Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Wrong thread, very wrong

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Oct 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

TorakFade posted:

I played Azul the other night, and ... didn't quite like it.

And I can't put my finger on why - I mean, it's fast, it has great materials, it's simple yet strategic ... but after the first game I just didn't want to play it again.

Maybe it feels too "screwy" and random? I mean, if you're not first or second player, you can almost forget getting a good pick if the other players are even slightly trying to screw with you. Heck, even if they're not trying, they'll probably screw you over anyway just to get the best option for themselves, and since every turn the available tiles are randomized you can't really plan anything in advance.

My friends seem to absolutely love it, while I'd rather play 7 Wonders to be honest for a quick, luck-based game with some light decision making. Am I missing something maybe?

Did you play it on your watch?

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

lol

Looks like the Huawei Watch GT won't run Wear OS,
Huawei is instead using its own software

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

LastInLine posted:

Did you play it on your watch?

holy poo poo. I knew it was not a good idea to phonepost. Sorry I'll edit :v:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Rastor posted:

lol

Looks like the Huawei Watch GT won't run Wear OS,
Huawei is instead using its own software

Saw that and thought of you. Turned out you were right, it is going to be an interesting watch as it also isn't to use a Qualcomm chip.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
This morning, my Huawei watch 2 is not letting me do anything. I can unlock the watch using my swipe pattern, and if I press and hold one of the buttons I can get the google assistant to load and it works. But I can not get the app menu to come up, or swipe up to show notifications or down to show the system menu.

Have I accidently locked the watch somehow?

edit: nevermind. I was able to reboot it by pressing and holding both buttons for like 15 seconds. Now it works again.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 16, 2018

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017
In case anybody is still using a hwatch1 I just received the latest wearos api(not kernel) update. First interaction is still laggy as before but afterwards it gets as fast as it was on release.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Same thing, it was waiting for me to press the button this morning.

After the update two of my complications have turned off, but I don't remember what they actually were...

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Got the update on my Hwatch 2.

The watch feels maybe a little more responsive than before.

I think I like the new notification layout.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Does Hwatch2 really get 2 days battery life like it says on amazon uk?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Budgie posted:

Huawei Watch 2 user here, with Intelligent Battery Saving (or whatever it's called) mine started out lasting 3 days if I turned it off at night. Not heavy use though; no GPS, no wifi, mostly just notifications, heartbeat monitor/steps counter and looking at the time.

After 1 year, it now lasts only 2 days if I turn it off at night. So for a normal-light use, I'd say that is definitely on point; if you plan on heavy use or having display always on, hahahaha no, 1 day at most.

Nice thing is it gets charged from 10% to 100% in less than an hour, so if you're willing to carry the dock charger with you, you can top it off wherever in just a few minutes.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Budgie posted:

I wear mine about 12 hours a day on average and I am usually above 70% when I put it back on the charger. I don't think it would make a full 48 hours without turning on the battery saver or turning off the always on screen. But it gets good life.

Using it as a bluetooth music player to headphones and a GPS fitness tracker at the same time does have a marked impact on battery life. Probably 15-20% per hour.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Something weird has happened to my watch, I can't click the check mark when it asks if I'm sure to reset/turn off/factory reset etc. Everything else works fine. I'd normally reboot it to fix it but I can't. :( Only change is a new phone, but I haven't connected to it yet.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
So, are there any WearOS devices that have a Snapdragon 3100 in them yet?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

*shrug*

It honestly doesn't matter, they are both garbage chipsets.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

bull3964 posted:

*shrug*

It honestly doesn't matter, they are both garbage chipsets.

My Moto 360 v2 is showing its age at this point, and the battery reading is pretty hosed on it. It'll last a whole day, but never shows below 70% or so before it dies.

I was thinking about getting whatever fossil WEAROS device I thought looked best.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

If you want a Wear device, just buy whatever's on $150 firesale around Christmas.

The problem is, aside from some low power, low functionality modes. a 2015 device and a 2018 device are going to perform the same. You are just getting a refreshed battery at that point.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

My Moto 360 v2 is showing its age at this point, and the battery reading is pretty hosed on it. It'll last a whole day, but never shows below 70% or so before it dies.

I was thinking about getting whatever fossil WEAROS device I thought looked best.

Same, except my Moto 360v2 is completely screen-dead.

