Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

According to the unofficial yet kind of official prequel story for the Witch, she's actually a former Lunaris cultist and not some weird cave hobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

You guys inspired me to rule 34 path of exile. Good unshocking news, it exists.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Oh goody, thanks for sharing.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Infected posted:

According to the unofficial yet kind of official prequel story for the Witch, she's actually a former Lunaris cultist and not some weird cave hobo.

I love Gladiator dude's reason for getting exiled. Some rich dude was talking poo poo after Gladiator's fight, so he loving murdered that dude.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Grimoire posted:

I do appreciate that they went full azula on the ele art

The Elementalist art looks like a discarded concept art for an mtg planeswalker to me, while the Necromancer art looks like actual concept art for an mtg planeswalker

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

KirbyKhan posted:

I love Gladiator dude's reason for getting exiled. Some rich dude was talking poo poo after Gladiator's fight, so he loving murdered that dude.

Duelist also has all the best lines. He remains a pompous rear end in the face of exile, crawling through flesh tunnels and giant buttholes, etc.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Maybe I'll make it a quest next league to play with headphones and sound on and listen to the dialogue. :shobon:

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

Oh goody, thanks for sharing.

I appreciate artists creating life to my fantasies. Like female Brutus who I have it on good authority has nipple rings. Lady marauder does not.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Duck and Cover posted:

I appreciate artists creating life to my fantasies. Like female Brutus who I have it on good authority has nipple rings. Lady marauder does not.

Lady Marauder is a LADY first

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Duelist also has all the best lines. He remains a pompous rear end in the face of exile, crawling through flesh tunnels and giant buttholes, etc.

Shadow is clearly superior.

"I was once off my tits for three days after taking bad Lethe-drops. Felt just like this place."

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

silvergoose posted:

Maybe I'll make it a quest next league to play with headphones and sound on and listen to the dialogue. :shobon:

I'd hate to play this game without sound, there are way too many audio cues warning you that you're about to get die if you don't do something.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Old shadow lines are the best but his new ones are a considerable drop in quality.

Witch is consistently great though. Did templar get recast at some point? He's not as grating as I remember back in beta.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I love that every time you see Piety she's thirsty as hell for you

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

jjac posted:

Did templar get recast at some point? He's not as grating as I remember back in beta.

He's no beast of burden

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Attorney at Funk posted:

The Elementalist art looks like a discarded concept art for an mtg planeswalker to me, while the Necromancer art looks like actual concept art for an mtg planeswalker

You can't just call every portrait concept art for MtG Planeswalkers :colbert:

KirbyKhan posted:

Requesting "talk poo poo/get hit" gif of the maurauder, TIA.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Dr. Despair posted:

I'd hate to play this game without sound, there are way too many audio cues warning you that you're about to get die if you don't do something.

That may be why I hate boss fights a lot, yeah.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

The witch is consistently an evil sassy witch and I love her

The witch and the shadow are bffs, dropping sick burns on people (both literal and figurative) and hi-fiving each other over it.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Shadow will always be my Anime Husbando

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
:v: "Thaumaturgy just keeps getting the better of you, doesn't it, Voll?"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Duck and Cover posted:

That show poisoned television. No longer do they have to bother to try and write something good when they can just shove as many mysterious things into a show. (that will probably never be satisfyingly answered/explored) AAHHHHHHhhh.

stop watching network television outside of non laugh track comedies.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Duelist also has all the best lines. He remains a pompous rear end in the face of exile, crawling through flesh tunnels and the giant buttholes, etc.

Why are there so many of them

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
My favorite thing about Duelist is listening to him catch his breath for thirty seconds after every boss fight.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Speaking of Duelists, I like how, apparently according to Vagan, most of Daresso's best fights ended with one of the competitors immediately being exploded by lightning from twenty feet away.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Arrhythmia posted:

Speaking of Duelists, I like how, apparently according to Vagan, most of Daresso's best fights ended with one of the competitors immediately being exploded by lightning from twenty feet away.

Funny, this is how most of my fights with him turn out too. :v:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

Just got surprised with Abaxoth in a +AoE, resistance penetrating node and now I feel how Vagan feels.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how downright insane the Witch is.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wonder if they're ever going to add PC voice lines for Acts 5 and on. I'd love to hear the Templar's take on working with literally Satan.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I seem to recall reading they're planning on it, they just didn't want to hold up the release of the latter acts because of it.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Everyone except for Sin, Zana and maybe Templar are evil and insane and deserve what happens to them. Oh and Nessa and maybe a few other act NPC's.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I really, really hope they do add the voicework, and I have since 3.0 dropped. I know it's not actually affecting the game in any mechanical way, but I'd really like to hear the Marauder's reaction to "yeah let's go get Kitava up in here", or the Templar's to Sin being a chill bro, or the Witch's to everything.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Templar served the Order in Oriath for most of his life so he's hardly innocent (pun intended).

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

stop watching network television outside of non laugh track comedies.

You think it hasn't spread everywhere? Handmaid's Tale (Hulu) is guilty, as is Into the Badlands (AMC) and The Colony (USA). The Showtime/HBOs strategy tends to be just adding breasts and calling it a day.

I am grateful for POE allowing me to be blissfully unaware of it's story. D3 shoved it's terrible story down your throat with unskippable cutscenes.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Duck and Cover posted:

I am grateful for POE allowing me to be blissfully unaware of it's story. D3 shoved it's terrible story down your throat with ARROGANT NEPHALEM, MY SERVANTS WILL- ENOUGH! THE DARK POWER OF- ARROGANT NEPHALEM- ENOUGH! THE
e: seriously, one of my favorite things blizz has done is give the Crusader in Heroes of the Storm a line to Azmodan that's just "No telling them our plans this time! I mean it! Not a word!"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love PoE's story and undeniably the best part about it indeed is how it allows you to be blissfully unaware of it.

Granted, it might sound like a downside to some, since what triggered this entire lore discussion is that one of the diablo refugees asked if there was a plot because he was underwhelmed at the lack of one, but I really think "subdued" is the way to go with ARPGs.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I wouldn't make plot an in-your-face thing in any game that's meant to be played more than once.

My Shark Waifuu
Dec 9, 2012

I'm about to attempt Shaper for the first time and would appreciate any tips on how to get my Soulwrest CI witch into the best possible shape: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shark_Waifuu/characters I've got a few ex to play with, plus more if I decide to liquidate the Timeworn Reliquary key I found. Any hot tips?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Baneling Butts posted:

I'm about to attempt Shaper for the first time and would appreciate any tips on how to get my Soulwrest CI witch into the best possible shape: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Shark_Waifuu/characters I've got a few ex to play with, plus more if I decide to liquidate the Timeworn Reliquary key I found. Any hot tips?

Should be fairly easy to find a much better body armour for that amount of money. And if you can cover the resists somewhere, consider trying out bated breath for the massive es recharge

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delve/PZkMsL

there's quite a few options there with room for dex crafting.

Fake-edit: Looking at it, you should be able to upgrade all your ES pieces fairly significantly either by buying already made items or by buying a bunch of dense fossils and crafting them yourself. I would recommend the second option but the first one is good too.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Dance Officer posted:

Everyone except for Sin, Zana and maybe Templar are evil and insane and deserve what happens to them. Oh and Nessa and maybe a few other act NPC's.

Yeena is probably the most consistently good natured NPC and she tells you not to trust Sin. Also Zana is by her own admission being changed (s h a p e d ? ? ?) by frequent Map exposure and Nessa is probably the new Brine Queen in Tsoatha or something

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

theshim posted:

e: seriously, one of my favorite things blizz has done is give the Crusader in Heroes of the Storm a line to Azmodan that's just "No telling them our plans this time! I mean it! Not a word!"

I fought the spider queen a bunch on inferno (before the nerf with what I'd consider inadequate gear) and every time I'd hear Witch Doctor proclaim Spider queen?! This was on top of hearing it at least 3 times before once for each difficulty.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Elentor posted:

The very beginning of the game as you select a class is basically you, a person who lived in a normal society, being exiled for your crimes. You've been sent on a death sentence and you don't exactly know how that death is gonna be, presumably you'll die of "natural" causes in the new continent. Everything you see (the gems that you equip, the undead) have a reason to be there. Your first bad guy is Piety who apparently is a representative of the people who sentenced you and she is in your shithole of a continent, and she's quarrelling you and the other exiles into the beaches with zombies and monsters and cursed creatures by blocking the way inland, and you're trying to mutually help the other exiles (the fact that the currency system is based on a "bargain" system with no centralized currency reflects the lore) so finding a way inland and figuring out why Piety is doing that or what is she doing in Wraeclast is your first big mystery.
For this reason I actually think the new Oriath login screen is a mistake. The old one of the ship in the rain sailing towards Wraeclast sets up the story in the first two acts really well. Also the character select screen in the ship's hold. It all lets you know that you've been Very Naughty™ and you're being transported to New Zealand Wraeclast as punishment.