Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Lord, it's like we've slipped back into late 90s. RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
there's plenty of 3ds CIA websites out there that are pretty trivial to find

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
:filez::fuckoff:

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
If you're being serious, no one cares

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem
Lol yeah we stopped giving a poo poo about that years ago. It’s probably just bad form to hotlink files directly.

Anyway I think the biggest one is called 3DS ISO.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a decent apple ii emulator for the 3ds?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

lol

I've had someone upload a whole film to Google Drive and post a link in a thread before when I asked where to purchase a copy digitally; no one cares.

Thanks to everyone else, I'll give those sites a go if need be!

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
I care to think of all the hours I wasted dumping my own DS carts using the slow, lovely WiFi dumper that failed half-way through most of the time.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

lol

I've had someone upload a whole film to Google Drive and post a link in a thread before when I asked where to purchase a copy digitally; no one cares.

Thanks to everyone else, I'll give those sites a go if need be!

I do care and would prefer that nobody directly link to pirated files in this thread, please.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You got it.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
They guy was getting mad about a discussion, no one would be dumb enough to post links

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
My n3ds is on the latest Luma and the latest B9S. When I go to update the system from 11.7 to 11.8, I get a generic error that the update could not complete. I tried my home wifi and my mobile hotspot so it's not a wifi issue. Was I banned even though I never play my console online? Does Nintendo even ban you from system updates to begin with?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Someone ported xash3d to the Switch so now half life is playable and who knows what else soon

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nonviolent J posted:

Someone ported xash3d to the Switch so now half life is playable and who knows what else soon

Gaben port the Half Life and Portal series to switch you coward

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
The amount of homebrew open source ports is amazing for switch

doom
doom 2
final doom
doom 3
duke nukem 3d
quake
quake 2
quake 3
postal
half life

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

go away, cop

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Dont Hot Link To Rom`s, And Always Delete Them With In 24 Hours .

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Nonviolent J posted:

doom
doom 2
final doom
doom 3
duke nukem 3d
quake
quake 2
quake 3
postal
half life

There was a port of Ur-Quan Masters for the original Wii. Are they going to do that again for Switch?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
If the source code is available then all it takes is for someone to do it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Nonviolent J posted:

doom
doom 2
final doom
doom 3
duke nukem 3d
quake
quake 2
quake 3
postal
half life

this is basically a list that also exists for whatever TI calculator is powerful enough to run things kids can have fun playing while bored in a lovely-taught math class

approve!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The new YouTube app has been patched to completely bypass Nintendo's servers. Great news for people who are blocking Nintendo with dns settings to avoid getting banned and also idiots who already got themselves banned without realizing it would ruin jackbox

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
There's a fake .NSP going around of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu that is padded to be about the right size. It bricks your switch. Someone got mad about leaks and leaked a leak that bricks people I guess. Anyway if you have a NAND backup you can use RCM to boot into hekate and restore the backup and fix your bricked switch.

So just a heads up for people doing the :filez: thing.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MagusDraco posted:

There's a fake .NSP going around of Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu that is padded to be about the right size. It bricks your switch. Someone got mad about leaks and leaked a leak that bricks people I guess. Anyway if you have a NAND backup you can use RCM to boot into hekate and restore the backup and fix your bricked switch.

So just a heads up for people doing the :filez: thing.

Pokémon Let’s Brick Geodude

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

univbee posted:

Pokémon Let’s Brick Geodude

Pretty much. Also if you tried to convert the brick nsp to xci it'd also brick your switch.

vv this

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 14, 2018

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Everyone needs to have a NAND backup, it's easy to do and can save your console

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That guy is a dick. Didn't happen to me or anything, just very much a dick move even if the people downloading :filez: aren't in the right really either.

Sounds like it's a couple of high school kids though so I guess it's to be expected. drat kids! :corsair:

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Nov 14, 2018

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
It's pretty scary that they can disguise a bricker in any nsp/xci/nro

Vakal
May 11, 2008
That's why you always let any new release mellow for a few days, preferably a week.

Same goes for firmware updates in general. Legit or custom.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Vakal posted:

That's why you always let any new release mellow for a few days, preferably a week.

Same goes for firmware updates in general. Legit or custom.

