Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

animist posted:

I'm taking 2 hours of train rides to go vote in my hometown because I'm a moron

lol that sounds like it yeah but otoh

trains are rad and also fun. you can play a video game or read a book while commuting! wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

im so excited for the full raft of public transit activists we're about to elect to the federal government!!

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1059841557417877505

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

juche avocado posted:

im so excited for the full raft of public transit activists we're about to elect to the federal government!!

I read that as public trans activists and will keep reading it that way

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

That's really cool, thanks!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

MysteriousStranger posted:

I read that as public trans activists and will keep reading it that way

hell why not go for the whole hog @ "pubic"

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Spacedad posted:

Voting trip report: I did the thing.

:smugdon:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Took my first person to the polls today in Lyft is a 70 year old guy who moved here from Russia almost 40 years ago loves the country and is voting Democrat as hell and thinks Trump is the biggest load of poo poo on this planet of Earth gives me a little hope for the future I actually don't expect to have a ton of rides like this today just because we do a lot of absentee balloting in Colorado and most people have already probably voted but there's still a good amount of people we will do it in person today

I know a fair amount of olds who vote Democrat but then again I live in a pretty blue area of Colorado so who knows

it's always interesting to me to hear people say how much they love this country and think it's the best in the world and what's funny is a lot of them immigrated here because often times I hear especially on these forums a bunch of people poo poo on the country and justifiably so but from an outsider's perspective there still a lot of appeal

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

are the milk drinkers shook yet

so shook I'm making GBS threads milkshake

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i ate the poo poo sandwich n voted dem

now i'm at work

then i'm gonna go home and uh

hopefully not collapse into a howling, trembling void of despair like i did two years ago

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

dang, MFers in minnesota and maine be votin

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

wow left off Guam and the northern Mariana islands. I guess their elections don't matter to politico types. smh

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Thesaurus posted:

wow left off Guam and the northern Mariana islands. I guess their elections don't matter to politico types. smh

Territorial Representatives can't vote and Territories don't get Senators so who cares

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ScrubLeague posted:

dang, MFers in minnesota and maine be votin

I'm in Minnesota and our voter turnout is a nonpartisan point of pride. It leads to some interesting results because a lot of people vote but aren't politically engaged at all, so you get Amy Klobuchar winning reelection in 2012 65-30 despite Obama going 52-44, or my DFL Rep in CD1 Tim Walz winning reelection despite Trump winning CD1 by 14 points.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
voted like some kind of nerd

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
ah also both those states are over 85% white which is why there's no broad suppression efforts. still pretty fuckin tite that so many people vote when they don't have to, rather than the south where a lot of people just can't.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ScrubLeague posted:

ah also both those states are over 85% white which is why there's no broad suppression efforts. still pretty fuckin tite that so many people vote when they don't have to, rather than the south where a lot of people just can't.
It's not for lack of trying. The Republicans in Minnesota absolutely run on and promise to do voter suppression, but the DFL has so far fought it off.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
American abroad who mailed in his vote a couple weeks ago. I don't have anything to do tomorrow until 10:30. I have been drinking elixers to prepare my liver for the damage I am about to do to it. If you plan on drinking, go ahead and pregame with B-vitamins, it will hurt a lot less tomorrow.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Azathoth posted:

I'm in Minnesota and our voter turnout is a nonpartisan point of pride. It leads to some interesting results because a lot of people vote but aren't politically engaged at all, so you get Amy Klobuchar winning reelection in 2012 65-30 despite Obama going 52-44, or my DFL Rep in CD1 Tim Walz winning reelection despite Trump winning CD1 by 14 points.

Minnesota pride is voting Mondale over Reagan in84

Serf
May 5, 2011

i voted and poo poo is wild out here in georgia. packed out polling place, bus out front. 2016 i walked right in and out, this time there was a line out across the parking lot

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
do not be shocked if we dont know poo poo until tomorrow btw

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

anime was right posted:

Don't expect to know for certain on a lot of close CA races for a week

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Goddamn right

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Current longest consecutive streak of not voting for a Republican for President and longest Democratic streak in history outside of the South.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

I cucked out and actually voted :/

good

animist
Aug 28, 2018

juche avocado posted:

lol that sounds like it yeah but otoh

trains are rad and also fun. you can play a video game or read a book while commuting! wow

or... post

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

anime was right posted:

Yeah, it's entirely possible that we will all go to sleep / pass out not knowing who controls the House because California has some really close races and they're gonna not officially report for potentially days because of absentee ballots.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Are there any CSPAM chat rooms going where we can watch results while getting wrecked?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Cosmik Slop posted:

Are there any CSPAM chat rooms going where we can watch results while getting wrecked?

yeah

the trmpujd thread

and this thread

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Stop arzying!!!

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Cosmik Slop posted:

yeah I need this too because the last loving thing i want to do tonight is hang out with crying strangers in meatspace when their coin toss great last hope against scott ham sandwich every day of his life walker falls short

let me make my own loving vote results command center cheap alcohol and you radicalized maniacs and thats the least unhappy im going to be tonight

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Just post.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Peanut President posted:

Territorial Representatives can't vote and Territories don't get Senators so who cares

wow you don't even care that guam may elect its first female governor smh

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

anime was right posted:

i'll never know poo poo

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Thesaurus posted:

wow you don't even care that guam may elect its first female governor smh

reminder that guams flag is a representation of the first thing a person born on guam ever sees

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Lessail posted:

i'll never know poo poo

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sexual Lorax posted:

reminder that guams flag is a representation of the first thing a person born on guam ever sees

they should really stop making women give birth on the beach

Sexual Lorax posted:

let me make my own loving vote results command center cheap alcohol and you radicalized maniacs and thats the least unhappy im going to be tonight

the thing you are describing is C-SPAM itself

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009
I'm shook as gently caress, but at least I have bar trivia to look forward to

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Vox Nihili posted:

Stop arzying!!!

now theres a phrase i never wanted to read again

PTSD flashbacks to 2016

Adbot