Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ghost Dog posted:

with uber there pittsburgh even has tech bros

Pittsburgh is Silicon Valley is California, you say.

Well well well, update the CA vs. Rust Belt Super Bowl titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

iospace posted:

Yeah, Green Bay is "paper belt" if anything (the entire Fox River Valley is paper mills after paper mills)

What kind of paper belt doesn't include Thebes, the cradle of paper?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Does anyone have a copy of the story someone in this forum made up about Matt Ryan considering leaving his wife over a woman he sees while exercising? Asking for a friend.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

tadashi posted:

Does anyone have a copy of the story someone in this forum made up about Matt Ryan considering leaving his wife over a woman he sees while exercising? Asking for a friend.

I had that copied up to SAS Wiki but that's been down a good while now :(

Mega64 posted:

Now post ring distribution correlated with that area's average penis size. Which region has the best ring-to-dong ratio?

I too get my cock rings from Josten's

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
E; wrong thread

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

tadashi posted:

I know this is a couple pages old, but drat Matt Ryan looks like a pretty successful businessman who is rapidly closing in on 40. He competes in triathlons in his spare time and he has come to the realization that he never really loved his wife. He goes on long runs early on Saturday mornings, and the last several weeks he's been arriving at the river trail a few minutes later than normal so that he spends part of his run staring at the rear end of the 20-something grad-student who he has started to chat up. Maybe this weekend he'll invite her to get some coffee after their run. He's fantasizes about the impending divorce. He doesn't hate his wife; he plans on making sure that she is comfortable and well taken care of, and he'd prefer to not have a contentious split since he knows that would be harder on his daughter. He tells himself that he wants to make sure he is still a part of his daughter's life, but he hasn't really ever been that involved with her and deep down he knows their relationship will devolve into the odd phone call and birthday card. If he could pinpoint where it all started to go wrong it would probably be after his wife had her third miscarriage. He had always wanted a big family, but at that point it was just too much for her and they stopped trying. He thinks that if they had more kids they could have made it work, but he's still not quite 40 and it isn't too late to start over. He wonders if the grad-student wants a big family...

You guys can't tell me that when you look into that picture of Matt Ryan you don't see a man who grew up in the shadow of an older brother. Jerry was the better athlete, Jerry had all the girlfriends, Jerry was the charmer who could roll around in pig poo poo, flash that million dollar smile, and come out smelling like roses. That’s not to say Matt wasn’t a decent athlete or didn’t have any girlfriends, but Jerry was the star player on the high school football team (although “star” is a relative term on a team that won 6 games in 2 years) and Jerry’s wife (then girlfriend) was the prom queen, and how exactly was Matt supposed to compete with that? Matt would say he had the last laugh now that Jerry is a balding, over-weight claims adjuster living in Overland Park Kansas, but Jerry and Cynthia found Jesus and have five kids and Matt is preparing to divorce his wife whom he hasn’t seen naked in over a year so it’s difficult to feel superior. Matt stopped being bitter at Jerry a long time ago anyways. Once they grew up and stopped competing with each other at everything Matt realized that his brother is just like everyone else, trying to do his best and get by day to day. Matt sometimes lies awake at night wondering if his financial success, which he considers moderate but which any sane person would consider substantial, has really bought him anything but heartburn and a failed marriage, but it’s the sort of crisis that doesn’t lead to any meaningful change and is forgotten by the time the alarm goes off and it’s time to hit the river trail. It’s a cold morning and Matt hopes the grad-student doesn’t decide to hit the snooze button.

You misunderstand. It’s not fan fiction. I’m just trying to describe what this picture looks like:

And what it looks like is a man who has been calling his lawyer’s office for the past week and a half and hanging up as soon as the receptionist answers because he feels guilty for beginning this process and blindsiding his wife with divorce papers. But it isn’t really blindsiding is it? Shannon has to know this is coming. She has to. She knows what has been going on for the past five years, or, more to the point, what has not been going on. Hell, she’s probably been seeing someone else behind his back. Who the gently caress knows what goes on all day when he’s at the office? But then again, this is a woman who spends forty-five minutes in the bathroom at a time and he can hear the sobbing through the door on occasion when she forgets to run the sink to drown it out. She still isn’t well and probably never will be, and if he were to serve her and she were to hurt herself he’s not sure he could forgive himself, not to mention the damage that would do to their daughter. So he continues to put it off, and most nights when he gets home from work he parks his Lexus in the driveway and rehearses what he’s going to say when he walks through the door. “Shannon, we both know this isn’t working. It’s not good for either of us to go on this way.” But what if she wants to work things out? He’s well past wanting to try and make it work, but what if she wants to? Could he actually say no to counseling? Wouldn’t that make him a bad person? And as soon as he’s ready to finally say it, he walks in the door and into the bedroom and the master bathroom door is closed and he can hear the sink running. So he changes into his running clothes and heads out to the river trail.

