Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

easily the most baffling argument I've ever been a part of on the forums. I still don't really understand what the point of that was

Me right you wrong!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Colostomy Bag posted:

(This will spiral the thread into are you all crazy gun nuts territory lol)

Well...

Fits well in the hand. Why I bought it of course.

Trigger pull doesn't blow my skirt up. Neither does magazine loading. Or cocking/disassembly. Hoping all of it loosens up a little a bit. Extended mag didn't impress me either with quality control.

Good to know!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Neltharak posted:

Is the thread great again ?

Two days

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
downloaded rdr2 over the weekend at my friends place and gave it a solid 1-2hr try before I fell asleep

that intro/extended-tutorial section was putting me to sleep

I'm gonna give it another solid try as it was like 4am and the marching powder leaving my system wasn't helping much in the keeping attention department.

But thus far? Meh. Pretty graphics sometimes, the lighting is real nice, but thus far a 10/10 this game ain't. 8/10, shooting is still loving clunky and holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding with the amount of button prompts you gotta remember. Eventually maybe they all click but drat. Also I gave zero fucks about anyone I met, including the hero, for a single player game Rockstar sure hosed up establishing the stakes. Than again I was horned up and distracted so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Can't wait for the alien hunting and skinning gameplay that Roberts will introduce with 3.4

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Don't forget jif versus gif.

jood times

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Morphix posted:

and the marching powder leaving my system wasn't helping much in the keeping attention department.

You can call it coke here you know. This isn't the FD forums :P

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

his nibs posted:

jood times

I'm going to start pronouncing it as if it's jif, but with a soft J. "That's a hilarious yif!", I'll say, infuriating every turbonerd and confusing every furry within earshot.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beet Wagon posted:

Oh God I went back and read it and it's even loving weirder than I remember. Y'know, some days I really miss that crazy jerk

Don't you dare unban him!

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

Don't you dare unban him!

Reverse psychology - clever :smug:

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Agony Aunt posted:

You can call it coke here you know. This isn't the FD forums :P

I'm using in-group signalling

*sniff*

and so on and so forth *sniff*

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

So is the percentage meter how much of a pizza someone eaten?

Can't be — Ben's number would require a couple more digits for that to be the case.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tippis posted:

Can't be — Ben's number would require a couple more digits for that to be the case.

This is why you need 64 bites precision.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Frog Act posted:

There's a thread of "goons getting older but trying to still love games as jaded adults" running through this entire subforum and discussion that I find very interesting, particularly re: all this talk about speed and immersion

For my part I've been buying a lot of games at a higher price than I can afford looking for a distraction and then bouncing off them, most recently I bounced off AC:Origins but I'm hoping divinity original sin 2 will break th is trend for me

I've been enjoying AC:Origins over the past couple weeks but it definitely seems like a chore at times. It'll be awhile before I jump into another huge open world game like RDR2. It seems like these days AAA developers expect you to invest 100+ hours into every game.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

It wasn't a Stolen Valor issue. Also, little known fact: I have several family members and friends in the military, and other govt. agencies

Anyway...

Someone posted here a Tweet to Sandi, after one of her stupid-as-poo poo Tweets. A reply was from someone claiming to be a Vietnam vet, congratulating her.

Since it looked suspicious (he referred to Sandi as "young"; which set off all the alarm bells in my chest), I wanted to check to make sure he was in fact a vet *before* I responded to a Tweet he was part of.

Then I checked the Twitter profile and saw clues about "daughters" creating his Twitter account; he's learning etc. At this point, the alarm bells in my torso were already going off.

Next I checked his followers and those he followed

Then I checked his online exposure

At that point, the warning bells on the balls of my feet were already making my legs twitch.

Then I checked the only online dB I know which has these records. It was now behind a paywall. And as I had started to suspect it was a dummy account, I wanted to find out how far down the rabbit hole the conspiracy went. How remarkable would it have been if in fact a dummy account, with adulation (like so many in their feeds) was traced back to them? That's like a Platinum mine of hilarity that's worth at least 50 pages here.

Not wanting to waste money, seeing as I already came to the conclusion that it was a dummy (a troll account didn't occur to me at the time btw) account, I decided to call up someone who does this stuff for a living. Just to make sure.

The results? Confirmed kill.

Then I posted the Tweets here

Then someone made the connection with the Twitter account image by posting an article with that same person's picture on it. And that was additional proof that I was right; and that the account - and the claim of being a war vet - were bogus.

Then someone excerpted a reply showing that some annoying (I too have limits) poo poo, Ravane, who I had blocked (here on SA) weeks back, claimed he was behind the account.

Meanwhile, I was already having an exchange on Twitter with the twerp (that would be Ravane, who foolishly burned a well-seeded troll account) who had chosen - of his own volition - to burn his account by Tweeting nonsensical rubbish to me, which clearly show he was behind a troll account.

The account was now a confirmed troll. Essentially, burned.

During all this, the utterly clueless SpazSpergs camping out in /r/Derek Smart/ were having a field day with self-owning bullshit that you couldn't make up even if you were high, and jacking off on a train to the Sound Of Music audio track.

The End.

ps: Again, something related to Star Citizen, in this case Sandi being trolled, ends up being good for about 25+ pages of unbridled hilarity. BONUS: proving once again that the kind of saps over on /r/Derek Smart/ are the special kind that having been separated from their money, didn't have much to lose in the first place, seeing as they were already senseless morons ripe for the fleecing.

