Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
My favorite part of Part 7 is how Joel Joestar's Stand power (Smooth Criminal) is to make everyone's clothes so stylish that they can't move. Finally weaponizing your environment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i like the part that has jojo

that one's the best

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I like this road trip party a lot

smuh
Feb 21, 2011

If all of these party characters keep being completely lovely all the way through, I think this will be my favourite part so far. What a bunch of assholes, I love it

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

GuyUpNorth posted:

Bruno is pretty polite even as enforcer so far, nicely chatting instead of going directly for whatever he'd have on his person. Compare to Luca keeping the shovel around from the outset.

Well you don't really need to carry a showel around when you can magically detach people's limbs without moving a muscle.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
so does mista's weird 4 obsession have anything to do with his stand or something or is it just a weird neurotic quirk araki decided to give him

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's most likely just carrying over the general view of 4 being bad luck in japanese culture due to it relating to Death in regards to how the kanji looks for it or whatever. not 100% sure on the actual specifics, so don't quote me.

i don't think there's anything deeper than that, though.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Thumbtacks posted:

so does mista's weird 4 obsession have anything to do with his stand or something or is it just a weird neurotic quirk araki decided to give him

4 is the number of death in Japan because it can be pronounced Shi which means death. It's a Japanese thing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, four is the Japanese Bad Luck number, like thirteen in the states, because of a language quirk. This general idea combined with a friend of his getting his eye clawed out from a kitten of a litter of four has left him a little paranoid

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

there's other instances of things that are strictly only understandable if you know japanese being used in parts where it makes absolutely no sense but that's mainly in later bits of the series where this happens

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Its a little silly to think about why an Italian mobster takes a Japanese superstition so closely to heart, but hey, it is what it is.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Thumbtacks posted:

Yes his obsession actually have an impact on his stand, you will understand when you see it them and the whole numerology obsession is kinda justified by his backstory even if it's still mostly an Eastern superstition not really fitting an Italian mobster.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Expect My Mom posted:

Yeah, four is the Japanese Bad Luck number, like thirteen in the states, because of a language quirk. This general idea combined with a friend of his getting his eye clawed out from a kitten of a litter of four has left him a little paranoid

he's not japanese

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ChaosArgate posted:

Its a little silly to think about why an Italian mobster takes a Japanese superstition so closely to heart, but hey, it is what it is.

Reminds me of Volgin, a Russian villain from MGS3, being mindful of Japanese superstitions regarding lightning.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Thumbtacks posted:

he's not japanese
I never said he was

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I remember when I first started watching Jojo I was really annoyed at how solutions to problems seemed totally arbitrary and made up on the spot "I secretly spun hamon string around all these spikes!!"

Now, its basically my favorite part "ha of course charging that tree with life energy would for some reason make it wilt and expose the stand to sunlight"

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
mista's an idiot that's "coincidentally" had bad events happen involving the number four. that's it

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

dudermcbrohan posted:

mista's an idiot that's "coincidentally" had bad events happen involving the number four. that's it

Its probably gonna be a set up to a joke involving his stand

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dudermcbrohan posted:

mista is cool and smart actually

tetraphobia real

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Thumbtacks posted:

mista once realized he was on the 4th floor and jumped out the window

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hosed up that Mista’s least favorite part is Diamond is Unbreakable

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Augus posted:

hosed up that Mista’s least favorite part is Diamond is Unbreakable

Why do you think he didn't show up until Koichi left? :v:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
At some point, there must have been a time when Bruno's crew was only four people and I imagine Mista was freaking out 24/7.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dragonwagon posted:

At some point, there must have been a time when Bruno's crew was only four people and I imagine Mista was freaking out 24/7.
Especially when Abbachio kept telling him "there's four people in the crew" when Mista could only see three. Now he says there's five and he can only see four? At least Giorno settles that problem.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

There's no way Mista wasn't the 5th team member of Bruno's crew. He would absolutely not be on board with joining up as the 4th member and he would've probably had a panic attack over whoever was #4 if he joined the gang before they picked up a 4th.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

They could've also had three members and then made sure that two people joined at the same time.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Their stands count as separate members

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
One nice thing about the 4 superstition is that it transfers over to English because the fourth letter is D, for Death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Other then his neurosis about superstitions, Mista is probably one of the calmer more mature members of the gang. With only Abbacchio and Bucciarati surpassing him. Abbacchio just has the issue of being a jackass with trust issues.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

MonsterEnvy posted:

Other then his neurosis about superstitions, Mista is probably one of the calmer more mature members of the gang. With only Abbacchio and Bucciarati surpassing him. Abbacchio just has the issue of being a jackass with trust issues.

I can see why Abbacchio would have some reservations about Giorno in the last episode. There they were, getting attacked by an enemy Stand, and Buccellati consults Giorno as if they were equals. Between that and how Buccellati demanded they show respect to Giorno earlier, I can see why Abbacchio might have a beef against the new kid.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

amigolupus posted:

I can see why Abbacchio would have some reservations about Giorno in the last episode. There they were, getting attacked by an enemy Stand, and Buccellati consults Giorno as if they were equals. Between that and how Buccellati demanded they show respect to Giorno earlier, I can see why Abbacchio might have a beef against the new kid.
hosed of Abbachio to not respect a man who drank his piss

JDRockefeller
Apr 26, 2010
How can you respect anyone who drinks your piss?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pigbuster posted:

One nice thing about the 4 superstition is that it transfers over to English because the fourth letter is D, for Death.

Wow! So that's what giving someone the D means!

how awful.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1048314271044530176

Whoops wrong one, but why not both:

https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1059822722191147013

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
wark changed the thread title so now there's no excuse, everybody on their best behavior

stop stabbing each other and tricking each other into drinking piss, we got a mission tomorrow folks

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
What if our mission tomorrow is to stab or trick each other into drinking piss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

David D. Davidson posted:

What if our mission tomorrow is to stab or trick each other into drinking piss?
Only if it's really really funny. No spoilers, though! :colbert: