Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

I love these. Every single one could be turned into a renaissance painting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"What should we through at these fascists? Let's see, we've got, OJ, soda, purple stuff..."

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Zipperelli. posted:

I love these. Every single one could be turned into a renaissance painting.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Knormal posted:

"What should we through at these fascists? Let's see, we've got, OJ, soda, purple stuff..."

:hmmyes:

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Hey bird.

Bad news: You're dead.

Good news: You're going to Valhalla.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Dick Dastardly frantically writing down new plans for catching the pigeon.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
They did always say Randy Johnson had a cannon for an arm

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
New game demonstration area at blizzcon.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Lmfao seriously like, Blizzard shat the bed on this one, what were they thinking and what the hell do they do for years and years

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
EA did the same thing not even a year ago with CnC Rivals, the abysmal mobile-only "Command and Conquer" game, and got shat on during the announcements as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMZrd84803g.

Why Blizzard thought they'd get away with doing the exact same thing with a household PC name is beyond me

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Fishstick posted:

Why Blizzard thought they'd get away with doing the exact same thing with a household PC name is beyond me
They wanted a piece of the Chinese mobile gaming pie. Only China is moving to restricting the mobile game market, so good luck getting in there Blizzard.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Raygereio posted:

They wanted a piece of the Chinese mobile gaming pie. Only China is moving to restricting the mobile game market, so good luck getting in there Blizzard.

Like, it's fine that they wanted to make a Diablo mobile game. The problem is they told everyone "hey we're making a new Diablo game" without mentioning that crucial detail.

It's like telling everyone there's free cake, and it turns out it's fruitcake.

EightDeer
Dec 2, 2011

Alien Arcana posted:

What's wrong with that? Fruitcake is delicious.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

EightDeer posted:

Who....who did this to you?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

EightDeer posted:

Thinly sliced fruitcake, especially toasted and topped with butter, is indeed good. Collin St. Bakery fruitcake rules.
https://www.collinstreet.com/online_bakery/all_deluxe_fruitcakes

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I just adore the fact that there's a GIGANTIC FLASHING SIGN there now that says "YOU ARE TOO TALL YOU WILL gently caress YOUR poo poo" and there are still people going "meh, this'll fit."

I think the problem is it says “OVERHEIGHT MUST TURN”. It’s meant to be a command, but I think people are reading it as “If you are overheight, you must turn” and not knowing their height.

Maybe change it to “YOU ARE TOO TALL. TURN!”

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Who....who did this to you?

It’s good if you don’t think of it as cake.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Thinly sliced fruitcake, especially toasted and topped with butter, is indeed good. Collin St. Bakery fruitcake rules.
https://www.collinstreet.com/online_bakery/all_deluxe_fruitcakes

Like this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Whooping Crabs posted:

11'8" bridge claims another victim. Amazing audio.

https://youtu.be/i-e9JW0wje0

I'm a little late but why don't they raise the road or lower the bridge?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Alien Arcana posted:

hanales posted:

It’s good if you don’t think of it as cake.

There's a logical flaw in your plan.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Oh gently caress.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CommonShore posted:

It was built quite a long while ago and the bridge is a train bridge through a city. That would be madly expensive and inconvenient to fix so they don't. I think it would also be an engineering nightmare to lower the road given how many buildings are just kind of right against the thing. It's an old area so the cost would just be plain too expensive and it would involve shutting down important transportation lines. Apparently the bridge usually claims one victim a month at most as most people are not colossally stupid. I guess that road has signs a few blocks up warning you that it's coming so only the most oblivious try to get through.

I think another thing is that the bridge never kills anybody it just occasionally wrecks a trailer so it just isn't a high priority.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 15:19 on Nov 5, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Above the bridge is an orphanage full of puppies and they can't raise it without destroying the orphanage and the puppies.

Under the bridge is where they draw some blood, and they can't lower it or they could not get enough.

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
jesus christ, read the post

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The 11'8" bridge is the trolley problem, except they told you in advance not to use a trolley on those tracks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

orange sky posted:

Lmfao seriously like, Blizzard shat the bed on this one, what were they thinking and what the hell do they do for years and years

The gameplay video doesn't look terrible to me :shrug:

Although I feel like Diablo 2 is the best video game ever made and everything else in the Diablo franchise is just pale in comparison.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I really like DIablo 3, but wish they would get away from mandatory set piece builds.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Under the bridge is where they draw some blood, and they can't lower it or they could not get enough.

