Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Lol @ the US Dept of Justice arguing against the Declaration of Independence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

sharknado slashfic posted:

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Lol @ the US Dept of Justice arguing against the Declaration of Independence

I mean, the Declaration also allows for the populace to abolish a government that doesn't work for its interests, so yeah.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYOu_lgLgzo

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

my kinda ape posted:

I'm sure the plague of scam callers where you might get 5-10 calls per day from "card services" or "about your car warranty" probably cause a lot of people to not answer unknown numbers. And conservatives like my mom have been conditioned by the propaganda machine to think pollsters are fake news devils working against Republicans.

This. I never answer my phone unless it's from a number I recognize. Like hell I'm going to answer a random number when 90% of it is spam.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
My new pixel 3 has a call screen option that will ask questions and show you a text conversation. It's nice just to waste their time a tiny bit.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

More on the Georgia voting security issue:

https://politics.myajc.com/blog/pol...IoElyu3D8_R_0b0

Dem volunteer finds voter registration security flaw, informs management and FBI, FBI informs Kemp, Kemp announces a witch hunt.

This really isn't getting enough exposure. The Republican party has turned into the bastard offspring of Jim Crow hate-loving a banana republic. Kemp has refused to secure the electoral system he is in charge of, instead using it to turbofuck minorities and rig the election he is running in. When a security flaw is found in the system he is both responsible for and abusing, his immediate reaction is to gin up an investigation against his political opponents for their "hacking". This is, of course, being trumpeted in right wing media as him valiantly holding out against the perfidious Democrat and securing the future for our children.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/5/18065258/georgia-governor-race-brian-kemp-stacey-abrams-hacking-democrats-accusations

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

bird food bathtub posted:

This is, of course, being trumpeted in right wing media as him valiantly holding out against the perfidious Democrat and securing the future for our children.

I can't help but be reminded of this beauty of a quote by Zhdanov.
"Only by mercilessly exterminating the Fascist bastards can we save our Motherland, save our wives and mothers, and save our children."

I'm not sure how long the right wingers have been using their little slogan, I've never been interested enough to look into it. But on the left, it's been used since 1941.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Jesus whoever said watching this weeks John Oliver clip on YouTube was rough wasn’t making GBS threads. I hope that kid and his mother are better now.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/radiofreetom/status/1059558756588158976?s=21

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I love that as Commander in Chief that he still doesn't realize the extent of his authority and so leaves the military the ability to decline

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
wondering if those dudes aren't wearing nametapes or helmet bands so they arent as easily identifiable with this bullshit or if thats just how lovely the guard rolls nowadays

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It might also be some sort of legal quagmire involving title 10/title 32 shenanigans. Which of course is why you don't say 'hey go do this' in public until you know that can happen.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

mods changed my name posted:

wondering if those dudes aren't wearing nametapes or helmet bands so they arent as easily identifiable with this bullshit or if thats just how lovely the guard rolls nowadays

Two of those dudes are Air Force and GIS gives me hits on that story about the CA National Guard saying its members don't have to repay the bonuses they didn't know they weren't supposed to get.

So who the hell knows.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

McNally posted:

Two of those dudes are Air Force and GIS gives me hits on that story about the CA National Guard saying its members don't have to repay the bonuses they didn't know they weren't supposed to get.

So who the hell knows.
Could be a stock photo.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
probably right

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Flikken posted:

I love that as Commander in Chief that he still doesn't realize the extent of his authority and so leaves the military the ability to decline

The request appears to be declined on “unlawful order” grounds.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
between this and the Red Square Parade being canceled I'm starting to think trump is a big dumb loving moron

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mattis had an extra bowl of Wheaties this morning I guess.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Mattis had an extra bowl of Wheaties this morning I guess.

Easy enough to blame it on those JAG types, if it really came down to it. Pesky laws and all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mlmp08 posted:

Easy enough to blame it on those JAG types, if it really came down to it. Pesky laws and all.

I'm just picturing Mattis telling the White House jerkoff who told him to do that to gently caress off, instead of his usual answer of saying he'll refer the matter to an inter-service planning task force headed by the appropriate assistant undersecretary.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

On the plus side, my polling in my section of Atlanta indicates that Sunday 11 am Bottomless Mimosas sales will be passed by a land slide. Silver Lining and all that.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm just picturing Mattis telling the White House jerkoff who told him to do that to gently caress off, instead of his usual answer of saying he'll refer the matter to an inter-service planning task force headed by the appropriate assistant undersecretary.

Ask me again and I'll send you to loving Afghanistan.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

MA-Horus posted:

Ask me again and I'll send you to loving Afghanistan.

That only worked because of the uniquely hilarious situation of the press secretary being a naval reserve officer.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hobbesmaster posted:

That only worked because of the uniquely hilarious situation of the press secretary being a naval reserve officer.

It also inspired one of the greatest ever Duffel Blog stories.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

It rubs the ballot on its skin.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

It rubs the ballot on its skin.

Or else it gets the trump again

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i cannot stress how loving stupid you are if you're eligible to vote and don't

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

EBB posted:

Meh it’s not like one vote makes a difference anyway.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Early voting is the poo poo. I voted last week in 15 minutes. It took me longer to find the mini mall plaza than the vote did.

FrozenVent posted:

https://youtu.be/TBGtwV8_hsE

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

I'm not voting in your dumb election

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in_Michigan,_2016

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Richard Bong posted:

Early voting is the poo poo. I voted last week in 15 minutes. It took me longer to find the mini mall plaza than the vote did.

For real, I just worry that mine will get thrown out. They already had me come and resign the envelope because I accidentally signed my name different than my registration.

And people really seem to like loving with early voting ballots and all

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FrozenVent posted:

George W. Bush won the presidency over Al Gore by 537 votes in Florida.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

mods changed my name posted:

For real, I just worry that mine will get thrown out. They already had me come and resign the envelope because I accidentally signed my name different than my registration.

And people really seem to like loving with early voting ballots and all

Mine was in a machine and I didn’t have to touch it. Also it’s Chicago so the worst that happens is I get my vote changed to a machine democratic candidate. So in the national scheme ok for the next couple years.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
The parties are exactly the same! The last two years have been indistinguishable from the 8 that proceeded them!!! I am smart!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I remember being amazed at Romney's slogan.
"We can't afford another 4 years like the last 4 years."
It's simple, a powerful message, and completely and demonstrably false.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
Amazon plans to split HQ2 in Two Locations

quote:

“I am doing everything I can,” Governor Cuomo told reporters when asked Monday about the state’s efforts to lure the company. “We have a great incentive package,” he said.

“I’ll change my name to Amazon Cuomo if that’s what it takes,” Governor Cuomo said. “Because it would be a great economic boost.”

Tryzzub fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 6, 2018

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I took tuesday off to vote. Gonna wake up hungover, make coffee, stumble to my polling place 500yds from my house, mash a straight D ballot, then fall down and roll back home. DEMOCRACY

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I already voted via absentee ballot. I'm set for a stressful day at work tomorrow already. So this isn't going to be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Deathy McDeath posted:

I took tuesday off to vote. Gonna wake up hungover, make coffee, stumble to my polling place 500yds from my house, mash a straight D ballot, then fall down and roll back home. DEMOCRACY

Can't believe you'd throw a vote in for Ted Cruz