Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Burt Sexual posted:

Are you serious?

My wife bought me some slacks and I told that controlling bitch she'd get my Cheeto stained sweatpants off me when I'm dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [24f] dated a man [40m], not knowing he was married. His wife [??f] is demanding I repay the $6,200 he spent on me

Lol this is amazing. I'm trying to frame it into a total con job (there is no wife, this is a scam he runs wherein he gives marks a bunch of cheap perfume and trinkets and then emails her pretending to be his wife demanding magic $6,200), but it just doesn't work. So this is just a wife too dumb to realize that her husband stole her money and she'll get it back in the divorce if she lawyers up.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

I [24f] dated a man [40m], not knowing he was married. His wife [??f] is demanding I repay the $6,200 he spent on me

lol even odds that the wife is actually just the dude feeling slighted and texting from a new number

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

lol even odds that the wife is actually just the dude feeling slighted and texting from a new number

This guy gets it.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

therobit posted:

Was this an r/relationships post or an r/legaladvice post?

r/findom

r/relationships

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Drunk Nerds posted:

This guy gets it.

:hfive:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

La Brea Carpet posted:

r/findom

r/relationships

TBH the discussion of r/r posts here is more entertaining than whatever weird poo poo the r/r posters come up with. If it was the legal advice sub I would go find it and read it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [22f] showed my boyfriend [27m] my secret campsite, and asked him to not tell anyone. He told all his friends about it.

When I was a kid, my parents were really neglectful, and when they were around, had hella bad tempers.. They'd come and go without saying they were going or when they'd be back. I had pretty much free rein to do whatever, as long as I went to school and did my homework. I couldn't go see friends often because we lived somewhere you'd absolutely need a car, and I couldn't rely on my parents for transportation.

I loved camping, we lived out in the country surrounded by wilderness. I'd go camping alone starting when I was 12 or 13. Over the years, I built a couple huts in the woods out of trees and branches, that served as good shelter in bad weather because I didn't have a tent. One that I built by a stream was pretty intricate, it had a fire pit out front with big rocks on one side to reflect heat into the shelter, a bunch of fallen logs for sitting on nearby. The shelter would keep water out; I'd layered a bunch of thick branches that I'd sawed off, with mud, then a layer of thin pine tree branches with long needles, more mud, broad-leaved river reeds, more mud, and another layer of strong branches. I kept building it up and repairing it over the years.

I never told my parents about it, it was my get away when they were around because we didn't have the best relationship.

I have a better relationship with my parents now that I'm out of their house, having gone to college and gotten a job. So after I'd been together with my boyfriend Will for almost a year, and he wanted to meet them, I said OK.

We went to my parents house for a long weekend, and I think it was a bit of a culture shock. Will is from NYC originally, and the most "rural" place he's ever lived was a suburb of Boston. He's been camping, but mainly in organized campgrounds. So going and spending a couple days in rural Appalachia was something he's never done. So not having cell signal, or fast internet, was a lot. He asked what I even did around there, and I told him I'd show him, if he kept it a secret. I told him to put on clothes he didn't mind getting dirty, and we'd go to the woods. I took him to my favorite campsite, which was over a mile from the house, through some pretty thick forest. The shelter was still standing, the whole thing was in pretty good shape for having been left more or less alone for 4 years.

And he was honestly shocked by it. I'd meant it to be a surprise what we were going to see, but he was way more shocked than I expected. He just couldn't believe I'd built the whole thing alone, that I'd sleep there alone, that nobody else knew about it, etc. He asked me what I did there, and I told him that building and adding to it took a lot of time. On days where I just wanted to relax, I'd watch animals. You'd see a surprising amount of animals if you could sit still and quiet for a while. Sometimes I'd read books or do homework, or just play with the fire.

I told him again that nobody else knew about that place, and I wanted to keep it that way. (I didn't get into explaining why, but my main reason is that it had always been my private get away when I was going through difficult times, and needed peace. I wasn't embarrassed by it really, I just like the idea of having a refuge in nature.)

