Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

mobby_6kl posted:

But cheese is good, no argument there as long as it's loaded with maggots.
The cheese or the arguement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

The maga desire to go back to the 50s does imply that we should start shooting them again.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
If I was on a jury charging someone for shooting a Nazi, I would give a Not Guilty verdict all day long.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

'google "jury nullification"' stickers around courthouses are my new favorite thing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Johnny Aztec posted:

If I was on a jury charging someone for shooting a Nazi, I would give a Not Guilty verdict all day long.

The prosecution would sniff you out and kick you to the curb

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Johnny Aztec posted:

What was the story where a jury convicted a guy of assault for punching a fascist but then decided that the punishment was $1?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Fuckin' :same:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Literally Esoteric posted:

The maga desire to go back to the 50s does imply that we should start shooting them again.

:911:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I would like to join the line

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

This family is Jojo as hell

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

jojoinnit posted:

The cheese or the arguement?
Ugh, both?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Johnny Aztec posted:

That's more wrong than being a "nazi".

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Ferrule posted:

Is this like a game of "found the vegan"?

because

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Ferrule posted:

Pretend I screenshotted this post

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Man, I don't want a loving derail in the picture thread.

I have scars from fighting nazi jerks back in the 80-90s punk rock scene.

I have no problem fighting a nazi that's doing boneheaded poo poo.

But to say "I'm going to completely disregard due process and the entire judicial system and levy a verdict without hearing any fact" is loving terrible and also undermines the principles of this hosed up country.

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Google "jury nullification"

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ferrule posted:

But to say "I'm going to completely disregard due process and the entire judicial system and levy a verdict without hearing any fact" is loving terrible and also undermines the principles of this hosed up country.

Yeah but counterpoint; killing a Nazi is a moral action that requires encouragement.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I googled it. Now what? Should I put it in AltaVista?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Ferrule posted:

... to say "I'm going to completely disregard due process and the entire judicial system and levy a verdict without hearing any fact" is loving terrible and also undermines the principles of this hosed up country.

Ever heard of people's court, comrade?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Data Graham posted:

Oh good, third grade schoolyard logic again

"Babies drink milk"

∴ "If you drink milk, you are a baby"

Q.E.D.

Hey! Mah pappy graduated from elementary school, and it never done him no good!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ferrule posted:

He says as fascism slowly creeps into and corrupts every part of due process and the American government.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ferrule posted:

We've found it, everybody. The wrongest possible post.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dewgy posted:

He says as fascism slowly creeps into and corrupts every part of due process and the American government.

Been here all along, they just don't need to hide it anymore. The first time Lee Greenwood topped the charts we were doomed.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Jesus wasn’t the product of immaculate conception in that story; Mary was.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

freeedr posted:

Gay Jesus confirmed

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

freeedr posted:

Yeah, in that Mary was conceived without sin (not without sex) so she would be worthy to bear Jesus.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Which sounds an awful lot like the story getting totally garbled and then painfully plastered over by centuries of bullheaded retcon artists who don't realize they're just making the mythos less compelling.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hirayuki posted:

bear Jesus.

Yes

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The more I learn about older Catholic doctrine, rituals, and apocrypha, the more I wonder if I would have stayed in the Church if that kind of stuff was still around.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/callme_mok/status/1059147014359805952

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

The more I learn about older Catholic doctrine, rituals, and apocrypha, the more I wonder if I would have stayed in the Church if that kind of stuff was still around.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Data Graham posted:

Which sounds an awful lot like the story getting totally garbled and then painfully plastered over by centuries of bullheaded retcon artists who don't realize they're just making the mythos less compelling.

No, it's important for denominations that believe in Original Sin. The idea is we all inherit the taint of sin from Adam and Eve. That way all of us are sinners who need salvation, regardless of our position in life and opportunities to sin or to refrain from sin.

Which means Mary would inherit it too, and be unfit to bare bear the savior. Otherwise there would be the question of if Jesus had inherited original sin through Mary, and for christians that would be no good because he was supposed to be completely perfectly without sin. Instead big G did something fiddly to her at the moment of her conception so that she would be free of inherited Original Sin. Immaculate.

Given modern medical knowledge it would make more sense to say Jesus didn't inherit Original Sin because god implanted her with a complete zygote not holy jizz. That way Jesus wouldn't have any of her sin tainted blood/DNA. But they didn't know about that in the second century so here we are.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Facebook Aunt posted:

No, it's important for denominations that believe in Original Sin. The idea is we all inherit the taint of sin from Adam and Eve. That way all of us are sinners who need salvation, regardless of our position in life and opportunities to sin or to refrain from sin.

Which means Mary would inherit it too, and be unfit to bare bear the savior. Otherwise there would be the question of if Jesus had inherited original sin through Mary, and for christians that would be no good because he was supposed to be completely perfectly without sin. Instead big G did something fiddly to her at the moment of her conception so that she would be free of inherited Original Sin. Immaculate.

Given modern medical knowledge it would make more sense to say Jesus didn't inherit Original Sin because god implanted her with a complete zygote not holy jizz. That way Jesus wouldn't have any of her sin tainted blood/DNA. But they didn't know about that in the second century so here we are.

since theres nothing about mary being immaculately concepted or w/e in the bible it just goes to show that catholics are loving retards

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

your friend a dog posted:

since theres nothing about mary being immaculately concepted or w/e in the bible it just goes to show that catholics are loving retards

You may have noticed that Catholic Canon is more than just the bible. There are, in fact, two thousand years of theological and metaphysical arguments of things not explicit in the bible, because the bible did not cover certain topics, and the Church needed them covered.

It's like going "There's nothing in the constitution about managing radio waves so really the US Government are loving retards"

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

So did Mary not sin at all in her early life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

CloFan posted:

So did Mary not sin at all in her early life?

Of course not. Get a load of this guy.