Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol, married with two children under five, and thinks she can just accounce that she’s jetting off on an international vacation, and that’ll be the end of that.

She quite clearly stated that she had been planning this since 7th grade, she has dibs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah, as far as I can tell, her problem is that he... wants to go to Paris with her

I guess he didn't take it well when she told him about it, but I don't get why you'd board the dogs and hire a two-week babysitter but make no arrangements for what your husband is supposed to be doing while you're off on an overseas trip to a cultural capital of the world without him, and "he can take his OWN international vacation with his friends for all I care, why does he want to do it with me instead" was kind of an odd take

also "how do I make it clear to him he is NOT going" kind of killed any sympathy I might have had for her from him saying "I mean no", they both kind of seem like jerks honestly

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Roommates keep drowning each other in our kitchen sink.

Live in Florida. Moved into a new year long lease four months ago. I share an apartment with three bedrooms and four roommates, one of which has two.

The couple in the room (and everyone else) seemed nice, quiet, clean, etc. They introduced themselves to me and I didn't expect any problems, and I didn't really start having any until several weeks ago. Guys a tennis instructor, girl is a cleaner (I think iirc), they are not married. I know they could afford a better apartment.

We have a kitchen sink, and it has a plug in thing that lets water hold without sinking. If you plug it in and let the water run it will fill up to the top and stay there.

On 99% of weekends, only I and they are home, and they started basically using it to drown themselves. The guy (who is super short, especially compared to her) stands in front of the sink and dunks his head in and the girl holds him there as he starts to squirm around until the literally cannot hold it anymore. This goes on for minutes at a time and when he comes out the dude is red or purple it's crazy. They do it at night when only I'm (or I assume also when I'm not) there and it freaks me out, terrified he'll get hurt also.

I have a learning disorder and I'm 18 and I think my roommates think I'm a idiot because they do the overly slow talking to me but I'm aware it's a sex thing, it's really obvious. They say it's a "physical training" thing but again super obvious BS. The girl moans as its happening. It's ridiculous. Do they wanna die? It's crazy.

Without telling them I know that it's a sex thing I asked them to keep it in their room but they said they can't use the bathtub and the sink in their room is too high up for the guy to use (if it's like mine, which it probably is, this is true, although I still want it to stop). Honestly I don't want it in the house at all because I think there's a big chance of them killing each other.

My landlord won't do anything. Called him he doesn't care at all. I'm stuck in the lease and don't/can't move for something like this anyway. Is there anything else I can do? Maybe the police could do something because of the risk involved?

Hope you can help, thanks

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Oh my god WHY (self.childfree)

submitted 9 hours ago by Kigichi

Why oh WHY was she allowed to KEEP IT?!

quote:

A friend of mine has Down’s syndrome, and she fell pregnant from her boyfriend. (The morons didn’t use condoms because they were “too small” ...Yea....)What does she decide to do? She decides to KEEP IT.

Y’all this girl can’t even be trusted to stay at home alone. She can’t cook (almost burnt down an apartment once because she forgot about the food on the stove) doesn’t clean, has HORRIBLE self hygiene (she wears adult diapers and always smells like pee) but she wants to keep her kid. (I’ve also seen her lose her temper and try to hit my friends dog for not staying still so she could get him into his sweater, so that right there is very telling)

I advocated for abortion, or putting the baby up for adoption, but she was far too deep in her baby fog to listen to anyone; all she could think of was the wonderful life she would have with this baby.

She was living with a friend of ours and her mom, and the mother told her that if she kept the baby she was not going to live there because she’s not interested in a baby in her house (or having to be the one stuck caring for it)

Well the baby was born, and now my friend is with her bf and his parents until her social worker can take her in. I’m not only pissed that the hospital and her social worker didn’t find a way to get the kid from her, but I’m pissed she was so selfish to begin with. If she didn’t have these people to take care of her she would have ended up killing the baby by accident; of that I have no doubt.

I’m just...so, so mad. I don’t like kids, but I would never want one to suffer the life this poor boy is going to. Why are breeders so selfish?

From r/childfree.

