Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Sans Undertale nude

log off, mom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Roobanguy posted:

log off, mom.

Your mother is Toriel?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
One other angle could be Kris blaming themselves for Toriel and Asgore's divorce, of course.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Screw an orchestrated version of THE WORLD REVOLVING, I want it played on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWVFEVWJMz8

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Your mother is Toriel?

Roobanguy posted:

i can't believe sans undertale hosed My Mom.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Supersonic Shine posted:

Excuse you, my takes are mediocre, not lovely. Also, I’ve already voted.

Going back on topic, if that theory about Raslei being young Kris’s ideal self comes true (and it’s a drat solid theory, despite what I’m about to say), I expect an absolute deluge of jokes about Raslei being Kris’s fursona.
it's not a joke if it's true

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Add me to the list of people who didn't know how to pronounce Rouxls Kaard. I thought it was another anagram :downs:
I really like how his military jacket buttons look like bullet points, it's a nice touch.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
an rpg where the PC is not only aware of but actively resents the player's control reminds me a whole lot of the somewhat terrible DS game "Contact"

hopefully this one won't end with Kris actively and futilely attempting to kill us through our screen

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

an rpg where the PC is not only aware of but actively resents the player's control reminds me a whole lot of the somewhat terrible DS game "Contact"

hopefully this one won't end with Kris actively and futilely attempting to kill us through our screen

Well, that is the name the game window shows during the character creation intro. It says CONTACT up till the moment Gaster throws out your vessle and then dumps you into Kris. At which point the window header goes blank.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Oxxidation posted:

Or Dwarf Fortress?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

Toby finds a way to program the game to give it a real, genuine chance to murder you in real life.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
It occurred to me that on top of all the other problems they've got going on in their life right now, it probably doesn't help that Kris is most likely smack in the middle of puberty and has no idea how to cope with all the new feelings and sensations and physical changes that's bringing on. Kid's really got it rough. :smith:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Toby finds a way to program the game to give it a real, genuine chance to murder you in real life.

hey I only signed up for pain and seizures not murders

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

hey I only signed up for pain and seizures not murders

You agreed to accept everything that happens from now on.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Delta Rune - you agree to everything that happens in this thread

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

Or Dwarf Fortress?

Remember that time a player realized their character's eyes were covered in tears and it turned out to be because the player had farmed their starting village for XP, essentially forcing their character to kill his friends and family against his own will?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Average Bear posted:

Sans Undertale nude

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I just noticed something.

There are no dogs in Deltarune.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!

Jon Joe posted:

yet

edit: There are hidden dogs on the character status screen sometimes

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

ThaumPenguin posted:

Remember that time a player realized their character's eyes were covered in tears and it turned out to be because the player had farmed their starting village for XP, essentially forcing their character to kill his friends and family against his own will?

Please let this be real

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

that's not true, there's one in the computer lab working very hard on his next game :shittydog:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jon Joe posted:

The Round and King Round have the :shittydog: face...

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Jon Joe posted:

There's one offscreen near the end. You can't disturb him because he's very busy. There's also one in the boneyard.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Jon Joe posted:

Not true! There's a dead one in the graveyard :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just noticed something myself, though I dunno how important it is.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
There's also no i in pezza.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

Please let this be real

quote:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=24390.1320
So, looking through Toady's posts in the Dwarf Fortress Forums I found this gem:

Bay 12 poster Greiger posted:

In adventure mode your own character can cry. But we do not notice unless we closely examine our inventories, and it does not stop them from doing horrible things. 

It is confirmed, we are uncaring gods/goddesses taking complete control over some poor sap. They see everything we make them do, they feel everything. They watch under no control as we mercilessly butcher their neighbors and friends. They cannot scream, all they can do is silently weep as the puppetmaster makes their arm swing the sword. 

Well, that seems like overly dramatic speculation, surely it's just a bug...

Toady One posted:

Greiger's is actually correct... sadly enough. The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control... they can only cry. 

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 7, 2018

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

RabidWeasel posted:

Please let this be real

It is. The way it was coded, you are an active and malefic force controlling adventurers against their will, and they react to this.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Aren't Lancer and his father dogs? The bottom of the spade on their face is a dog nose, they have the characteristic line going from the nose to the mouth, and they have big floppy tongues. They dogs.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Viridiant posted:

Aren't Lancer and his father dogs? The bottom of the spade on their face is a dog nose, they have the characteristic line going from the nose to the mouth, and they have big floppy tongues. They dogs.

spade and neuter your pets

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Viridiant posted:

That's what I was assuming the whole time, and was hoping for a big doggo reveal at the end. Oh well, maybe in 4, 5, or 10 years

e: maybe my kid will be old enough that I can play Deltarune with them by the time it's out lol

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Nov 7, 2018

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Black August posted:

It is. The way it was coded, you are an active and malefic force controlling adventurers against their will, and they react to this.

Well that's just lovely.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Seriously, there's tons of dogs in Deltarune though

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Compared to last game it's still a net loss.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

nine-gear crow posted:

Aren't those all toby fox, the same dog?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

time has many dogs, vimes boy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

You are carrying too many dogs.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RabidWeasel posted:

Please let this be real
I don't think it was because the player killed the character's friends and family, as adventurers are generally spawned in ex nihilo, so they don't have any previous relationships, but they do, in fact, still have a "Soul", which is the game-mechanical part which creatures in Dwarf Fortress keep their thoughts and feelings in.

And in the case of a player character adventurer they aren't in control, the player is, so if they don't like violence, well...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Imagine four dogs on the edge of a cliff...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Imagine four dogs on the edge of a cliff...

Wait :wtc: