in some capacity.

Is 'Kylo is Leia's son' common knowledge to the galaxy/ resistance? I'd expect some reaction from Ello when it was mentioned, but nothing.