Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hunt11 posted:

Mazdamundi is a massive rear end in a top hat.

Also I hope that one of the next lizard lords start off near norsca.

God no, I want an actual Lustria start rather than the bordering on Morathiland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Ardent Communist posted:

It's all part of the Great Plan.

This is actually the answer; IIRC all Lizardmen have the Cold-blooded Logic diplomatic trait, which means they follow the logic of the Great Plan (who loving knows). Basically they will do inexplicable poo poo at times, very much in the vein of classic Total War AI.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

toasterwarrior posted:

This is actually the answer; IIRC all Lizardmen have the Cold-blooded Logic diplomatic trait, which means they follow the logic of the Great Plan (who loving knows). Basically they will do inexplicable poo poo at times, very much in the vein of classic Total War AI.

This is why I always play as Greenskins so my tactical incompetence is in character

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Whorelord posted:

God no, I want an actual Lustria start rather than the bordering on Morathiland

There are two Lizardmen lords coming and while one will go in Itza they have to find a place to put the last one in.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Apparently Albion is actually in ME now (well, on the 8th) rather than the unexplored land or whatever it is now. So maybe a lizard will start there.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Is poor Teclis still going to be sandwiched between legendary lords on all sides on his little island?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hunt11 posted:

There are two Lizardmen lords coming and while one will go in Itza they have to find a place to put the last one in.

Albion was apparently added to Mortal Empires, so it could be the starting place for the other Lizard lord. Probably Nakai the Wanderer, since Mazdamundi told him to establish a temple city there. He's a Kroxigor too.

If we get Tehenhauin in Itza or around there, then we'll have each of the Lizardmen species represented.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 4, 2018

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

ZearothK posted:

Albion was apparently added to Mortal Empires, so it could be the starting place for the other Lizard lord. Probably Nakai the Wanderer, since Mazdamundi told him to establish a temple city there. He's a Kroxigor too.

If we get Tehenhauin in Itza or around there, then we'll have each of the Lizardmen species represented.

Yeah, looking like we are locked in for Tehenhauin vs Thanquol, with Nakai in Albion.

This is the most obvious/spoiled DLC in Warhammer I think, haha.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Rookersh posted:

Yeah, looking like we are locked in for Tehenhauin vs Thanquol, with Nakai in Albion.

This is the most obvious/spoiled DLC in Warhammer I think, haha.

What happened to suggest Thanquol? I thought from like the day WH2 launched everyone has assumed it would be Ikit Claw since there are missing Skryre units.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Where does the new Delf lord start in ME?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
All I actually really want is Skarsnik for Lizardmen. Armies of super cheap skinks swarming over the world with their blowpipes and adorableness. Tehenhauin, come to us.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So it's gotta be called "The Seer and the Prophet" right?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

HOLA SKINKSSSSS

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
Hey thread you need to vote for what vortex playthrough I’ll do next.
It’s exiles of nehek vs clan pestilens
Nerdskellies or dirty rattos, vote now

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

Even grosser and filthier rats.

Unrelated but I just remembered a key ability of SFO's Grudge Raker Thunderers: they can shoot while in melee, meaning that while Longbeards (same tier) can last way longer than them, they can out-kill them to a stupid degree. Since I am a firm believer in shooting everything dead, and routing enemies is a byproduct of that, I suppose using shotgundorfs as my frontline instead of boring shielddorfs may be a Smart Idea.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Anno posted:

What happened to suggest Thanquol? I thought from like the day WH2 launched everyone has assumed it would be Ikit Claw since there are missing Skryre units.

We were told he wasn't going to be FLC, so either he isn't going to be in at all, or he is coming now. Ikit Claw and Thanquol being the two Skaven LLs makes the most sense to me.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

We were told he wasn't going to be FLC, so either he isn't going to be in at all, or he is coming now. Ikit Claw and Thanquol being the two Skaven LLs makes the most sense to me.

"We put in Skaven but not the most famous Skaven character" - a timeline I don't want to live in

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I do recall one of the devs mentioning Thanquol would be coming. He'll either be the DLC lord or a Grombindal kind of deal.

Wild Horses posted:

Nerdskellies, but wait for THU so you can drown skellies!

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 4, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Laughing Zealot posted:

Where does the new Delf lord start in ME?

They added his island to ME. He’s south of Teclis and Harkon, off Skrolk’s coast

I’m excited for him. I expected Morathi to be the dorks’ chief lizard plunderer but she is thrown into the thunderdome from turn one. Lokhir will have more freedom and safety looks like.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Ravenfood posted:

Ah, right I remember them saying that. For some reason I’ve taken it to mean something other than a lord pack. Hopefully we’ll see before too too long.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Update on my ME Norsca run:
Will to live: waning. Should have gone with Archie. Elfvader is super useless. I burned down centre Ulthan, but everything got recapped once I moved to other lands and it made no real difference to the elf civil war. Kislev murdered my rats when I was occupied with WoC so burning down from the north also does little. If I can actually scrounge up the will to finish this then I'll try to collect the rest of the cheat techs, move around South and help the orcs grind north. Probably the last time I start ME.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the pro Norsca ME strat is to beeline for Skeggi as soon as you have a small stack and just raid the poo poo out of the elves lizards and new world colonies

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

ZearothK posted:

I really hope it's Nakia now, not only cause he's cool as heck and a neat nod to the Albion campaign, but in addition to being an amazing start position for Vortex and ME (gives ME races a more immediate Lizardmen faction to fight as well).

So who are people playing first on Thursday? I'm thinking Noctilus for Vortex, and Arnessa for ME.

Arnessa's ME campaign appeals to me as tough, but a chance to mess up the Old World races.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Cylostra looks like a lot of fun in the campaign Indypride is running, so I may try that. Lore of the Deeps seems really cool.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I really hope it's Nakia now, not only cause he's cool as heck and a neat nod to the Albion campaign, but in addition to being an amazing start position for Vortex and ME (gives ME races a more immediate Lizardmen faction to fight as well).

Imagine the joy of interacting with game 2 content as Empire before turn 80 without doing an immigration campaign.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Wild Horses posted:

Nerdskellies

I think you mean Californian skeletons.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

devs had to outright say that thanquol was coming just not as FLC because of the fan outrage over tretch craventail not being thanquol

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They are updating the traits for most of the older starting lords, just wanted to point out the White dwarf is getting a 20% weapon strength bonus vs all elf factions for every army.

Grudges will be settled.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

ZearothK posted:

Imagine the joy of interacting with game 2 content as Empire before turn 80 without doing an immigration campaign.

In Turin's Harkon game his main army is almost entirely rifles and arty and it's disgusting just how effective it is. He clowned on a army stacked to the gills with depth guard with overlapping fields of fire in hilarious fashion.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

toasterwarrior posted:

I thought what it meant was that they respect strength. We're one strength rank apart. But apparently what it means is "we need to declare war on these guys on another continent in the opposite corner of the map who we can't even reach without going through a fuckton of skeletons and greenskins"

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Man, Teclis's start in ME is going to be basically untenable now. He already had a poo poo sandwich of a start due to all the corruption and now he's going to have to fight real rear end LLs from all sides.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I won't be surprised if they just move Teclis's start at this point.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If anyone's fiending for more TWW multiplayer tournament, looks Turin ran one today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFj2P-43yx8

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

are people tired of my speculation posts? i thought the cyborg dwarves would generate more discussion

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

juggalo baby coffin posted:

are people tired of my speculation posts? i thought the cyborg dwarves would generate more discussion

I'm not!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Mordja posted:

I'm not!

ok cool i was gonna put together an ogre kingdoms one tonight, i just didnt want to spam the thread if it was getting tiresome

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I like reading them too. I never played tabletop, so all the lore stuff is pretty interesting to me.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
please continue posting these warham deep cuts, I like them.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

ok cool i was gonna put together an ogre kingdoms one tonight, i just didnt want to spam the thread if it was getting tiresome

No they're great, keep posting. I know literally nothing about the Warhammer lore except from what's been in the game and this thread and the speculation parts are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Shar’tor the Executioner

spot the problem

This is surprising for no other reason than Chaos Dwarves, which I don't think have been in Warhammer for at least a decade, made the jump to AoS?