Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

b_d posted:

you want them to murder him and make it look like an accident????

not exactly what i was going for but this works just as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

people sure do get weird about nomura huh

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
he'd probably be happier as a fashion designer but that's hard enough to break into when you don't add belts to your costume designs to spite the production team

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Motto posted:

people sure do get weird about nomura huh

He peaked with 7 and should have been shown the door after

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a handful of FF games better than 7

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

he literally wasn't a developer until the early 00s, and that wasn't even on FF

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nomura's character designs and art for FF8 are great fight me.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lurdiak posted:

Same. I wish I didn't have to resort to a guide near the end but I am very stupid.

Yeah I got to the end and just for that bit, I felt like I was fighting with an adventure text parser quibbling over verb descriptions.

And that was exactly what it was. But I guess if you're playing an insurance adjuster, quibbling over that stuff is ludonarratively consonant

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think in a vacuum I like every mainline FF game after 7 more than I do 7 (never played the MMOs though) -- maybe that's the order i played them though, my first PSX FF game was 8 and then 9 and THEN 7 so it didn't wow me so much

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had only ever played FF1+2 GBA until I saw the E3 trailer for lightning returns and it looked so loving cool to me that I played every FF in order to get hyped for it and 7 is still a top 3 FF.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My faves are X-2 7 and XIII btw

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Nomura gets a lot of flack for having dumb, bland designs. Learn a color wheel, you belt-obsessed weirdo!

The World Ends With You is a good example of the difference a color palette makes for your designs. The music gets on my nerves after a bit, though.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

and why is it "Final" Fantasy when there's like ten of them lmao

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Make the last Final Fantasy a megagame that ties every single game together in a way much more interesting than Dissidia or some gacha garbage and then burn down the Square offices and salt the earth with a 100-tank salute

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Really Pants posted:

and why is it "Final" Fantasy when there's like ten of them lmao

holy poo poo

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

In Training posted:

There's a handful of FF games better than 7

im tired of these jokes about my giant hand

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rdr2 would be a lot better if i knew how to make the horse go at top speed without mashing the button. Theres a setting for on foot hold to run but not for horse so in a 90 min play session im hitting x like 10,000 times just to get to a mission before i die of old age.

Theres also the incredible boredom they could fix too but i'll keep my wishlist practical

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Real hurthling! posted:

Rdr2 would be a lot better if i knew how to make the horse go at top speed without mashing the button. Theres a setting for on foot hold to run but not for horse so in a 90 min play session im hitting x like 10,000 times just to get to a mission before i die of old age.

Theres also the incredible boredom they could fix too but i'll keep my wishlist practical

did you try hitting the 'say yeehaw and fire your gun into the air' button once in a while?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Nomura had a brief and baffling cameo in New Rose Hotel so I think he must be a cool guy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Black August posted:

Make the last Final Fantasy a megagame that ties every single game together in a way much more interesting than Dissidia or some gacha garbage and then burn down the Square offices and salt the earth with a 100-tank salute
there already is an FF that ties every game together and you can stack the characters on your head

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm the exact demographic for what WoFF was selling but I found the game just so tedious.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
what if i don't want to play as sora

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the last ff game i played was 4

and before that, 15

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

what if i don't want to play as sora

That's Roxas, motherfucker.

Or maybe Ventus.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Dear square keep ff7 weird thx

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
are we posting our hot takes of FF relative quality
'
here's my ranking, of the ones I actually finished

VIII
XIV (SB>HW>ARR)
X
Bravely Default
IX
Bravely Second
X-2
VI
VII
------the border between good and bad games
II
XIII
I

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

the only "FF" you should be playing is Fallout Four, from the creators of Skyrim for Nintendo Switch

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

XII
X-2
X
lightning returns
--- playing anything else including the quiet man
13-2

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I started XCOM 2 and the actual combat system is pretty good. The overarching strategic stuff kinda sucks though

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
oh poo poo I forgot about XIII-2, put it between IX and Bravely Default on my list

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

are we posting our hot takes of FF relative quality
'
here's my ranking, of the ones I actually finished

VIII
XIV (SB>HW>ARR)
X
Bravely Default
IX
Bravely Second
X-2
VI
VII
------the border between good and bad games
II
XIII
I

FFT
Bravely Default
Bravely Second
X-2
X
and I don't care enough about the rest to rank them

yeah I like job systems

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I really enjoy VII, but I also definitely recognize its shortcomings. The story and characters were enjoyable imo, but the fact that it was the first final fantasy to be 3d kind of makes it feel a little rough nowadays. Plus, there's the very vocal group of people who proclaim it's the best. And then there's all the side story stuff they've released that kind of mischaracterizes some of the characters.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
VII has a great first act and good final act but the entire middle meanders and doesn't really hold up anymore imo

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

VII
IX
X
XV
V
II
I
VIII
XIII
XII
III
VI

Haven't play IV, XI, or XIV. Not really sure where I'd rank the spin off games these days, other X-2 being pretty high. III would be beneath VI on my list if I didn't have save states for the game. V and XV might switch around at some point too.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Nov 5, 2018

al-azad
May 28, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

VII has a great first act and good final act but the entire middle meanders and doesn't really hold up anymore imo

We talking 8 or 7??

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I'll also say the chunky industrial look that a lot of VII had was cool as hell and should be used more often.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

al-azad posted:

We talking 8 or 7??

VIII is great beginning to end

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Raxivace posted:

VII
IX
X
XV
V
II
I
VIII
XIII
XII
III
VI

Haven't play IV, XI, or XIV. Not really sure where I'd rank the spin off games these days, other X-2 being pretty high. . III would be beneath VI on my list if I didn't have save states for the game. V and XV might switch around at some point too.

VI isn't my favorite overall but I refuse to believe anyone could place it at the bottom in good faith . It's a really solid JRPG with some great twists on the formula in the second half ......., not accusing u of being insincere just very curious about your reason in therrv

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't like 6 mechanically, so it would definitely rank in the bottom third maybe for me, but above 3 for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I knew two of the major twists in FFVI going into it (Kefka is the real main villain and halfway through your party gets scattered across the world) and I think knowing that ahead of time bumped it down multiple slots

• Locked thread