Down's women are notoriously infertile so this is hopefully a fakepost, but drat

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

loquacius posted:

Yeah, as far as I can tell, her problem is that he... wants to go to Paris with her

I guess he didn't take it well when she told him about it, but I don't get why you'd board the dogs and hire a two-week babysitter but make no arrangements for what your husband is supposed to be doing while you're off on an overseas trip to a cultural capital of the world without him, and "he can take his OWN international vacation with his friends for all I care, why does he want to do it with me instead" was kind of an odd take

also "how do I make it clear to him he is NOT going" kind of killed any sympathy I might have had for her from him saying "I mean no", they both kind of seem like jerks honestly

I am a little torn because the kids are so young, but OTOH she made arrangements for the kids and the dog, and it is 10 days instead of a month like ther other lady that was posted here a while back. It sounds like she feels unappreciated and also like she and her husband have communication issues in their marriage.

My wife has definitely taken long weekends when ther kids were little, and I was ok because she made arrangements for me to have some help with the kids for part of it, but nothing quite that long. It seems like 10 days is a little long for "this is happening, deal with it" when you have really young kids.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

loquacius posted:

her problem is that she holds her Homer Simpson of a husband in such absolute disdain that she really thought he'd be cool with her just deciding to ditch the whole family so long as he didn't have to look after the kids she arranged to send away without telling him.

they fuckin hate each other and hopefully this little vacation will kill their marriage off outright so the kids won't have to deal with its increasingly toxic zombified corpse for the rest of their childhood.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Live in Florida. Moved into a new year long lease four months ago. I share an apartment with three bedrooms and four roommates, one of which has two.

The couple in the room (and everyone else) seemed nice, quiet, clean, etc. They introduced themselves to me and I didn't expect any problems, and I didn't really start having any until several weeks ago. Guys a tennis instructor, girl is a cleaner (I think iirc), they are not married. I know they could afford a better apartment.

We have a kitchen sink, and it has a plug in thing that lets water hold without sinking. If you plug it in and let the water run it will fill up to the top and stay there.

On 99% of weekends, only I and they are home, and they started basically using it to drown themselves. The guy (who is super short, especially compared to her) stands in front of the sink and dunks his head in and the girl holds him there as he starts to squirm around until the literally cannot hold it anymore. This goes on for minutes at a time and when he comes out the dude is red or purple it's crazy. They do it at night when only I'm (or I assume also when I'm not) there and it freaks me out, terrified he'll get hurt also.

I have a learning disorder and I'm 18 and I think my roommates think I'm a idiot because they do the overly slow talking to me but I'm aware it's a sex thing, it's really obvious. They say it's a "physical training" thing but again super obvious BS. The girl moans as its happening. It's ridiculous. Do they wanna die? It's crazy.

Without telling them I know that it's a sex thing I asked them to keep it in their room but they said they can't use the bathtub and the sink in their room is too high up for the guy to use (if it's like mine, which it probably is, this is true, although I still want it to stop). Honestly I don't want it in the house at all because I think there's a big chance of them killing each other.

My landlord won't do anything. Called him he doesn't care at all. I'm stuck in the lease and don't/can't move for something like this anyway. Is there anything else I can do? Maybe the police could do something because of the risk involved?

hahaha holy poo poo

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
SIL [24F] throwing a tantrum because our In-laws [60s] want to change vacation plans to accommodate our [30s] children. Should I intervene?

quote:

I’m writing this on my phone so apologies for any errors.

Anyways my in laws are very generous people. They’re fairly well off and for the past few years they really enjoy treating the whole family out on exotic vacations.

So here’s the current issue. In laws suggested a week long cruise trip on a very expensive/very exclusive line that none of us would be able to afford otherwise. Apparently SIL was really into it as it would’ve been very glamourous and luxurious and she could invite one friend. However after talking about it with my husband, I decided that our youngest should not go on the trip as she suffers from an illness from birth that has flared up in the past year. The idea of taking her out at sea without proper medical care and hundreds of miles from the closest hospital gave me a lot of anxiety.

We told the in laws that my husband and our oldest will go as expected and I will stay home with our other one. However my in laws won’t have it. They don’t want to go on a trip where we all can’t go so they asked us what sorts of trips would be appropriate for us at the moment. We said anything that’s close to any big city where there is sufficient medical support in case anything happens. Ok they come back and said they’ve nixed the cruise idea. Now they are planning a family trip to Japan just so that we can all come because they want to see their grandchildren too.