Matt looks like he feels pretty empty inside, sort of like a man who just had a two hour argument with his wife because she felt “Way too loving fat” to go to dinner at the club with the Applebaums. But he’s tired of making excuses for her, “Oh sorry, Shannon is a bit under the weather,” “Oh sorry, our baby sitter canceled at the last minute,” “Oh sorry, Shannon is feeling way too loving fat to come tonight.” So he begs and pleads and she slams the bathroom door so hard the windows shake. They ride to the club in total silence. He reaches for the radio, but she shifts in her seat and groans so he retracts his hand and curses to himself internally. At the club it’s all handshakes and smiles, though she does manage a subtle glare at him when he orders a double Johnnie Walker Black on the rocks. Janice Applebaum asks if she’d like to share a bottle of wine, and she says “No thank you, I think one of us should remain sober.” Other than that little dig things go smoothly enough, but before they’ve ordered dessert she excuses herself and doesn’t return for twenty or so minutes. She claims to have run into Emilia Parker in the ladies restroom and she just couldn’t get away any sooner, but he notices the hastily reapplied lipstick and he’s sure the Applebaum’s do as well. On the way home he catches a brief whiff of sour breath from her and he almost says something, but before he can she asks if he wouldn’t mind sleeping on the couch tonight because he always wakes her up when he leaves early to head out for a run. As they walk through the door she heads straight into the master bath and shuts the door.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

speaking of classic_tff.txt

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1059127604429627392

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Hey, whoa, what's with the random burn on Overland Park, Kansas there. That's one of the few good sections of Kansas!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

Hey, whoa, what's with the random burn on Overland Park, Kansas there. That's one of the few good sections of Kansas!

Counterpoint: Overland Park sucks as all of Kansas does.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

undisputed 🐐🐐🐐

Edit: Siri, show me Browns.jpg (two blockers on the top right)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I thought it was DVDs, but I guess they could've given him tapes too.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

actually Philadelphia, Baltimore and NYC are all in New Jersey

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the eastern shore of maryland is in oklahoma

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alaois posted:

actually Philadelphia, Baltimore and NYC are all in New Jersey

Two of them basically are

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

the eastern shore of maryland is in oklahoma

I've always thought of it like Louisiana

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Just checked the bears score and lol

Why was Mitch in late, just to pad stats?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He didn't have a passing TD until then, guess so.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ELO Musk posted:

Two of them basically are

i made that joke before i looked up a map and discovered baltimore is actually futher away from the border than i thought but i stand by the other two

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Counterpoint: Overland Park sucks as all of Kansas does.
Correct.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Chargers....good?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Gonz posted:

Chargers....good?

Yes

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

This should probably be here too

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Does Brady become a GOAT and this good without Bill?

I’d argue it goes...

Rodgers
Peyton
Brees
Brady

Rodgers has it all except Peyton has the better ability to dissect a defense and tear it apart but doesn’t seem to be effortless like Rodgers, Brees has Rodgers like ability on passing I’d argue but is more like Brady in making an offense better but not sure how good he is on dissecting a defense. Rodgers and Brees feel more similar but Brady and Peyton feel more grouped together.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In this thread people from the Redneck Belt of Missouri bag on Overland Park, the Snob Belt of Kansas.

I mean...I can't say too much since I demonstrated a preference for Los Angeles of all places by moving from OP.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Kalli posted:

This should probably be here too

He’s not wrong. #FreeEJ?
I mean, he’s bad, but Peterman.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

kiimo posted:

In this thread people from the Redneck Belt of Missouri bag on Overland Park, the Snob Belt of Kansas.

