Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

super Mario rpg is really cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

big fail for not having played those games until now

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I absolutely played Superstar before, dad. I'll take the L on SMRPG though, and only hope I can make up for lost time.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My older brother has games OCD and grinded to like level 15 in the very first area of SMRPG and was furious when I copied his save file and beat the game before him

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

NienNunb posted:

Super Mario RPG is so unbelievably charming. I only break out the SNES Classic once every month or two but I might need to finally play this to completion.

Oh man you gotta beat it. Its so friggin good

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Also lost an hour earlier today to Super Metroid, which was apparently stupid on my part because Hollow Knight exists.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

NienNunb posted:

Also lost an hour earlier today to Super Metroid, which was apparently stupid on my part because Hollow Knight exists.

. . .

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

NienNunb posted:

let’s be nice in the Nintendo thread, this is a family friendly place.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

My farm is now mostly strawberry bushes and I am going to date Maru.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nostradingus posted:

My farm is now mostly strawberry bushes and I am going to date Maru.

I love seeing people's farm layouts, if you're confident enough to share. Unless you wanna wait a year or two to really fine tune it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I wanna play Stardew again, I haven't played it since the latest update. Wanna try doing a no animal farm or something, because I always wind up with 24 pigs instead of crops after a while.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

I've never finished the first 2 years in stardew because i keep starting over to try out different poo poo

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I had a hard time getting into stardew but the farming urges come up once in a while and I am sure I’ll try it again. I tried growing a lot of flowers for aesthetic purposes and they are not worth much...

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think im gonna start a new farm one more time and try to stick it out this time

what's everyone's favorite farm map? thinking of trying hilltop but worried it might be too claustrophobic for good farming

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i start out playing stardew very chill but quickly spiral into some workaholic poo poo where i must maximize output per hour every day. now ive put it away for a few weeks and im too anxious to start playing again because i dont remember what daily tasks i need to do and what goals i was working towards. which is a good thing i guess because it reminds me to start chilling again and not worry about getting something ready for an event or the community center

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

i think im gonna start a new farm one more time and try to stick it out this time

what's everyone's favorite farm map? thinking of trying hilltop but worried it might be too claustrophobic for good farming

i'm playing with the river setup because i love it visually, all the islands like a tiny archipelago, and also figured that less land meant that i could just not end up with an insane amount of plots everywhere to take care of

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Bolverkur posted:

i start out playing stardew very chill but quickly spiral into some workaholic poo poo where i must maximize output per hour every day. now ive put it away for a few weeks and im too anxious to start playing again because i dont remember what daily tasks i need to do and what goals i was working towards. which is a good thing i guess because it reminds me to start chilling again and not worry about getting something ready for an event or the community center

This is what's happened to me twice as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

I like river, although I've only ever played on two (river and forest). I think gameplay wise forest is best bc you get 8 hardwood spawns a day or something, it's super useful.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I like the default farm cos it offers the most free customization. I'm still slowly working on my 2nd farm, I think I'm in year 2 fall now. My kegs/casks are laid out much better this time around. You can respec now if that was a thing anyone worried about. There's also a bunch of new events they added in the last patch with new fish and stuff.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Default farm is nice from a layout standpoint but it's ugly as sin and doesn't offer any forageables. I'm a big fan of the forest farm.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't think switch has the multiplayer patch yet if that was the last one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tales of Woe posted:

i don't think switch has the multiplayer patch yet if that was the last one

I believe it's still PC only, since the console cert process is pretty long.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I actually neglected the farming when I last played because I loved fishing so much.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

American McGay posted:

Default farm is nice from a layout standpoint but it's ugly as sin and doesn't offer any forageables. I'm a big fan of the forest farm.

forest farm is best farm

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Quality programming

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I want Isaac in smash but I mean the naked crying baby from the newgrounds game

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

In Training posted:

I love seeing people's farm layouts, if you're confident enough to share. Unless you wanna wait a year or two to really fine tune it.

I'm not happy with how it looks right now. Not enough money for aesthetic stuff yet. I'll share in a year or so.

I picked the river map and I like all the little islands. Gonna cover the big island in fruit trees and make an orchard isle

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
What's the best Kirby game on the 3ds

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Robobot

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

and super star if you have a new 3ds

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's still Kirby's Adventure.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Thank you

absolutely anything posted:

I had no idea this was remade for the 3ds

I have an n3ds but I wonder why it requires the better cpu

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Thank you

I had no idea this was remade for the 3ds

I have an n3ds but I wonder why it requires the better cpu

Super Star wasn’t remade for the 3DS, it’s just that the N3DS can play SNES VC games.

Although both 2DS and 3DS can play the DS Super Star Ultra

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Super Star wasn’t remade for the 3DS, it’s just that the N3DS can play SNES VC games.

Although both 2DS and 3DS can play the DS Super Star Ultra

Ah thanks for clearing it up. Yeah playing snes games on my n3ds xl in pixel perfect mode is my preferred way to play snes games these days. It just looks so...perfect

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

absolutely anything posted:

I don’t think they sell that one on VC though

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don’t think they sell that one on VC though

I checked and you’re right, that’s bullshit.

At least you can play Pilotwings

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I checked and you’re right, that’s bullshit.

At least you can play Pilotwings

Did Nintendo even do a single wave of snes releases after the one when the n3ds first came out? Why didn't they keep putting out snes releases? Wtf

It's kind of a moot point when you can just install snes9x for 3ds but it's still mind boggling

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Robobot is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Ah thanks for clearing it up. Yeah playing snes games on my n3ds xl in pixel perfect mode is my preferred way to play snes games these days. It just looks so...perfect

it does look nice