Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Another pointer:

The manga thread has "manga" as the second word in its name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ZenVulgarity posted:

What's the horny level of this ep

Well, Giorno drank another man's piss and then this happened.

So it's up there.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Expect My Mom posted:

the funniest thing about that pic is that handsome pic of araki combined with "my younger sister is in her 50's"

reads like an LN no one has written yet

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I really like the other jojos but something about the direction in this one just feels better than the previous ones

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the suspense building is really good

Night Goat
Oct 24, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Ok, maybe a pointer:
  • "Kakyoin being a dork with no table manners" tag = the Anime thread.
  • "Kenshiro crackling his knucks" = the manga thread.
Hopefully that helps down the road. :)

Thanks! Shows me for having two tabs open at once.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Bifauxnen posted:

https://twitter.com/WeedVentoAureo/status/735887703187689474

now that part 5 is being animated and brought to life so well, this Twitter may not be my favourite rendition of it anymore. but it's still good.

Heads up, that twitter feed is full of huge spoilers for Part 5.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I really like the other jojos but something about the direction in this one just feels better than the previous ones

The director's favorite jo is giorno and his favorite stand is gold experience

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Smoking Crow posted:

The director's favorite jo is giorno and his favorite stand is gold experience

yeah part 5 is massively popular in japan

maybe not as much as 3 but 3 is like one of the most iconic things in all of shounen manga so

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The line about how "members of Passione dress like normal people so as not to arouse suspicion" is probably low-key the funniest line ever in Jojo

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The line about how "members of Passione dress like normal people so as not to arouse suspicion" is probably low-key the funniest line ever in Jojo

no, it's still Jotaro telling Josuke theres no way to revive dead grandfathers and that he should accept that

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Golden tea

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it does look silly in context, but that line is specifically referring to capos who hide in plain sight, Bruno is just a squad leader. The way people respect Bruno and come to him with their problems makes it pretty clear that they all know he and those rowdy teenagers in the back of the café are connected to crime so why not wear whatever they want

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

exploded mummy posted:

no, it's still Jotaro telling Josuke theres no way to revive dead grandfathers and that he should accept that
jotaro think he hears his uncle screaming in pain but waves it off as the rain

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Expect My Mom posted:

it does look silly in context, but that line is specifically referring to capos who hide in plain sight,

Except that there will not be a single named capo in the entire series who dresses normally and you and I both know that

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
gently caress

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 5, 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Except that there will not be a single named capo in the entire series who dresses normally and you and I both know that
polpo was very normal to me

wrong thread

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Expect My Mom posted:

it does look silly in context, but that line is specifically referring to capos who hide in plain sight, Bruno is just a squad leader. The way people respect Bruno and come to him with their problems makes it pretty clear that they all know he and those rowdy teenagers in the back of the café are connected to crime so why not wear whatever they want

it's basically yakuza rules where the street level guys dress really flashy, while the execs are all much more normal

just basically assume that GioGio is Kiryu except he kills people

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Expect My Mom posted:

cenobite shigechi is a very normal look in prison

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I can't wait for the episode where Giorno has to win a toy car race.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Dragonwagon posted:

I can't wait for the episode where Giorno has to win a toy car race.

I think Kakyoin covered that front when going agaist Darby.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Expect My Mom posted:

jotaro think he hears his uncle screaming in pain but waves it off as the rain

Josuke: *anguished screams*
Jotaro: ...why did Josuke take my pen...?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lol someon3 just put anime in the threead title already

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I just realized I assumed that Narancia getting stabbed in the face with a fork was gonna be a set up to reveal he has a healing stand but no it turns out that other dude is just a crazy mother fucker

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just realized I assumed that Narancia getting stabbed in the face with a fork was gonna be a set up to reveal he has a healing stand but no it turns out that other dude is just a crazy mother fucker

To save a lot of questioning why anyone does anything in part 5: every member of Passione is a terrible person.

In any other part, all of them except MAYBE Giorno would be villains.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah Fugo has temper problems.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

To save a lot of questioning why anyone does anything in part 5: every member of Passione is a terrible person.

I mean everyone in Jojo usually does start as a villain anyway

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

From what we've seen, Bruno is a pretty upstanding guy when he's not being a mob strong-arm.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yeah Fugo has temper problems.

You would too if you were dressed like a cheese.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Bruno is pretty polite even as enforcer so far, nicely chatting instead of going directly for whatever he'd have on his person. Compare to Luca keeping the shovel around from the outset.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
You know when you really think about it, drinking that piss was the true gold experience.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So did Naranja gently caress it up to gently caress with Fugo or is he just that stupid?

Or both??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Narancia is an idiot who never went to school.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

narancia ain't got no math learnings

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
His brain is filled with oranges.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Nessus posted:

So did Naranja gently caress it up to gently caress with Fugo or is he just that stupid?

Or both??

What's up, it's Narancia, he's 17 and he never learned how to read

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BaDandy posted:

What's up, it's Narancia, he's 17 and he never learned how to read
What a gorgeous, stupid boy

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nessus posted:

Or both??

Narancia is basically the Polnareff or Okuyasu of Part 5.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I liked the episode because it gave us a good look into the gang's personalities in short and effective ways.

- Fugo seems to be the one who's all about logic. He tries to be supportive, but he's got some serious anger management issues.
- Narancia is the one who acts the most like a teen in the group from the way he treats this like a road trip. He's also got a super sore spot over being called stupid, so again, pretty much like a teen.
- Abbachio seems like he'd be the straight man of the group, but then he's the one who initiates the tea prank. So I'm hoping he's gonna be the secret jokester of the group. :v:
- Mista's pretty great. He's neurotic and it's easy to mistake him as the loud idiotic one, but the way he pulled a fast one over Narancia shows he's a lot more devious than he seems.

I also like how Bruno's shown as someone people look up to. He's probably helped these folks deal with problems the police wouldn't help them with. Also it's pretty cool that when he announced that one of them could become a Capo if they got the treasure, the rest of the gang didn't think they'd become one. They admire Bruno taking this chance and want him to be the new Capo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

Lol someon3 just put anime in the threead title already

This never actually works.

So let's discuss the finer points of Part 7 right here, right now.