Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

One button action attack: game will auto select your weapon depending on who you’re fighting and every swing of your swordmace will level up your “swing weapon” skill. The key will be “W” because the game will autorun you to your next quest objective once you select your next task from the new “action map.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
No they'll pull a hard left and you have to literally learn how to draw summoning circles to get a scamp, and hoo boy if you don't draw them perfect that mf might just waltz outta your control like mephistopheles. Better hope you followed the in game books and npc advice to pick up a lost iron horseshoe from the roadside and get ritually pure salt. Luckily hyperrealistic combat will train you to be a kung fu master. In order to pull off mysticism spells you will become a bodhisattva.

Interesting concept but this new realism gets patched over when the reviews come back only 7/10.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
You're overselling how hard it'll be Sniper. Anyone who makes it through the 576-page manual and correctly inputs all fifteen anti-piracy codes from the code wheel will surely already know how sword-singing works.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Finally, the journal is an empty notebook. This is the ultimate verisimilitude

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Can I mention how much I love the bound bow?

Because I loving looooooove that thing. I never really bothered with conjuration in previous runs and now it's like a whole new game. I'm only level 8 and I'm kicking rear end with it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

SniperWoreConverse posted:

No they'll pull a hard left and you have to literally learn how to draw summoning circles to get a scamp, and hoo boy if you don't draw them perfect that mf might just waltz outta your control like mephistopheles.

Drawing stuff worked pretty well in Okami, it was a fun mechanic.

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I really liked casting spells by drawing runes in the air in Arx Fatalis

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Let's be real, if Bethesda did signing it'd be the same quality as Black&White

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
If I can get a giant clanfear pet to train up black and white style I'm in.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Welp, despite being a huge Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Skyrim nerd (I kind of missed Oblivion, and lol Arena) starting from around 1997, I never really got into the lore. Like, I'd pay attention to what was happening while I was playing, but anything from before, I wouldn't really bother with.

I've been heavily getting back into Skyrim lately, and along with the HD port of Daggerfall, I'm now addicted to reading up on anything and everything on the UESP.

Any recommended in-game books that I might enjoy? I really enjoyed the one about the disaster at Ionith. Crazy poo poo, man :stare:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Where Were You when the Dragon Broke? and The Dragon Break Re-examined are both different academic takes on Dragon Breaks from an in universe perspective. The Warp in the West is another great read that summarizes the endings of Daggerfall from the perspective of various Blades agents stationed around the Iliac. Both of these I find strike the same sort of tone that The Disaster at Ionith hits.

If you haven't done so already, check out the 36 Sermons of Vivec to get some full force Kirkbride. And DEFINITELY read The Remanada for same grade A dirt fuckin' action.

i am tim! fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 4, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

i am tim! posted:

Where Were You when the Dragon Broke? and The Dragon Break Re-examined are both different academic takes on Dragon Breaks from an in universe perspective. The Warp in the West is another great read that summarizes the endings of Daggerfall from the perspective of various Blades agents stationed around the Iliac. Both of these I find strike the same sort of tone that The Disaster at Ionith hits.

If you haven't done so already, check out the 36 Sermons of Vivec to get some full force Kirkbride. And DEFINITELY read The Remanada for same grade A dirt fuckin' action.

Thanks! I look forward to book hunting and stocking my future library!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Welp, despite being a huge Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Skyrim nerd (I kind of missed Oblivion, and lol Arena) starting from around 1997, I never really got into the lore. Like, I'd pay attention to what was happening while I was playing, but anything from before, I wouldn't really bother with.

I've been heavily getting back into Skyrim lately, and along with the HD port of Daggerfall, I'm now addicted to reading up on anything and everything on the UESP.

Any recommended in-game books that I might enjoy? I really enjoyed the one about the disaster at Ionith. Crazy poo poo, man :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVdTZhmsGsU

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Whoever thought that switching cameras every 10 seconds would make this video more appealing and interesting ought to be fired from a canon.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

that skyrim book review guy is a huge dork and most of what he recommends is bad. Palla, however, is good.

