Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Tonetta posted:

i picked up this game again last week and it's still the same toxic trash, how do people play this game for 10 years

The game can be a lot of fun there's just a horrible community permanently attached to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just played a game where neither team had any engage except ahri charm, resulting in a 40 minute game which we only won because the entire enemy team walked into a bush which had darius and jax hiding in who probably gibbed their backline and we ended off it. Dear god what a horribly boring game.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Those bugfixes kind of look like a nerf to Jhin ultimately? I haven't played him in a while but those sound like hits to like him using Stormrazor and some other stuff.

Nunu probably needs the help, I think the update for him hasn't been terribly kind to his winrate. He doesn't seem to do anything at all outside of some very janky snowball ganks.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Tonetta posted:

i picked up this game again last week and it's still the same toxic trash, how do people play this game for 10 years

Liberal use of the mute button

Playing overwatch casually for a month or so made me think Riot absolutely has the right idea not implementing universal voice chat.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Riot's figured out a new way to get your money with skins: they're adding in "skin variants," where owning the "base" skin will allow you to purchase an altered version of the skin for a reduced RP cost. They're trialing this with a (loving amazing) legendary skin for Leona with Solar and Lunar variants, and the Star Guardians but wearing pajamas...?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

At this point I just crtl-f the patch notes to see if there are any Sion nerfs or if my perfect big boy is untouched still.

:getin:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

At this point I just crtl-f the patch notes to see if there are any Sion nerfs or if my perfect big boy is untouched still.

:getin:

Time Warp Tonic is going to hurt top Sion a bit since he likes to go biscuit/tonic with Corrupting Potion to win early trades (especially if you go for the Titanic+Steraks build instead of building straight tank)

It's probably not going to hurt him that much in the long run though because he's easily one of the best tanks in the game rn.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i just went 17/1/23 on nunu jungle in a normal game and all i got was S-

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Maybe you shouldn't have died :colbert:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The WWE vs NXT players have all been spamming a bunch of games, a couple of them are playing a couple hours a day and Adam Cole/Johnny Gargano both streamed with tyler1 and said they watched World's. They seem to have picked up on terms and champion names pretty quick. The best among them looks like Tyler Breeze, who is an ezreal main that builds double sheen. Seth Rollins has played 0 games

WWE Breeze
WWE Cesaro
WWE Rollins
WWE Riott

NXT Gargano
NXT Cole
NXT Baszler
NXT Kai

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Drone_Fragger posted:

“Lisandra is disabled due to an issue with her passive” = somehow lissandra ghosts one shot towers and never die, then when we tried to fix it now lissandra can’t be reduced below 1hp, help us. The good ole days of game breaking yorick bugs are back baby.

Now what I want to know is how it interacts with sions passive.
You get the ghost after his passive ends, seemingly from the location where the passive ends (unlike Morde, who get's his ghost when the passive starts)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUGhL28mP18

RealFoxy posted:

Seth Rollins has played 0 games
Smart man

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

RealFoxy posted:

Seth Rollins has played 0 games.

I doubt this. Seth Rollins is really bad at not taking his gaming seriously. He's like Tyler0.5.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Lore Bear posted:

I doubt this. Seth Rollins is really bad at not taking his gaming seriously. He's like Tyler0.5.
Unless Rollins is smurfing instead of using the account Riot gave him, he still hasn't played.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
The season is over and I just wanted to say thank you for the help everyone. My career high for my first season was Gold 3 ~50LP.

It was interesting to take a break from DotA and to try out League. This is probably the longest that I haven't played dota in 10 years. Special thanks to Milkman and Bond who took me under their wing. I am probably not going to be playing league anymore and will be full timing dota but may hop in every once in a while when I don't have a full hour to dedicate to a dota game.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

excellent retirement post from the goon in gold 3

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

It's just his casual game

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

The season is over and I just wanted to say thank you for the help everyone. My career high for my first season was Gold 3 ~50LP.

It was interesting to take a break from DotA and to try out League. This is probably the longest that I haven't played dota in 10 years. Special thanks to Milkman and Bond who took me under their wing. I am probably not going to be playing league anymore and will be full timing dota but may hop in every once in a while when I don't have a full hour to dedicate to a dota game.

I'm glad you made your goal. It's a shame you got dropped to honor 0. You played an absolutely nutty amount of games. For perspective, you could have played 10 games for every champion in the game (1400 games!). I think you should consider doing this next season.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Only a few thousand games in the hole, no big sweat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
that's a lot of time to play videogames

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Monathin posted:

Time Warp Tonic is going to hurt top Sion a bit since he likes to go biscuit/tonic with Corrupting Potion to win early trades (especially if you go for the Titanic+Steraks build instead of building straight tank)

It's probably not going to hurt him that much in the long run though because he's easily one of the best tanks in the game rn.