Well SIL heard and is now being ridiculously rude and demanding of us. She basically threw an adult tantrum over text, saying that the past year has been hard for her and it’s so like her parents to favour us and their grandchildren over her. She texted my husband asking him to just tell their parents that we won’t be coming at all so they can go back to the cruise plan. She said it’s not fair one of our kids get to decide the entire family vacation, and that no one asked her what she wanted.

I think she’s being unfair because this was completely the parents choice. They didn’t want to go on a cruise where one of their grandchildren couldn’t go, so they are now choosing something else. My husband even offered to talk to his parents about choosing another city according to SIL wishes but she says she been “everywhere” and the exclusive cruise was the only thing she wanted.

Yesterday she sent me a lengthy email asking me to see things from her perspective. She said she thinks my kids are too young to remember anything anyways and maybe it’s better we all just sit out this time and tell her parents we’ve decided to stay home. She also said something like I’ve never been nice to her so this is the one thing I could do to pay her back. I have no idea what she’s referring to, but now I don’t know how to reply.

What should I say to her? Are we being unreasonable for not wanting to sit out on this trip? Does SIL have a point?

Edit: also to add that this isn’t just any trip. This is their 40th anniversary trip.

tl;dr: In laws wanted to treat whole family to an exclusive cruise trip, but my youngest daughter wouldn’t be able to go due to health. They then changed the plans entirely to accommodate my daughter but SIL is now throwing a tantrum and asking us to lie and say we can’t go as a whole family. What do I do?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is amazing

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Little things really tickle me, like how they write a two sentence paragraph explaining that sink plugs exist and how they work

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

I am a little torn because the kids are so young, but OTOH she made arrangements for the kids and the dog, and it is 10 days instead of a month like ther other lady that was posted here a while back. It sounds like she feels unappreciated and also like she and her husband have communication issues in their marriage.

My wife has definitely taken long weekends when ther kids were little, and I was ok because she made arrangements for me to have some help with the kids for part of it, but nothing quite that long. It seems like 10 days is a little long for "this is happening, deal with it" when you have really young kids.

Did everyone miss the part where the trip is a whole fuckin year away?

You can take care of your kids for a week and change by yourself it's not that hard. And she didn't "spring it on him", she told him about it A YEAR IN ADVANCE and he lost his pouty little rear end about it like a baby.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the bitterness and resentment in the vacation post is so thick you could cut it with a knife

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

hawowanlawow posted:

the bitterness and resentment in the vacation post is so thick you could cut it with a knife

With a dollop of sweet sweet insecurity on top.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Little things really tickle me, like how they write a two sentence paragraph explaining that sink plugs exist and how they work

Something tells me this guy once got mad that his sister had a ponytail when the doctor made then swim to get weighed.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I wanna see the look of surprise on that guys face when lil' drownee goes on to win Wimbledon because of his super secret training technique, gonna be some sweet vindication there.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

La Brea Carpet posted:

Something tells me this guy once got mad that his sister had a ponytail when the doctor made then swim to get weighed.

If I was the doctor I wouldn't have let her have the hair in a ponytail.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

loquacius posted:

I feel like the post is pretty clearly vibing there are other issues and the fact that she felt the need to book literally every detail before discussing it with him is kind of a giveaway that something's off. Like the act of doing that is pretty obviously wrong so it feels like there was probably a reason she played it out that way.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

La Brea Carpet posted:

jobson groeth posted:

If I was the doctor I wouldn't have let her have the hair in a ponytail.

She only pretended to put her hair in a ponytail but then didn’t and you both know it.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

burial posted:

She only pretended to put her hair in a ponytail but then didn’t and you both know it.

I'm the doctor telling her no OP.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
A look a her multi-year post history is enlightening, once you get past the 8 million "I'm a nurse and my workplace is wacky" threads.

