Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
Hey all, just stopping by to tell y'all that I'm 28 and voted for the first time today in no small part to this thread.

I live in Brooklyn so I'm still convinced it mostly doesn't matter but small victories I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Motel 6 just settled on giving out hotel guest information to ICE:

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/06/6647...0zMEg5HtthgsEbw

Also, remember that case where a detective tried to get a blood sample from an unconcious patient and arrested the nurse who prevented him? Well, he got fired after backlash and an Internal Investigation, and now he wants to sue the nurse.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/11/06/former-detective-jeff/?fbclid=IwAR027OgDxMfpidCkd5YcU3FaEmreEvzwD7jGPGOCOQ23zDpEr_vqPZRudy8

Yeah, this doesn't have 'power trip' written all over it.

He's suing the city not her but yeah gently caress that dude even harder than when this was fresh

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
irrc Davis also lost her state pension

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

at which point the gop will retake the house and begin the cycle anew. congressional leadership continue to live in a money-fueled bubble

Yeah, they're going to get back in eventually and do as much damage as they possibly can when they do. They've got a gameplan and they're sticking to it. There's really no permanent going back from where we are now. The trump playbook is going to be used for the GOP potus candidates for the foreseeable future and when they get someone with some actual intellect and competence in power with a stacked bench and legislature we're probably boned.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Vasudus posted:

irrc Davis also lost her state pension
Good. She's only ever worked in that office so if the wingnut welfare doesn't swing her way then she's sunk.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah, they're going to get back in eventually and do as much damage as they possibly can when they do. They've got a gameplan and they're sticking to it. There's really no permanent going back from where we are now. The trump playbook is going to be used for the GOP potus candidates for the foreseeable future and when they get someone with some actual intellect and competence in power with a stacked bench and legislature we're probably boned.

Meh, yeah damage has been done, but Trumps messaging only appeals to like 35% of Americans, even less than the GOP majority, and its starting to become toxic. Already they are blaming Trump campaigning as the numbers come in.

Trump largely benefited from low voter turnout, not from increasing GOP support.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The voting precinct i've been attending since 2012 and have never had to wait at had a 15 minute line in 38 degree weather and they'd already run out of stickers and the line was growing behind us, at 6PM.

Holy poo poo.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

FAUXTON posted:

The voting precinct i've been attending since 2012 and have never had to wait at had a 15 minute line in 38 degree weather and they'd already run out of stickers and the line was growing behind us, at 6PM.

Holy poo poo.

Too bad, half the breweries in Lincoln are giving a free beer to anyone with a sticker. Probably the same in Omaha/elsewhere.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FAUXTON posted:

Holy poo poo.

The story of this midterm is sky-high turnout. What that overall means for the vote totals/splits is still to be determined.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
In Vegas they're giving free pre-rolls to people with stickers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

my kinda ape posted:

Too bad, half the breweries in Lincoln are giving a free beer to anyone with a sticker. Probably the same in Omaha/elsewhere.

Got me a bottle of rye and a basement fridge full of beer just in case.

Also making chili

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Working on hitting some dabs after a pleasant joint. Haven't looked at the news in an hour.

An old friend I thought was solidly entrenched in the GOP has become surprisingly progressive. Proud of him for coming around.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Watching the fivethirtyeight live prediction isn't helping my anxiety with this election

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

Watching the fivethirtyeight live prediction isn't helping my anxiety with this election

:same:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Slim Pickens posted:

D&D is about to go all Jonestown over it, which I don't get because obviously the prediction thing is running on incomplete data.

Like I'm not saying there's actual hope in our current hell dimension, but they're being a bunch of drama babies.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Nate Silver is worthless I don't know why anyone would put any stock in what he says.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He called the Romney/Obama election and is therefore infallible

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Slim Pickens posted:

Pour a lil liquor on it

it'll be k

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/AnnaForFlorida/status/1059974593350373377

Can't tell if perspective or weirdly wide doughy face

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

my kinda ape posted:

Nate Silver is worthless I don't know why anyone would put any stock in what he says.

(Citation Needed)

Nate Silver was the only dude giving Trump a real chance of winning in 2016, I'd like to know why you think the way you do.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Whole lotta people about to get shook

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/AnnaForFlorida/status/1059974593350373377

Can't tell if perspective or weirdly wide doughy face

One doesn’t exclude the other. A proud republican body riddled with falbitis.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Gonna grab a beer and watch The Expanse. 2016 election night was too horrible to ever stay up watching returns again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Just lmao at watching live predictions. That poo poo is going to fluctuate like crazy when safe districts pop up.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Vasudus posted:

Just lmao at watching live predictions. That poo poo is going to fluctuate like crazy when safe districts pop up.

Nathaniel Rakich of 538:

quote:

You may have noticed that our real-time forecast has moved toward Republicans in the House. It’s being too aggressive, in my opinion. The model sees that a bunch of “likely Republican” districts (particularly in Florida) are now 100 percent likely to go red. But there hasn’t been the chance for Democrats to clinch many equivalent likely Democratic districts.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1059982721127075840

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The only election coverage you need

Only registered members can see post attachments!

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1059963093248290816

I'm happy to start (and possibly end) the night with these results and wait until morning in for the rest. There were way too goddamn many of his campaign signs in rural parts of Virginia where I work.

E: corrected link, I think

egyptian rat race fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 7, 2018

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I just wanna see Cruz lose, just gimme that please.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Vasudus posted:

RIDE THE SNAKE

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1059979274030120960?s=19

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Even though he's not in my district I hope that Lipinski (IL-3) beats Jones who is a holocaust denier.

e

https://twitter.com/wsteaks/status/1059955121512161280

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'm gonna flip over to Young Turks and pop a second bottle just in case we get a repeat of 2016.

Wanna see this hefty boi call out Dems' suicide pact with Decorum again and,

Call. For. Guillotines.

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
if cruz loses, does he have to go back to his home planet

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Tryzzub posted:

You say that like they wanted him in the first place.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tryzzub posted:

Canada?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

we dont want him either, you can keep him

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Well normalized relations with Cuba are probably set back 50 years. What's another 50 on top of that? Let's dump him there.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

really who doesnt like weed in 2018 wtf

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

So because Donnelly ran as a centrist in Indiana and got slaughtered whereas Brown ran next door in Ohio as a leftist and won handily, I cannot wait for the takes of the Democrats have to move to the center to roll in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

redneck nazgul posted:

So because Donnelly ran as a centrist in Indiana and got slaughtered whereas Brown ran next door in Ohio as a leftist and won handily, I cannot wait for the takes of the Democrats have to move to the center to roll in.

I knew when I saw the Donnelly ad where he is chopping wood and talking like a centrist that he was loving done in his race against Pence. loving garbageman.