Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hidys
May 6, 2015

"Give the boys a bit of a rev up."

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Tony Jones Sex Robot

This is the sort of hard hitting subject matter that the panel was too gutless to discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

hawaiian_robot posted:

hey

get this

ChoMo

Yowza

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
SocMo is thinking of doing two elections next year. One for upper house, then after the budget, the lower.

Political suicide has my vote.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Is he hoping people will get a backlash vote out of their system the first time around and then fall in line? Not the greatest strategists, are they.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

No, he's hoping the uncooperative senate crossbenchers will be turfed, giving them 6 months to pass all the horrific poo poo they haven't been able to pass their entire time in office and win back a grateful and apologetic electorate

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Comstar posted:

SocMo is thinking of doing two elections next year. One for upper house, then after the budget, the lower.

Political suicide has my vote.

Can he even do that? I thought he had to have a general election, no ifs or buts.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I forgot it was cup day. gently caress that entire industry and everyone who supports it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anidav posted:

Can he even do that? I thought he had to have a general election, no ifs or buts.

Yes.

It hasn't been done since the 70s but you can have a half-Senate election separately from a Reps-only one. The Senate term expires in the middle of next year so there needs to be a half-Senate election in the first half but a Reps-only election could be as late as November 2019.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yes.

It hasn't been done since the 70s but you can have a half-Senate election separately from a Reps-only one. The Senate term expires in the middle of next year so there needs to be a half-Senate election in the first half but a Reps-only election could be as late as November 2019.

There is just no way anyone will have a favourable view of such an action.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Yeah that'll go no where. To easy to argue against, waste of money, time, etc. Not very responsible blah blah.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Anidav posted:

It's a really dumb idea.

Raising it before backtracking fits perfectly with the way Morrison has acted as Treasurer and PM.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Zenithe posted:

I forgot it was cup day. gently caress that entire industry and everyone who supports it.

Not an empty post

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Labor has pulled further in front of the Coalition in the national political contest, and voter disapproval of Scott Morrison has jumped by nine points in a month, according to the latest Guardian Essential poll.

The latest survey of 1,028 voters puts Labor ahead of the Coalition 54% to 46% on the two-party-preferred measure, compared with 53% to 47% a fortnight ago – a result that would give Bill Shorten an easy election win.

More voters (41%) approve of Morrison’s performance as prime minister than disapprove (37%), but disapproval has risen from 28% in October, a shift outside the poll’s margin of error which is plus or minus 3%.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Popemine

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

What's he doing to Queenslanders?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Australians obviously love going to the polls over and over so his plan will definitely win a bunch of fans.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Zenithe posted:

i'm wearing my best hippie clothes today, also because I don't have clients today

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Can you imagine being a senior, competent Lib right now? I mean jokes aside about hurr there are none, imagine watching this ongoing, excruciatingly slow march to a massacre, and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Don't get me wrong - they deserve it and I'm glad it's happening, but I can't even imagine how it would feel to be a Lib MP with half a politcial/strategic brain right now. Knowing you're facing at best electoral carnage, at worst maybe even losing your safe seat, all because of that idiot SchoMo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Imagine being a brain dead ALP apparatchik that happen to have their preselection number come up now, you be dancing a jig.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Whitlam posted:

Can you imagine being a senior, competent Lib right now? I mean jokes aside about hurr there are none, imagine watching this ongoing, excruciatingly slow march to a massacre, and knowing there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Don't get me wrong - they deserve it and I'm glad it's happening, but I can't even imagine how it would feel to be a Lib MP with half a politcial/strategic brain right now. Knowing you're facing at best electoral carnage, at worst maybe even losing your safe seat, all because of that idiot SchoMo.

I think people in that position have given up and are quietly looking for post-political careers or have resigned themselves to the idea that removing Morrison would be worse than keeping him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Or they're just keeping their heads down. Don't say anything to the media. You won't want your name associated with this poo poo show down the track

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Tony Jones Sex Robot

Good user name.

Also apperently there's a Q&A special on Thursday all about old Mal. Advertised this morning.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 5, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

http://www.auscentre.party/

Anidav fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Nov 5, 2018

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

they've got a grip on your 'vote'

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Weird it redirects to an actual party and also redirects to a massage parlour lol

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Wow yes this seems like the sensible centre I've been looking for.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh now it goes to the party website. disappointing

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/dailytelegraph/status/1059568257789771777

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

That was a quick backflip.