Anyway, a few weeks after Will and I went back to the city we live in now, we were hanging out with a bunch of his friends at a party. And one of his friends, Frank, called me "Bear MyLastName" as a nickname. I asked what was up with that, and he said "Like Bear Grylls, cause you like living off the land and poo poo"

I asked who'd told him that, and he said that Will had told him I'd built some hut in the woods with downed trees, and I'd sleep there and play with fire and watch animals. Honestly the way Frank described it made me sound like some kinda crazy hermit. I made some joke saying "You don't know the half of it; this beer bottle is actually full of piss.", because I didn't want to make a big deal of it, and a couple more of my boyfriend's friends joined the conversation, and it was obvious he'd told everyone about my campsite.

I told Will after the party that it bothered me that he'd told everyone about the campsite. He didn't get why; he asked if I was embarrassed, and I said it wasn't that. He said that it wasn't like any of his friends would ever find it, we live hours from my hometown. I tried to explain that I just liked having somewhere all for myself, and he just didn't get it. He still doesn't think he did anything wrong. I don't know if I'm overreacting or not. Should I try to get him to understand how he crossed a line, or just let it be?

TLDR - My boyfriend told his friends about my favorite campsite, which I'd asked him to keep secret.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
why can people not just keep a loving secret. like, the more inconsequential the secret is, like his stupid excuse of "none of my friends will go there :downs:", who cares about the logic, that's such an easy secret to keep. no internal struggle or ethical quandary about that or w/e, just "am i a not lovely enough dude to not use this to score a laugh with my buds" god drat

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

New Yorker who's never left NYC is a relationship red flag

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

(CO) My autistic brother was banned from the local hobby shop. Is this legal? (self.legaladvice)

So my brother suffers from high functioning autism so he has a hard time socializing. One place he loves to go to is a local hobby shop. Me and my brother are regulars there and have spent thousands of dollars over the years. This last week however my brother was banned from the shop. A girl who also goes there claims my brother tried to kiss her and when she refused he groped her. I tried to talk with the owner and he knows my brother is autistic but he refuses to unban him. He said that he cant allow him in because he's a threat to his female customers. I think this is crap, I talked to my brother about this and he understands he did a wrong thing but he cant understand why he was banned so he's been very depressed this past week and wants to go back to the store.

Is there anything I can do? Is this discrimination because he banned my brother due to his autisim? My parents are planning on getting a lawyer and suing the owner, will this fix the issue?

edit: My lunch is over and I need to go to class. Thanks for helping me see i was wrong. I'm gonna talk to my parents and stop them from suing. I'm gonna go to the owner after school and apologize for bothering them and how i acted because of this.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [22f] showed my boyfriend [27m] my secret campsite, and asked him to not tell anyone. He told all his friends about it.

When I was a kid, my parents were really neglectful, and when they were around, had hella bad tempers.. They'd come and go without saying they were going or when they'd be back. I had pretty much free rein to do whatever, as long as I went to school and did my homework. I couldn't go see friends often because we lived somewhere you'd absolutely need a car, and I couldn't rely on my parents for transportation.

I loved camping, we lived out in the country surrounded by wilderness. I'd go camping alone starting when I was 12 or 13. Over the years, I built a couple huts in the woods out of trees and branches, that served as good shelter in bad weather because I didn't have a tent. One that I built by a stream was pretty intricate, it had a fire pit out front with big rocks on one side to reflect heat into the shelter, a bunch of fallen logs for sitting on nearby. The shelter would keep water out; I'd layered a bunch of thick branches that I'd sawed off, with mud, then a layer of thin pine tree branches with long needles, more mud, broad-leaved river reeds, more mud, and another layer of strong branches. I kept building it up and repairing it over the years.

I never told my parents about it, it was my get away when they were around because we didn't have the best relationship.

I have a better relationship with my parents now that I'm out of their house, having gone to college and gotten a job. So after I'd been together with my boyfriend Will for almost a year, and he wanted to meet them, I said OK.

