Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macaluso posted:

What am I supposed to do with these platinum points? I have 1130 of them, but as far as I can tell, there is literally not a single worthwhile thing to bother using them on. I'm not gonna buy WiiU stuff anymore, I haven't had a 3DS in a long time, and everything else is like... nothing. You'd think for such a big deal currency that has an expiration date on them they'd offer something a bit more interesting

They can get rewards in the mobile apps if you use any of them. Fire Emblem is pretty fun. You'll at least have good reason to use some of them on the Mario Kart phone game probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

PeePot posted:

Not a single thing? Look harder.

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/5ff1a44ac9653cae

I've got a folder of most of the stupid wallpapers, that I'll never use. A bunch of 3DS themes that I'll see next xmas when I transfer some Pokemon over to the Switch version.

Thanks for this. My kids are going to love these while playing Mario Party, though they will likely fly everywhere during mini games.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

i got diablo 3. what's the most fun class that isn't necromancer? my buddy is playing necromancer and im not sure it'd be fun both playing the same class together

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

a7m2 posted:

i got diablo 3. what's the most fun class that isn't necromancer? my buddy is playing necromancer and im not sure it'd be fun both playing the same class together

DH is fun so is the Barb.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Al Borland Corpse posted:

It's possible it already is and most footage we saw is from the Japanese version

There’s like a 90% chance every version is the same version with language toggles

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

a7m2 posted:

I'm having a ball with Wizard. You can build it very simply if you want or go all out on buttons to mash.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

a7m2 posted:

All classes are fun. Personally, I love the Barbarian, as they have several set armors that let you run (or jump, or spin) around smashing everyone and everything. Crusader and monk have a bunch of support-oriented stuff (heals, etc.) if you're more into that.

But for real, pick whatever class has a description that appeals to you and go for it. Double necro is even fun, in a chaotic, "holy poo poo there are skeletons everywhere" sense.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

how's witch doctor? i started it and throwing spiders everywhere seems pretty cool but the dogs kinda suck and i wonder what it's like later on

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

a7m2 posted:

how's witch doctor? i started it and throwing spiders everywhere seems pretty cool but the dogs kinda suck and i wonder what it's like later on

You become a high speed train with an army at your disposal that sends ghosts to haunt and kill everyone, and you can also become a chicken that explodes or throw zombie bears

owns

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So this is probably me being a dumb old man, but I can't figure out how to do any sort of online multiplayer in Diablo 3. My party is set to friends only, and I can't figure out a way to change that. Any ideas?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd say the only class that needs more time to get into a groove is Demon Hunter. Takes a bit more levels than the others to get to some of the really cool poo poo. Starting out with bullshit like Caltrops and a basic dodge move without rune mods can seem like the DH is a lame duck until a bit later.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

This is kind of funny. When I bought games I already owned on Steam to have them on the same system in the same library (like Space Channel 5), I called it the "Steam Tax." Now that I've got a Switch, i think I'm going to be paying a "Nintendo Tax" for games that I already own on Steam, like Stardew Valley.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Isn't World of Final Fantasy out on Switch today? I did some googling but I couldn't find too much info.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I liked the frogs on witch doctor.

Fancy Hat! posted:

Isn't World of Final Fantasy out on Switch today? I did some googling but I couldn't find too much info.

Isnt the switch friday releases?

Also I hope youre not expecting too much from the game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I picked World of Final Fantasy up on Steam during a sale last year and hated it. The voices, the mechanics, just none of it worked for me.

You guys are really tempting me to pick up Diablo, though. I'm torn between it and re-buying Transistor.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Fancy Hat! posted:

It shows up after you vote.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My biggest reservation about buying console D3 is how much better the game is with a custom sound track, especially when playing Barbarians. I remember the God of War 3 soundtrack going very well with eviscerating monsters as a hulking badass from the north.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've played every bit of D3 to the soundtrack of my wife watching Bob's Burgers.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

I'd say the only class that needs more time to get into a groove is Demon Hunter. Takes a bit more levels than the others to get to some of the really cool poo poo. Starting out with bullshit like Caltrops and a basic dodge move without rune mods can seem like the DH is a lame duck until a bit later.

What does it play like later on?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rogue Legacy is out today.

Pretty good Roguelike. I spent a long time with it and never best the game. $15 is pretty much the most I would pay

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

There are tons of roguelikes better than Rogue Legacy. Buy Dead Cells or Crypt of the Necrodancer instead. Isaac if you've got money to burn.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The artstyle of world of FF is more chibi than I thought was physically possible and I fuckin hate it so much

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rogue legacy feels directly responsible for Dead Cells in many ways too. More focus on the platforming and less on the fighting though

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Yeah rogue legacy is decent but it feels very loosely put together and for some god forsaken reason becomes a bullet hell type of game during the latter half of the single player content.

It was still a decent time though

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

a7m2 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8kyTHevixY&t=16s

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I picked up TWEWY the other day.

game owns, music owns.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The artstyle of world of FF is more chibi than I thought was physically possible and I fuckin hate it so much

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I feel like I wanna buy a game but idk if i want mario kart or splatoon or diablo or dark souls

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Rogue Legacy is out today.

Pretty good Roguelike. I spent a long time with it and never best the game. $15 is pretty much the most I would pay

Oh gently caress yes I loved that game. I spent a lot of time on it with my vita.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Rogue Legacy is a game you will play for 10 hours non stop, then stop playing and never return to.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oscar Wild posted:

Rogue Legacy is a game you will play for 10 hours non stop, then stop playing and never return to.

I plugged in around 30 but kept hitting a skill wall. It just didn't agree with me.

Now Dead Cells... that's a game that gets me.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ignite Memories posted:

I feel like I wanna buy a game but idk if i want mario kart or splatoon or diablo or dark souls

All are worth it but I’d go Mario Kart first. It’s incredible and packed full of content.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

a7m2 posted:

Demonhunter is more of a rogue-class hero than the other 6 but is for all intents and purposes the gunslinger class. You might be evading poo poo and not tackling things head-on as much but becoming a whirligig of backflips dropping traps and spewing arrows is really fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The game is also really not good and so slow that even with running battles in fast forward you have downtime where literally nothing is happening.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Square executive: You know that movie Boss Baby? WHAT IF EVERY ONE OF OUR BELOVED CHARACTERS WAS THAT

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Barudak posted:

The game is also really not good and so slow that even with running battles in fast forward you have downtime where literally nothing is happening.

i actually like the silly chibi art (mostly; gently caress that mascot character) but yeah the actual gameplay being a load of ole rear end drove me away pretty fast

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Square executive: You know that movie Boss Baby? WHAT IF EVERY ONE OF OUR BELOVED CHARACTERS WAS THAT

The leads, at least, have a non-chibi form. Why they have it is exclusively a story thing because mechanically it all it does is let your reach maybe one or two treasure chests and waste your time menuing your battle setups which is even more frustrating because beating the game unlocks how the game mechanics should have worked in the first place.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

i actually like the silly chibi art (mostly; gently caress that mascot character) but yeah the actual gameplay being a load of ole rear end drove me away pretty fast

gently caress the Tama

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

When I was heading towards the endgame of Rogue Legacy I just kept feeling "why am I dealing with danmaku bullets with a boxy platformer hitbox"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would rather smash a bunch of funko pops together over and over again until they break or I get kicked out of spencer's gifts