Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Democracy sausages catching on (sort of) in the USA?

https://polls.pizza/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

TheMightyHandful posted:

Democracy sausages catching on (sort of) in the USA?

https://polls.pizza/

You get a democracy sausage after voting in an orderly, efficient polling place which processes your vote quickly and has reasonable contingencies in place to deal with problems.

You get a pizza because you’ve been in line for 2 hours since your polling place can’t handle 20% turnout without exploding (which is a feature, not a bug, designed to disenfranchise as many people as possible).

I’ll stick with the poo poo tier sausages, thanks.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GotLag posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the old man was yelling just a bit, because you don't go into someone's room and start pulling cables out of their computer while telling them to find a new place to live tomorrow when you're calm.

When your son has mental issues, is off his meds and apparently only has one joy in his life, barging into his room and starting to physically disassemble that joy is probably not the best course of action. Regardless of what that hobby actually is. It could just as well have been playing with model trains or painting miniature soldiers.

No poo poo the son shouldn't have stabbed his dad, but his dad could really have handled that better.

Apperently he had two joys. The second one was amassing a collection of knives such as the one he stabbed his dad with.

I'm other news ABC News Breakfast reporting Mark Latham has joined One Nation and is running for parliament in NSW.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Gridlocked posted:

Apperently he had two joys. The second one was amassing a collection of knives such as the one he stabbed his dad with.

I'm other news ABC News Breakfast reporting Mark Latham has joined One Nation and is running for parliament in NSW.

Political parties are like Pokémon for Latham. Gotta join 'em all!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
NSW worst state?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
At least NSW have an alternative Labor leader to the left of Foley now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
will he be one of the only people who join One Nation and actually stay in the party? time will tell

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Jesus christ

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Anidav posted:

NSW worst state?

No because One Nation came from your state and Fraser Anning

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Get REAL beefy bitch

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

starkebn posted:

will he be one of the only people who join One Nation and actually stay in the party? time will tell

He'll stay in there for 8 years, never getting elected anywhere.

It's only when they get elected that they leave.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also another shark attack today. Sharks have a political agenda?!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Did not need to wake up to that.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Also another shark attack today. Sharks have a political agenda?!

Go Sharkies

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
ScoMo, Lord of the Sharks summons his minions to menace the waters of Australia and use them to stop the boats.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Only Holt can save us.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Say what you will about Australian politics, at least we have a functioning electoral system that would prove difficult to dismantle - compare the American system(s) which may as well just be a monarchy because of how inscrutable and easy to rig it is.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

BBJoey posted:

Say what you will about Australian politics, at least we have a functioning electoral system that would prove difficult to dismantle - compare the American system(s) which may as well just be a monarchy because of how inscrutable and easy to rig it is.

The one thing we do right.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

starkebn posted:

This. Pauline Hanson does not tolerate other personalities in her party. Why would she start now? I'm calling 2 months until publicly acrimonious split.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hollandia posted:

Only Holt can save us.

Get the sea priest's together and we will summon him forth from the ocean floor.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/alexbrucesmith/status/1059956081563070464

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ah, this is a start of a long lasting short fuse relationship

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

You Am I posted:

Ah, this is a start of a long lasting short fuse relationship

The announcement was that Latham was quitting one nation

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
As if Latham's drinking will ever facilitate morning television appearances.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

AgentF posted:

I'm calling 2 months until publicly acrimonious split.

Amazing that this turned out to be wildly optimistic.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted:

As if Latham's drinking will ever facilitate morning television appearances.

The true dream.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Beaches south of Brisbane are superior, but the benefit of going north for a swim is beefys pies, which are superior to yatala. But if he wants to win the Qld meat pies award he has to take the bus through the drive through meat pie shop in Rockhampton.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

BBJoey posted:

I’m not so confident of how hard it would be to dismantle tbh.

Get some grassroots campaigning about both sides are bad, abstain to show your displeasure

Then use that to justify why voting shouldn’t be compulsory because the AEC is spending X dollars chasing mums and dads who are just pissed off

Once you get rid of compulsory voting you just defund the AEC and/or put stooges at the top

Eventually you probably also want to introduce digital voting (under the guise of saving money and quicker results) to really gently caress poo poo up

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

What the gently caress is latham doing back on television?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Les Affaires posted:

Wait he showed up?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Les Affaires posted:

Luckily he's not

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1059951693138280448

New hat?

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m not so confident of how hard it would be to dismantle tbh.

Get some grassroots campaigning about both sides are bad, abstain to show your displeasure

Then use that to justify why voting shouldn’t be compulsory because the AEC is spending X dollars chasing mums and dads who are just pissed off

Once you get rid of compulsory voting you just defund the AEC and/or put stooges at the top

Eventually you probably also want to introduce digital voting (under the guise of saving money and quicker results) to really gently caress poo poo up

every election cycle someone loses their poo poo because we write on the ballots with a pencil, rather than a pen. It would be piss easy to dismantle.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
White men are being silenced.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

White men are being silenced.

Not fast or hard enough IMO.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

hooman posted:

Not fast or hard enough IMO.

:same:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
They already do voter suppression poo poo, and the SA shitshow has shown that Gerrymandering is absolutely possible.

There were fewer polling places open in the 2016 federal election in WA and longer lines than I've ever seen. I don't think anybody ever explained that, but I remember hearing at the time that the Federal govt. had somehow reduced the number of polling places, which discourages people with weekend work or young kids from getting out and voting, fine or no fine.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Wouldn't expect Bolt to address the moral dilemma at the heart of the Cup:

quote:

NOT MELBOURNE'S CUP ANY MORE
Has the Melbourne Cup sold our Australian heritage in the search for big bucks? Battlers and their bush horses have no chance. No horse this century has won that is Australian-bred and trained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

At least our mob don't pull the mid week bullshit for elections like the US and UK