Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/hillaryrshah/status/1059875898781036545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Water Resistant
Jul 10, 2003

Going back through their 2016 Twitter feed

9AM:
2016: 17,700
2018: 17,364

11AM:
2016: 36,874
2018: 34,647

1PM:
2016: 51,000
2018: 53,749

3PM:
2016: 65,000
2018: 70,923

5PM:
2016: 79,000

And this is after just falling slightly short of 2016 early voting levels. 😲

Water Resistant fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 6, 2018

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1059911424217112576

Hell yah

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
"you should have gone to class and then voted"

No, Voting Day should be a federal holiday so people don't have to make these kinds of decisions.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1059928782084149248

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

The only endorsement that matters

https://twitter.com/hunterschwarz/status/1059930913331732485?s=21

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/TomPauken/status/1059927521217650690

Same

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

+1 for Beto et al in Collin County

There was exactly one dude ahead of me at the sleepy elementary school I went to, and I was in and out in five minutes

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Get shook, swine

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think high turnout might mean a closer race, but I think it also means Republicans got out and voted too, probably enough to get Ted past the finish line.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

General Dog posted:

I think high turnout might mean a closer race, but I think it also means Republicans got out and voted too, probably enough to get Ted past the finish line.

This is what I'm worried about. These numbers are so high though. The amount of first time voters (from other states, don't recall texas numbers offhand) and how much they seem to be breaking democratic is really good. I'm cautiously optimistic about Beto.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

A man on my bus was ranting about how the CIA killed MLK and the caravan was funded by “Hungarian Jew” George Soros so it’s looking bad for Beto

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
I know that us Texas Democrats are a pessimistic bunch, but I think this is the one, Beto has the fire and momentum in this race, and the participation numbers are definitely what he needed to win it.

I know that anecdote isn't data but the community center behind my house is the local polling location and when I looked around 11am there was a decent sized line. It was gone when I passed it around 1:30pm but was back again when I drove by again at 4pm.

When checking out at Costco we were behind a woman in her Beto t-shirt and the cashiers, her my wife and I all had a bit of a bonding moment over hoping to bring this home.

I was thinking about it last night, trying to decide if my belief that Beto is going to win was really based on something real or if I'm just engaging in confirmation bias because I want it to happen so badly.

But I really think that it's going to happen. Not only that I think that the Democrats are going to out perform expectations.

And here is why, western liberal values, tolerance, civility, equality, social and economic justice, the values of the Democratic party are the dominant cultural values.

50+ years of media and cultural programming, movies, books, television and video entertainment all promoting and celebrating those values.

59 plus years of culture that depicts people behaving like the Republicans are today as the villains.

We've been programmed culturally to recognize this behavior as bad guy behavior. And because of that I believe that the people will show up and do the right thing.

Specifically regarding Beto his path to victory has always relied on breaking the likely voter models and bringing new voters to the polls and every indication so far is pointing to exactly that happening.

I really don't see there being a massive mobilization to save Cruz and Trump so if a bunch of new voters are coming out they are most likely for Beto.

gently caress it :toxx: Beto will be the next junior Senator from Texas.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Skex posted:

:eyepop:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
lol

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I'm definitely calling in hungover sick tomorrow

https://twitter.com/MWatkinsTrib/status/1059943812083126272

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Skex posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Skex posted:

I know that us Texas Democrats are a pessimistic bunch, but I think this is the one, Beto has the fire and momentum in this race, and the participation numbers are definitely what he needed to win it.

I know that anecdote isn't data but the community center behind my house is the local polling location and when I looked around 11am there was a decent sized line. It was gone when I passed it around 1:30pm but was back again when I drove by again at 4pm.

When checking out at Costco we were behind a woman in her Beto t-shirt and the cashiers, her my wife and I all had a bit of a bonding moment over hoping to bring this home.

I was thinking about it last night, trying to decide if my belief that Beto is going to win was really based on something real or if I'm just engaging in confirmation bias because I want it to happen so badly.

But I really think that it's going to happen. Not only that I think that the Democrats are going to out perform expectations.

And here is why, western liberal values, tolerance, civility, equality, social and economic justice, the values of the Democratic party are the dominant cultural values.

50+ years of media and cultural programming, movies, books, television and video entertainment all promoting and celebrating those values.

59 plus years of culture that depicts people behaving like the Republicans are today as the villains.

We've been programmed culturally to recognize this behavior as bad guy behavior. And because of that I believe that the people will show up and do the right thing.

Specifically regarding Beto his path to victory has always relied on breaking the likely voter models and bringing new voters to the polls and every indication so far is pointing to exactly that happening.

I really don't see there being a massive mobilization to save Cruz and Trump so if a bunch of new voters are coming out they are most likely for Beto.

you're gonna die, homie, but I respect you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Good luck i guess

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Water Resistant posted:

Going back through their 2016 Twitter feed

9AM:
2016: 17,700
2018: 17,364

11AM:
2016: 36,874
2018: 34,647

1PM:
2016: 51,000
2018: 53,749

3PM:
2016: 65,000
2018: 70,923

5PM:
2016: 79,000

And this is after just falling slightly short of 2016 early voting levels. 😲

https://twitter.com/TravisCoClerk/status/1059945173139030019

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Skex posted:

I envy your optimism.

sexpig by night posted:

you're gonna die, homie, but I respect you

Sexpig said it better.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
I mean if we elected senators based on the strength of their narrative Beto would be a shoo-in. Unfortunately though it's based on votes, and Texas is a big state with a lot of cylons. It would have to be some kind of miracle.

Here's to hoping.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Captain Monkey posted:

I envy your optimism.

Sexpig said it better.

same

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TXElects/status/1059940322824863744

Get shook, swine

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Beto

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is that with or without early ballots?

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Election season has been a big rallying point amongst my cousins/aunts/uncles.

+22 for Beto amongst the Texas contingency.

:cheers:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Skex posted:

Shine on you crazy diamond.

I hope you are right of course.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hopin' this means lots of youths and fewer old lovely boomers and chuds.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
election night mood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GJMeaHEHI4

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Listening to some Robert Earl on vinyl. No. 2 Live Dinner finally got a vinyl release. And bout to cook up a bourbon of some sort or maybe a margarita or Pimm's or some poo poo.

Don't gently caress my mood, election!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

oh poo poo i forgot to vote

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Sir Tonk posted:

oh poo poo i forgot to vote

good news, you've got at least 50 minutes left

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Vigo County is leaning on blue. That’s a good indicator for how the full nation is leaning. Take it with a grain of salt but they’ve been a bellwether for decades

Still nervous as all hell

Edit gently caress wrong thread sorry folks. :sigh:

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 7, 2018

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Anyone know the relative turnout (early voting and today) in the valley?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

FBS posted:

good news, you've got at least 50 minutes left

nah im busy watching election coverage

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

nah im busy watching election coverage

It's cool I voted dozens of times across Texas this morning before work so I got you covered.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

ReidRansom posted:

It's cool I voted dozens of times across Texas this morning before work so I got you covered.

:hf:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Skex posted:

you set that car in cruz control and drove it off a cliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

ReidRansom posted:

I'm a California liberal who's driven to Texas with busloads of illegal immigrants to help you guys out. We got this!