Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Apparently some polls are closed in Indiana and Kentucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

For perspective I also spent 2.5 years in 29 palms and still think Goodfellow was worse.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Texas people are all so excited about their state, and it's really nothing to write home about. The cities still don't offset the lovely boondocks. Also the Riverwalk is brown and there's garbage floating in it.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/numbersmuncher/status/1059947973046685696?s=21

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

People from coastal tech hubs find Austin charming because it's way better than they expected and also unlike where they're from, there's still some semblance of a middle class

(Also the food rocks)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BigDave posted:

If Cruz gets kicked to the curb, I will say that Dallas-Fort Worth has acceptable levels of traffic.

Toxx for it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

BigDave posted:

If Cruz gets kicked to the curb, I will say that Dallas-Fort Worth has acceptable levels of traffic.

BOO THIS MAN, BOO THIS MAN

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/1059948902802169856

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm so happy my parents got orders out of Shepherd before they had me. Yes, Missouri is an Improvement.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Took a moment :drat:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

thats a spicy take

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Idgi

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
If, after being called horrible poo poo by Trump, then turning around and sucking his dick, Ted Cruz lost his job because of said punk bitching, it would just be the funniest thing to happen in a long time.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A Texas newlywed couple died in a helicopter crash while leaving their wedding yesterday.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Holy poo poo

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Casimir Radon posted:

A Texas newlywed couple died in a helicopter crash while leaving their wedding yesterday.

Oh snap. Missed that story

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGcdYB8vF_c

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I just cracked open a cold one, it's only 3:49 here but gently caress it... I'm ready for this stupid voting poo poo show to begin.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Good luck you fuckers, we're watching all over the world.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

Countdown until Democrats switch from talking about how the Senate is anti-democratic and should be abolished to praising the Senate as the bastion of American ideals as soon as it goes blue.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Internet Wizard posted:

Countdown until Democrats switch from talking about how the Senate is anti-democratic and should be abolished to praising the Senate as the bastion of American ideals as soon as it goes blue.

Lol so basically 2006-2010

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
dems won't win the senate probably so it won't be an issue

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Internet Wizard posted:

Yeah before anyone gets too excited lets not forget that this is as good as we're likely going to get. gently caress, need that drink now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
my body is ready for two years of schumer and pelosi sucking off decorum/mitch mcconnell :discourse:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I was supposed to make up an exam today. Told the professor I studied more on voting than I did his test and didnt regret it. Offered to still take it but he laughed and told me to take it next week instead.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

my body is ready for two years of schumer and pelosi sucking off decorum/mitch mcconnell :discourse:

at which point the gop will retake the house and begin the cycle anew. congressional leadership continue to live in a money-fueled bubble

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It would be nice to feel something that isn't anger or disappointment. The last 2 years have probably taken at least 5 off my lifespan.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

at which point the gop will retake the house and begin the cycle anew. congressional leadership continue to live in a money-fueled bubble

They'd have to lose it first.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones

There's been pushback about having her as Speaker again.

quote:

If you take Pelosi at her word, she’s planning on Democrats winning the majority and running for speaker again. But quite simply, winning 218 seats in November won’t be enough for that to happen. She’s going to need her party to win potentially dozens more to bookend her career with the gavel.

After the 2016 elections, Ohio Rep. Tim Ryan garnered 63 votes in his challenge to Pelosi for minority leader. (She received 134 votes.) And earlier this month, The Washington Post identified 10 Democratic contenders who would oppose her and 10 more who “conspicuously declined to express support for her.” Part of Pelosi’s power is the role she played in members getting elected and re-elected, but there is a potentially new crop of freshmen who won’t have that loyalty and can’t break a campaign promise with the first vote they take in Congress. It would be electoral suicide in the types of districts they’d be representing.

If at least 35 Democrats who opposed her in the last leadership race vote to oppose her again, and there are at least 15 new members who can’t support her because of their campaign rhetoric and districts, Democrats would have to gain at least 60 seats because Pelosi would need 218 votes to become speaker, and not just a majority of her party.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Ahahaha holy poo poo I went to school with the republican candidate for CT-03. I haven't talked to him in years but he was a really good guy. He's challenging Rosa DeLauro so his chances of winning are approximately 0.003% but still.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
man, I have a test tomorrow and I really can't concentrate on studying at all for it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Got invited to two different election results tonight but sitting them out for my own mental and liver health. Gonna hang out with Lando and spend my night playing video games instead. Tomorrow will let me know whether we inched back from the brink or whether I need to start organizing my neighborhood into an antifa militia.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Vasudus posted:

republican ... a really good guy.

This is 2018, so... no.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

republican ... good guy

not in 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Well I mean he's a hispanic immigrant so chances are he's a nevertrumper. But I haven't spoken to him since 2013-ish so maybe things changed, I don't know. It was just jarring to glance over the tracker and be like '...wait a loving minute is that...' and yep.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Motel 6 just settled on giving out hotel guest information to ICE:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/06/6647...0zMEg5HtthgsEbw

Also, remember that case where a detective tried to get a blood sample from an unconcious patient and arrested the nurse who prevented him? Well, he got fired after backlash and an Internal Investigation, and now he wants to sue the nurse.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/11/06/former-detective-jeff/?fbclid=IwAR027OgDxMfpidCkd5YcU3FaEmreEvzwD7jGPGOCOQ23zDpEr_vqPZRudy8

Yeah, this doesn't have 'power trip' written all over it.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 7, 2018

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

dang it, Beto.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Kim Davis, county clerk of "I don't file gay marriage certificate" fame just got voted out.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Kim Davis, county clerk of "I don't file gay marriage certificate" fame just got voted out.

She'll carry on no doubt :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
https://twitter.com/HLWright/status/1059959254512218113

efb