2nd baby blues? (self.pregnant)

quote:

Okay, so I am 27, my husband is 34 and we have an almost 11 month old. When we gotnpregnant with him, it was sooner than we had thought, but we wanted him. And from the first moment I saw that plus sign I was 100% head over heels in love. I was so obnoxiously happy to have my son. In March, I discovered I am pregnant again. To do the math, they will be 15 months apart. I am miserable. In my first pregnancy I was so happy all the time; now, if I feel anything its anger. I tried to talk ti my husband about it but he doesn't get it and keeps writing me off as hormonal. Which doesn't help me being so angry all the time. I work full time, had enrolled in school full time this year (still doing it as of now) and with our childcare (or lack thereof ) we work opposites, meaning if I am not at work taking care of patients I am at home taking care of my son whole trying to write papers and sh*t. Bottom line - I am tired. I am numb. And all I can think about is all the things I can't have now that I'm pregnant again. Worst of all I feel absolutely zero connection to this baby. I have seen the US and heard the heartbeat, i even know he is a boy, but I got nothing. My husband wants to talk names, but I'm so apathetic about this whole thing we could call it Aardvark for all I care. I don't want this baby - and it makes me feel like the most horrible, selfish person alive. I consideref having an abortion and just not telling him I was pregnant (early on, too late now) but I don't think I could live with the guilt.

I don't really have many friends and those I do have don't have kids. I can't talk to my mom, my husband doesn't hear me, but insists on going to prenatal visits so I feel like I cant talk to my OB, I just don't know what to do

How can I care for a baby I don't love? Is prenatal depression a thing? What do I do?

My husband (33M) refuses to spend time with me (26F) or our son (1 month) (self.relationships)

What kind of guy doesn't want to have sex? (23F & 31M) (self.sex)

quote:

So my husband and I have been married only five months (been together a couple of years before that). I have noticed the craziest thing, and it is starting to piss me off. When I am on my period and he knows he usually gets blow jobs during this time, he is all over me. Innuendos, sensual touching, romance, the works. But the rest of the time, like when we can actually have sex? Not so much.

Perfect example, yesterday I finally ended my cycle (gross I know, but pertinent to the story). Now, I like giving him head, it really turns me on, so after a couple of days of that, I'm ready for my turn. I start sending him sexy text messages while he is at work, make sure I am freshly showered and shaven for when he gets home, the works. He comes home and turns on the crocodile hunter. Seriously, Steve Irwin playing with Green Mambas (admittedly awesome to watch) over sex... I don't get it. And just now, he had set his alarm to go off early so I snuck in the bedroom and said if he wanted to wake up now we could shower together... nudge nudge wink wink. He just looked at me, hit the snooze button and went back to sleep.

These are just the two most recent examples I can think of, but this has been happening over the last couple of months, slowly but surely. Help?

TL;DR - My husband is game for getting blow jobs, but when I want to have sex/send him sexy texts etc I get diddly as a reaction... Help?

:therapy: and probably :sever:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He put the ticket on the windshield of the car behind him, a new Audi which was parked very close to him, like maybe less than 1 feet or 12 inches apart. He ripped his license plate no. off the ticket.

Oh, he ripped his plate number off the ticket? That's sure to help.

Add that to deliberately hitting another car and the info that he's paid a large salary yet doesn't tip. Yep, world's greatest partner, right there.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

jobson groeth posted:

lost it at the house floorplans

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Add that to deliberately hitting another car and the info that he's paid a large salary yet doesn't tip. Yep, world's greatest partner, right there.

Assuming the parking ticket is like most, even with ripping off the license plate number he gave the audi owner all he needs to track him down in the amount of time a cop will pay attention (database search) so congrats on your dead whale on a beach of a boyfriends impending loss in court.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Haifisch posted:

A look a her multi-year post history is enlightening, once you get past the 8 million "I'm a nurse and my workplace is wacky" threads.

2nd baby blues? (self.pregnant)

My husband (33M) refuses to spend time with me (26F) or our son (1 month) (self.relationships)

What kind of guy doesn't want to have sex? (23F & 31M) (self.sex)

:therapy: and probably :sever:

Why did she 1, stay with this guy and 2, have a kid with him?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Barudak posted:

Assuming the parking ticket is like most, even with ripping off the license plate number he gave the audi owner all he needs to track him down in the amount of time a cop will pay attention (database search) so congrats on your dead whale on a beach of a boyfriends impending loss in court.

