Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1059853859282149379

Skyrims seems to be an official unit of measurement now :thunk:

he shows EK too small, and is only showing like 1/4th of the WOW world. very misleading fake news. SAD

Edit: paying taxxes

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Let me know if you (or anyone here really) has a spare beta key. I'm always up for something different, even if it's bad. (Not Star Citizen.)

Check your PMs

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Hav posted:

Check your PMs

You are a gentleman and a scholar.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

MedicineHut posted:

e: Also, patch loving "aa" :laffo:

AA is the one where you admit that you’re powerless and have really hosed things up?

So, perfect.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Mu77ley posted:

That *cathunk* sound is the magnetic grab landing pad things firing, not the sound of your ship hitting the deck. That's why it fires shortly before you're gently aligned and lowered to the deck.

Yeah, it's this. You'd have to be high to not notice this.

Hobold posted:

Or, here me out here, Or they've just done a fantastically poo poo job at syncing the audio to the animations/events. Again.

Oh, are you high right now?

Edit:

gently caress you thread why are you moving so fast

If someone wonders what this was about, it was a discussion about Elite

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Libluini posted:

gently caress you thread why are you moving so fast

Yes, we move faster than the development.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/1059853859282149379

Skyrims seems to be an official unit of measurement now :thunk:

If there's one thing the Lethalities of the world have taught me it is that your game can be literally vapor and jpegs and there are still morons out there who will hype it as long as you make your numbers bigger than the last big thing.

EvilMerlin posted:

Well other than the fact the other games are actually you know... out right now...

did you just drop a burn on Star Citizen or is that a defense

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

Just mentioning Star Citizen, even obliquely, can never be anything but a burn.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Scruffpuff posted:

Just mentioning Star Citizen, even obliquely, can never be anything but a burn.

True but I think he's trying to say that Citizers aren't mad because the game isn't technically "out" and is therefor immune to criticism

Even though there's a playable game that's been there for years, and they aren't really making much progress year over year, and you can pay money for items in it right now and the head of the company came out on stage and said it's basically out

No it's fine I'm sure all of the commandos who stomp a new mudhole into anyone who so much as looks at the game funny will turn right around and nod solemnly at the loving firestorm of criticism that it generates the day CIG drops it and shuffles off like a drunk leaving a back alley pants-turd.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

True but I think he's trying to say that Citizers aren't mad because the game isn't technically "out" and is therefor immune to criticism

Even though there's a playable game that's been there for years, and they aren't really making much progress year over year, and you can pay money for items in it right now and the head of the company came out on stage and said it's basically out

No it's fine I'm sure all of the commandos who stomp a new mudhole into anyone who so much as looks at the game funny will turn right around and nod solemnly at the loving firestorm of criticism that it generates the day CIG drops it and shuffles off like a drunk leaving a back alley pants-turd.

Everything they've shown is objectively hot poo poo and, unlike Rorschach tests, your intellect can pretty much be determined outright by whether or not you think Star Citizen, as it stands in 2018, is good. Or if you think Chris Roberts, in 2018, is talented. This was forgivable a few years back - now, not so much. You're talking about a man who thinks he's in an "org."

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I like to think in the future shrinks will hold up concept jpeg concepts in front of patients.

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Sarsapariller posted:

Just because I backed the game, doesn't mean I'm happy I'm still waiting for the game...

EvilMerlin
Apr 10, 2018

Meh.

Give it a try...

Sarsapariller posted:

Not making much progress? WUT?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

I like to think in the future shrinks will hold up concept jpeg concepts in front of patients.

If they don't recognize the picture they're normal. If they laugh hysterically they're normal and given a gift certificate to the retail outlet of their choice. If they say "OMG, that's from Star Citizen, let me tell you about this incredible "IP" from a known fraud who..." it's a lifetime in lockup, I'm afraid.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

EvilMerlin posted:

Crusader was released in 2015. It has been 3 years. In that time they have added:

* Moons
* A whole lot of ships where only the pilot's station is fully implemented and nothing else is remotely done
* A couple of quest givers that don't work 80% of the time
* In-game trading consoles that do not work 70% of the time and an economy that is completely broken
* 7-8 FPS enemies that don't work 50% of the time
* Pirates you can fight except hey guess what they don't work a lot of the time
* Random interception by NPC's, then they took it out again because it broke everything
* Mining but only if you buy this one ship over here
* A new gas station
* New pipelines, so many new pipelines

---

I would not call this substantial development of DLC in a released game, much less a game in full-time development with hundreds of devs working round-the-clock to pump it out, making it immune from all criticism.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

EvilMerlin posted:

play this patch, not the whatever magical dev build yall play in your mind

it stinks and there's not much there and they are years and years and years behind schedule

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

If they don't recognize the picture they're normal. If they laugh hysterically they're normal and given a gift certificate to the retail outlet of their choice. If they say "OMG, that's from Star Citizen, let me tell you about this incredible "IP" from a known fraud who..." it's a lifetime in lockup, I'm afraid.

Yeah, but the deal is they hold up a blank piece of paper and make the patient pledge to see what they want.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, but the deal is they hold up a blank piece of paper and make the patient pledge to see what they want.

Sounds like Chris Roberts has a future as a psychologist.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Amazing song parodies. And surely something can be done with Tubthumping.

the game GLITCHED OUT
i load it up again
my mama heard me crying loud
the game GLITCHED OUT
i load it up again
my mama heard my crying loud

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Scruffpuff posted:

Sounds like Chris Roberts has a future as a psychologist.

