Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

:five:

Inshallah.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mahoning posted:

John McCain voting in 2016:

John McCain voting in 2018:

holy loving poo poo :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I voted two weeks ago, hopefully my vote goes towards Kyrsten Sinema's win.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaLeKw8SSnk

Edit, etc., sniffing glue, et al.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Posting this in the thread I meant to:

I can't help but feel good about this one, even given 2016.

I don't feel like we're ignoring warning signs like we were then - if anything, all the warning signs seem to be leaning towards a miss in the RIGHT direction. There has been no real October/November surprise. This is, mostly, the same house election as it was in 2016 - but this time, we're determined to win it, when last time the common knowledge was "no way do the Democrats win the house".

I really wish I could transport the 2018 electorate back to 2016.

an owls casket
Jun 4, 2001

Pillbug
2016: I took Election Day off from work, and spent a good portion of it playing through the new DOOM, never suspecting that I was about to enter a very real hellworld. My wife and I had a couple friends over, and were planning to drink the fancy cocktails I had made while we watched Trump eat poo poo and go down in flames. We had done something pretty similar back in 2012, and it was fun, but things ended up being distinctly not fun that night. The four of us just kept getting quieter and sadder, and after our friends left and my wife fell asleep, I sat in bed, reading these forums and hoping that there was something that someone had missed that would fix things.

God willing, tomorrow is gonna be a better day than that ended up being.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

Posting this in the thread I meant to:

I can't help but feel good about this one, even given 2016.

I don't feel like we're ignoring warning signs like we were then - if anything, all the warning signs seem to be leaning towards a miss in the RIGHT direction. There has been no real October/November surprise. This is, mostly, the same house election as it was in 2016 - but this time, we're determined to win it, when last time the common knowledge was "no way do the Democrats win the house".

I really wish I could transport the 2018 electorate back to 2016.

:agreed: Plus, fairly or unfairly, there's no one person on the ballot for the GOP to focus their hate upon like there was in 2016. I'm feeling moderately optimistic myself.

e: \/\/\/lol, I get that\/\/\/

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Majorian posted:

I'd be really surprised if John Lovitz didn't have multiple ongoing substance abuse problems.

He would never disrespect the memory of Phil Hartman like that, or give Andy Dick the satisfaction.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Save this one for 2020.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

enraged_camel posted:

we already know what needs to be done

Anytime I see this I can't help myself and watch it loop several times.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Mahoning posted:

John McCain voting in 2016:

John McCain voting in 2018:

:perfect:

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that
Hey uh if the chuds keep the house, at least we can rest assured they're miserable even when they win. They may kill us all but at least they'll never derive pleasure from it.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

If poo poo goes sideways again, I'm firing the doom laser from the moon powered by the Chaos Emeralds :chaostrump:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
last post for a while, but i want to live in a time line where the FBI leaks Rush's pedo sex files.

And bust that fat sack of poo poo loving druggie.

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Around this time in 2016, I was at a Clinton rally. We waited in line for about 2 hours and were the last people who made it through the doors, then it took another hour and a half for things to get started. I was with a friend, her daughter, and another teenager. Those girls had just turned 18 and they were so excited by the thought that their first vote might be for the first female president. That crowd kept their energy up through the whole wait. Everyone was singing along with the music or breaking out into chants or just starting excited conversations with whoever was nearby. They had volunteers around the entire time making sure folks knew their polling places, where to call or text for any election-day issues, and they were even still taking sign-ups for last-minute canvassing shifts. State candidates came out to talk to us, Lady Gaga played a few songs, and then Hillary did her speech. Between the late start of the rally and the traffic getting out of there, I didn't make it home until almost 2 am.

The next day I did some phone banking and went over to that same friend's house to watch the returns. She'd been planning a big party, but she called it off because she'd picked up a bit of a cold. We still had all the party stuff she'd put together though, cupcakes and streamers and a big map to color in on the wall. Watching her daughter slowly deflate over the course of the evening was the hardest part. She kept asking us about all these scenarios that might turn things around. I went home and drank whiskey straight from the bottle and purged my Facebook account of CHUDs and also all those dudes (and the ones I knew personally were all dudes) who started pushing Jill Stein after Bernie dropped out.

My friend's daughter is now a 20-year-old who volunteered for Dem candidates near her out-of-state school but kept her voter registration active here because we're more of a battleground. She texted her mom a photo of her dropping off her absentee ballot a couple of weeks back.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beautiful. And yea, I'd definitely say it applies moreso for the (hopefully) upcoming 2016/2020 meme.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://twitter.com/TexasMonthly/status/1059681434435289088

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

I'm extremely lucky in that my polling place is only two blocks away, within walking distance. Gonna head on over and take a long lunch break, vote, and get absolutely 0 work done all day

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Tayter Swift posted:

They never caught this hero, did they

It really is amazing how well that moment completely wrecked his pull

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

It's not voter suppression, it's just Trump deploying thousands of military personnel to the site of a close senate race to conduct intimidating exercises between a Latino community and their polling place. Totally understandable why it has to be on Nov 6th and not any other day.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My new house is across the street from my polling place. Gonna own to walk 300 feet to vote with my morning coffee.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tacier posted:

It's not voter suppression, it's just Trump deploying thousands of paramilitary personnel to the site of a close senate race to conduct intimidating exercises between a Latino community and their polling place. Totally understandable why it has to be on Nov 6th and not any other day.

FTFY. It's a bunch of Border Patrol agents dressed up as soldiers because the military already said no to this poo poo.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Tacier posted:

It's not voter suppression, it's just Trump deploying thousands of military personnel to the site of a close senate race to conduct intimidating exercises between a Latino community and their polling place. Totally understandable why it has to be on Nov 6th and not any other day.

WELL OBAMA JADE HELMED 'EM

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Me voting in 2016:

Me voting in 2018:

[loving imgur always choking and dying.]

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

One last meme.

https://mobile.twitter.com/s_mayta/status/1059685595864317952

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

From pages back (like I normally do around this time)...

Ague Proof posted:

Scott Presler will be a pro-follow if all goes well.

Don't follow him, just toss him on a list so you can see his tweets without inflating his numbers.

Also, I saw that picture of Tance right as my long-haired blonde son walked by and said "oh look, it's Republican Rayce" because the running joke in my family is to find different people who resemble my son and name them "Soccer Mom Rayce" or other dumb poo poo parents can get away with.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Tomorrow dog tax should be replaced with map tax. Everyone has to post a map!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
Grimey Drawer

Heading off to vote with some tucked tacticals, (just in cheeks).

(Thieved from the cute thread, as always),

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

I hope we get lots of footage of people walking right past these clowns like they're nothing.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Petr posted:

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

: EFB!!! VOTE

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

God, I wanna watch this again, but I think it would be ruined by knowing that Garibaldi's actor was a total chud.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
I decided to kill it

it dead

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Petr posted:

Do I win yet?

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Petr posted:

God, I wanna watch this again, but I think it would be ruined by knowing that Garibaldi's actor was a total chud.

If you get Comet TV, it should be free over the air, Babylon 5 is on twice a day right after Stargate SG-1

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Otteration posted:

Do I win yet?

I tap an America and three Africas and cast fireball

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1059668878526201861

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

winterwerefox posted:

If you get Comet TV, it should be free over the air, Babylon 5 is on twice a day right after Stargate SG-1

It's free for me with Amazon Prime. But Garibaldi :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

oh man i totally forgot in and out supports nazis

i haven't eaten there since like... 2015, but i still wish i hadnt

it's not even that good

• Locked thread