I’m really mad at you.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Standard Measure posted:

jesus christ, read the post

Reading is unAmerican.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It was built quite a long while ago and the bridge is a train bridge through a city. That would be madly expensive and inconvenient to fix so they don't. I think it would also be an engineering nightmare to lower the road given how many buildings are just kind of right against the thing. It's an old area so the cost would just be plain too expensive and it would involve shutting down important transportation lines. Apparently the bridge usually claims one victim a month at most as most people are not colossally stupid. I guess that road has signs a few blocks up warning you that it's coming so only the most oblivious try to get through.

I think another thing is that the bridge never kills anybody it just occasionally wrecks a trailer so it just isn't a high priority.

There's also another route around like half a mile away. There's basically no reason anyone should have to take that route.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

chitoryu12 posted:

I think the problem is it says “OVERHEIGHT MUST TURN”. It’s meant to be a command, but I think people are reading it as “If you are overheight, you must turn” and not knowing their height.

Maybe change it to “YOU ARE TOO TALL. TURN!”

This is part of it, also people don't read signs anyway and/or think they don't apply to them.

It's worded incredibly stupidly for something designed very carefully and specifically to solve this exact one-off problem, but even so the sign could say YOU, YES YOU IN THE YELLOW PENSKE VAN, WITH THE MOUSTACHE AND BLUE HAT, YOUR VEHICLE IS TOO TALL AND WILL CRASH IN 5... 4.... 3....

and they would still barrel right through because they are on a moving day and probably thinking about lots of stressful things like the breakup they're in the middle of, anything but processing information being fed to them by a sign.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Alien Arcana posted:

Like, it's fine that they wanted to make a Diablo mobile game. The problem is they told everyone "hey we're making a new Diablo game" without mentioning that crucial detail.

They pretty clearly stated that they won't be announcing Diablo 4 at Blizzcon so everyone who expected that is a loving idiot.
They said they were working on "Diablo related projects" so best case scenario was a new addon for D3 or a Diablo 1 or 2 remaster.

Not trying to defend their decision to make a mobile game but they pretty much told everyone to calm down before announcing anything. But the moment they said anything about Diablo the internet just went rabid...you know as it does and as they should have been expecting.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

:golfclap:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The real schadenfreude is how entitled Blizzard fans are. It's like those videos of rich kids shrieking they got the wrong car for their 16th bday.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Shai-Hulud posted:

They pretty clearly stated that they won't be announcing Diablo 4 at Blizzcon so everyone who expected that is a loving idiot.
They said they were working on "Diablo related projects" so best case scenario was a new addon for D3 or a Diablo 1 or 2 remaster.

Not trying to defend their decision to make a mobile game but they pretty much told everyone to calm down before announcing anything. But the moment they said anything about Diablo the internet just went rabid...you know as it does and as they should have been expecting.

Also, let's remember, these are "gamers" we're talking about so the proper schadenfreude is to be happy they're upset.

Edit:

StrangersInTheNight posted:

The real schadenfreude is how entitled Blizzard fans are.

God drat it.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Shai-Hulud posted:

The schadenfreude is both on fans who talked themselves into it being a stealth Diablo 4 announcement (or similar), and also on Blizzard for getting up on stage and doing a big reveal for a palette swap licensed mobile game.

That anyone at Blizzard thought that would be anything other than a gigantic wet fart is downright hilarious.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

https://twitter.com/alexbrucesmith/...tWpBoolpAVog534

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Possibly a repost but it's worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=46&v=WgmyxD_RPDY

I can't embed it for some reason (it's just a prank video).

Jippa has a new favorite as of 16:33 on Nov 5, 2018

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Actually the schad is on nerds in general because they love to pay hundreds of dollars to be shown trailers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's a lot of schad to go around with this incident, no need to be picky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
It's on us for living in this hellish timeline.

As Trump Spreads A Fog Of Falsehoods, His Fans Believe Them And Make Excuses For Him

quote:

...awaiting Trump’s rally at Pensacola airport, Gene Ponder, a high school government and politics teacher in Daphne, Alabama, wound up arguing that there was no real difference between having built a wall and falsely claiming to have built one.

“It’s a matter of semantics,” he said, and pointed out that falsely claiming to have built a wall was an effective campaign tool. “It’s wonderful campaigning for the Republican Party in congressional seats around the country, to stimulate the base.”