We went to my parents house for a long weekend, and I think it was a bit of a culture shock. Will is from NYC originally, and the most "rural" place he's ever lived was a suburb of Boston. He's been camping, but mainly in organized campgrounds. So going and spending a couple days in rural Appalachia was something he's never done. So not having cell signal, or fast internet, was a lot. He asked what I even did around there, and I told him I'd show him, if he kept it a secret. I told him to put on clothes he didn't mind getting dirty, and we'd go to the woods. I took him to my favorite campsite, which was over a mile from the house, through some pretty thick forest. The shelter was still standing, the whole thing was in pretty good shape for having been left more or less alone for 4 years.

And he was honestly shocked by it. I'd meant it to be a surprise what we were going to see, but he was way more shocked than I expected. He just couldn't believe I'd built the whole thing alone, that I'd sleep there alone, that nobody else knew about it, etc. He asked me what I did there, and I told him that building and adding to it took a lot of time. On days where I just wanted to relax, I'd watch animals. You'd see a surprising amount of animals if you could sit still and quiet for a while. Sometimes I'd read books or do homework, or just play with the fire.

I told him again that nobody else knew about that place, and I wanted to keep it that way. (I didn't get into explaining why, but my main reason is that it had always been my private get away when I was going through difficult times, and needed peace. I wasn't embarrassed by it really, I just like the idea of having a refuge in nature.)

Anyway, a few weeks after Will and I went back to the city we live in now, we were hanging out with a bunch of his friends at a party. And one of his friends, Frank, called me "Bear MyLastName" as a nickname. I asked what was up with that, and he said "Like Bear Grylls, cause you like living off the land and poo poo"

I asked who'd told him that, and he said that Will had told him I'd built some hut in the woods with downed trees, and I'd sleep there and play with fire and watch animals. Honestly the way Frank described it made me sound like some kinda crazy hermit. I made some joke saying "You don't know the half of it; this beer bottle is actually full of piss.", because I didn't want to make a big deal of it, and a couple more of my boyfriend's friends joined the conversation, and it was obvious he'd told everyone about my campsite.

I told Will after the party that it bothered me that he'd told everyone about the campsite. He didn't get why; he asked if I was embarrassed, and I said it wasn't that. He said that it wasn't like any of his friends would ever find it, we live hours from my hometown. I tried to explain that I just liked having somewhere all for myself, and he just didn't get it. He still doesn't think he did anything wrong. I don't know if I'm overreacting or not. Should I try to get him to understand how he crossed a line, or just let it be?

TLDR - My boyfriend told his friends about my favorite campsite, which I'd asked him to keep secret.

Dude crossed a line. She should take him deep into the woods and leave him without water or shelter.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

therobit posted:

Dude crossed a line. She should take him deep into the woods and leave him without water or shelter.

I'd watch that horror movie. :munch:

I Know Who You Told About My Last Campsite

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

The bf is definitely in the wrong for breaking her trust, but I can feel for him, if I had a gf with a camp she built herself deep in the Appalachian wilderness I’d want to brag about it too. Kinda silly she doesn’t want people to even know it exists tbh.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Palemdromes posted:

The bf is definitely in the wrong for breaking her trust, but I can feel for him, if I had a gf with a camp she built herself deep in the Appalachian wilderness I’d want to brag about it too. Kinda silly she doesn’t want people to even know it exists tbh.

She wanted the privacy. :shrug:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

therobit posted:

What was that bit from one of the other posts? Take him up to Maine? Was that the code for murder?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Absurd Alhazred posted:

She wanted the privacy. :shrug:

They don’t know where it is!! It’s still private!

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Palemdromes posted:

the want is understandable, it's that when someone you presumably care about asks you to not do a very small thing you want to do, not doing it demonstrates that you care about them. but sacrifice (lol) has kinda fallen out of vogue :shrug:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Palemdromes posted:

They don’t know where it is!! It’s still private!

