Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cleveland Browns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

'Steelers get better as the year goes on' is more that they are usually comically under prepared the first few weeks and coasting on talent.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's because not one of their important starters play a single significant snap in preseason, so it takes the entire month of September for the team to get timing and on field communications to gel

That's part of it, but part of it is that it's just natural to start getting better, start figuring out the best plays to call and the best coverages to run that fits your talent. Also the best personnel. If you actually have a good coach who is capable of reacting to new information, then it makes sense that your team gets better as the season goes on and there is more information available. Teams that don't have good management usually start losing to teams that do around this time.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
The Steelers are back baby

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
So what do my AFCN bros think their teams will target in the draft?

Short of using free agency (which they won't), I see a combo of LB/RT in the first two rounds for the Bengals.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
LT/WR

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Short of using free agency (which they won't), I see a combo of LB/RT in the first two rounds for the Bengals.

Ravens need a RB badly. Collins doesn't seem to be the answer and Allen for sure isn't. Haven't had a real year-to-year solution there since R*y R*ce

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Endless cycle of 1st round LB/ 2nd round CB who will bust like every draft, Pinky

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Seen a lot of talk at DT with Ogunjobi having played more snaps than any other by a long shot.

Otherwise yeah OT or WR imo

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

is it legal to draft limas sweed again

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Bengals desperately need LBs but I think Marvin still has flashbacks to Keith Rivers and won't take one in the first two rounds.

My guess is that they will pick RT or CB in the first and maybe another WR if John Ross continues to be a huge bust

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's not a great draft for offensive line... that's how it appears anyways. Those guys that seem to have the size and athleticism to be NFL tackles are gonna go HIGH

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The one thing I was reading is the top 4 Defensive Tackles are really good if Bosa declares. I haven't heard much hype for WRs or OL in comparison but it's earlyish. I'm not sure who is going to be a free agent either.

I'd think it ends up as....

1. NY Giants
2. Oakland Raiders
3. SF 49ers
4. Buffalo Bills
5. Cleveland Browns

I think the Raiders, Bills, and Giants would go for QBs.

Had to adjust.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 30, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

The defensive line draft in general is insanely stacked, both interior and edge. Guys who would've gone on the early first round last year will probably get pushed into the second this year. Just a lot of good players.

Not exactly the weakness of any team in the AFCN but hey you can always use more pass rushers

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Bengals desperately need LBs but I think Marvin still has flashbacks to Keith Rivers and won't take one in the first two rounds.

My guess is that they will pick RT or CB in the first and maybe another WR if John Ross continues to be a huge bust
If they decide to extend Dennard, which is possible, they'll do another middle round CB. You're right about Keith Rivers thoooo

They'll give Ross one more year before saying he's a bust.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ty Montgomery probably isn't going to make a difference at all for the Ravens. I guess a seventh is like the least in terms of draft picks that you can give up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it is time for the Bengals to draft a tight end in the first round

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens need to draft a kicker to push Tucker

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

i was going to do a troll where i said the issue with the bengals is that the snaps that are longer than regular snaps are bad and that would fix the team by drafting a long snapper but then i remembered that was genuinely the case 10 years ago.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm trying to find out if clark harris still has the world's longest longsnap record but i Don't know!

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Justin cucker

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

Cleveland Browns

...will begin offering bounties under new head coach Gregg Williams for actually scoring TDs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Oberst posted:

Justin cucker

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Can we all just admit that Woodhead is a funny name

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

i was going to do a troll where i said the issue with the bengals is that the snaps that are longer than regular snaps are bad and that would fix the team by drafting a long snapper but then i remembered that was genuinely the case 10 years ago.

If I ever hear you talking poo poo about Clark Harris I'm going to find out where you live and take a dump on your front lawn.

Clark Harris MVP

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I went birding this morning and found a nice Le Conte's Sparrow. Only my 2nd ever and the 3rd record ever in the county I was in. Probably overshadowed by the poo poo ton of evening grosbeaks that showed up at some other dude's feeders. But still very happy. I've been saying for years I'd like to find a Le Conte's.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im glad you found some crows, also known as ravens

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Wow... Language dude.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ravens status: We're bad baby!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
AJ Green might be out for the year so congrats Pittsburgh

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

AJ Green might be out for the year so congrats Pittsburgh

If that's the case the Ravens might still have an ok chance of getting the last wildcard spot, as long as we beat the Bengals after the bye which of course is no sure thing even without Green. I'm not sure there's any team in the NFL the Ravens could beat right now.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Lol if you thought anyone other than the Steelers would win the division.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Lol if you thought anyone other than the Steelers would win the division.

