Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

IDONTPOST posted:

was michigan the only state that got legal weed tonight or were there more?

Missouri I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RandomBlue posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo.

the market's gonna spiral :grin:

love that student loan debt balloon!!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

If you're getting overwhelmed by one of the worst Senate maps since 1914 cmon

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Slugnoid posted:

so im not an american is this good or bad? dems won the house but this thread is pretty dark rn is it because they didnt thrash the republicans?

it's good, the senate was always a huge reach and the house gives dems leverage

not to say that poo poo isn't dark af in america and the world right now, itt is just getting a little much with the nothing matters right now

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Slugnoid posted:

so im not an american is this good or bad? dems won the house but this thread is pretty dark rn is it because they didnt thrash the republicans?

dems get charge of investigations and can start impeachment proceedings by vote but the senate is in charge of the trial if it were to happen. bills also pass through the house up to the senate, so it changes what gets brought up. also a bunch of state/gov dem wins which is important heading to our census in 2020

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

TwoStepBoog posted:

though King represents the most rural part of the state so it's honestly not much of a surprise. it's all towns with ~100-300 population

and Ames. It's all the college kids gerrymandered against Iowa's chuddiest.

Hell, even Dubuque is leaning blue this cycle.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

BAE OF PIGS posted:

how are state houses looking? I'm guessing most of the worst states wont fix their gerrymandered districts, but will some be able to?

yes absolutely. losing FL and OH gov is a blow but we flipped I think 7 governors mansions and a number of state houses.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RandomBlue posted:

And dems taking the house is going to send it over the edge because....?

wall street psychology and pretending there'd be any extra oversight or push for legislature of regulation

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Missouri I think.

yeah we got legal medical weed tonight. the real amendment, not the scam one by the tv lawyer

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

animist posted:

right, they basically have some power of obstruction now, unclear if they'll use it; not much else tho

They're collaborators. They won't.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

TwoStepBoog posted:

though King represents the most rural part of the state so it's honestly not much of a surprise. it's all towns with ~100-300 population

in the next census heads of corn will be counted as 3/5ths of a person

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Nonsense posted:

gently caress off with what? The indicators have been terrible for months, we're entering a recession, and you think the Republicans are just going to sail into 2020 with a strong economy?

idk about this dude, rate hikes are hitting the stock market but things keep on chugging

unless TRUMP tariffs does something really weird with the global economy I wouldn't be so sure of a recession

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
https://twitter.com/politicususa/status/1060037680766050304

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Slugnoid posted:

they have even more data to pin-perfect purge voting records and up the gerrymandering for 2020, and not enough changes in most state legislature/governors to stop it given anyone whose anti-trump and turned out has probably done so instead of data on voting trump for the lols and just not liking hilary. florida is also especially lol but the only silver lining is felony voting rights restored, which of course they mysteriously will be purged if they even register to vote.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Slugnoid posted:

literally every seat in the house could have gone for the dems and this thread (trMP) would have found a way to suicidal ideation

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

TwoStepBoog posted:

towns that likely have nearly as many undoc immigrants working dairy farms

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Weakling succ bitches itt jfc

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
all in all id say that tonight was great news....

... for JEB!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Slugnoid posted:

we were expecting a fairly solid blue wave, we got about 60-70% of what we expected, which is pretty dire because *gestures at the past two years* and also *gestures at massive turnout increase, which is historically extremely good for democrats*

dems taking the house is good but the long-terms don't look great, and cspam traditionally looks at the long view of things instead of celebrating over transient momentary victories

if democrats don't shift hard over the next two years and become a way, way better party then the country is pretty much done. what happens after that point no one's really sure. we might go through insurgency and civil war, we might balkanize, we might just accept the fascism and roll over as we head into Literal Hellworld as average temperature shoots up 5*C

welcome to the future!!!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
http://mixlr.com/plinkey/

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

triple sulk posted:

wall street psychology and pretending there'd be any extra oversight or push for legislature of regulation

Dems taking the house can't push for poo poo when there's a republican senate and President.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

:ohdear:

has our politics really come to this now? people swearing? when did it all go so wrong...

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Nonsense posted:

If you're getting overwhelmed by one of the worst Senate maps since 1914 cmon

what if I told you the senate map is -always- gonna look like this in the near future?

Serf
May 5, 2011

hosed up that they killed matt offscreen and retconned him to being black

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

gop = we won't tax you, you can make more money, capitalism
dems = we think you'll tax us even though you really won't, we'd still make money but freak out like we'll make less, still capitalism

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Smythe posted:

Weakling succ bitches itt jfc
aye

SKULL.GIF posted:

we were expecting a fairly solid blue wave, we got about 60-70% of what we expected, which is pretty dire because *gestures at the past two years* and also *gestures at massive turnout increase, which is historically extremely good for democrats*

dems taking the house is good but the long-terms don't look great, and cspam traditionally looks at the long view of things instead of celebrating over transient momentary victories

if democrats don't shift hard over the next two years and become a way, way better party then the country is pretty much done. what happens after that point no one's really sure. we might go through insurgency and civil war, we might balkanize, we might just accept the fascism and roll over as we head into Literal Hellworld as average temperature shoots up 5*C

welcome to the future!!!
and this, there isnt going to mysteriously be smoe better turnout for dems in 2020 either since anyone whose energized to care would have mostly done so this year. just having a different president for the ~undecideds~ isnt going to help

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
lmao @ TRUML being mad at p Ryan when the dude is just peacing out like a g

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

basically the night was ok for general american politics but the world's ending lmao

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Smythe posted:

They're collaborators. They won't.

pelosi already talking appeasement, bipartisanship

the entire gop basically ran against her using scare quotes nationwide and she wants to make friends lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Plutocrat bankers will ensure they keep the economy propped up to shield their enablers (republicans) from any fallout from their plundering.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

RandomBlue posted:

Dems taking the house can't push for poo poo when there's a republican senate and President.

it doesn't matter

trump will cry obstruction on it that the dems wouldn't let him pass the good legislature to keep the economy going the way he/the gop wanted and voter memory is short lived

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Claire and Matt competing for the most welcome loss of the night.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Slugnoid posted:

it’s good but not nearly good enough, we needed a really dramatic shift to get us off of the catastrophic trajectory we’re currently on

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

also the leader of the house democrats came out and immediately said 'we will collaborate with the insane screaming fascists' so yeah that's not helping morale at all

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Billzasilver posted:

HEY YOU CUCKS I AM VERY DRUNK AND WE ARE WATCHING LORD OF WAR IN NITE CREW IN ABOUT 5 MINUTES
:siren: http://www.psp-tv.com/r/nitecrew :siren:

we are 18 minutes in and this movie is so loving good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

hes running

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

BUT AT LEAST THE MCRIB IS BACK

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

kaleedity posted:

the economy is mostly a bunch of wealthy people lying and breaking the law lmao as soon as whenever anyone wants that to stop it can fall to pieces

even better part is the collapse concentrates wealth into even fewer hands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

come listen to me, im mostly going to talk about not voting