Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

EorayMel posted:

This was one of the recommended products on the sacred geometry set page

:goatsecx:

I was curious about how these work and found something loving amazing - BUDK has a youtube channel.

They have literally hundreds of videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3Pd_fZ8aw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They just need targeting kits that you can attach to fireworks. Shoot down that drone with a semi-guided bottle-rocket.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Finally some fuckin jo crystals

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

That BUDK channel will lead you down some pretty, uh, intense related videos

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:siren:HO HO HO!:siren:

Its almost CHRISTmas time in the sleepy little town of BUDKville. Residents have procured their Xmas trees from federally protected lands in a sign of constitutional protest, cabins and bunkers have been strewn with festive 4100 lumen tactical flashlights, and everywhere the sounds of clanging katanas & the booming of homemade .410 pipe guns ring out Christian hymns & carols. All that's left is to hang up the stockings...

But wait! You just realize you're all out of eggnog MRE rations! And an ice storm blew in last night and now your truck has frosted over. Well, a BUDK Man is ALWAYS prepared with a tactical ice scraper...

What a harrowing experience that was, having to drive to the nearest Walmart and deal with, *shudder*, the minorities who work there. Best take a literal chill pill, my Christian God fearing friend...

Ahhhhhh, sweet relief from the sweet leaf. Time to tuck yourself into bed with visions of sugarplums and self sufficiency in your head. Goodnight, sweet BUDK Man, goodnight.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

goatface posted:

I guess that's meant to be a "non-lethal" drone round, but it's gonna crash and probably wreck itself anyway. Just shoot it with your normal shotgun.

But then how will I recover it and hack into its mainframe with my BUDK tactical hacking probe

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

super macho dude posted:

Ahhhhhh, sweet relief from the sweet leaf. Time to tuck yourself into bed with visions of sugarplums and self sufficiency in your head. Goodnight, sweet BUDK Man, goodnight.

Imagine bringing a date home to your BUDK house filled with swords, skull tissue holders and Confederate flag drapes and bedspread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lil Peeler posted:

Imagine bringing a date home to your BUDK house filled with swords, skull tissue holders and Confederate flag drapes and bedspread

"Care for a gummy?"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Lil Peeler posted:

The rohypnol will have kicked in by then.

Sorry, the "tactical dating assist chemical".

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

goatface posted:

"tactical dating assist chemical".

gently caress

Risky
May 18, 2003

Lil Peeler posted:

Those mall-ninja types usually don't date.

Shin00bie
Sep 11, 2011

goatface posted:

The rohypnol will have kicked in by then.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
OP, come back! I want more BUDK early CHRISTmas cheer!

I know! This ought'a be the lure for him!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
And before anybody asks, tactical fidget spinners are a thing from budk. Why wouldn't they be?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

EorayMel posted:

OP, come back! I want more BUDK early CHRISTmas cheer!

I know! This ought'a be the lure for him!

I....like this...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LingcodKilla posted:

I....like this...

well it's certainly starting a conversation

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiyFQAjEq7M

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So, a blunderbuss?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Inspector Hammer sues them for violating his copyright:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WKM9GDuX0Y

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

I desperately want to see the spread when they fire one of these. Imagine firing at an intruder and missing him entirely to only kill your cat and your neighbor’s parakeet.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

I dunno it looks kinda cool

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

I hope Inspector Hammer sues them for violating his copyright:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WKM9GDuX0Y

sledgehammer owned and they need to remake it instead of whatever bullshit they doing

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ripoff posted:

I desperately want to see the spread when they fire one of these. Imagine firing at an intruder and missing him entirely to only kill your cat and your neighbor’s parakeet.

Fun fact: the spread will be absolutely no different! The velocity is so high that no practical change to the barrel shape or length will actually affect the shot pattern. A sawed-off shotgun and a long-barreled hunting gun are identical in spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2B66MQxQmE

The only advantage to a blunderbuss's flared muzzle is it made it easier to reload from a moving wagon or ship. The only change you can do is make the spread tighter with a choke.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

So what's the deal with making a sawed off? Just easier to carry?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kazak posted:

So what's the deal with making a sawed off? Just easier to carry?

Yep. For criminals it's easier to conceal, but for legal users it's much lighter and handier. It's a good compromise for when you want to be armed while walking through the wilderness with something bigger than a handgun but smaller than a long rifle.

The downsides are stronger recoil and a shorter sight radius, which makes them less accurate to shoot even if the ballistics aren't really affected. And a stockless shotgun is actually harder to use than a longer one with a stock for really no added benefit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Looking like Mad Max is never bad.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

Looking like Mad Max is never bad.

nobody ITT would look like mad max if they had a sawed off shotgun

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Fat Max: McFlurry Road

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I could pull off a convincing The People Eater! :agesilaus:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Sawed-offs are mostly useful because they are easier to maneuver indoors. The restrictions against them in the US date back to super racist 1930s laws meant to keep concealable weapons out of the hands of minorities and the poor that have never been taken off the books.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
short barrels are cool because you get to say "I like to keep this for close encounters" every time you whip them out and you can't do it with regular shotguns.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

chitoryu12 posted:

Fun fact: the spread will be absolutely no different! The velocity is so high that no practical change to the barrel shape or length will actually affect the shot pattern. A sawed-off shotgun and a long-barreled hunting gun are identical in spread.

I'm not sure that quite works when the effective barrel length is just the chamber, like these hilarious things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxSjLllBbQ4

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lil Peeler posted:

Doobie's date house

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Megillah Gorilla posted:

So, a blunderbuss?

Nope. The flared end of the blunderbuss was to make loading while on the move (horseback or on a boat) easier. It does nothing for shot pattern.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Unreal_One posted:

I'm not sure that quite works when the effective barrel length is just the chamber, like these hilarious things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxSjLllBbQ4

the little shotgun that could owns

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

goatface posted:

I loving lost it. I could imagine some rear end in a top hat wannabe jarhead saying this to his buddies

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

The restrictions against them in the US date back to super racist 1930s laws meant to keep concealable weapons out of the hands of minorities and the poor that have never been taken off the books.

Same for switch blades, but a 1950s panic over urban gang warfare

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Blue Train posted:

the little shotgun that could owns

I loaded that video and I don't know why I was surprised about the German camo, yet here we are

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Target Practice posted:

I loaded that video and I don't know why I was surprised about the German camo, yet here we are

Wasn’t it modern stuff? Hella cheap in surplus stores. I’d only be concerned if he was wearing WW2 repro patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Coxswain Balls posted:

There's a DIY cheap gun contest in TFR this month and I'm pretty sure right now you'd be a contender for top three at the moment.

Thanks for suggesting this. My gun won! I'll post the prize whenever I get it.