It seems like every other year they are garbage the first couple weeks or so and then turn it on and go on a crazy run. That's why Tomlin is such a great coach. Guess what Harbaugh thinks about the Ravens? He says no adjustments are needed. That's why Harbaugh is a pea-brained dunce and shouldn't be coaching in the NFL and ought to thank his lucky stars he inherited a strong team and just barely didn't f up winning a SB with them. Just like Jon Gruden did in Tampa.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The Bengals have a pretty easy schedule and the Steelers have to play the Pats+Saints+Panthers still so I could see the division coming down to the final week if like half of Cincy's roster wasn't injured.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Brown's have probably 6 winnable games if the offense plays like this and the defense comes back healthy. Schobert should be back next week. 

Please for the love of god Ward be ok.

The Panthers are going to loving brutalize us though

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

It seems like every other year they are garbage the first couple weeks or so and then turn it on and go on a crazy run. That's why Tomlin is such a great coach. Guess what Harbaugh thinks about the Ravens? He says no adjustments are needed. That's why Harbaugh is a pea-brained dunce and shouldn't be coaching in the NFL and ought to thank his lucky stars he inherited a strong team and just barely didn't f up winning a SB with them. Just like Jon Gruden did in Tampa.

almost every single major contributor to that superbowl win was drafted or signed under harbaugh, that doesnt really mesh with a weird revisionist inherited a superbowl team idea. whatever you think about him now its absurd to claim he didn't make that ravens team much, much better. It had not had a deep playoff run since 2003 and went on 5 in a row including a superbowl as soon as he arrived

since you are a dunce yourself this isn't me arguing about the here and now I just take exception to you claiming he just lucked into a great team or something. The team very obviously became better after he arrived, irrespective of if you think hes not the coach they need going forward.

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 5, 2018

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Brown's have probably 6 winnable games if the offense plays like this and the defense comes back healthy. Schobert should be back next week. 

Please for the love of god Ward be ok.

The Panthers are going to loving brutalize us though

Things we need:

A S/T coordinator
A Kicker
A WR
A Tackle
A LB
Another DT
A Head Coach
A new owner

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ghost Dog posted:

almost every single major contributor to that superbowl win was drafted or signed under harbaugh, that doesnt really mesh with a weird revisionist inherited a superbowl team idea. whatever you think about him now its absurd to claim he didn't make that ravens team much, much better. It had not had a deep playoff run since 2003 and went on 5 in a row including a superbowl as soon as he arrived

since you are a dunce yourself this isn't me arguing about the here and now I just take exception to you claiming he just lucked into a great team or something. The team very obviously became better after he arrived, irrespective of if you think hes not the coach they need going forward.

This is what happens when you trot out a Franchise Quarterback and not Kyle "Super" Boller or Troy Smith

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

2003 they lost in the wildcard round against the Titans at home. I know because I was there. 2006 we got further due to having a bye but lost the first game. It's true we hadn't won a playoff game since 2001 but I don't think much of Billick either. 2006 only didn't win the SB because McNair broke down at the very end of the season. Our defense completely contained Peyton Manning in that playoff game in a year where he was eventually Superbowl MVP. He had 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. 2007 the team had a bunch of injuries and McNair broke down further forcing us to use a dual QB team of Boller/McNair which was doomed to fail and the team collapsed midseason and quit completely except for the Patriots game.

The team he inherited was very good, and way better than the record they posted in 2007. Harbaugh didn't make them any better. They were already good. They just went from a smart-talking fraud to a pea-brained dunce. I wish Marvin Lewis were available. Now there's a guy who really improved his franchise. Harbaugh has not developed a single hall of fame player.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sharknado slashfic posted:

This is what happens when you trot out a Franchise Quarterback and not Kyle "Super" Boller or Troy Smith

well yeah and he didnt inherit that dude, he drafted him

Kawalimus posted:

2003 they lost in the wildcard round against the Titans at home. I know because I was there. 2006 we got further due to having a bye but lost the first game. It's true we hadn't won a playoff game since 2001 but I don't think much of Billick either. 2006 only didn't win the SB because McNair broke down at the very end of the season. Our defense completely contained Peyton Manning in that playoff game in a year where he was eventually Superbowl MVP. He had 0 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. 2007 the team had a bunch of injuries and McNair broke down further forcing us to use a dual QB team of Boller/McNair which was doomed to fail and the team collapsed midseason and quit completely except for the Patriots game.

The team he inherited was very good, and way better than the record they posted in 2007. Harbaugh didn't make them any better. They were already good. They just went from a smart-talking fraud to a pea-brained dunce. I wish Marvin Lewis were available. Now there's a guy who really improved his franchise. Harbaugh has not developed a single hall of fame player.
*lists all the numerous failures the team had before harbaugh got there that they no longer had again once he got here* and yeah anyway they didnt get any better

ur crazy man!! a wild and crazy poster

quote:

Harbaugh has not developed a single hall of fame player.

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Flikken posted:

Things we need:

A S/T coordinator
A Kicker
A WR
A Tackle
A LB
Another DT
A Head Coach
A new owner

No argument here. Still think we have a chance against the Bengals (especially if AJ is out), ravens, Broncos, falcons and Texans.

With the caveat that the offense performs.