That isn't the point, man

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
What's the title referring to? I've skipped a few pages.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

zakharov posted:

another winner from Prudie

quote:

Q. Body image: My wife is well-endowed and skinny but is ashamed of her body. We’ve been married 30 years and now have an empty nest. I’m trying to spark a little fire and honestly I want to enjoy her body. I have bought her some low-cut shirts and dresses and have told her it would make me happy if she would occasionally wear them, like once in a while on a Friday night. She refuses to even try them on. She says she will buy her own clothing, but it has been about a year since I first asked her and she’s done nothing. It’s like having a fabulous bottle of wine put on the table every night and being told you can’t drink it. Thoughts? Ideas? Web sites?

quote:

A: Your wife’s body is not a bottle of wine; it’s her body. Her body is not a consumable good designed to be enjoyed by someone else and then filed away as a treasured memory—it’s what she lives in. She doesn’t want to wear the clothes you bought her. While there may be some people who enjoy being dressed up by their husband of 30 years, my guess is that she feels pressured and ignored by the outfits you got her and turned off by your repeated attempts to wear her down. You need to let it go. You’ve spent the last year trying to get what you want from her in your empty nest; I think you should knock it off and ask her what’s something she’d like to do. The answer may have nothing to do with sex or dressing up for you, and you should pay attention to whatever she says. It doesn’t sound like you’ve been listening very attentively in the past, and I encourage you to change that habit, lest you find your empty nest even emptier.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
[/quote]

:yikes:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I think that when someone confides in you or asks you to keep a secret, especially if it is your parter, you should keep your drat mouth shut unless someone would get hurt without you saying something. I know a lot of people don't see it that way, and maybe part of it is because I work with other people's money, but to me it is an issue of integrity and I could never stay with someone who I couldn't trust to keep my confidence.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

frankly she should consider how many way more serious occasions her boyfriend could've taken as the opportunity to show her he will just instantly violate any trust she places in him, and be grateful

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

frankly she should consider how many way more serious occasions her boyfriend could've taken as the opportunity to show her he will just instantly violate any trust she places in him, and be grateful

and :sever:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Exactly this. If that post were a movie the metaphor would seem heavy-handed.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What's the title referring to? I've skipped a few pages.

What if you had a bottle of wine, and the bottle of wine had a really just stunning set of knockers, and

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

why can people not just keep a loving secret. like, the more inconsequential the secret is, like his stupid excuse of "none of my friends will go there :downs:", who cares about the logic, that's such an easy secret to keep. no internal struggle or ethical quandary about that or w/e, just "am i a not lovely enough dude to not use this to score a laugh with my buds" god drat

Normally when someone tells you to keep a location secret, they mean don't tell anyone where it is. But apparently she didn't want anyone knowing that she had a campsite at all, which is a little hard to understand. Just a bit of miscommunication I think

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol the reddit comments are all "you should have told him in excruciating detail all about all of your childhood traumas, so that he understood what you meant when you said 'don't tell anyone' and might have taken it seriously"

QuarkJets posted:

Normally when someone tells you to keep a location secret, they mean don't tell anyone where it is. But apparently she didn't want anyone knowing that she had a campsite at all, which is a little hard to understand. Just a bit of miscommunication I think

when someone takes you out to a private place and tells you something personal and then says "don't tell anyone about this", and your takeaway from that is "blab freely about anything that just happened save for the GPS coordinates or maybe exact weather conditions right now", you are an rear end in a top hat who can't even be bothered to come up with a reasonable-sounding excuse for acting like an rear end in a top hat.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 6, 2018

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

QuarkJets posted:

If he literally just said that instead of "what, why's it a big deal?" then I might agree.

EDIT: I looked at the comments, he also told them where it was in relation to her parents's house. It isn't GPS coordinates, but he didn't even try not to tell where it was! And most of the comments are talking about well, that doesn't count as directions because it's not exact GPS coordinates and oh my god I dislike all these people so much.

quote:

I also did say that I didn't want him to tell anyone about what I was about to show him, before we went to the woods,so I don't know how that could have been unclear

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 6, 2018

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Having grown up with the wild, and secret beautiful places you only show to certain people, even if they are hard to get to and nobody is going to go there, yeah huge violation of trust.

