Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Ben Jealous is going to lose so bad lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I voted for Ken the Chicken Man #1 for mayor (it’s ranked choice)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

With all this AG talk, I want to make sure one thing gets said:

gently caress Lori Swanson forever.

Not just for being anti-union in the Democrat Farmer Laborer Party or for being the slimiest headline seeker in Minnesota or for making the work environment in the AG office hell or for forcing her workers to "volunteer" for her campaign or any of her other lovely behavior as AG, but for kicking off this whole drat mess with her "will she won't she" gubernatorial campaign.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
I also voted straight ticket D here in Jersey. :whitewater:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

I also voted straight ticket D here in Jersey. :whitewater:

nj really had some pretty awful and uninspiring choices lol

there were a lot of chuds at my polling place

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I voted absentee a few weeks ago, but glad to hear everyone going to the polls.

I really hope Cordray gets across the finish line in my home state (Ohio). I have lost almost all hope that Issue One, which would lower penalties for drug possession, will pass but am cautiously optimistic about the rest of my ballot.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

anime was right posted:

nj really had some pretty awful and uninspiring choices lol

there were a lot of chuds at my polling place

I live in a pretty dem heavy area but yeah I voted very unenthusiastically.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

QuoProQuid posted:

I voted absentee a few weeks ago, but glad to hear everyone going to the polls.

I really hope Cordray gets across the finish line in my home state (Ohio). I have lost almost all hope that Issue One, which would lower penalties for drug possession, will pass but am cautiously optimistic about the rest of my ballot.

I dunno the timing of it now compared to pre opiods makes me optimistic chids will go for it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

at least it seems like the early vote surge wasn't just cannibalizing day of turnout

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Larry Buschon (R-IN 8; old man holding coffee) waits in line in a deadass mall to vote

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Minnesota can be pretty cool but gently caress your guyses Winters -40° is loving stupid to live in

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
Of the big lake they call Gitche Gumee
The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead
When the skies of November turn gloomy

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

I SHOULD FUCK OFF BACK TO C-SPAM

crazy cloud posted:

Straight ticket dem except for positions where there was no party affiliation listed. For those, if possible, i voted for the woman candidate over the man, and if there were two women or no women running, i voted for the least white sounding name

i too used this voting methodology

also the republicans electioneering outside the polling place told me which judges were gop approved which aided in determining who note to vote for, as the judges didn't have a party listed

also my 4 year old son told the republicans that he voted at home to put donald trump in jail while my 5 year old daughter went on a monologue about how donald trump is evil and took over the planet. i told the chuds to listen to the children

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I dunno the timing of it now compared to pre opiods makes me optimistic chids will go for it

the polling was really good at the start of the year, but that lead has narrowed substantially in recent weeks due to a really aggressive campaign against it by everyone from the Cleveland Plain Dealer to the County Commissioners Association.

I would love it if it passes but I expect the undecideds to break against it

E: One good thing about absentee ballot is I could look up all the candidates in advance and figure out which of the candidates in the nonpartisan local races were garbage.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

plain dealer's endorsements were sorta wtf in general from a quick glance. glad I dont' support local papers

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lol at physically having to go to the polls instead of being able to leisurely research everything in the comfort of your own home and mail/drop your ballot off at a convenient time

universal vote-by-mail supremacy

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

LGD posted:

lol at physically having to go to the polls instead of being able to leisurely research everything in the comfort of your own home and mail/drop your ballot off at a convenient time

universal vote-by-mail supremacy

Overseas absentee voter here. :same:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Drove by my polling place in suburbia Philadelphia and the parking lot was packed to the brim, but I won't actually get there to vote till after work.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I didn't vote today :getin:

cuz i early voted

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
super excited to vote against my ceo's chud wife and vote for the wholesome yarmuth!

also got a badge on strava. had a nice beautiful run from my polling place to the park and then my house.

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

the polling was really good at the start of the year, but that lead has narrowed substantially in recent weeks due to a really aggressive campaign against it by everyone from the Cleveland Plain Dealer to the County Commissioners Association.

I would love it if it passes but I expect the undecideds to break against it

E: One good thing about absentee ballot is I could look up all the candidates in advance and figure out which of the candidates in the nonpartisan local races were garbage.

Im not holding my breath on Issue 1, my chud family agonzied over Dewine and Cordray and in the end most voted for Dewine, I guess being corrupt as gently caress and aiding in the robbing of public school funding doesnt matter in Ohio.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

QuoProQuid posted:

does your state not publish sample ballots online? my secretary of state's site even links to the candidates' official websites

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

QuoProQuid posted:

I always do my research and fill out my sample ballot, then bring that with me to the polls. Then I can open it up and fill out the same holes that I filled out at home.

augias
Apr 7, 2009

thrawn527 posted:

I always do my research and fill out my sample ballot, then bring that with me to the polls. Then I can open it up and fill out the same holes that I filled out at home.

this is also what i do when i am fornicating your parent's

wait this isnt the truemp thread

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

Lutha Mahtin posted:

does your state not publish sample ballots online? my secretary of state's site even links to the candidates' official websites

they do. i just know a lot of people who neglect to look it up beforehand and end up having to guess in the polling booth. when you have an absentee ballot, you have a reminder of what is there and which candidates you need to research

also, my state’s website design isn’t great and some people have trouble navigating to their very local races (e.g. county commissioner, court of common pleas, coroner, etc).

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I wasn't able to vote on whether a store ~ 2000ft away from my house can sell booze on sunday

fuckers

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
https://twitter.com/kristina_wong/status/1059876301023207426

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Ok im putting an end to personal voting day anecdotes. No more

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
what the hell is wrong with people who wait til election day to vote

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol this is some murder suicide right here

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

here in MD it's way faster to vote on election day, as there are way more polling places.

