Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Thanks a ton for the link! I'd appreciate an invite to the discord at some point. I'm Deesan in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kortel posted:

Thanks a ton for the link! I'd appreciate an invite to the discord at some point. I'm Deesan in game.

https://discord.gg/VdxJ4P

That...might work!

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Worked just fine! Thank you.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Tried jumping in the discord and couldn't. Outside of dynamis, salvage farming, mercing, gain experience, and ambuscade are there any other days to make money? I know there's a lot but I loving hate the first two and don't think I can pull off mercing without having a mule in town. Need to make serious Gil 'better'. I'm gearing up BLU to see if I can go the PL route for money but I don't know what else I can do.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Giving me actual money for gil is pretty effective. Beyond that, what you've listed are the keys.

Dyna and Salvage would be pretty slow going now, but it could still work. Omen and new dyna are probably good money for now with augments.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK
Shantotto II Cipher is available for this month's login campaign. Reupping this month just to get this for my alt :v:

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Starting to do RoV, they really escalated the level requirements for the popped fights. Did everything up to the Escha fight on low level summoner. BAM dead. Luckily have a slightly geared 97 Dragoon. About to do the Jungle fight next. Other than that it's been a treat so far.
But teleporting is getting expensive.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Kortel posted:

Starting to do RoV, they really escalated the level requirements for the popped fights. Did everything up to the Escha fight on low level summoner. BAM dead. Luckily have a slightly geared 97 Dragoon. About to do the Jungle fight next. Other than that it's been a treat so far.
But teleporting is getting expensive.

Teleporting is expensive unless you have a steady source of income/gil/Frod. Your only choice is to either convince someone to give you gil or to farm it up, you can buy it with real life currency if that jingles your jimmies(FROD!). Ambuscade is very farmable, you can go a quick ffxiah search for which currency sells the fastest and for the highest price. Cap out on those currencies each month. Then farm alexandrite, it is tedious, but it is worth it still. Good luck fellow Goon.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 12, 2018

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I never found teleporting to be that bad since I was exchanging sparks for shields a lot of the time, so my BLU was usually sitting on 500k at any given point, which is plenty for getting around for leveling and most of the story content (there's a few moments where you might have to shell out for quest items and junk). The only major thing that killed my wallet was getting crafting materials for BLU AF since Imperial Silk was, like, 70-100k at the time.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Yeah, if you're stuck soloing, buying Aegis Shields at the Sparks vendor and vendoring them is decent gil while leveling.

Cuchulain fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 16, 2018

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
acheron shields :P

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

Teleporting is expensive unless you have a steady source of income/gil/Frod. Your only choice is to either convince someone to give you gil or to farm it up, you can buy it with real life currency if that jingles your jimmies(FROD!). Ambuscade is very farmable, you can go a quick ffxiah search for which currency sells the fastest and for the highest price. Cap out on those currencies each month. Then farm alexandrite, it is tedious, but it is worth it still. Good luck fellow Goon.
This is a great idea. Hit up the Jamie Ricebowl Chronicles to buy some nice cling cling from the legend himself.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

star eater posted:

acheron shields :P

Do you not routinely buy and vendor Relics? Pfft. :v:

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

This is a great idea. Hit up the Jamie Ricebowl Chronicles to buy some nice cling cling from the legend himself.

Help fund the car payment of a terrible man.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Or me. I need someone to fund the insurance on my new car.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Any of you need a dynamis shell and have whm or brd?

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

After hitting 99 on my galka RUN I started questioning why I'm not playing with other people. Is it the norm to trust your way to Ambuscade and then just hope to find a spot in a group to start playing with others?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I'm about to start doing Dynamis. Any changes that are worth knowing about? I know these a no-subjob proc thing for currency drops and there's a few more zones now?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Zeg posted:

After hitting 99 on my galka RUN I started questioning why I'm not playing with other people. Is it the norm to trust your way to Ambuscade and then just hope to find a spot in a group to start playing with others?

Yes.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Kortel posted:

I'm about to start doing Dynamis. Any changes that are worth knowing about? I know these a no-subjob proc thing for currency drops and there's a few more zones now?

I hate to be all "read the loving manual" but by wiki has 100% of what you're looking for. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Dynamis

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I hate to be all "read the loving manual" but by wiki has 100% of what you're looking for. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Dynamis

I've read through it, seems like a bunch of features aren't used or half put in. Guess I should phrase it more like "is anything in it worth doing as a non bot outside of white proc for currency?" there's a poo poo ton of systems in XI that aren't really used anymore it seems. Would it be a waste trying for relics/artifacts in this system. Is there a more specific an efficient ways to do so?
I saw no one for Besieged for example, looks like dead content.
BCNM aren't done, at least I've seen no shouts for it.
Pushing through Promathia missions to get access to Sky to do some fights I only barely touched way back when.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
By all means, do Dynamis to get your hands on relic armor. Gotta have the base stuff in order to reforge it into the 119 stuff.