It's like saying "Well I have this birthmark, and it's shaped like Connecticut, and it's right in the center of my left buttock." And then everyone knows you have a Connecticut-shaped birthmark but not precisely where.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

lol the reddit comments are all "you should have told him in excruciating detail all about all of your childhood traumas, so that he understood what you meant when you said 'don't tell anyone' and might have taken it seriously"

when someone takes you out to a private place and tells you something personal and then says "don't tell anyone about this", and your takeaway from that is "blab freely about anything that just happened save for the GPS coordinates or maybe exact weather conditions right now", you are an rear end in a top hat who can't even be bothered to come up with a reasonable-sounding excuse for acting like an rear end in a top hat.

:psyduck:

Pretty much everyone who lives in a rural place has a favorite spot to go chill out in the woods, so the idea that OP had one of those isn't particularly unusual. That's why it's much more likely that he just misunderstood the request and wasn't just being an rear end in a top hat and and ignoring it. Maybe you're the average goon who spends all of their time in someone's basement but to normal people who go camping "don't tell anyone about my secret campsite" translates as "don't tell anyone how to reach my secret campsite".

The post didn't say anything about him giving directions, just that she has a campsite somewhere. Seems like an honest misunderstanding but she has the right to feel how she's going to feel and he needs to apologize for it; that sucks to have those feelings of betrayal and whether they're caused intentionally doesn't really matter

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

QuarkJets posted:

:psyduck:

Pretty much everyone who lives in a rural place has a favorite spot to go chill out in the woods, so the idea that OP had one of those isn't particularly unusual. That's why it's much more likely that he just misunderstood the request and wasn't just being an rear end in a top hat and and ignoring it. Maybe you're the average goon who spends all of their time in someone's basement but to normal people who go camping "don't tell anyone about my secret campsite" translates as "don't tell anyone how to reach my secret campsite".

The post didn't say anything about him giving directions, just that she has a campsite somewhere. Seems like an honest misunderstanding but she has the right to feel how she's going to feel and he needs to apologize for it; that sucks to have those feelings of betrayal and whether they're caused intentionally doesn't really matter

quote:

He did tell people a about the location of the place, saying it was in the woods by my parents house, up the river. He didn't give an address or anything, but that's would be enough for someone who really wanted to find it, to be able to. (I don't figure anyone will try, realistically. It's just the principle of the thing I guess)

I also did say that I didn't want him to tell anyone about what I was about to show him, before we went to the woods,so I don't know how that could have been unclear

She posted a clarification.

Also, he wasn't a guy who goes camping ever, he is one of those basement goons you're apparently mad at. She pointed that out in the first post. He acted like this was an utterly alien concept.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dannywilson posted:

Having grown up with the wild, and secret beautiful places you only show to certain people, even if they are hard to get to and nobody is going to go there, yeah huge violation of trust.

It's like saying "Well I have this birthmark, and it's shaped like Connecticut, and it's right in the center of my left buttock." And then everyone knows you have a Connecticut-shaped birthmark but not precisely where.
Wanna see the Connectibutt. For science.

And to blab about it to all my friends.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Beekeeping and You posted:

(CO) My autistic brother was banned from the local hobby shop. Is this legal? (self.legaladvice)

So my brother suffers from high functioning autism so he has a hard time socializing. One place he loves to go to is a local hobby shop. Me and my brother are regulars there and have spent thousands of dollars over the years. This last week however my brother was banned from the shop. A girl who also goes there claims my brother tried to kiss her and when she refused he groped her. I tried to talk with the owner and he knows my brother is autistic but he refuses to unban him. He said that he cant allow him in because he's a threat to his female customers. I think this is crap, I talked to my brother about this and he understands he did a wrong thing but he cant understand why he was banned so he's been very depressed this past week and wants to go back to the store.