EV lines aren't terrible but why wait 45 mins-2hrs to vote when you can just walk in and vote immediately on election day

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

A New Dad posted:

also my 4 year old son told the republicans that he voted at home to put donald trump in jail while my 5 year old daughter went on a monologue about how donald trump is evil and took over the planet. i told the chuds to listen to the children

I don't think this says what you think it does about you. Why worry kids that young about politics? Let them be kids for awhile.

Azathoth posted:

With all this AG talk, I want to make sure one thing gets said:

gently caress Lori Swanson forever.

Not just for being anti-union in the Democrat Farmer Laborer Party or for being the slimiest headline seeker in Minnesota or for making the work environment in the AG office hell or for forcing her workers to "volunteer" for her campaign or any of her other lovely behavior as AG, but for kicking off this whole drat mess with her "will she won't she" gubernatorial campaign.

Yeah I agree she's awful. Don't forget releasing the criminal records of a former staff who decided to speak against those practices.

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

I don't think this says what you think it does about you. Why worry kids that young about politics? Let them be kids for awhile.

his understanding of donald trump is about on the same level as villains in his cartoon shows, the extent of our political indoctrination is telling him to be kind and considerate to everyone

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Crossposting from the Trump thread, but I wanted to enter into the record here that I put a bunch of Schnorkles posts into a Markov Chain text generator:

twoday posted:

Ok, here we go, Schnorkbot 2.0, with tweaked settings and edited to include only semi-coherent predictions:

i have posted a handy dandy "what the loving flood gates have opened. you could also read someone a whole lot smarter than right now. That article is a splendid amount of defection from King. It may or maybe sneaking up to 50 seats in the house and narrowly take the senate in basically any universe, but holding their own or maybe sneaking up to 50 seats is possible (minus Kansas, which they still face a democrat here or there is more likely on course to win around 40 seats.
good news binch Basically a fever dream fill in your own adventure here.
100 new voters
It's both. It may or may not be competitive to overwhelming in New England governor" I mean listen to the first couple of key indicators:

Early Indicators:

- Donnelly cruising to re-election if its really close we can pop the champagne because tonight is gonna rule?" because the nights getting wild (i don't think there's gonna be a whole ton of competitive races where some fall our way and some don't and it shakes out to about 30-something seats. Maybe low 40's in a really close between Barr and McGrath.
- Early returns in Indiana indicate a tight race between Barr and McGrath.
- Early returns in Indiana have Donnelly down a bunch.
- Early returns in Indiana have Donnelly doing well, especially in clark county. I'm incredibly confident in flipping the race. You will note that there's a small break in the last minute undecideds towards R's and its one of the few polls that's had walker leading, so that's a good result for the democrats in the senate.
- Raimondo loses in GA. Texas, Tennessee, and North Dakota aren’t particular. This is really common practice in the south in particular, and with the VRA being gutted it just go ahead and gently caress right off because the nights getting wild
- Kemp is a fucker, especially in New York :eyepop:
- Wexton loses narrowly saving the house NM-02 is probably going to be decided by like 5-10 points. I'm just spewing bullshit everywhere I've boiled down the polls, the demographics, the early voting trends in Texas have never actually been tighter than a few hours into the night.
- Republican, Sununu wins re-elected. Somewhere between 80 and 100 seats will go Democrats run tight in NJ-05 and around 20% of lean/likely seats, ~60% of tossups, and around 20% of lean/likely seats, with Fischer and Hyde-Smith struggling to get re-elected.
- Kemp is both actively doing bad things and early indicators can be sussed out that I think Arizona is to hold even at absolute best.
- i think honestly that in an election with like a couple seats in PA, they comprehensively lose 2-3 in the house are votes that are tallied by the environment, but she doesn't change a huge amount, but she doesn't fit the two caucuses (the crazies and the next 37 posts talking about, i.e., that there's been a whole hell of a lot of people are votes that i cant reasons hahaha, that's a good result for Evers)
- scott walker leading, so that's a good one forum listen u wise cracking son of a bitch this is pretty wild whats going on in Arizona right

now mind u they could have just challenges.
In this universe, the republican proposals
:eyepop: the fundamentally transforming the R down by like 500 votes. *gong noise*
tomorrow:
there's only one certified candidate, but holding their own or maybe sneaking up to you :hai:

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

A New Dad posted:

here in MD it's way faster to vote on election day, as there are way more polling places.

EV lines aren't terrible but why wait 45 mins-2hrs to vote when you can just walk in and vote immediately on election day

Im in Maryland, I early voted and no one was there. In and out. We even got a new EV place this year.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Here in Michigan (until Prop 3 passes) you can only get absentee ballots if you are either unable to get to the polls on election day or are old (or lie about not being able to get to the polls). We also don't have early voting.

Most people don't bother because of that.

Voting is usually pretty easy in person here and the lines aren't bad.... unless you're in Detroit.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

crazy cloud posted:

Straight ticket dem except for positions where there was no party affiliation listed. For those, if possible, i voted for the woman candidate over the man, and if there were two women or no women running, i voted for the least white sounding name

do you not get free voter guides from at least the league of women voters where you live??

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

stickers

https://twitter.com/alaskarobotics/status/1027272040657514496?s=21

https://twitter.com/alaskarobotics/status/1027272490844733441?s=21

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

juche avocado posted:

do you not get free voter guides from at least the league of women voters where you live??

Even if you don't just fuckin go to the website. vote411.org.

i hear ballotready.org is alright too but when I tried it it got some of my local races wrong so they need to work on that.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

T O P

juche avocado posted:

wait, this is a thing???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

juche avocado posted:

the league of women voters just beats me up and takes my lunch money