The hope with that is to have the rich Audi driver just pay it without realising it wasn't their fine to start with. Of course their going to be super pissed as to who hit their car instead and OP is in for a world of hurt.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Yeah, he's a keeper.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

jobson groeth posted:

"I am not from England I was born in the US"

Why is he afraid of water?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

jobson groeth posted:

The hope with that is to have the rich Audi driver just pay it without realising it wasn't their fine to start with. Of course their going to be super pissed as to who hit their car instead and OP is in for a world of hurt.

Sure, but when audi goes into the system to pay it and the license and vehicle dont match suddenly they know exactly who hosed up their car and how to identify them alongside proof.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Barudak posted:

Sure, but when audi goes into the system to pay it and the license and vehicle dont match suddenly they know exactly who hosed up their car and how to identify them alongside proof.

Screwing around with license numbers like that is at least a misdemeanor and probably a felony.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

jobson groeth posted:

What

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Teenage shut-ins with learning disabilities are a hell of a thing. Combine overly literal communication with a 'I know what I mean, and so should you' attitude from poor socialisation and you get... that.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Khazar-khum posted:

"I am not from England I was born in the US"

Why is he afraid of water?

I assume it's an Autism thing, some autistic people experience extreme sensitivity to certain kinds of touch, which can include being immersed or doused in water. The weird obsession with his sister's experience, her tight clothes versus his (presumably) loose ones might also be related to that, he found loose clothes and wetness uncomfortable but assumes she would find TIGHT clothes pleasant and is resentful of that. The hair thing I have no idea other than it being another weird fixation, and his inability to grasp why no one else in the thread understands the problem I guess is just another autism thing.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
Further clues into his thought process can be found here:

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wow-i-cannot-believe-my-mom-stooped-so-low.136316639/

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

Why did she 1, stay with this guy and 2, have a kid with him?

because of the underwater weight test

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer

Smirking_Serpent posted:

One of my roommates has recently become fixated on having a near death experience, to reaffirm her transcendental beliefs and this post makes me worry that sink drowning is something I should be watching out for.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fed up with my GF not treating the skin infection she got on a volunteer trip to Costa Rica. Is there any getting through to her? (30M/32F, together 2 years)

Hey all, welcome to tonight's episode of Why Won't An Adult Act Like An Adult!

So my GF went on a 3 month project to Costa Rica. Read: tropical climate. Hygiene opportunities were limited and she came back with what we both thought was athlete's foot. It would make sense, you know?

She got some spray and it cleared it mostly up but then it came back again. Her feet looked really horrible. Peeling, some cracked spots, places where it looked like the skin had been rubbed raw but nothing was rubbing it.

She tried a different cream but it didn't help. I suggested she go to the doctor. She said she would call.

She never has. It's been 6 months now and y'all, this is getting BAD. She now has patches of hard, rough, thickened skin on her feet. Those patches crack. Her toenails are all misshapen and thick and yellowed. And the SMELL. Something is clearly super wrong.

It's not only grossing me out, but I'm worried. Worried she's going to get some kind of systemic infection, and worried I'm going to catch whatever this is. We don't live together but we do stay over a lot. I bleach soaked my shower and haven't let her use it since. I won't walk barefoot in the house anymore. I've even banned her sometimes from staying over.

I love her but I don't get why she doesn't just take care of this! It's just a simple loving skin infection. She's probably embarrassed and I get that but poo poo doctors lance boils on people's asses and dig foreign objects out of rectums. A skin infection probably is boring to them.

I've asked her why she won't go and she says it'll clear up. It's not an issue of insurance or money and she's not medical-phobic. She just won't go for THIS and I don't know why.

Her latest "treatment" was buying some kind of foot mask that makes your skin peel. Well hers peeled and then they were all raw and swollen and haven't STOPPED peeling. I guess the idea is that the mask makes dead skin and calluses come off but her feet just peel and peel and peel now. She's always picking at them and saying "See? It worked. It's getting better" but this is so disgusting.

Is there something I'm missing here? To me it seems like she just picked up an infection from wearing wet shoes and/or being in a moist, hot environment. Is there.... idk..... some kind of tropical STD that does this (I'm kidding..... I hope).