Is there anything I can do? Is this discrimination because he banned my brother due to his autisim? My parents are planning on getting a lawyer and suing the owner, will this fix the issue?

edit: My lunch is over and I need to go to class. Thanks for helping me see i was wrong. I'm gonna talk to my parents and stop them from suing. I'm gonna go to the owner after school and apologize for bothering them and how i acted because of this.

at least this one has a kind of happy ending. would be better without the groping at all, but its good compared to the rest of the thread

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Midnight Voyager posted:

She posted a clarification.

Also, he wasn't a guy who goes camping ever, he is one of those basement goons you're apparently mad at. She pointed that out in the first post. He acted like this was an utterly alien concept.

I'm sorry, am I coming across as mad? Please let me clarify that I have no emotional stake in this at all and am pointing out that the boyfriend probably just misunderstood what she was asking.

She said in her post that he goes camping. Not "let's hike out to the middle of nowhere" camping, but he's not some basement-dweller and is probably familiar with the concept of the doutdoors being a huge place and that people will have favorite spots that they don't want other people knowing about. It's a normal and easy-to-understand concept that most people encounter in their lifetime unless they literally never leave the city. In that context it's commonly understood that it's the location being kept secret, not the existence of the location.

e: Telling people "oh it's somewhere near her parents house" I guess borders on directions but I think that's kind of grasping at straws and is beside the point. She felt betrayal that he told people about the existence of this place when she asked him not to, misunderstanding or no. He should apologize

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 6, 2018

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
then why did he tell everyone directions to the location

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

then why did he tell everyone directions to the location

"Somewhere near her parents house" aren't really directions, but if you want to call them that then that's fine because the OP apparently doesn't care about that anyway. She's upset because he told people about her special place, not because he give directions to them

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
She said she would explain what she did ~out there~ and took him out on the condition he never told anyone about it.
A few weeks later she is being called Bear Grylls by his mates and everyone is having a laugh.

Dudes an rear end in a top hat.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
But precisely how dead is the horse? I need to know to 13 decimal places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Breetai posted:

But precisely how dead is the horse? I need to know to 13 decimal places.

Multiple page derails of goons arguing about tedious bullshit and projecting their own relationship insecurities is all this thread has.

e:
Coworker gave me an edible and it took me to the emergency room.

quote:

So i'll try to keep this as short as possible. I've always wanted to try pot and I have a coworker who works part time at a dispensary and he said he would bring me some marijuana to try sometime. I live in California so I know it's legal but I don't go to the dispensary because my wife thinks weed is terrible for you and she doesn't want me using it. My coworker came in to work today with some brownies he had made at home and offered me one. I ask him if there's any weed in them and he says "no". I grab one and begin to pounded it down with my coffee except I notice it tastes a bit funny. I ask about the flavor and he says "Its made from all organic, different than typical brownies" and laughs it off. Being the dumb rear end that I am I shrug it off and continue through my workday. 30 minutes go by and my heart rate just spikes randomly and I start sweating bullets. I start to breath manually and I freak the gently caress out. I have no idea what's going on and I end up asking my boss to call an ambulance.

I end up getting picked up and taken to the hospital and the paramedics are asking me questions on how i'm feeling, if I took anything, etc. I tell them I didn't take anything and they tell me I was having an anxiety attack. I get to the hospital and my coworker texts me saying he put marijuana in the brownies and thought it would be funny to see me high at work. I tell paramedic I ingested a marijuana infused brownie and he tells me to just stay hydrated and relax. I feel like poo poo and i'm stuck in a hospital right now and i'm beyond pissed off. I dont know what to do and how to bring this up to my boss or if I should pursue a lawyer. Please help!

Edit: He is now telling me I can't tell my boss or HR because I'd get fired for using marijuana on the job.

UPDATE: Police report has been filed! I reached out to my boss and he has since then asked my coworker to not come in tomorrow. A meeting is being set up tomorrow with my boss and HR.

Edit: People are pming me telling me I'm a dickhead for reporting him. Lol wtf.

Xik fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 6, 2018