This is probably the greatest post in the history of star citizen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Confirmed Kill

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

easily the most baffling argument I've ever been a part of on the forums. I still don't really understand what the point comma of that was

FTFY

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

This is probably the greatest post in the history of star citizen.

the alarm bells in my torso were already going off.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
it all makes sense when you realize derek and chris are fundamentally the same person, including brain power

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/awpwjq1.mp4

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Alpaca that into a tiny car.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sorry I been busy. In Sammie news. he managed to fall into the pool the night before we closed it. 40 some odd farenheit degree water.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Morphix posted:

downloaded rdr2 over the weekend at my friends place and gave it a solid 1-2hr try before I fell asleep

that intro/extended-tutorial section was putting me to sleep

I'm gonna give it another solid try as it was like 4am and the marching powder leaving my system wasn't helping much in the keeping attention department.

But thus far? Meh. Pretty graphics sometimes, the lighting is real nice, but thus far a 10/10 this game ain't. 8/10, shooting is still loving clunky and holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding with the amount of button prompts you gotta remember. Eventually maybe they all click but drat. Also I gave zero fucks about anyone I met, including the hero, for a single player game Rockstar sure hosed up establishing the stakes. Than again I was horned up and distracted so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Can't wait for the alien hunting and skinning gameplay that Roberts will introduce with 3.4

The intro is boring as gently caress and much too long. Directly after that, when the world opens up, you are bombarded with two dozen mechanics you now have to memorize and do, and it's draining the fun even more. After that the game gets much better, and you realize most of the mechanics are not THAT important to simply have fun with the main story and do whatever the gently caress you want in the open world. I'm in chapter 4, and I'd say it's a 7/10. It's good, it's pretty, it has a quite interesting pace to it's gameplay, and gunplay feels nice. I like playing it for an hour or so, then I loose interest, and go back to it couple hours later.

It's a good game, but it stands in it's own way couple of times, imo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

what a beautifully trained alpaca or vicuña that is.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Frog Act posted:

There's a thread of "goons getting older but trying to still love games as jaded adults" running through this entire subforum and discussion that I find very interesting, particularly re: all this talk about speed and immersion

For my part I've been buying a lot of games at a higher price than I can afford looking for a distraction and then bouncing off them, most recently I bounced off AC:Origins but I'm hoping divinity original sin 2 will break th is trend for me

HoneyBakedMAN posted:

I've been enjoying AC:Origins over the past couple weeks but it definitely seems like a chore at times. It'll be awhile before I jump into another huge open world game like RDR2. It seems like these days AAA developers expect you to invest 100+ hours into every game.

There was a time when I would finish almost any decent game in a few weeks, but as I approach my 30's I've found I've become a lot pickier. A game really has to grab me in some way to make me want to finish it, mechanically or artistically. Often it really isn't about objective quality, its just what personally draws me in and doesn't make it feel like a chore. Like I struggled for years to actually finish The Witcher III, but played through Fallout 4 twice in the same time span.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AlbieQuirky posted:

what a beautifully trained alpaca or vicuña that is.
Looks more like a Punto to me.

Never been that good with cars though.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

How many of them are BIG ships :smug:

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

tooterfish posted:

Looks more like a Punto to me.

Never been that good with cars though.

Just amazed the Taxi driver let it happen.
Most taxi drivers are grumpy folk especially when you break their doors because you had a wild night on the Tequila but it wasn't your fault because you had no control over your legs which somehow inadvertently kicked the door panel off and onto the street.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/ev3gmm/red-dead-redemption-2-players-are-excited-to-attack-and-kill-feminists-in-the-game

Pull up, video-gaming, pull up.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Well, that's some loving stupid poo poo.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sandepande posted:

Well, that's some loving stupid poo poo.

Hence the female NPC question on reddit.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Youtube comments are bad, news at 11

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Colostomy Bag posted:

Hence the female NPC question on reddit.

Reddit. I don't really.. go there. The most exposure I get is through this thread, and I'm hoping there's a vaccine of some sort.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Reddit isnt bad but redditors are bad. Youtube isn't bad but youtubers are bad. Star Citizen is bad and citizens are bad.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Reddit isnt bad but redditors are bad. Youtube isn't bad but youtubers are bad. Star Citizen is bad and citizens are bad.

This is why I enjoy goats. Consistently fun.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

digging the fact that citizens themselves are shooting down the weird arbitrary "ha if you say it like this the haters are owned" poo poo their other posters are doing

time to kick back and enjoy a cold one fellas

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

CIG: *repeatedly demonstrates that the only thing they know how to make is spaceship models*

citizens: haha gently caress you, they're making spaceship models faster than ever before!

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

citizens: haha gently caress you, they're making spaceship models faster than ever before!

Patch 3.3.0 is now 36 days late. (~2.5 sprints late)
Patch 3.3.5 is due in 9-ish days (< 1 sprint)
Patch 3.4.0 is due within the next 50 days. (3.5 spints)

To put it more succinctly, they have to pump out three patches in the next fifty days, or even better, they'll be two patches late in about two weeks.

And the roadmap is filled with more 'polish' than a keilbasa. 'Polish' being the well known iteration stage before 'debugging'.

And next time you take a look at the roadmap, remember that we're *in* Q4, so anything in 3.4 that's 'scheduled' is not going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Hav posted:

And the roadmap is filled with more 'polish' than a keilbasa. 'Polish' being the well known iteration stage before 'debugging'.

Polish is the only thing you can do with a turd.

...have I made this post already?