Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I voted by mail already ( :ca: ) so I plan on hiding all day until it's over.

See y'all on the other side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

Meh it’s not like one vote makes a difference anyway.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/01/04/drawing-today-decide-virginia-state-house-race-majority-party/1002910001/

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

When are we expecting results by the way?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

In some cases it may take several days for the results to be announced (and Georgia may go to a runoff for the governorship), but we should know by late Tuesday night/early Wednesday in the vast majority of races.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm wishing you all luck for your stupid elections. Perhaps there's a miracle and Democrats take both the House and the Senate :pray:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Inshallah we shall commence 1000 years of liberal darkness

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I think this or 2020 is our real last chance to save us

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Duzzy Funlop posted:

When are we expecting results by the way?

6-7 eastern time is when the first polls close, and they'll start announcing the obvious results from exit polls. The last states will be done voting by 11 eastern, but any close races might take a few hours or days to call.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Looking forward to the start of Season 3 of Our Long National Nightmare.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1059611423599480832

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Dawn of the final day

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I already know I made a mistake by not taking tomorrow off. Gonna be a zombie at work.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

mlmp08 posted:

I already know I made a mistake by not taking tomorrow off. Gonna be a zombie at work.

I originally had tomorrow off but had a job opportunity come up, and I'm greedy for money so I said yes.

I'll end up regretting it, I'm sure. I don't think I can get to sleep tonight regardless of outcome.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I took the day after off in 2016 and hoo boy, that was a wise move.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Dawn of the final day

It is the final day.

FOR VOTER FRAUD! Big Strong Daddy and the Keebler Klansman are cracking down on those who would illegally threaten the GOP majority the sanctity of our beloved vote.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...8762_story.html

I am assured that this will not be used to suppress or intimidate people of color from voting.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Anyone wanna start a betting pool? DVA or ASPCA donation on the race of your choice.

hot sorcery
Apr 11, 2009

if you have the day off and want to spend it doing something productive, get involved in a local Get Out The Vote campaign! i’ll be doing so for Ocasio, mostly bc Crowley is still on the ballot, and people are actively flyering and canvassing for him, but also bc it is rewarding work. voting is good, but voting isn’t enough, people!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Happy election day America

Your northern pot having friends are rooting for you

Make strong daddy trump vent on twitter so hard his diaper needs changing.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Congrats NY for being a huge state with zero early voting whatsoever and longass lines!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Congrats NY for being a huge state with zero early voting whatsoever and longass lines!

This is why I'm still registered in NJ, though I do actually live in a local district that could be turned so I should probably re-register.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I did my part this morning and wrote in Cynthia Nixon.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/mattwilstein/status/1059813575739523073?s=21

Lol

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
vote you fuckers

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Got to the line at my polling place in Charleston, SC at 6:45 this morning, and still waited an hour to vote. The line was even longer when I walked out. SC has early voting as well, so this turnout seems huge.

Judging by the ads Katie Arrington (R) has been putting out, she seems scared for what should be a pretty safe republican seat. Especially for someone who defeated Mark Sanford in the primaries. I think 538 has her challenger Joe Cunningham with a 1 in 6 chance of winning, but with this sort of turnout, who knows?

It’s South Carolina. Everyone knows what’s going to happen

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
A dumb person: Huge lines mean great civic engagement!

A less dumb person: Huge lines are a sign that the state has insufficiently enabled the people to exercise their right to vote.

The dumbest person: I'm going to MAKE A STATEMENT by not voting!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

pkells posted:

It’s South Carolina. Everyone knows what’s going to happen

RIP Fort Sumter

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I've never voted in an American election and this time won't be different

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

The one great thing about voting while being stationed overseas is that I don't have to see those god-awful political ads and just simply e-mail my ballot back to the Board of Elections.

Also, thank god for google because holy poo poo the wording and context on the NC state constitutional amendments are poo poo.

Edit: Also no point in taking the next day off like in 2016 as all the action will be happening while I'm asleep.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Nov 6, 2018

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Out of town for a work trip (voted absentee already), and I'm gonna hit the gym to try and stay away from booze tonight.

Ugh.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BadOptics posted:

The one great thing about voting while being stationed overseas is that I don't have to see those god-awful political ads and just simply e-mail my ballot back to the Board of Elections.

Also, thank god for google because holy poo poo the wording and context on the NC state constitutional amendments are poo poo.

Edit: Also no point in taking the next day off like in 2016 as all the action will be happening while I'm asleep.
I found being stuck out in the middle of nowhere and watching Two Scoops destroy the country from afar was incredibly stressful.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just kinda glazed over the ballot and checked off 'YES' as soon as I saw the words 'should a tax be levied' or similar language. It's going to drive my uncle insane because he's at the edge of Fairfax County so my votes are going to cost him a penny shaving. Can't wait for Thanksgiving to tell him that yes, of course I voted for tax increases.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I live in MA so on one hand I've never seen these lines you guys always talk about (wtf is wrong with your states) on the other hand the only thing motivating me to vote is so I don't have to say I didn't.

If it's not a democratic primary it's pretty much a formality in this state.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
i voted absentee ballot but my residence is in California so it meant precisely zilch for the senate races.

But even in deep blue states it can matter for ballot initiatives and downballot elected officials.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Jarmak posted:

I live in MA so on one hand I've never seen these lines you guys always talk about (wtf is wrong with your states)

it's voter suppression, op

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Voted over a week ago. Early voting without cause is good. The Voter ID is bs though.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jarmak posted:

I live in MA so on one hand I've never seen these lines you guys always talk about (wtf is wrong with your states) on the other hand the only thing motivating me to vote is so I don't have to say I didn't.

If it's not a democratic primary it's pretty much a formality in this state.

Except you let a Romney or Baker through and subject them onto the rest of the country.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

already voted via ballot approx 2 weeks ago. Apparently Oregon is a +-5 point race between our previous democratic governor kate brown or some republican named knute buehler. Would be the first time in roughly ~40 years that a republican would be elected governor in this state.

Kinda nervous not gonna lie.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This kids are alright

https://twitter.com/mckaycoppins/status/1059835249776058368?s=19

NO WAIT gently caress THOSE DEMOCRACY-HATING SHITTERS

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

That Works posted:

Except you let a Romney or Baker through and subject them onto the rest of the country.

I like Baker :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

That Works posted:

MA always seems to have Republican governors. I think the only exception since the 80’s was Deval Patrick.

From what I remember of Romney when I still lived up there, he was pretty good. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the healthcare plan he instituted in MA the framework for what later became the ACA nationwide?