This is the right idea along with making NAND backups before you install the thing since people are now talking about being able to put the brick code into a game that will run fine and then once it reaches X date it'll execute the brick code and kill your switch. I can definitely see some assholes doing this with Smash releases in a month just because they can.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Pokemon lets S̵̝͓̳̗̯͈͙̝̰̾̂͆͑ͪ̾ͧ͡T̮̺̥̬̱̣͍̗̩̣̯̗̯̈ͦͪͤ̾̒̀͢O̢̗̹̯͓͇͔̘̙͕̜͇͉̥ͫͭ̍̓ͯ͗̽̃̾̑ͨͮ͋̾ͬͪ̑̆͞͝P̸̤̙̮̪̣̲̞̮̾͆ͮ̇ͧͧ͒́̈́͆ͬͯ̔͢

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I remember a scare going around in the NDS days about a bricker. Did that one ever actually show up, or was that just a proof of concept?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
So is there some black magic wii hacking needed to to play WADS from an SD Card? The Wii's internal memory is so cramped I can't install more than like 5 N64 games, but when I move them to the SD card and try to launch they fail.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Strange Matter posted:

So is there some black magic wii hacking needed to to play WADS from an SD Card? The Wii's internal memory is so cramped I can't install more than like 5 N64 games, but when I move them to the SD card and try to launch they fail.

important edit: Also none of this works on a wii u you will brick your vWii if you try this on a wii u

You need to patch the system menu ios (the easiest way to do this is too use dop-mii) but you ALSO need to be absolutely sure you haven't installed priiloader/preloader before this point 'cause well it'll take exception to doing this and brick your wii. If you have installed priiloader/preloader you need to reinstall it before turning your wii off or you won't be able to get the wii to work and priiloader will just give a "system files are corrupt" message each time you boot.

edit: some basic info about dop-mii also has a small guide on how to patch your system menu ios

Be careful though since messing around with dop-mii has the potential to brick your wii if you damage the system menu ios file (ios80 system menu for 4.3) or if you like downgrade to an older system menu but don't also fix the older system menu ios files so they work again.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 16, 2018

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

MagusDraco posted:

important edit: Also none of this works on a wii u you will brick your vWii if you try this on a wii u

You need to patch the system menu ios (the easiest way to do this is too use dop-mii) but you ALSO need to be absolutely sure you haven't installed priiloader/preloader before this point 'cause well it'll take exception to doing this and brick your wii. If you have installed priiloader/preloader you need to reinstall it before turning your wii off or you won't be able to get the wii to work and priiloader will just give a "system files are corrupt" message each time you boot.

edit: some basic info about dop-mii also has a small guide on how to patch your system menu ios

Be careful though since messing around with dop-mii has the potential to brick your wii if you damage the system menu ios file (ios80 system menu for 4.3) or if you like downgrade to an older system menu but don't also fix the older system menu ios files so they work again.
This seems like playing with fire, especially since the whole point of priiloader is to shield you from bricking in the first place. Is there any alternative, any way to give a wii more memory for this sort of thing? Is that what USB Loader is for?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Strange Matter posted:

This seems like playing with fire, especially since the whole point of priiloader is to shield you from bricking in the first place. Is there any alternative, any way to give a wii more memory for this sort of thing? Is that what USB Loader is for?

I mean not really. You just have to uninstall priiloader. Install the patched system menu ios (which you could always just use mod mii to grab and patch for you. Then you'd install it with multi wad manager or whatever it's called) and then reinstall priiloader afterwards.

There's no other way to make VC and WiiWare that you don't have the license for work on your sd card without patching the system menu IOS file

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

MagusDraco posted:

I mean not really. You just have to uninstall priiloader. Install the patched system menu ios (which you could always just use mod mii to grab and patch for you. Then you'd install it with multi wad manager or whatever it's called) and then reinstall priiloader afterwards.

There's no other way to make VC and WiiWare that you don't have the license for work on your sd card without patching the system menu IOS file
Gotcha. I'll ponder my life choices to see if this is something I want to try.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Are you trying to load like VC wads from SD? If they're custom forwarders or whatever, I could see an issue, but VC shouldn't need an ios update. Are the WADS you're trying to load forwarders or complete files?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Lord Frisk posted:

Are you trying to load like VC wads from SD? If they're custom forwarders or whatever, I could see an issue, but VC shouldn't need an ios update. Are the WADS you're trying to load forwarders or complete files?
As far as I know they are complete files. I had to install custom IOSes to install the but otherwise they run off the Wii just like normal VC games.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Strange Matter posted:

USB Loader GX is for wii and gamecube isos but I believe it will play Wii wads too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Due to how the wii loads games from the sd card it won't load fakesigned wiiware or VC games on the sd card. That's just how it is and the only fix was re-enabling the truchabug by patching the system menu ios.

I've dug some more to see if there's another way to do this and there apparently is now but the other way is "gently caress it let's setup emunand for your wii because then the wii nand is much much much bigger than 512MB so you have enough space you don't even need to mess around with the sd card menu"

usbloader GX can then load wad files from that emunand but I've never messed around with sneek/whatever else developed beyond sneek for wii emunand things

I don't think usbloader GX can launch wads without an emunand setup but could be wrong. It's been awhile since I turned my wii on

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 16, 2018