I mean...I can't say too much since I demonstrated a preference for Los Angeles of all places by moving from OP.

Where I live is also bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Peterman can't even complete the route tree.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

Similarly, I grew up in KCK and went to high school in Lenexa and think that little corner of Kansas is fine, but I hosed off to Chicago as soon as possible for a reason too. It just feels wrong saying all of Kansas sucks when you're lumping in that part with western Kansas which is like, literal hell.

E: Maybe literal Gehenna, since hell implies more's happening there.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

He’s not wrong. #FreeEJ?
I mean, he’s bad, but Peterman.

He sucked and Peterman gets paid a lot less to suck.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Power of Pecota posted:

Similarly, I grew up in KCK and went to high school in Lenexa and think that little corner of Kansas is fine, but I hosed off to Chicago as soon as possible for a reason too. It just feels wrong saying all of Kansas sucks when you're lumping in that part with western Kansas which is like, literal hell.

E: Maybe literal Gehenna, since hell implies more's happening there.

I live in Leavenworth and work in Lenexa and the only lovely part in between is how long the commute is.

And the politics, I guess, but as red as Kansas is I don't see that changing.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

He sucked and Peterman gets paid a lot less to suck.

Nathan Peterman and EJ Manuel do not belong in the same league.

Rostering Peterman right now should be a firable offense. What is even the point of him right now? I’d rather have Matt Cassel. I’d rather have Jeff Tuel. I’d rather have Tim Tebow. Lord help me, I’d rather have Christian Hackenberg.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

fsif posted:

Nathan Peterman and EJ Manuel do not belong in the same league.

Rostering Peterman right now should be a firable offense. What is even the point of him right now? I’d rather have Matt Cassel. I’d rather have Jeff Tuel. I’d rather have Tim Tebow. Lord help me, I’d rather have Christian Hackenberg.

Yeah but mediocre black QBs get labeled as non-cerebral running QBs, told to transition to WR, or out of the league entirely pretty quickly while mediocre white QBs take up roster spots until they're 35.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chiefs open as a 17.5 point favorite against the Cardinals, lol.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Kalli posted:

Chiefs open as a 17.5 point favorite against the Cardinals, lol.

Woof. That's not a small margin. I mean, even the Cards are going to be able to move things against our defense, so I'm not exactly confident against the spread, but I can absolutely see it being a 25+ point game midway through the third.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Strobe posted:

Woof. That's not a small margin. I mean, even the Cards are going to be able to move things against our defense, so I'm not exactly confident against the spread, but I can absolutely see it being a 25+ point game midway through the third.

Yeah, after looking at all the games with 20+ point spreads (a lot of 2007 Pats games and other stuff like that), I could easily see this line moving to 20. The Cardinals are exactly as bad as a lot of those teams were expected to be.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Kalli posted:

Yeah, after looking at all the games with 20+ point spreads (a lot of 2007 Pats games and other stuff like that), I could easily see this line moving to 20. The Cardinals are exactly as bad as a lot of those teams were expected to be.

That is a crazy line, especially since the Chiefs have given up a ton of points.

That said I’m not sure the Cardinals could consistently score against anyone.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well there's this

https://twitter.com/codybtapp/status/1059270190024876032

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Slowpoke! posted:

That is a crazy line, especially since the Chiefs have given up a ton of points.

That said I’m not sure the Cardinals could consistently score against anyone.

We give up a bunch of points, but against bad teams we also tend to let off the gas in the second half and the score is a lot closer than the game. The 49ers game was an 11 point difference, but we were up 35-10 at halftime and just cruised after that. The Browns game today was a 16 point game, but the Browns scored a TD in the 4th in effectively garbage time. Against the Jags we were up 20-0 and didn't have to push very hard on offense the rest of the way. The Chargers ended up scoring 16 points in the 4th and still lost by 10.

KC isn't exactly a team built to play against the spread (which would be a bizarre concept in the first place); Andy is typically content with a dickstomping in the first half and then coasting to a 1-2 possession score at the end of the game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Holy poo poo, the Chiefs have run 120 more plays on the same number of drives. That's just :stare: levels of... whatever that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

Holy poo poo, the Chiefs have run 120 more plays on the same number of drives. That's just :stare: levels of... whatever that is.

Theyre called first downs and the cardinals should investigate them

• Locked thread