It's not the infection that's making me question the relationship, is the fact that she WON'T loving TREAT IT!!!

What might be going on here? She's normally reasonable about going in for health problems even if they're embarrassing. She just won't with THIS and I feel like I'm dealing with a kid in denial.

tl;dr GF picked up a skin infection that's getting worse, keeps "treating" it with beauty products and home remedies and I can't deal anymore. Why might she be in denial and is there any reasonable approach I could try to get through this unreasonable behavior?

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Yeahhh, I would nope out of that relationship and bleach everything I owned, twice. I left the last guy I was seeing because he was boring, who the gently caress is waiting out foot fungus?

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

She's gonna end up with hooves and running away with a satyr.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Jason from The Good Place is probably friends with that couple.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/9ur3bs/my_22f_husband_26m_feels_as_if_hes_being/

quote:

tldr: My very spiritual husband believes that his deceased first wife is contacting him from Heaven. He thinks this is happening because he never really let her go and never really committed to me, and it's causing him a lot of shame and guilt. This is genuinely threatening our marriage - he's convinced himself he doesn't deserve to be married to me, and he won't listen to me, because he knows I don't believe in ghosts.
My husband married his high school sweetheart very young - when they were both 17. It was essentially a shotgun wedding - they were both from very conservative families and went to a very traditional religious school - but they were very much in love.
A few months later, my husband's first wife and their unborn child died.
It's been almost ten years since then. We've been married for five. Every so often, my husband would dream normal dreams about his first wife, like everyone does with deceased loved ones. For the last several months, however, my husband has been experiencing frequent, intense, vivid, amazingly lengthy dreams about her. He told me these dreams seem to last for days or weeks. Nothing really strange or unusual ever happens in those dreams. They go to work, come home, and tell each other about their days. In some of the dreams, they go on vacation and visit all the places they'd planned to go together. In some, my husband and his first wife are in college together, living in a dorm room and taking the same classes. In some of them, there's a child with them, a boy, maybe five years old, with blonde hair like my husband's first wife. My husband can never remember the child's face, and the child never does anything in the dreams - he's just there.
Some of the dreams are intensely sexual.
My husband left his church after his wife's death, but he's still very devoutly Christian - he considers himself 'spiritual but not religious'. He truly believes in the presence of God and miracles in his daily life. He prayed to Jesus for guidance, and, he tells me, received a sense of absolute certainty that what was happening was real - that his deceased wife and child were truly contacting him from a better place. He thinks this is happening because he never really let them go in his heart - which means, he says, that he wasn't truly ready to 'forsake all others' when he married me, and that he's been spiritually unfaithful to both me and his first wife.
I am culturally Christian but not particularly spiritual. I believe in God and Heaven, but I don't believe in ghosts. I respect my husband's beliefs, and I always have, but I don't think that dreams about a previous spouse are a message from the afterlife, I'm sure the anointed in Heaven have better things to do than send my husband wet dreams and mess with his keys, and I absolutely refuse to be jealous of a dead woman. So I struggled to take this 'confession' seriously, and I probably responded more dismissively than I should have. My husband is taking this very seriously - the sex dreams, especially, are really disturbing him, and the fact that he can't seem to stop having these dreams is causing him a lot of guilt and shame.
In his dream last night, he told his first wife "I'm married to someone else now". So she shoved me into traffic and killed me, and he remarried her, and the dream continued.
He told me this morning that he thinks these dreams are a sign from God that he shouldn't have remarried. That I deserve a man who can honestly commit to me, not a man who dreams about murdering me to get back together with someone else.
I loving refuse to let a dream separate me from the man I love, but I don't know how to work this out. He knows I don't believe that his first wife is really contacting him, and that I think it's all in his head. He dismisses everything I have to say about it because he thinks I don't understand what's really happening, and he's been pulling further and further away from me. He's hurting. I'm hurting. What can we do?

Spot the buried lede!

He was 21 when he remarried a second 17 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HazCat
May 4, 2009

So she died at 17 and he's dreaming about having sex with her. So is she still 17 in the dreams?

Oh he also remarried a 17 year old?

Oh, gross.