Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

polls close in (most of) Indiana and (half of) Kentucky at 6 Eastern so that's when you should start drinking.

imagine not being already wasted at this very moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

imagine not being already wasted at this very moment

As a teetotaller,

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Love Stole the Day posted:

You know I love you but counterpoint: Nixon said that if you control the budget you control the government. The Chairman of the Budget Committee has more influence on the budget than anybody else in the entire government.

So imo it toally does make a difference who has that particular committee gavel.

Sanders doesn't have political power with the Democrats and that's the issue.

I like Sanders personally, I like Warren as well! But these are individual Senators that have gently caress all control when the leaders of the actual party rat gently caress them at every chance they get. You also miss the fact that when the Dems take the house Pelosi has said her first act is passing pay-go. Which effectively means Sanders is crippled before it even starts.

The leadership is the problem, and the leadership is specifically a problem of the Democrats having NY and CA. Sadly giving up NY and CA and thus getting better leadership means the party gets wiped out. So "lovely Democrats being lovely" is sort of baked into the system for the future. When Schumers final act before the elections is rushing through judges and Pelosi has flat out stated she's going to pay-go cripple any progressive agenda before it can get to the senate (keep in mind, these are two people who claim up and down that the middle class they are defending are 200k-2million urbanites who fought to keep their Bush enacted tax cuts on the books cause LOL rent in NYC am I right creative professionals) having Sanders wield the budget gavel is a show for fools and worth as much as mouse turds in dry cereal.

Also we should play games again! I am done with the three months of work hell, and got a spiffy ultrawide gsync monitor because reasons.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MysteriousStranger posted:

Sanders doesn't have political power with the Democrats and that's the issue.

I like Sanders personally, I like Warren as well! But these are individual Senators that have gently caress all control when the leaders of the actual party rat gently caress them at every chance they get. You also miss the fact that when the Dems take the house Pelosi has said her first act is passing pay-go. Which effectively means Sanders is crippled before it even starts.

The leadership is the problem, and the leadership is specifically a problem of the Democrats having NY and CA. Sadly giving up NY and CA and thus getting better leadership means the party gets wiped out. So "lovely Democrats being lovely" is sort of baked into the system for the future. When Schumers final act before the elections is rushing through judges and Pelosi has flat out stated she's going to pay-go cripple any progressive agenda before it can get to the senate (keep in mind, these are two people who claim up and down that the middle class they are defending are 200k-2million urbanites who fought to keep their Bush enacted tax cuts on the books cause LOL rent in NYC am I right creative professionals) having Sanders wield the budget gavel is a show for fools and worth as much as mouse turds in dry cereal.

Also we should play games again! I am done with the three months of work hell, and got a spiffy ultrawide gsync monitor because reasons.

Also Shumer said they'd go back to 60 votes for judicial nominees, so good luck to the Democrat who may win in 2020, you'll never get to stuff the court the way Trump has.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009
Early numbers coming in from east coast polling districts showing expectation of Trmpo to win presidency

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
big data science guru genius here, been crunching the latest poll numbers over the last few hours using some advanced big data/machine learning ALGORITHMS, and i can now confirm the red wave is REAL and HUGE!!

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

This isn’t accurate for Washington state, we’re mail-in only. Our “closing” time will probably be whenever the cutoff is for same-day postmarking, probably 5 or 6 PM PST.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

PostNouveau posted:

Also Shumer said they'd go back to 60 votes for judicial nominees, so good luck to the Democrat who may win in 2020, you'll never get to stuff the court the way Trump has.

Aren't the Democrats the ones who changed that rule to 51 votes in the first place right before they lost the Senate last time?

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

PostNouveau posted:

Well yeah, Dem's gonna Dem.

At this point we are just hoping the left gets radicalized enough that maybe three generations from now poo poo won't suck, but we're hosed.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mrs. Dash posted:

Early numbers coming in from east coast polling districts showing expectation of Trmpo to win presidency

*touches finger to ear, listening intently*

I'm receiving word that we have all died, and that this can only be Hell.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Aren't the Democrats the ones who changed that rule to 51 votes in the first place right before they lost the Senate last time?