Trap
Palla
The Importance of Where
Breathing Water
"A worn and weathered note" from morrowind

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Argonian Account and Dance in the Fire for sure, Decumus Scotti is the true hero of Tamriel.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the sermons of vivec :getin:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Raygereio posted:

Whoever thought that switching cameras every 10 seconds would make this video more appealing and interesting ought to be fired from a canon.
It does, to an audience that you aren't part of.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Argonian Account and Dance in the Fire for sure, Decumus Scotti is the true hero of Tamriel.

This. Basically anything by Waughin Jarth is worth reading.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks, all, I greatly appreciate the replies. I think 'A worn and weathered note' is the only one I'll read online, since I prefer to read them in-game (Skyrim).

Keep em coming!

Edit: I just read it. :stare:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Nov 5, 2018

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

I remember the Poison Song series being pretty good. You can pick those up in Solstheim.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

The 16 accords of madness (of which there are only 3) are a good insight into sheogorath and his interactions with both mortals and the other daedric princes

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The ending of the words is A L M S I V I

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
How was The Lusty Argonian Maid not the first suggestion, I’m ashamed of all of you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

The 16 accords of madness (of which there are only 3)

... What?

Simsmagic posted:

sheogorath

Ahhh, ok.

Also, everyone obviously (and correctly) assumed that I had already read The Lusty Argonian Maid :smug:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

... What?

Ahhh, ok.

Also, everyone obviously (and correctly) assumed that I had already read The Lusty Argonian Maid :smug:

The Sultry Argonian Bard is next (Yes, it exists. There's only one copy ingame, near where the huskies are in Fort Dawnguard.)

Also, Boethiah's Pillow Book. (Incidentally, the biggest goddam whoosh I've seen in a long time.)

Edit: That whoosh is actually pissing me off it's so stupid. A pillow book is basically a book like the Kama Sutra, a guide to Proper Sexual Practices. Consider what a being like Boethiah would consider to be Proper Sexual Practices, hence the only thing the book contains when you read it is: "No words can describe what you see. Or what you think you see."

Ruining one of Morrowinds best jokes with ignorance. :argh:

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 5, 2018

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Agents are GO! posted:

The Sultry Argonian Bard is next (Yes, it exists. There's only one copy ingame, near where the huskies are in Fort Dawnguard.)

Also, Boethiah's Pillow Book. (Incidentally, the biggest goddam whoosh I've seen in a long time.)

Edit: That whoosh is actually pissing me off it's so stupid. A pillow book is basically a book like the Kama Sutra, a guide to Proper Sexual Practices. Consider what a being like Boethiah would consider to be Proper Sexual Practices, hence the only thing the book contains when you read it is: "No words can describe what you see. Or what you think you see."

Ruining one of Morrowinds best jokes with ignorance. :argh:

Well that's what you get for going to a wikia instead of the proper wiki.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Looking to start a new Oblivion playthrough, it's been a few years. I seem to have forgotten how to mod the thing. Was hoping an Oblivion mod thread OP would help out, but welp, here I am. A lot of stuff on Nexus is recommending OBMM, do I really need that? It hasn't been updated since 2010. Same with Wrye Bash. Are there better alternatives these days? I've apparently got the Deluxe edition on Steam with the horse armor and hideouts and poo poo (I bought the GOTY edition in 2009, was the 2nd thing I ever bought on Steam), and I'm thinking of the following mods:

- All Unofficial Patches (base, expac, DLC)
- Stutter Remover (noted advice about heap replacement from a few pages back)
- Really AEVWD to reduce pop-in
- a texture pack of some sort, any ideas? nothing too crazy pls
- A character body/face improvement (OCOv2 seems too extreme, don't care about nudes)
- Maskar's Overhaul
- DarNified UI
- Realistic Leveling
- an Alternative Start mod (not sure yet, according to Nexus, last time I played I used Alternate Start Revamped)
- Harvest Flora
- Harvest Containers
- Basic Primary Needs
- Basic Personal Hygiene
- probably a Merchant/Economy mod, no idea on this, never used one
- something to disable Fast Travel if none of the above does it

