Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Vasudus posted:

I don't have enough alcohol to sustain this.

The senate isn't gonna flip, the house is, cruz is probably toast. Not an entirely awful outcome really.

I just ran out of the good poo poo, my emergency reserve of moonshine. The grandma's-recipe-made-in-the-bathtub-in-the-basement stuff.

Then again, I'm only tracking the this through the thread because I don't really want to know till the morning. But still.

e: VVV hey...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Man, the back country yokels in this country are loving awful.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1060006839843209216

:shuckyes:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

orange juche posted:

Cruz being toast is enough to make me smile.

You're about 4 hours too early. Anyway he's winning.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

yeah cruz won

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They absolutely want that, but they've been so thoroughly indoctrinated by conservative brainworms that they won't vote for the people who'd give it to them.

ah yes the stellar democrat track record of the last few decades of enacting and protecting meaningful social programs.

the problem isn't conservative brainworms, the problem is the democrats have no leg to stand on themselves.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They absolutely want that, but they've been so thoroughly indoctrinated by conservative brainworms that they won't vote for the people who'd give it to them.

That and the dems have pretty much decided that those people aren't worth fighting for which leads to people thinking well why would I vote for the dems when they clearly don't give a gently caress about rural people? Also guns+abortion are more important to rural people and have been thoroughly adopted as Republican talking points.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

mods changed my name posted:

I thought taking senate was always like a beyond minuscule chance anyhow?

20% or so.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Considering the kind of poo poo rural people care about, gently caress em'. And that's from somebody who's family is from a hick town in North Carolina.

gently caress em'.

I've been leaning more and more towards just forgetting all about my family back in the cesspool that is the rural South.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
New York Democratic congressional nominee Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will win her general election race easily and become the youngest woman ever in Congress, CNN has projected.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

mods changed my name posted:

man, I have a test tomorrow and I really can't concentrate on studying at all for it.

Same. Anybody especially good at calculus

because this election math is distracting me

but really i'm going to do terrible on a calc exam in the morning

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Illinois flipping both IL-6 and IL-14

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mustang posted:

Considering the kind of poo poo rural people care about, gently caress em'. And that's from somebody who's family is from a hick town in North Carolina.

gently caress em'.

I've been leaning more and more towards just forgetting all about my family back in the cesspool that is the rural South.

They vote.

Something something don't make peace with allies something something.

THEY loving VOTE.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ded posted:

New York Democratic congressional nominee Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez will win her general election race easily and become the youngest woman ever in Congress, CNN has projected.

gently caress yessssss

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

They vote.

THEY loving VOTE.
Yeah but the things they've been conned into never compromising on are horrific.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

M_Gargantua posted:

Same. Anybody especially good at calculus

because this election math is distracting me

but really i'm going to do terrible on a calc exam in the morning

Professional nerd here, I haven't done any for a few years but're you talking calc 1, 2, 3, or diff eq?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1060011245334519809?s=21

:laugh:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ded posted:

It's kind of weird knowing that there's going to be a president congressional representative who is seven years younger than me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

They vote.

THEY loving VOTE.

Yeah. Also they vote for the absolute opposite of what I want. I refuse to endorse blatant racism and lovely trickle down for the sake of some votes.

“Become a racist trickle down fan for votes” isn’t compelling to me.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Just woke up.

I cannot comprehend how Ted loving Cruz will get to keep his seat.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just woke up.

lol really?

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just woke up.

(R)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe Cletus will vote for us if we bash some gays.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just woke up.

Texas sucks.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Every city in TX is pretty fine-ish but the rural areas are loving bonkers.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Just woke up.

Merica

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Hremsfeld posted:

Professional nerd here, I haven't done any for a few years but're you talking calc 1, 2, 3, or diff eq?

Calc 3/Multi Variable. Its weird because i've already taken diffeq and linear and plenty of RF engineering classes where it was all applied multivariable.

But despite all the khan academy and 3blue1brown videos I barely get by. But a whole lot of other students are barely getting by so maybe I'm not doing so bad?

Now for another beer.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Well, I guess this means Beto can run in 2020, at least according to all the op-ed pieces from the last couple months that went on about how he's the next Obama.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've been deliberately avoiding all this all day, how are the "good" guys doing

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

Well, I guess this means Beto can run in 2020, at least according to all the op-ed pieces from the last couple months that went on about how he's the next Obama.
Haven't followed him at all but just about anybody is better than Cory loving Booker.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah, yeah, but...it's Ted loving Cruz.

The guy that - outside of being an actual loving lizardman - told his party to "vote your conscience" instead of endorsing Trump.

Bizzarely, while that may have been the most human thing for him to do, that's like Republican kryptonite

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

M_Gargantua posted:

Calc 3/Multi Variable. Its weird because i've already taken diffeq and linear and plenty of RF engineering classes where it was all applied multivariable.

But despite all the khan academy and 3blue1brown videos I barely get by. But a whole lot of other students are barely getting by so maybe I'm not doing so bad?

Now for another beer.

Yeah, that's usually how that goes. Calc etc chews up GPAs and spits out sleep dep. Meantime, cheers :cheers:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Godholio posted:

They vote.

THEY loving VOTE.

pretend i found that tweet about democrats looking in a mirror and deciding they need to be more racist

M_Gargantua posted:

Now for another beer.

i know i passed PDE but it feels like something that happened to another person entirely. all my classes had pretty low averages that got a decent curve at the end.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Nov 7, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The Democratic party has not had any real presence in Texas since Ann Richards and the geniuses that run this poo poo nationally thought ~~demographics are destiny~~~ like they're just all one monolithic voting block. Frankly its a miracle that some dude who no one outside of his constituency even heard of 24 months ago made an actual race out of this. A Texas Senate race hasn't been decided by less than 10 points in ages.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
loving FLORIDA I SWEAR TO CHRIST

https://twitter.com/DanNBC6/status/1060005243415609344

Edit: This is the main Democratic stronghold that will likely kick the Florida races to within-recount(ish) margins.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

SDFLKJSADFASLDLKJFASDFLKSAJDJFASDFLKJKJASDF

gently caress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: This is the main Democratic stronghold that will likely kick the Florida races to within-recount(ish) margins.

Florida deserves what it gets

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WUfz__07Q

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah. Also they vote for the absolute opposite of what I want. I refuse to endorse blatant racism and lovely trickle down for the sake of some votes.

“Become a racist trickle down fan for votes” isn’t compelling to me.

Rome didn't (usually) burn down in a day. Maybe your family is too far gone, but not everybody is. "gently caress entire swaths of the electorate" is why the Democrats will probably not take full control of the federal government for 20+ years. They keep hanging their hats on issues like gun bans (the GA candidate calling AR15s weapons of mass destruction, etc) which just turns people away. It's Hilldawg putting coal miners out of work every drat time.

This is where the Democrats need to do some research and find places worth throwing grassroots efforts at. The country isn't divided into Far Left, Near Left, and the KKK.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Handsome Ralph posted:

SDFLKJSADFASLDLKJFASDFLKSAJDJFASDFLKJKJASDF

gently caress.

So is the issue here the incompetence, or the likelihood that the counts have probably been hosed with a lot?