Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol, didn't some airplane tell us all that ND was always gonna be a question mark because it's so insanely hard to poll even during traditional cycles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Serf posted:

i voted and poo poo is wild out here in georgia. packed out polling place, bus out front. 2016 i walked right in and out, this time there was a line out across the parking lot

You're pretty rural right? Is that good or bad?

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Oprah said vote and it was Good.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

lol, didn't some airplane tell us all that ND was always gonna be a question mark because it's so insanely hard to poll even during traditional cycles?

Yeah the millennial vote there increased from 2 people to 100! What a wave.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Got my four screens ready for tonight one on CNN one on Colbert one on the Trump thread and one on this thread a 12 pack and hard liquor for later if necessary

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

One hand on my dick and the other one holding a shotgun let's get crazy bitches

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Got my four screens ready for tonight one on CNN one on Colbert one on the Trump thread and one on this thread a 12 pack and hard liquor for later if necessary

Ha!

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I am so broken and afraid to get my hopes up lol

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Love Stole the Day posted:

Oprah said vote and it was Good.

Remember how Oprah gave everybody cars and then hosed them their taxes?" Oprah got them all to vote and Trump will still be president.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe
more at peace voting for donnelly because horse fucker reminded me last night that he voted against kavanaugh

my little precinct in muncie has apparantly seen more day-of voters by noon than they see during presidential elections

there is my little voting day anecdote

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

but which one is also in your mouth?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

just hold it with your teeth and balance the end in the floor

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

I am so broken and afraid to get my hopes up lol

the nyt needle senses your fear

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

now that's what i call yoga

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

MysteriousStranger posted:

but which one is also in your mouth?

We will see where the night takes goes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Epic High Five posted:

Rural polling in general is really tough because there's a lot more opportunity for a candidate good at "retail politics" to buck any kind of partisan lean an area may have and win by being a better candidate and out hustling the competition.

The upper Midwest also has a history of ticket splitting or outright preferring that opposing parties control the legislature and the executive at all levels that muddies the waters a lot.

Plus, how many pollsters are out there that actually understand and keep up with the North Dakota electorate? I can't speak for North Dakota, but in rural Minnesota, national media likes to lump anything outside the Twin Cities together but the electorate moves quite independently much of the time in various areas.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Drunkboxer posted:

that would have been very edgy in 1995

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ages posted:

more at peace voting for donnelly because horse fucker reminded me last night that he voted against kavanaugh

you're first against the wall, fucker

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Line were I'm voting in Charleston SC is almost as long as 2016

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Silent Majority

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/1059861721320472577

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

Peanut President posted:

you're first against the wall, fucker

joke's on you, i want to die

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Azathoth posted:

Rural polling in general is really tough because there's a lot more opportunity for a candidate good at "retail politics" to buck any kind of partisan lean an area may have and win by being a better candidate and out hustling the competition.

The upper Midwest also has a history of ticket splitting or outright preferring that opposing parties control the legislature and the executive at all levels that muddies the waters a lot.

Plus, how many pollsters are out there that actually understand and keep up with the North Dakota electorate? I can't speak for North Dakota, but in rural Minnesota, national media likes to lump anything outside the Twin Cities together but the electorate moves quite independently much of the time in various areas.

Minnesota is one of like 3 states where the rural countryside isn't blood red border-to-border, lol

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Vox Nihili posted:

Minnesota is one of like 3 states where the rural countryside isn't blood red border-to-border, lol

Minnesota f'n owns.

I dunno, i just feel like putting that out there

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Azathoth posted:

I'm not even sure I believe people actually live in ND, and I vote

I mean I've never met one, and I'm in the midwest even. Awfully suspicious!

Serf
May 5, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

You're pretty rural right? Is that good or bad?

overwhelmingly black turnout when i was leaving

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fuligin posted:

Minnesota f'n owns.

I dunno, i just feel like putting that out there

is Ellison gonna win? Because his opponent said he's gonna fire everybody who isn't a chud if he wins so Minnesota may not own much longer if that's the case lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Epic High Five posted:

is Ellison gonna win? Because his opponent said he's gonna fire everybody who isn't a chud if he wins so Minnesota may not own much longer if that's the case lol

As long as Walz comfortably wins, it'd be very surprising if Ellison didn't.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Depends on how you look at it.

Greater Minnesota absolutely went hard for Trump but no one really knows if that was an aberration caused by Hillary being catastrophically unpopular and there not being a gubernatorial or senatorial race to help shore up the turnout or if the electorate here really has shifted.

I'm in CD1 and I'm hopeful Feehan can win, but I have little hope for CD8 with Radinovich, and CD7 is a shoe-in despite being redder than CD1 or CD8.

ND is similar because they elected Heitkamp in 2012, South Dakota had Pence visit a few days ago because their governor is in danger, Tester wins in Montana and they've got a Dem governor. Iowa is all in play, Wisconsin should be, but their state party is a trash fire.

There's plenty of rural Democrats all over, it just requires a state party that actually recruits good local candidates.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Shear Modulus posted:

did you write in basta

Straight ticket dem except for positions where there was no party affiliation listed. For those, if possible, i voted for the woman candidate over the man, and if there were two women or no women running, i voted for the least white sounding name

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

This is the only Minnesota race I'm really worried about.

Last I heard he was polling ahead of Wardlow again (after a poll a couple of weeks ago put him 7 points behind) but who the gently caress knows.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

As long as Walz comfortably wins, it'd be very surprising if Ellison didn't.

My concern is with early voters. I know a couple people who voted early and went third party because of how bad it all looked. I think he's gonna pull out a narrow win, but I'm really not sure.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Epic High Five posted:

During the primary, Ellison almost had more votes than all three republicans combined and he only had 50% of the vote for the DFL. Both races had almost double the total turnout for DFL as the republicans. It doesn't track exactly, but it's a good sign.

Rip_Van_Winkle has issued a correction as of 19:36 on Nov 6, 2018

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
Really hope Ellison wins

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

crazy cloud posted:

Straight ticket dem except for positions where there was no party affiliation listed. For those, if possible, i voted for the woman candidate over the man, and if there were two women or no women running, i voted for the least white sounding name

:same:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i voted straight dem except for the guy who apparently determines county contracts where i voted for the dude who said "abolish ice"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Minnesota can be pretty cool but gently caress your guyses Winters -40 is loving stupid to live in