Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

game of thrones is insanely popular and its basically the same thing but more boring
I got paid to write an analysis of Battle of the Bastards in Spanish. I ended up using that money to max out both my bus and subway pass cards. I still feel like I got ripped off.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Agronox posted:

Trump’s America

"..."

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

I also want to follow davincie around and dig out
pit traps in his way for an entire day animal crossing style but the heart cant always get what it wants.

you can't lay traps for the man that just trapped you in another goblin slayer discussion

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I'm just gonna politely request that you please not make a political discussion in the ADTRW Seasonal Anime Thread at this time. Thanks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I got paid to write an analysis of Battle of the Bastards in Spanish. I ended up using that money to max out both my bus and subway pass cards. I still feel like I got ripped off.
who paid you for this and why

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

who paid you for this and why
Local paper. You'd be surprised how lazy some entertainment writers are and how lucrative ghost-writing can be as long as you know your way around orthography and can sorta ape their style.

I sorta miss it because writing, even if it's outside your "area", can often teach you neat tricks.

Wark Say fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 6, 2018

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

It's a show about a guy who slaughters subhuman Others who are raping our women. I don't think it's unreasonable to wonder whether its popularity is a symptom of the same racist and fascist tendencies that get far-right politicians elected.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Shut da gently caress up.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

you can't lay traps for the man that just trapped you in another goblin slayer discussion

I'm getting my bug net ready, prepare thyself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not everything in the world you dont like can be traced back to the bad man. controversial opinion.

Wark Say posted:

Local paper. You'd be surprised how lazy some entertainment writers are and how lucrative ghost-writing can be as long as you know your way around orthography and can sorta ape their style.

I sorta miss it because writing, even if it's outside your "area", can often teach you neat tricks.
Ah yeah, that seems like it could be easy money. Fair enough.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Saying Game of Thrones (good old GoT, insanely boring recent past GoT, or basically self-parody current GoT) is the same as Goblinslayer requires a really impressive refusal to engage with a work critically.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Saying Game of Thrones (good old GoT, insanely boring recent past GoT, or basically self-parody current GoT) is the same as Goblinslayer requires a really impressive refusal to engage with a work critically.

Agreed. Its rather unfair to goblin slayer

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

critically engage with THIS work *does shadow boxing and flexes*

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Agreed. Its rather unfair to goblin slayer
Agreed, GoT is very bad, just very bad for very different reasons.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah I don't even like GoT and I'll still say that was a weird take

GoT is a fundamentally entertaining story badly marred by over-the-top edge, GS is basically nothing but over-the-top edge without the things that most GoT fans I know actually like about that show (ridiculous schemes piling on top of other schemes that in turn gently caress up OTHER schemes etc etc etc).

GoT's closest anime counterpart is probably Fate/zero, not GS (though it has F/z's problems way worse than that show does)

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

If we're talking strictly about the TV show, Fate Zero had the supreme luck to end after two seasons rather than being given several seasons worth of rope to hang itself with.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the high elf archer in goblin slayer is real good and also the lizard priest who worships dinosaurs and prays to Velociraptors and his ancient Iguanodon ancestors to cast spells

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

If we're talking strictly about the TV show, Fate Zero had the supreme luck to end after two seasons rather than being given several seasons worth of rope to hang itself with.

Fate/Zero sort of did have several more seasons, though, between Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Apocrypha, and Fate/Extra Last Encore.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

*nodding*

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
lol

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Silver2195 posted:

Fate/Zero sort of did have several more seasons, though, between Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Apocrypha, and Fate/Extra Last Encore.

You have never watched/played/read a single fate/ work, have you?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Julias posted:

You have never watched/played/read a single fate/ work, have you?

I read the VN and watched the UBW and Zero animes, among other things. I know perfectly well that the Zero anime wasn't the start of the franchise. My point is that it wasn't the end of the franchise either.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gotta say piling a fate continuity discussion on top of a goblin slayer discussion is a pretty powerful move

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:cripes:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As a dirty Fate fan, I would give anything to go back to those halcyon days of not understanding Fate.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
being self-deprecating because you enjoy a franchise ftw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

As a dirty Fate fan, I would give anything to go back to those halcyon days of not understanding Fate.
this sucks, also

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

As an outside observer, I just want to know what Fate I need to watch to properly appreciate Today's Menu for the Emiya Family

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kwyndig posted:

As an outside observer, I just want to know what Fate I need to watch to properly appreciate Today's Menu for the Emiya Family
The 2014 Unlimited Blade Works series, to at least have a familiarity with the names. Otherwise, you can enjoy the COMF with no problems whatsoever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I still need to get around to Today's Menu, it looks great.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Waffleman_ posted:

I still need to get around to Today's Menu, it looks great.

You should do this chief.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just want my wizard and hero friends to be happy for once.

Also more Carnival.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For real. It's like they took one hard look at all things F/SN and said: "How about we just make a healing show?". And that's it. The only show comfier than it is literally called Laid-Back Camp in English. And maybe the one about the cute catboy. :kimchi:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I would also like a release date for Heaven's Feel 2, Aniplex.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Kwyndig posted:

It draws the most from F/HA which is only a VN at the moment if you're curious. F/HA is the best, more people should read it. Lots of fun Fate stuff that's taken for granted now originated from, or solidified in F/HA in general.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Wark Say posted:

For real. It's like they took one hard look at all things F/SN and said: "How about we just make a healing show?". And that's it. The only show comfier than it is literally called Laid-Back Camp in English. And maybe the one about the cute catboy. :kimchi:

Man I love me some Laid-Back Camp and I am super stoked for more Comfy with a movie and a second season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

being self-deprecating because you enjoy a franchise ftw

Buddy I ain't need a reason to be self-deprecating.

But yes please watch Fate cooking, it's good. Need one for the Extra crew now.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kwyndig posted:

Man I love me some Laid-Back Camp and I am super stoked for more Comfy with a movie and a second season.
:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So can I just jump into the Fate cooking show without any prior knowledge of the series except for the central concept? Never touched Fate before.