Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

fighter in 5E is ridiculous too, you don't even really have to fudge your rolls. after a few levels you'll have +8 to attack

you'd have to roll really badly to not be effective in combat, but the tradeoff is your combat is just.. swinging, and more swinging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
The level(s?) Magnus took in rogue added a little more fun to the mix, for sure

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah, I’m surprised he didn’t do more with the Rogue angle. Griffin commented on how this live show was the first time hems ever done a sneak attack. Then again, maybe he just hasn’t gotten any opportunities.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
This probably isn't a fair comparison, and is mostly my remembered impression of how Balance went, but Travis always seemed to fudge a bit differently from Justin. Justin always just wants to make things more fun or interesting, and will do wacky spells because it just seems like it would be more entertaining. If he wanted, he could just cast a giant 6th level damaging spell on every final boss and close it out in one go, but instead he'll turn into a T-Rex.

Travis's fudges are more focused on winning as fast and efficiently as possible. He comes up with fun plans, but then will also complain if it looks like he has to give up his broken rear end sword or has to be shamed into going along with the fun idea of being possessed during the boss fight. It's not all the time, but I think he gets a little too caught up on "winning" and not entertaining.

Poor Miserable Gurgi fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 5, 2018

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

wizzardstaff posted:

Travis pulls a lot of poo poo but this one was actually legit, the fighter in D&D 5E has an ability to reroll a saving throw once per rest.

The point of that wasn't that he was breaking the rules, it was that he was about to make things more boring by not wanting to lose a roll.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Ariong posted:

Yeah, I’m surprised he didn’t do more with the Rogue angle. Griffin commented on how this live show was the first time hems ever done a sneak attack. Then again, maybe he just hasn’t gotten any opportunities.

Sneak attacks aren't typically compatible with a "rushing in" mentality.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Don't read the comments. :smith:

Why the gently caress do local news sites even have commenting?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOLutTr1Qrc

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Previa_fun posted:

Don't read the comments. :smith:

Why the gently caress do local news sites even have commenting?

When I read it earlier there were only two comments. One was positive and the other was a Sawbones reference.

I choose to believe those are the only two comments.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the triumphant return...

https://twitter.com/sydneemcelroy/status/1059199902796918784

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Munch Squad is spreading. It cannot be stopped. Justin must be placed in quarantine.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

an episode of mbmbam where griffin and travis are held captive as justin and dwight eat things from sheetz for an hour

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
would listen

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's

No

Es

Cape

You're tied up with sheets

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

on an unrelated but typical for the thread note, whenever I hear the 'one bad mother' ads, they say "remember you're doing a great job" and i keep thinking

i mean

a lot of parents aren't

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

A Lot of Bad Mothers

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

A Lot of Bad Mothers

The hit podcast on the NoFun Podcasting Network

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The 7th Guest posted:

on an unrelated but typical for the thread note, whenever I hear the 'one bad mother' ads, they say "remember you're doing a great job" and i keep thinking

i mean

a lot of parents aren't

I mean yea but on the whole most are at least doing 'fine' and I'm sure a lot of parents probably could use a parenting resource that tells them they're not actually ruining their kids.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah that post was definitely a bummer.

Why the hell are you trying to bring down people.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Like, I'm not a parent, but from the things I've seen my kid having friends read and all like half of them are still in that old school 'if you don't do all of this you might as well throw your baby into the woods to get raised by wolves, ya done hosed it up already, idiot, you loving joke, this is why your kid already hates you'. So, yea, maybe a gooftime podcast should be all 'hey chances are you're doing ok as a parent'.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Now it's time for Things I Bought At Sheetz

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Bogart posted:

Now it's time for Things I Bought At Sheetz

Now you just watched Things I Bought At Sheetz

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
You Americans have to save Sheetz.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I can’t wait for the prestige sequel series: Things I Bought at Wawa

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I mean, if y'all ain't gonna post it, I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4D2MdYKESU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Is this really just a 6 minute video telling me to vote?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Is this really just a 6 minute video telling me to vote?

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/10/12-young-people-on-why-they-probably-wont-vote.html

this is their audience

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Griffin is straight-up wrong this episode, Face Cat is a far worse abomination than Hands Dog.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Jesus that got me mad.

"It's too hard."

"I have anxiety"

"Doesn't feel like it matters"

Hooooly poo poo.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Griffin is straight-up wrong this episode, Face Cat is a far worse abomination than Hands Dog.

counterpoint:

play with me, Edward

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Morpheus posted:

Jesus that got me mad.

"It's too hard."

"I have anxiety"

"Doesn't feel like it matters"

Hooooly poo poo.

I really wish there was a follow up on vote or die

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thanks, this was infuriating to read.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

The Lord of Hats posted:

disagreed

while Face Cat is more horrifying, Hands Dog would get into absolutely everything

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Just remember all the answers they received that were well thought out and interesting, and thus did not include them.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The youth vote is up like 400%, so I don't know what to tell those NYMag chumps other than they should get off their, rear end, go outside, and get their butts in their county-designated guillotine

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
also the fact that you should be more mad about the people who want to vote but can't, instead of some cherrypicked stories chosen to get rageclicks on the nymag

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it's amazing how successful the idea is that low voter turnout is caused by people just deciding not to vote instead of it being caused by, yknow, widespread voter suppression

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

flatluigi posted:

it's amazing how successful the idea is that low voter turnout is caused by people just deciding not to vote instead of it being caused by, yknow, widespread voter suppression
Thinking about things along generational lines is a convenient way to avoid having to think about them along socioeconomic lines, because that's hard and scary.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Teddybear posted:

I mean, if y'all ain't gonna post it, I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4D2MdYKESU

Finally a new ep of The Charlie and Daddy Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Taako during the Halloween special