I wish there was a good, up-to-date option. At least some of the Fossils look nice.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Get a Samsung gear S3 on black friday discount.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

This is exactly how my Moto 360v2 behaves and I'd replace it with a first gen Misfit Vapor is I could justify it but I just can't. The second gen Vapor adds GPS and NFC for another $50 but you'd have to go a long way to convince me a Wear OS device is worth $200, much less $250.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Just upgraded from my Samsung gear s2 to a galaxy watch. So far it seems very nice. No complaints.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

I've had my gen 3 fossil for a year now (Nov 2 2017), wear it almost every day and it's still working great. Plenty of battery life to get through the day even with wifi and always on screen. I also like having a watch that looks like a watch and fits standard watch bands. If I was in the market for a new Wear OS device I would either look at the latest fossil, or a used/refurb gen 3.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I still am content with my LG Style. The battery still lasts nearly 24 hours. it doesn't have the most bells and whistles but it's not the garbage every review said it was.

I don't know what they do that they got less than 8 hours of use from the thing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I like the misfit vapor I got last year, but the black paint marks up too easily (anodizing would be so much better) and it's slightly too small for my wrist, I really need a 46mm watch, 44mm it's just a touch small.

They do have the Vapor 2 in 46mm now. I'm hoping that goes on similar firesale this year and I'll get the stainless steel one to retire my Moto 360 v2 with dodgy battery.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

I like the misfit vapor I got last year, but the black paint marks up too easily (anodizing would be so much better) and it's slightly too small for my wrist, I really need a 46mm watch, 44mm it's just a touch small.

They do have the Vapor 2 in 46mm now. I'm hoping that goes on similar firesale this year and I'll get the stainless steel one to retire my Moto 360 v2 with dodgy battery.
For what it's worth my girlfriend and I both have silver OG Vapors and they've not scratched up at all.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, the silver ones are stainless steel so they should be durable. I just wanted a black watch to pair with my 360 at the time and was disappointed to find it was only painted.

Sharpie makes it go away for a period. One of these days I'll get motivated with touch-up paint.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Len posted:

I still am content with my LG Style. The battery still lasts nearly 24 hours. it doesn't have the most bells and whistles but it's not the garbage every review said it was.

I don't know what they do that they got less than 8 hours of use from the thing.

I wonder if It's a number of notifications thing, because I've had my own LG Watch Style since May '17, and I consider it a red-letter day if it still has charge 12 hours after taking it off the charger. That said, another possibility is that I might be accidentally sushing the crown in with the back of my hand without noticing it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

maltesh posted:

I wonder if It's a number of notifications thing, because I've had my own LG Watch Style since May '17, and I consider it a red-letter day if it still has charge 12 hours after taking it off the charger. That said, another possibility is that I might be accidentally sushing the crown in with the back of my hand without noticing it.

Admittedly I have set it to ignore a lot of notifications. Basically anything i would get in my phone and immediately ignore got turned off. I don't really need NHL updates on my wrist for example.

My crown is hosed though. It's at this unhealthy looking angle probably from getting hit by my hand all the time. But it still works and keeps chugging along.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

bull3964 posted:

The larger models don't get the metal bands.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

LastInLine posted:

The larger models don't get the metal bands.

Their website disagrees with you. The black 46mm has a matching metal band.

Edit: Disregard, I'm a loving idiot who didn't read that you were replying to the person who DIDN'T want black this time.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

G-Prime posted:

Their website disagrees with you. The black 46mm has a matching metal band.

Edit: Disregard, I'm a loving idiot who didn't read that you were replying to the person who DIDN'T want black this time.

No worries, I should've mentioned you can get it in black. Still sucks because I'd want the stainless band.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I never buy metal bands anyways.

That said, they just use standard bands do they not? I know my current one just uses a standard 20mm band.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I believe this is the first 3100 device.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/11/8/18073474/fossil-sport-smartwatch-3100-chip-wear-os

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

I think second, but first affordable one.

quote:

The wearable, called the Sport Smartwatch, comes in six different colors — gray, pink, red, blue, green, and black — in both 41mm and 43mm sizes. There’s also a wide range of silicone straps (28 in total) that are interchangeable and water-resistant.

Fossil is emphasizing the Sport Smartwatch’s ambient mode, integrated heart rate sensor, 350mAh battery (with promised all-day battery life), as well as NFC and GPS capabilities, which are all supposed to be improved from the watch’s last generation

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Well it's a start, I guess.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Rastor posted:

I think second, but first affordable one.

Second, Montblanc Summit 2 was the first but it starts at $995.00.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Second, Montblanc Summit 2 was the first but it starts at $995.00.

Yeah, that's exactly what is meant by "first affordable one"

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Looks like Fossil accidentally activated the Cyber Monday 30% off code on the new sportwatch for a few hours. Been looking at finally getting a smartwatch and if that deal is back during Cyber Monday I'm probably going to get one. Looking for a good all-around watch and while the Galaxy watch seems nice, Bixby instead of Google Assistant is a no-go.

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Personally, I think the round smooth bezel is very Lazy design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Somewhere in the last two updates my Moto 360 v2 has fixed its battery reporting. For awhile there it wouldn't go below 80%, now it seems to be tracking properly.