Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

This reminds me of when a Japanese automotive manufacturer (Toyota?) built a plant in Alabama then had to bring over Japanese workers to run the machines since the locals were too stupid to learn computers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Just got back from voting. Outside in the parking lot a dude asked me if I wanted a Republican "voting slate" and I said "hell no" instead of giving him false hope by accepting one then saying "Now I know to do the opposite of these" or "Suck the poo poo out of my rear end in a top hat" because I have a sinus headache and barely wanted to be there anyway. To the voting machine's credit, it did not change my votes to GOP on the screen or on the print-out so, good job on figuring out that you should do that on the back end, guys.

On the way out, the dude was still there and a lady accepted one of his pamphlets and he saw me and said really loud "NOW SEE SHE GETS IT". So that was an LOL.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

My wife was conservative when we first met, or at least thought she was. She agreed with me on most issues and I told her she wasn't actually conservative. She eventually took a political test that showed her beliefs are mainly aligned with democrats. Thankfully she came around, but I wonder how many people out there identify as conservatives without realizing how horrible and destructive their positions really are. I think she just saw herself as a conservative because she grew up poor and worked hard and saved money and was mainly self-reliant.

Considering conservative talking points often get actual progressive opinion completely wrong (baby killing! free stuff for the poor with MY taxes!) I'm sure a lot of people who think they are conservative would change their tune if they were exposed to realistic progressive rhetoric and not shrieking reactionaries hot takes

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
From a Guardian article re: Texas

quote:

Richard Cano, 67, has just voted for Cruz at the Putnam elementary school polling station in the West Side of El Paso, a better-off more conservative part of town. That he voted Republican is a sign of how entrenched politics can be in Texas, given that he is a huge fan of O’Rourke whom he has known personally since the Democratic candidate was a young boy.

“I love Beto to death. He’s a fine, fine person.”

So why not vote for his friend?

“He’s for open borders. I’m for closed borders and for sticking strictly to the constitution. I’m a Republican. That’s all there is to it.”

Jesus, some people in the US are so loving dumb.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

TulliusCicero posted:

Where is this? Tell the chud he is on camera, and the police are on their way

that was probably a hypothetical question, no need to get your panties in a whirl

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Killing Loaf posted:

This reminds me of when a Japanese automotive manufacturer (Toyota?) built a plant in Alabama then had to bring over Japanese workers to run the machines since the locals were too stupid to learn computers

to stupid to read

I think they needed picture books made

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

to stupid to read

unintentional :lol:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Dravs posted:

It's the classic sports analogy: I'll be loyal to my team even when they're making GBS threads all over themselves on the field

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dravs posted:

That's a person who mainlines fox news through an iv.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Killing Loaf posted:

I remember two variants on this but can't confirm either one because my Google Fu is apparently weak this morning:

[Foreign auto maker] opens factory in [insert southern state] and has to redo all of their documentation as pictures because too many workers can't read.
[Foreign auto maker] wants to open factory in [insert southern state] but decides to gently caress off because they'd rather have a union presence to help manage workers and the state had passed or was threatening to pass some nutty anti-union legislation.

I think the latter one was Volkswagen/Tennessee but who knows, could just be a brain fart. Not that it matters in the year of our piss 2018.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Jel Shaker posted:

to stupid to read

I think they needed picture books made

Jeez, they're called manga, dad

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

bag em and tag em posted:

Considering conservative talking points often get actual progressive opinion completely wrong (baby killing! free stuff for the poor with MY taxes!) I'm sure a lot of people who think they are conservative would change their tune if they were exposed to realistic progressive rhetoric and not shrieking reactionaries hot takes

example: When Bernie speaks to red state conservatives they end up liking him and agreeing with him.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tahirovic posted:

During financially tough times Trump parents are known to eat out their offspring.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Fabulousity posted:

I remember two variants on this but can't confirm either one because my Google Fu is apparently weak this morning:

[Foreign auto maker] opens factory in [insert southern state] and has to redo all of their documentation as pictures because too many workers can't read.
[Foreign auto maker] wants to open factory in [insert southern state] but decides to gently caress off because they'd rather have a union presence to help manage workers and the state had passed or was threatening to pass some nutty anti-union legislation.