Did anyone watch last night's Four Corners on the *deep scary voice* Apex Gang violence in Victoria? Was it a hit job or did they actually make some effort to debunk the bullshit that the Herald Sun and Guy Matthew... I mean Matthew Guy, have been pedalling?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Love to float my own dumb ideas so I can try to get credit for dumping them

Nothing more fair dinkum than sending my own personal bus 400km ahead with no one but the driver while I fly via private Air Force jet

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You Am I posted:

That was a quick backflip.

Did anyone watch last night's Four Corners on the *deep scary voice* Apex Gang violence in Victoria? Was it a hit job or did they actually make some effort to debunk the bullshit that the Herald Sun and Guy Matthew... I mean Matthew Guy, have been pedalling?

I didn't watch it but I thought the whole thing was about over reporting and media bias against Africans

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wait was turnbull on q&a last night?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

hambeet posted:

wait was turnbull on q&a last night?

Thursday.

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
pope is living in the best possible time and place to be a political cartoonist and he's really stepped up to the plate imo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh i just saw the veteran priority chair and the tin cans on the back.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I read a couple of ABC online's articles on the Four Corners episode. It's not a hit job. They do describe incidents of violence, but they're about the reality of the situation and the consequences of the bias the media's been fostering

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-05/crime-and-panic-on-the-streets-of-melbourne/10455244

quote:

"A carload of Africans has hit the front fence and are now hanging around in the front yard," comes the crackly voice over the police radio.
Four Corners is out on patrol with Victoria Police in Melbourne's north-west.
"Apparently there is a car full of people of African appearance... we have a couple of vans heading there... 251 [the sergeant] has just asked if there is a highway unit that can perhaps head there as well."
Detective Acting Inspector Helen Chugg and Senior Sergeant Jason Forster exchange looks. So far, the night has been quiet.
We arrive in St Albans to find an L-plater has badly overshot a roundabout during a driving lesson, smashing through the brick wall of a house.
The driver is a middle-aged Asian woman and there's a young South Asian man in the front yard who has rushed to help her.
Despite the initial report to police there are no people of "African appearance" involved.
In the driveway, a man is reassuring his elderly parents who clearly got a huge fright when the car crashed through their front fence.
"They stressed out. They thought it was Africans out the front for some reason, I don't know," the son says, exasperated. "They always watch the news."

quote:

Young Sudanese males are over-represented in certain violent crimes — allegedly committing close to 10 per cent of all aggravated robberies.
"We do know that they're responsible disproportionally for some of those high-crime or high-harm offences, particularly aggravated burglaries and robberies. So that's concerning for us, and that's the issue that we've been dealing with for a couple of years now," said Stuart Bateson, the commander of the Priorities Taskforce.
"In terms of overall numbers for that high-impact crime, the numbers are quite small. That doesn't lessen the damage of course that they do to victims and the community, but in terms of overall numbers, it's quite small."
Victoria has the largest South Sudanese population in Australia, with approximately 9,000 people.
"The Sudanese population is overwhelmingly young, significantly younger than the general Australian population, so we know that youth offend between the ages of 15 and 24, that's the peak age of offending for any particular group, whether it be an ethnic minority, or Australian born," said Dr Rebecca Wickes from Monash University.
"There is a complete over-representation of Sudanese young people who are excluded from school, who are excluded from the workplace, who are marginalised and discriminated against in society, who are living in highly disadvantaged criminogenic settings.
"That they are offending is criminology 101."

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

hambeet posted:

oh i just saw the veteran priority chair and the tin cans on the back.

Same but for the words on the door

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The Lord Bude posted:

I feel like Thursday's Turnbull special will prove the rare exception.

I vote we TVIV it in here

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
four corners is hosed. about a year ago i posted that they were whittling away at the reputation of middle-eastern australians, and judging by the slide of the left toward the slippery slope of "all stereotypes are a little bit true!" their efforts were successful. now they're going to move on to african australians and because they don't come out with the piercing not-even-dogwhistles that dutton et al have made us accustomed to, their coverage will seem fair and moderate even as they subtly drive the narrative further toward inherent criminality and racial truthing. there are some very rotten people still high up at the abc and they cannot be trusted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incredible flesh
Oct 6, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
over the past few months it has become clear to me that the population of this thread is actually the enemy, and you will all just sit there quite contentedly as the narrative moves from smearing muslims to africans to indians and chinese all the way to the jews and then you'll just bicker peacefully among yourselves about pointless minutiae and semantics as we're all driven off to the camps