The biggest difference is there'll be more matchups where it's correct to go shield over corrupting, but yeah it's not that big a deal and biscuits/boots is perfectly fine

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monicro posted:

The biggest difference is there'll be more matchups where it's correct to go shield over corrupting, but yeah it's not that big a deal and biscuits/boots is perfectly fine

Yeah I played a bunch of the big guy today and Corrupting w/Tonic/Biscuits still works plenty fine.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
is sion actually a good jungler?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I made it to smurf island in ranked where every Gold 5 player is playing like a low Platinum that claims they're Challenger elo boosters. You can really tell the difference between the platinum smurfs and the actual boosters because most elo boosters just don't say anything all game

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a great run myself A++ will play next season again.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Elentor posted:

I had a great run myself A++ will play next season again.

fodase

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now, now. Players with negative attitude lose more games, according to the loading screen.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
this is really cool

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Help me remember - was Riot going to modify matchmaking so that you had sort of per-role MMRs? To allow people to play off role without screwing over teammates?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

gvibes posted:

Help me remember - was Riot going to modify matchmaking so that you had sort of per-role MMRs? To allow people to play off role without screwing over teammates?

Yeah next season I think. Also, iron division

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

RealFoxy posted:

The WWE vs NXT players have all been spamming a bunch of games, a couple of them are playing a couple hours a day and Adam Cole/Johnny Gargano both streamed with tyler1 and said they watched World's. They seem to have picked up on terms and champion names pretty quick. The best among them looks like Tyler Breeze, who is an ezreal main that builds double sheen. Seth Rollins has played 0 games

WWE Breeze
WWE Cesaro
WWE Rollins
WWE Riott

NXT Gargano
NXT Cole
NXT Baszler
NXT Kai

Oh crap. I used to know that Austin Creed when he was a kid. He was addicted to using a Skip-it to exercise, and tried to sell my parents knives once.

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
Well me and the wife are headed to Vegas for a concert next week, and it looks like there's a new esports arena at the Luxor! Whaddya know they have a local League tournament every thursday night.

We're entering - totally prepared for getting rekt by a bunch of 13 year old prodigies farming these things for rp on the big screen. RIP my dignity.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
Can't wait for the season to end so i can solo queue again

I've been sitting on G5 0LP since july after a lucky run, I know my skill level isn't nearly that high

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Sexpansion posted:

this is really cool

it looks badass, too bad about the champion its on

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Was that how she was designed in game or did they make it cause the music video was successful?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Invalid Validation posted:

Was that how she was designed in game or did they make it cause the music video was successful?
They updated it because of how popular she got in the music video and tbh I woulda just bought that skin if it were prestige like that Kai'Sa skin was

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Not pictured, right before this, is the Zed spamming Mastery emote:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My favorite part of the end of this season has been playing Vayne Spotting, but extended to every role but support where all players are ACTUALLY masters smurfs despite sitting at a ~50% win rate and a 1.4 KDA on their "main" champion. But of course, they're playing off role. Normally they're a Zed main in Masters but they're only feeding in the Jungle because they're not used to it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in what universe is the support role not full of smurfs who are smurfing and the bot lane secondary mid laner is not to blame for the teams lack of success

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

:toot: Finally got to Plat in solo queue after so many failed series. Ended on an S+, 36 minute Zyra game which is a pretty fitting conclusion to my season. For the last ~15 minutes of the game literally every team fight was around baron -- one team starting it and failing, one team baiting, getting kills and then overextending into an ace and so on ad infinitum. We managed to go from an 8k gold lead at 20 to a 2k one at 33 minutes.

Judging just from these games, it seems like a lot of people who were Diamond last season are starting up ranked again to try and hit Plat. Which basically means a lot of players who are themselves in mid Plat are constantly typing 'smh, plat players suck....' as opposed to the ordinary 'how are you even in plat, you play like a gold'. An exciting innovation imo.

On a related note, Zyra feels very good this patch. It's backed up by win rates too -- OP.GG has her as the #1 support with 53%, and her only really iffy matchup is Blitzcrank (e: and apparently Taric, which makes sense mid-late but feels pretty easy in lane). I would definitely recommend trying her out.

foutre fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

is sion actually a good jungler?

I've not seen anyone play it besides me, but it's secretly very good and likely the strongest of the tank junglers right now, you got a skillshot nocturne ult for lane ganking and enough CC and shields to make for easy tower dives and peeling, plus you'll win any early 1vs1 or 2vs2's if you can charge your Q while hidden.