You know, I think this might be one nutball case where they haven't had lore on this particular profession.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

space-X-chicken posted:

the game GLITCHED OUT
i load it up again
the game GLITCHED OUT
i load it up again

I think we can safely keep the "pissing the night away" part.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Hav posted:

Check your PMs

The June 2010 DirectX Redist dependency is always a good sign.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

is this a real game or is this just fantasy? cash in a landslide for an escape from reality. open your eyes, look up to the skies and see. i'm just a poor chris, i need your piety. because i'm easy come, easy go, always high, sometimes low. any way i get blow doesn't really matter to me.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

The June 2010 DirectX Redist dependency is always a good sign.

Aaaand it's offline, after all that. :shrug: And I was just about to join an "org" of impotent inbred manchildren and send pledge money to a lying fraud. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone these days.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Ghostlight posted:

is this a real game or is this just fantasy? cash in a landslide for an escape from reality. open your eyes, look up to the skies and see. i'm just a poor chris, i need your piety. because i'm easy come, easy go, always high, sometimes low. any way i get blow doesn't really matter to me.

mama, i just billed a fan.
put a jpeg in his hand.
thats my swagger, now he's mad.
mama, knives made of polygons...

ok enough with the creativity

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

space-X-chicken posted:

the game GLITCHED OUT
i load it up again
the game GLITCHED OUT
i load it up again

He flies a terrapin, he flies a hammerhead
he flies a hurricane, he flies a Polaris
He gapes the ship that remind him of Privateer,
he glitches out to be the wing commander.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Scruffpuff posted:

Once there was this boy who
Said that he could make a game and got 200 million
But when peeps finally logged in
They saw that everything was hot garbage
He said that it was because
Making games was so hard

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

Once there was this girl who
Was married to the boy except they hid the fact from people
But when the people found out
She said that it was never a secret
And then she got up on stage
And sung a Nazi anthem

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

But both the girl and boy were glad
'Cause one boy had it worse than that

'Cause then there was this boy who
Ate so much and got so fat that he could hardly move
And when he tried to diet
The girl gave him 5 boxes of donuts
And then he promptly ate them
And then he went septic

Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm
Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm

This owns so hard. Can someone who can actually sing record a version of it? There's a karaoke version here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISOCazd8Itw

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Scruffpuff posted:

Aaaand it's offline, after all that. :shrug: And I was just about to join an "org" of impotent inbred manchildren and send pledge money to a lying fraud. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone these days.

November 8th, 2-8pm Eastern. That’s supposed to be the last day, but i suspect that they might add more because the buzz has been ‘muted’ and they really need some word of mouth.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Sarsapariller posted:

Crusader was released in 2015. It has been 3 years. In that time they have added:

* Moons
* A whole lot of ships where only the pilot's station is fully implemented and nothing else is remotely done
* A couple of quest givers that don't work 80% of the time
* In-game trading consoles that do not work 70% of the time and an economy that is completely broken
* 7-8 FPS enemies that don't work 50% of the time
* Pirates you can fight except hey guess what they don't work a lot of the time
* Random interception by NPC's, then they took it out again because it broke everything
* Mining but only if you buy this one ship over here
* A new gas station
* New pipelines, so many new pipelines

---

I would not call this substantial development of DLC in a released game, much less a game in full-time development with hundreds of devs working round-the-clock to pump it out, making it immune from all criticism.

That's.... a bloody good summary list, and I'm struggling to think what else they did add :ohdear:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

Knock off a week for christmas/hannukah.

And another week for Chris going on holiday and throwing out all the work done in his absence as soon as he returns

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Quavers posted:

That's.... a bloody good summary list, and I'm struggling to think what else they did add :ohdear:

Bugs. Geometrically.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

I've programmed my computer to tell me when it's time to shitpost.

Beep.

Does that mean your computer just beeps continuously 24 hours/day? Sounds rather annoying, if you ask me

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

It's...weird.

If the single-player games are a sandbox, this is more a themepark. All interaction with story is through terminals and tapes; there are _events_ within the world that you appear to get poo poo from even if you're only in the area. Eating and drinking is required.

I don't know much about the CAMP, I left mine on a cliffside somewhere after finding that you can only move it.

Griefing is endemic already; looting boxes can flag you for PvP, and there's been some light hacking - today's BETA is going to be interesting simply because the news broke overnight, and there are already extant mods for it.

The world appears to be instanced, too, but I don't know much about it. I've been loving around walking, crafting and otherwise shooting at poo poo.

I'm entirely on the fence about refunding at the moment, because I'm still looking for some hook other than joining up with a zerg. There's a lot of hidden bits and pieces, and rushing around murdering mobs is more FPS than the source material requires, IMO.

Count on Bethesda to make wonky stuff. I'm pretty sure that they mostly just shoved in basic network functionality into the Fallout 4 engine, as it still has the old issue with things like the chameleon leather armor pieces giving you cloaking that makes your Pip-boy almost unreadable.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Bofast posted:

Does that mean your computer just beeps continuously 24 hours/day? Sounds rather annoying, if you ask me

Our uncle, staring at an Apple II punching in codes on some weird island when SC is brought up.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ghostlight posted:

Croberian Rhapsody?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://i.imgur.com/8vfqwul.gifv

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

CIG leading the industry once again with NEW Cloud Tech (tm)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Morphix posted:

CIG leading the industry once again with NEW Cloud Tech™

(Picture unrelated.)

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Scruffpuff posted:

(Picture unrelated.)

It's The Cloud Tech

Of course it's related goonie, 75% Memory Savings!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Chipmunks! They're just like us!