Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DoctorGonzo posted:

why the gently caress they are pushing baron corbin of all people

He's tall, homegrown and can sorta talk.

I remember when I was sorta getting behind Baron Corbin back on 2016 SmackDown. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Baron Corbin has been better ever since he shaved his head.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

fatherofmustard posted:

Baron Corbin has been better ever since he shaved his head.

Character-wise, sure, but he's still just as generic and uninteresting in the ring as ever.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I always feel like he should be handing me one of those rumble coasters and telling me it'll vibrate when my table is ready

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Baron Corbin was always bad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the deep six is a good move

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
End of Days is good. Deep Six is good. His ran outside, then ran back inside and lariat is good. His chokeslam backbreaker is good.

He has a bunch of offense that looks and feels super impactful, but no way to tie it into a cohesive story.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

shiksa posted:

the deep six is a good move

I will concede this point

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Baron is another example of the performance center's lovely training. Imagine how good he could be with an excursion to Japan and Mexico

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I’d rather not think about Cody Hall

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently Nikki got called up today at the tapings.

And the rest of Sanity showed up too. Remember them?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently Nikki got called up today at the tapings.

And the rest of Sanity showed up too. Remember them?

With Nikki or are they keeping them separate?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She answers an open challenge Becky makes and Sanity accompanies her.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Good now Sanity can job to both men and women

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Nikki Cross literally debuted to tap to Becky?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

Good now Sanity can job to both men and women

Well good news. Becky pretty much squashed Nikki Cross in like 6 minutes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm glad they kept Nikki cross down in developmental for six extra months so they could have her get beat in her debut in front of 3000 people

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aphrodite posted:

She answers an open challenge Becky makes and Sanity accompanies her.

That’s good to hear. Looks like this will be similar to AoP where they intro’d them with no plans then had to take them off TV and do a soft reboot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was basically her NXT role anyway.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Smackdown Women's Survivor Series team: Charlotte, Carmella, Sonya, Naomi, and Asuka.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I'm thinking they brought her out now because she's Scottish and they are in the UK. That's probably the extent of the thought they put into it.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

A 6 minute tv match isn't a squash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bradzilla posted:

A 6 minute tv match isn't a squash.

The spoilers also say it wasn't a squash.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Smackdown Women's Survivor Series team: Charlotte, Carmella, Sonya, Naomi, and Asuka.

Sonya with no Mandy is interesting. Maybe they're trying to get her more exposure before Shayna comes up and does the same gimmick but better.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Julio Cruz posted:

Sonya with no Mandy is interesting. Maybe they're trying to get her more exposure before Shayna comes up and does the same gimmick but better.

Nah, Mandy came out later in the night in place of Charlotte and people are reading way too much into it thinking that Team Smackdown will lose as a result (its almost certainly a storyline).

Yeah no. If Smackdown wins the 5 vs 5, then Becky is losing at Survivor Series.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Having someone come in and lose to the champ, especially as a heel, is really bad writing even if it isn't a squash. How is a 6 minute loss going to make anyone who doesn't watch NXT give a gently caress?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gumball Gumption posted:

Having someone come in and lose to the champ, especially as a heel, is really bad writing even if it isn't a squash. How is a 6 minute loss going to make anyone who doesn't watch NXT give a gently caress?

Yup. It's amazing watching Becky fans try to spin this as a positive. The match should have never been run if that was the case.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah no. If Smackdown wins the 5 vs 5, then Becky is losing at Survivor Series.

becky losing is happening regardless of anything in the universe barring ronda forgetting to kick out

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup. It's amazing watching Becky fans try to spin this as a positive. The match should have never been run if that was the case.

I definitely didn't say it's good. Nikki should've gotten a win against like Naomi or someone. I only said Nikki didn't get squashed.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

its not a squash but its burying nikki when the division is in desperate need of actual heels

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

booky no worky

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Raskolnikov38 posted:

becky losing is happening regardless of anything in the universe barring ronda forgetting to kick out

Roman did that and they just blamed Foley.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lmao thank you for reminding me of mick foley: judger of tables

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

I didn’t say it’s good I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that you were lying about it for some reason.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

I didn’t say it’s good I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that you were lying about it for some reason.

Oh its not you, its a large number of Becky fans in general.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nikki Cross got over because of character work, not the amount of matches she won in NXT

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Nikki Cross got over because of character work, not the amount of matches she won in NXT

Also the number of secrets she knows. Admittedly, it was just the one, but boy was it a good one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
This is also pretty obviously like when Dunne wrestled Enzo on Raw. Not a call-up, but a "hey, we're in the UK, let's give them a local girl to cheer". It would've been Paige if her neck wasn't made of glass now.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Would the average Englishman even consider a Scot to be "the local girl" any more than an Irishwoman? Might as well bring in Mark Andrews to job for Drew McIntyre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ThePariah posted:

Would the average Englishman even consider a Scot to be "the local girl" any more than an Irishwoman? Might as well bring in Mark Andrews to job for Drew McIntyre.

You go to war with the army you have, OK?