I think the latter one was Volkswagen/Tennessee but who knows, could just be a brain fart. Not that it matters in the year of our piss 2018.

You are correct about the Volkswagen part

I will never vote for a policial party that is anti union. I don't give a poo poo if I become a ceo or hit the lotto

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/06/an-year-old-texas-woman-voted-first-time-then-she-died/?utm_term=.e04dc36cd092

quote:

She died just before 2 a.m. Monday, with her daughters by her side, but her vote having been logged.

“She was very proud,” Griffith said. “She wanted to drain the swamp. She voted straight-ticket Republican.”

You mother fucker. Voting to hurt the future they never have to see. The Republican way

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

And they claim dead people are voting for democrats

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hi Trump thread I hope you all voted today or even earlier

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/NoahHurowitz/status/1059865273845592064

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Otacon posted:

sounds like he's just going fly fishing

:five:

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Dravs posted:

It's basically a mental illness in some parts of America. I have a friend from Texas, she and her family voted for GWB twice, even though they opposed the War on Terror, thought Bush was dim, and couldn't stand his evangelical beliefs (she was raised Traditionalist Catholic). She just told me, nope, being white, religious, and from rural Texas, not voting for the GOP and Gov. Bush just wasn't even an option in their minds. Like they literally couldn't conceive of the notion of voting for a Democrat. Good thing that she got out that place eventually.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Alan Smithee posted:

He should have said "Tecmo's Deception!"

I'm the independent voter who signed up for a rube Goldberg machine of endless ball torture and humiliation

https://youtu.be/1jXoFaFubeo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1059870452477239296

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

If he doesn't have a warrant, tell him to gently caress off.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

How come she got a cool pen? I didn't get a cool pen!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Extremely jealous of the old piece of poo poo that died immediately after voting.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AymanM/status/1059855139979358208

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

If I lived literally 500 feet from where I am now I would have been able to vote against Nunes. I still voted, but I'm bummed out. lol

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Just lol if you expect head from a man whose tastebuds can only handle fast food and diet coke.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
https://twitter.com/anniekarni/status/1059864432157835264

lol your fatass president is gonna spend all day watching TV.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Shanghaied posted:

https://twitter.com/anniekarni/status/1059864432157835264

lol your fatass president is gonna spend all day watching TV.

This was never in question. He's going to stew and shitpost all day. Same as all of us. Doland is a goon, really.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Slow day and no good tweets either. Must be gathering his energy once results start coming in

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

TotalLossBrain posted:

This was never in question. He's going to stew and shitpost all day. Same as all of us. Doland is a goon, really.

Inversely, goons are presidential.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Fabulousity posted:

That first one was Toyota, they opened a plant in Alabama in early 2000's and had to use pictures to train some workers. They then built their next plant in Ontario citing the education level of the workforce and savings on health benefits as the reasons.

But Toyota's actually building another plant in Alabama, so they must've figured things out.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

TotalLossBrain posted:

Literally the first Failson-American Predisent.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Hihohe posted:

... they grew up in the south in the 70s and 80s. You cant fix that brain.

So did I.

gently caress your parents in the ear.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shanghaied posted:

Literally the first Failson-American Predisent.
How quickly we forget the Dubya Bush era

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

TotalLossBrain posted:

Doland is a goon, really.

:catdrugs:

Unkempt
Fat
Sperglord
Cheeto covered fingers too!

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Hey.

Hey.

I just realized Trump...will still be president tomorrow.

Ha. Haha
:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

An insane mind posted:

Hey.

Hey.

I just realized Trump...will still be president tomorrow.

Ha. Haha
:cripes:

Impeach?!

Im a peach?!