Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

As humans amass wealth within capitalism and become more pig like, nothing works better than to say something terrible, poorer and violent is coming to take their livelihood away.

Ayup. "Don't look at us while we're doing our very best to literally take what little you already earned, and redirect it to the pockets of those who really, really can't even USE money anymore. Look at the immigrants, people of colour, poor and homeless people and people with addiction problems and WORRY ABOUT THEM THEY'RE COMING FOR YOU" *slides another tenner out of your pocket*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

AlphaDog posted:

I wanna see what's playing out in their minds when they think these things.

that scene in a jet li movie where he beats up like 50 students with wooden sticks

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i saw a recent vic poll that had both parties equal on who was trusted on crime, so yeah good work newscorp

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Doesn’t Guy have mafia ties?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

snoremac posted:

Doesn’t Guy have mafia ties?

He had a lobster with a mobster

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

You Am I posted:

He had a lobster with a mobster

Yeah if you gave a gently caress about white collar crime you'd probably be voting for someone else anyway.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Reclines Obesily posted:

i saw a recent vic poll that had both parties equal on who was trusted on crime, so yeah good work newscorp

That Financial Review article posted earlier pointed out that even though it's the Libs main campaign issue, they're only one point ahead of the ALP on it which is amazing.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted:

no one likes cops.

My family are cops and I work in justice ATM. I would say I'm ok with cops.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1059316658483806208

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

^^^ For a horrible moment there, I thought Russ Hinze had come back from the dead :ohdear:

hambeet posted:

That Financial Review article posted earlier pointed out that even though it's the Libs main campaign issue, they're only one point ahead of the ALP on it which is amazing.

Added to that, it was so clearly a put-down from the big end of town: I've rarely seen that kind of open dismissal in print. The Libs have forgotten that you've got to give the voters what they think they want, not what you think they should want; and then you can go ahead and do whatever else you like, as long as you keep that promise. Instead they've got short-term fixes on the brain because they hate giving the other side anything left if they lose and everyone's sick of that. Well, except for the Young Nazi Liberals, they love it.

How sad is it that they're pinning their hopes on an American phone app just because it coincidentally worked in SA (I'm not convinced by that) instead of an actual policy platform? African gangs is no more a platform than Union firies. And that self-wedge on structural change is mirrored in other states and the federal party; Shorten would have to be an absolute dunderhead if he can't win on climate change policy.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Wasn't the SA win a complete sham because the Weatherall govt actually got more of the vote than they did last time, but because they had the state on lockdown for the last few elections, the state electoral commission basically gerrymandered them out of office for the sake of what has become the twisted-tae-gently caress Australian definition of "balance"?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It had nothing to do with SA, our election as decided entirely by the mandated redistribution that favours the Liberals and their walled off communities

Don Dongington posted:

Wasn't the SA win a complete sham because the Weatherall govt actually got more of the vote than they did last time, but because they had the state on lockdown for the last few elections, the state electoral commission basically gerrymandered them out of office for the sake of what has become the twisted-tae-gently caress Australian definition of "balance"?

It's not the SAECs fault, they didn't want to do it, they were constitutionally required to, because the Liberals slipped in a referendum at the height of the state bank collapse backlash that inserted the 'fairness' gerrymander

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Gridlocked posted:

My family are cops and I work in justice ATM. I would say I'm ok with cops.

My cousin and her husband are cops. He went on a pro trump rant at a family lunch and then tried to heavy my 75 year old mother when she called him out. gently caress cops who cares if they're family. Also cops don't work in "justice".

E: he loving hates Sudanese people as well. Like, vitriolic blind hatred. He's a senior cop and I'm sure he really instills good and noble justice principles in his underlings. He looks absolutely furious when I talk about Sudanese workers and how much they own and are wonderful people.

JBP fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Nov 5, 2018

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Also Phelps officially won Wentworth today it seems.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

He is descending into madness.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Dredd also technically worked in justice

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the bullshit fairness gerrymander got turfed by SA labor in the last sitting day before the state election :D too late for that election but its gone now and it wont be coming back

https://indaily.com.au/news/politics/2018/07/04/no-fairness-libs-concede-defeat-constitutional-hijack/

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Don Dongington posted:

Also Phelps officially won Wentworth today it seems.

Yep, and she's said she wants an urgent briefing on the eligibilty of Dutton and Crewther.

Katter has since come out and said he may too refer them to the high court although I'm cynical on katter. he just probably wants something

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/marrowing/status/1059300463189741568

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hambeet posted:

Yep, and she's said she wants an urgent briefing on the eligibilty of Dutton and Crewther.

Katter has since come out and said he may too refer them to the high court although I'm cynical on katter. he just probably wants something

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Whitlam posted:

They also said that they had bought a baseball bat to protect themselves

un-australian

buy cricket bats, its not like the australian side is inspiring any kids to pick up the sport and drive sales.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

this but "We fuckin' tonight"

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Recoome posted:

this but "We fuckin' tonight"

the template is available on the "The Meme on the Hill" facebook group's page.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Ahahaha

quote:

Virgin Airlines has backed-tracked on its plan to give Australian veterans a US-style public acknowledgement on their flights and priority when boarding, amid an outcry from veterans themselves.

Less than 24 hours after the announcement, Virgin released a statement saying it would now consult with veterans’ organisations over the plans and “be respectful” the process found public recognition was inappropriate.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
someone photoshop the scomo bus so it has a scrunt rather than scomo

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A pack of morons?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

"We have a great team. They work as a team."

Powerful endorsement

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Anidav posted:

A pack of morons?

Sexual predators

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

drunkill posted:

un-australian

http://web.theabl.com.au/index.jsp

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

GoldStandardConure posted:

someone photoshop the scomo bus so it has a scrunt rather than scomo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Still angry about the space being underlined on the LNP bus.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Soldier in full emu-plume dress uniform: whish they'd put a firewall on them bloody seppos

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

surely scomo already has the hi-score for 24 hour backflips in his short time as prime minister

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

you're really colouring in the lines now dane. good job.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Scott Morrison called his bus the Scomobile today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
That's actually pretty good.