I installed OBSE already. Suggestions wanted. Any conflicts or outdated things in there? An ENB and/or complete graphics overhaul is probably too much for my rig to handle along with everything else (1080p, i5 7600k, GTX 1060, 16GB 3ghz RAM, fast NVMe SSD), I want to keep 60fps pretty much always.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ofecks posted:

A lot of stuff on Nexus is recommending OBMM, do I really need that? It hasn't been updated since 2010. Same with Wrye Bash.
If something works and does everything it's supposed to do, it doesn't need updating. The last update date on its own says nothing about the quality of a mod or tool.[/petpeeve]
But yeah, unless there's a better mod manager tool that I'm unaware off I'd stick with OBMM. Mod Organizer can be worth checking out, but I think that still has issues with OMOD packaged mods.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

raminasi posted:

How was The Lusty Argonian Maid not the first suggestion, I’m ashamed of all of you.

A funny thing I learned about the Lusty Argonian Maid is that the author used a self insert as a main character.

Uncle Crassius is a real character.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I swear, if I ever get a switch and Skyrim for it, I will never be productive with anything ever again.

Except for super awesome character builds, of course. :black101:

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Ofecks posted:

. Suggestions wanted. Any conflicts or outdated things in there? An ENB and/or complete graphics overhaul is probably too much for my rig to handle along with everything else (1080p, i5 7600k, GTX 1060, 16GB 3ghz RAM, fast NVMe SSD), I want to keep 60fps pretty much always.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul was one of my favorites, no idea about conflicts though.

I'm personally waiting for the Skyrim mod so I can do Oblivion in VR but I also know that will never happen...

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, I've never gone far enough in the civil war quest line (and I've never beaten the game), but Solitude is my favourite city. If I'm siding with the Stormcloaks, will we eventually take it over? I want to live in Proudspire Manor, dammit!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Your side will eventually take every city, if you don't go the route that involves peace negotiations.

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul was one of my favorites, no idea about conflicts though.

I switched over to Francesco's overhaul, when I played.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Schubalts posted:

I switched over to Francesco's overhaul, when I played.

why not both?

fcom is relatively easy to install these days and with stutter remover you don't even pay a price in stability for all that extra content anymore

the fcom game balance is more OOO-like by default though i think if you tweak it enough you can get it behaving more like fran. i highly recommend fcom + maskar's as the base set of mods for anyone who has played oblivion before

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

So, I've never gone far enough in the civil war quest line (and I've never beaten the game), but Solitude is my favourite city. If I'm siding with the Stormcloaks, will we eventually take it over? I want to live in Proudspire Manor, dammit!

You can become thane of every hold without even starting the Civil War questline, so you should be able to buy Proudspire Manor regardless.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jazerus posted:

why not both?

fcom is relatively easy to install these days and with stutter remover you don't even pay a price in stability for all that extra content anymore

the fcom game balance is more OOO-like by default though i think if you tweak it enough you can get it behaving more like fran. i highly recommend fcom + maskar's as the base set of mods for anyone who has played oblivion before

there's a fine line between quantity and quality and FCOM roars over it with a monster truck made of goblin swords

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

there's a fine line between quantity and quality and FCOM roars over it with a monster truck made of goblin swords

FCOM was the first time I ever really tried modding a Bethesda game and while I'd never do it again it sure taught me a lot about modding

Also my current first-playthrough New Vegas run has 184 archives so

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Arivia posted:

FCOM was the first time I ever really tried modding a Bethesda game and while I'd never do it again it sure taught me a lot about modding

Also my current first-playthrough New Vegas run has 184 archives so

"wow, this pizza looks nice."
*covers in 500 lbs of parmesan cheese*
"much better"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

that's the whole point

(there are a few weapons you have to promise yourself you won't use because they're very silly for the level they drop at, but the most recent fcom with the right omobs patches and some of the changes maskar's makes puts the balance in a good place)