Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I've taken Wednesday off work so I can get good and drunk, no matter the outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I've taken Wednesday off work so I can get good and drunk, no matter the outcome.

Same.

Got plenty of beer with Drano on standby in case things go awry

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The Glumslinger posted:

So here is what the Dems are saying they'll do if they win the House

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/democrats-2018-midterms-policy_us_5bda0810e4b019a7ab59e44e

Of course, they'll squabble like crazy and struggle get any of this passed in the House, where it'll be DOA in a Republican Senate

I don't care if stuff will be DOA in the Senate. Make 'em vote or at least make them actively and publicly refuse to vote.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

thanks

Ojeda!~

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

:cheers:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/PoliticsReid/status/1059639415256047617

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

never voted being that high is a good sign

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

drat, now I want a stromboli

anybody from the Tampa area know a spot?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

never voted being that high is a good sign

i need 3 more percent from 18-29 in that race.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/FOX10Phoenix/status/1059643253266427904

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

They may not be but my body sure as gently caress is

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Let's put all this on hold and figure this out

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

same, i'm prepped to vote early and often against my liver tomorrow whatever the night's outcome may be

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

when peoples ability to peacefully determine how they are governed via election is removed only non peaceful options remain

I hope maricopa county shaved its pussy because its going to meet the loving devil tomorrow night if its election infrastructure collapses

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

just burn it all down

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1059615646256783360?s=21

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

problem is that youth are such small number of voters to begin with chance are olds are increasing more than youth in absolute terms lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
[trying really hard to get millennials to go to the polls] a rising tide pod lifts all votes

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Typo posted:

problem is that youth are such small number of voters to begin with chance are olds are increasing more than youth in absolute terms lol
can't find the numbers on the olds, but 18-29 went from sub-13,000 in 2014 to 98,000 this year, which is encouraging for the future if nothing else:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/tn-elections/2018/11/05/tennessee-election-early-voting-young-increase/1890446002/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

(hillary trying to get kids to vote for her in a year and a half) diablo mobile to the polls

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Typo posted:

Youth vote is so strongly left relative to the overall overall vote that you don't need huge numbers to move the needle. If the youth vote moves form an abysmal 5% to a seemingly weak 8% that's about two points of movement right there that probably aren't baked into the polls.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
nyt: my god, every major broadcaster has pulled trump's ad. most of them have outright said it's racist. maybe.. maybe we can go beyond 'racially-tinged'. maybe we too can finally say the president is raci-

editors: my god, have you given in to ideological extremism? who are we mere mortals to determine what is racist and what is not? behold, the perfect unbiased compromise:

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
has trump won yet

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1059668878526201861

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

Typo posted:

The extra sad part is that people 35 and under make up the majority of eligible voters this year. But we turnout in such low numbers, even this year, that the olds still get to gently caress everything up.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Water Resistant posted:

The extra sad part is that people 35 and under make up the majority of eligible voters this year. But we turnout in such low numbers, even this year, that the olds still get to gently caress everything up.

hell yeah i'm not in this group anymore get hosed youngailures

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Weirdly, all the polling stations they can't set up are in the Hispanic parts of the county. The wealthy white suburb stations were online last week.

No we can't move those.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I mean if nothing else I’ll be happy if the Dems won the house and then beings two years of trump being impeached and then shot down in the senate every week until 2020

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

IT'S HERE

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
You can unclench your fists and jaw in about 14 to 15 hours

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
Well, my polling station had the person with the key to unlock everything no-show and when someone finally made it there to handle it they can't get the machine to work.

Good start I guess.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Water Resistant posted:

On the other hand maybe people will use this opportunity to see that if you give young people a reason to actually care they will go out and vote.

Or just keep waving them off as irrelevant I guess.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:derp:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

twoday posted:

You can unclench your fists and jaw in about 14 to 15 hours

buddy
there is no part of me that isnt clenched
and I will stay clenched until I die

Then Reclench when I go into Rigor mortis

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Shear Modulus posted:

cant believe its two days until the 2020 presidential primary officially starts

https://politics.theonion.com/nation-begs-for-midterms-to-be-pushed-back-to-delay-sta-1830230678

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Just got back from putting my votes in

I saw way more people voting there today than at the same time in 2016 and 2017.

Hannot
Nov 29, 2007
Grimey Drawer

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Just got back from putting my votes in

I saw way more people voting there today than at the same time in 2016 and 2017.

In Michigan, like 5x the people I normally see. Took me maybe 10 minutes at the same time in 2016, 30 this time. Anecdotes, bitch.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
gently caress a Republican, go a anyone that isn't running as a Republican. God bless.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Rigged Death Trap posted:

buddy
there is no part of me that isnt clenched
and I will stay clenched until I die

Then Reclench when I go into Rigor mortis

I heard there is a moment of unclenching before the rigor mortis, like violent unclenching. If sit-coms are to be believed.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I assume this is the Gameday thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1059788813093011456