As far as white procs go, you can always trust up on a DNC trust or two and just run around the dreamland zones.

OH! Don't forget to actually beat the Mega-bosses of all the Dynamises, Valkurm/Buburimu/Qufim/Tavnazia especially. Gotta have the Tav clear in order to do the Dynamis Divergence content.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Looking to get back into the game with a fresh start on Asura and would very much appreciate a gold world pass. Any takers?

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
Dont need a world pass to join that server and anything you get from one is mostly cosmetic garbage.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

Dont need a world pass to join that server and anything you get from one is mostly cosmetic garbage.
It gives me an Echad Ring, and I'd very much like one.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
I recently started a new account on Asura and am trying to track down the goon LS + discord can someone hit me with an invite i didn't see one in the OP thanks!

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
https://discord.gg/CbzSgpK

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I saw this was $10 for the ultimate collection as part of return to Vana'Diel, tried to log into my POL account from FFXI launch (its gone), log into my SE account to find that it isn't recoverable because the email is now associated with my SE account, go to support and fill out the form but encounter a bug where no matter what I type into the "PlayOnline ID" box for account recovery and merging, it says there isn't anything in there. So I gave up. Its kinda impressive how aggressively it feels like SE doesn't want anyone to play this anymore, the steam community for it is literally all just confused and angry people trying to make playonline accounts or something and then refunding the game.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Any other Nasomi goons running around? By and large a way more interesting experience. Retrogarde is my ign or hit me up on discord at Zeg#8897 I need to wipe with other people while running to Jeuno.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

this first boss is getting through the absurd and arcane registration process.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Cuchulain posted:

this first boss is getting through the absurd and arcane registration process.

You'll spend more time loving with the SE system than you will playing the game.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

speaking of, my account lapsed because uh...

no idea, actually. Sqeenix just doesn't want my money I guess? I'd log onto the website to fix it but... that's going to suck.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Goonspeed.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Cuchulain posted:

speaking of, my account lapsed because uh...

no idea, actually. Sqeenix just doesn't want my money I guess? I'd log onto the website to fix it but... that's going to suck.

its funny how every single step in the POL recovery process is obfuscated by layers of old menus or just straight up doesn't work. I never did figure out how to get their support form to submit

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

I've now learned what it means to play retail XI in 2018.

quote:

[12:03:00] <Retrogarde> Hello, where do people go to find a party for level 20+? I'm at Qufim Island from Lower Jeuno.
[12:03:18] <Nabutso> that's the right place
[12:04:35] <Retrogarde> Is it just a bad time of day? I've been sitting here for an hour.
[12:05:08] <Nabutso> do you have a subjob yet
[12:05:13] <Retrogarde> Yes.
[12:05:19] <Nabutso> is it capped
[12:05:30] <Retrogarde> Yes.
[12:05:39] <Nabutso> are you geared
[12:05:44] Armaddon joined the channel.
[12:05:47] <Retrogarde> Define "geard" for a new player.
[12:06:21] <Nabutso> you're being ignored by people sending invites because they're inviting people who they know are well-geared
[12:06:33] <Nabutso> you will never have fast consistent invites at any level range unless people know you're good
[12:08:06] <Retrogarde> That's an interesting caveat.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Zeg posted:

I've now learned what it means to play retail XI in 2018.

Nasomi is where the terrible shits of level 75 era went to circlejerk about being superior to 99/119 era. It is a magnification of everything terrible about og ffxi that should stay dead.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

frodnonnag posted:

Nasomi is where the terrible shits of level 75 era went to circlejerk about being superior to 99/119 era. It is a magnification of everything terrible about og ffxi that should stay dead.

I'm a bit disheartened that this is true. I've met some super cool people on Nasomi, but not in groups. It's all about sitting around and spamming a macro in hopes to get a group if you don't know the right people or play the right job with a maxed subjob. I'm up to three hours so far just for Qufim Island.

The community actively tells people not to play X job for Y reason; reinforcing their own meta. It's pretty :gay:
Nabutso is a plague to the Nasomi community.

I enjoy XI, but private servers are the only thing I can play for the foreseeable future. I miss my galka RUN.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
you have the same option any DD did back in the day— make your own parties.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

star eater posted:

I did that working through Valkrum. Same result; a lot of waiting around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

star eater posted:

That nobody will accept the invite to because you're on x/y job.