Yes

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

This isn’t accurate for Washington state, we’re mail-in only. Our “closing” time will probably be whenever the cutoff is for same-day postmarking, probably 5 or 6 PM PST.

There are also ballot dropoff boxes, the limit for those is 8, which matches up with the map.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Reid changed it for (I think) Cabinet nominees, but McConnell changed it for Supreme Court justices when the first vote to confirm Gorsuch failed.

Basically the majority can change it whenever so if it's at 60 votes from 2018-2020 that's an unambiguously good thing unless you think Trump should be allowed to nominate anyone ever again.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

are the milk drinkers shook yet

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

why they tryna ruin milk, i enjoy milk

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I want this motherfucker to win big time

https://twitter.com/IronStache/status/1059836777152872449

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

docbeard posted:

Reid changed it for (I think) Cabinet nominees, but McConnell changed it for Supreme Court justices when the first vote to confirm Gorsuch failed.

Basically the majority can change it whenever so if it's at 60 votes from 2018-2020 that's an unambiguously good thing unless you think Trump should be allowed to nominate anyone ever again.

If Shumer is majority leader, that rule won't matter anyway (except that Shumer won't be able to help himself and will cut bipartisan deals for judges in exchange for a cotton candy maker in the Senate cafeteria).

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
What was voter turnout like 50 years ago?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Radirot posted:

69,420 votes cast nationwide

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Radirot posted:

50 years and 1 day ago Richard Nixon was elected

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Just voted for all Dems in rural north Texas, including a handful who don't seem to be aware of what the job they're running for is. It won't matter anyway.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Radirot posted:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

are the milk drinkers shook yet

shakin ur milk is a bad way to mix it, always gently stir like it’s gin

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

voted weeks ago sitting quietly waiting another week+ for wa state results while the country burns

:coffeepal:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

aoc/ironstache 2024

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
I miss Christopher Hitchens,
I miss Oliver Sacks,
I miss poor Robin Williams,
And I miss Sylvia Plath.

Every morning's a desert,
And every night is a flood.
They say that parties can kill you.
Well, sometimes I wish they would.

And it's a little uncanny
What they all managed to do:
Got me believing in things I knew were never true.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

oh sup

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

#the reagan others?????

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
So is there a Discord we should use when the Forums die from too many posts?

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Radirot posted:

https://www.fairvote.org/voter_turnout

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

A good post from DnD:

Bullfrog posted:

Voted. And I saw a guy in a Scott Walker hat who forgot his ID.

Top 10 anime betrayals

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

So is there a Discord we should use when the Forums die from too many posts?

ya, you open ur window & poke ur head out & cry: "I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

juche avocado posted:

#the reagan others?????

Given the RRHS on the sign, gonna assume they are students at Ronald Reagan High School

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Peanut President posted:

As a teetotaller,

you choose to inhale massive amounts of drugs?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
yeah I think I'm suffering from some minor anxiety disorders at this time

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Voting trip report: I did the thing.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Azathoth posted:

Given the RRHS on the sign, gonna assume they are students at Ronald Reagan High School

my brain noticed that but refused to put 2&2 together. ty

christ Almighty

the national board of naming public facilities after Ronald Reagan, noted public facilities booster

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

crazy cloud posted:

I cucked out and actually voted :/

did you write in basta

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

I miss Christopher Hitchens,
I miss Oliver Sacks,
I miss poor Robin Williams,
And I miss Sylvia Plath.

Every morning's a desert,
And every night is a flood.
They say that parties can kill you.
Well, sometimes I wish they would.

And it's a little uncanny
What they all managed to do:
Got me believing in things I knew were never true.

Oh man Chris Hitchens was nasty loving drunk and hilarious to run into in Dupont Circle still lit of his rear end at 8am on a work day. That man took alcoholism to a whole new level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018
I'm taking 2 hours of train rides to go vote in my hometown because I'm a moron