Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

indigi posted:

who or what is monpoké
To me it sounds like the next edition of Pokemon Bank, seeing as it means "My Poké" in French and "My X" is a very common naming format for personal storage services and personal sections of public websites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

I asked this in the Let's Play Sandcastle, but I think I'll get more feedback here.

I want to do an LP that spans basically all of the regions in the Pokemon games starting from FR/LG in Gen 3 to S/M or US/UM in Gen 7. This will all be done via emulation. Rather than starting a new team in each game, the team of the previous gen will be bred and the eggs/hatched pokemon will be transferred into the new game (or hacked in in the later generations). To make it actually interesting I was thinking of adding some Nuzlocke rules to actually make things suspenseful and challenging as just running through all of the games with an intergenerational team seems not quite as interesting on its face (One catch per area seems like a good rule to start with). Regions in games wont be repeated besides Kanto so picking between RSE and ORAS as well as BW vs. B2W2 and SM vs. USUM will need to be decided beforehand as well.

One big thing is that this is my first time doing an LP so idk if I'm biting off more than I can chew. Also, I'm trying to gauge if there'd be any interest in another Pokemon LP and what I can do to make it interesting enough to follow besides just making another Nuzlocke run.

Going through the generations sequentally is kinda what Crosspiece is doing, maybe he can tell you more about that. And running the same team through 6 gens will get boring IMO, you don't get to show off any new additions and lock yourself to Kanto Pokemon. Also Nuzlockes are way better in comic form than in LP form if you want an audience for it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Kikas posted:

Going through the generations sequentally is kinda what Crosspiece is doing, maybe he can tell you more about that. And running the same team through 6 gens will get boring IMO, you don't get to show off any new additions and lock yourself to Kanto Pokemon. Also Nuzlockes are way better in comic form than in LP form if you want an audience for it.

It's definitely not gonna be the same team if I can help it, but I'm sure there'll be some sort of dynastic line running at a certain point. Breeding is meant to be done with two different pokemon if available and the LP itself is gonna be a by post one in the LP sub forum. I don't have the stuff for editing a video LP at this point other than pulling screens.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yo, wasn't planning on doing all the games in a row, or even some of the side games, but hey, I'm loving it.

A Pokemon LP is a pretty big investment, so if you've got the screenshot tech down, then you'll be fine, though you've got to consider what you'll be keeping in. I have around 300 images per update spanning around 30 updates per LP, so it can be a lot, though you won't be going in as much depth as I am, so maybe you'll have like 20 updates per game. No need to do every side thing if you're planning to go through every game. Otherwise, you should go ORAS instead of RSE, BW AND B2W2, and USUM instead of SM. You should also trade the Eggs over so they're your OT, or they'll get a bunch of exp and make everything too easy.

The main problem is this is a big project for your first ever LP. I think you should do an FRLG nuzlocke and then see how you feel at the end of it, if you fancy continuing on to Gen 4. I also think you should transfer your old mons forward, but just get a new team so you have something new and exciting to go over, as 5 LPs of the same six Kanto mons that reset in level each time might not be too exciting, but since you're doing a nuzlocke, who's to say they'll survive the entire trip? Best of luck to ya!

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well anyway, like I said, Crosspiece is going through all the generations sequentially and basically does them 100%, showing off everything there is to show, including JAP/west release differences, all the fun bugs and events that have to be hacked into the game to trigger.
So the mainline Pokemon LPs are covered at this point, and there are 2 huge fangames atm, Insurgence and Reborn (with reborn taking the cake and getting more posts than this thread even between updates)... really dunno if there's an audience. But hey, go ahead, noone is gonna stop you (I think ).

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
IV are confusing as poo poo and that math equation for them on bulbapedia is scary, that is all.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Yo, wasn't planning on doing all the games in a row, or even some of the side games, but hey, I'm loving it.

A Pokemon LP is a pretty big investment, so if you've got the screenshot tech down, then you'll be fine, though you've got to consider what you'll be keeping in. I have around 300 images per update spanning around 30 updates per LP, so it can be a lot, though you won't be going in as much depth as I am, so maybe you'll have like 20 updates per game. No need to do every side thing if you're planning to go through every game. Otherwise, you should go ORAS instead of RSE, BW AND B2W2, and USUM instead of SM. You should also trade the Eggs over so they're your OT, or they'll get a bunch of exp and make everything too easy.

The main problem is this is a big project for your first ever LP. I think you should do an FRLG nuzlocke and then see how you feel at the end of it, if you fancy continuing on to Gen 4. I also think you should transfer your old mons forward, but just get a new team so you have something new and exciting to go over, as 5 LPs of the same six Kanto mons that reset in level each time might not be too exciting, but since you're doing a nuzlocke, who's to say they'll survive the entire trip? Best of luck to ya!

Doing an LP of FRLG first seems like the best course of action and yeah, I forgot about the EXP bonus from having traded over pokemon so Hatching from 3 to 4 at least will be what I'll do. Beyond that, when I start hacking them in (and learning how to do it), I'll make sure the OT is the new one.

As far as a Nuzlocke goes, it's more of a matter of adding an element of challenge and narrative assistance since I'm not confident about spinning one up out of whole cloth. Side stuff will largely be ignored, but I'll have to play it by ear.

Oh, and I haven't played any of the games between FRLG and SM so I'd be going into them blind which is its own kettle of fish. Doing both BW and B2W2 is probably lost on me as a consequence at this point.

FerociousStrike
Dec 27, 2003

This is supposedly a leak for an upcoming Eevee based Tamagotchi. I need this. That Ditto face Eevee. :3:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of leaks, I went back to look at the one for Let's Go Pikachu and it seems people have entirely missed that the trainers in the game are not Red and Blue and that they appear later in the game as a part of the story.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

congrats to eevee on its meteoric rise

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
eevee, strike down pikachu and bring peace to the land

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Eevee is the new Mimikyu

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Sega 32X posted:

If you bring your Switch to an actual zoo and talk to the Safari Zone's warden fifty times, he will get fed up and challenge you to a battle. If you win, you can throw rocks at pokemon outside the Safari zone by doing the ball throwing motion backwards.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can use the camera in Pokémon Go to go into someone else's Let's Go game to do all kinds of stuff. It's really hard to do because their screen will be really tiny on yours, but if you do it right you can mess with them in their game. You can catch the pokémon they're going for or go into their battles and attack their pokémon. You can help them do all kind of things too, like lending them a pokéflute or let them use surf right at the start of the game. My uncle said that there's even a Mew in the truck by the boat, and you can use a pokémon with strength to find it. I'll totally help you do it and I promise I won't steal the Mew afterwards, I already have like seven I caught myself.

(I am totally gonna steal your Mew, this is gonna be epic)

Zeraora codes sent. Check your PMs.

3 Zeraora codes remain, and all 12 Reshiram/Zekrom codes remain.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

oddium posted:

congrats to eevee on its meteoric rise

Eevee has always been super well loved by the fandom, it's just that recently Nintendo has realized that they can turn that love into cash via merch.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Nth Doctor posted:

I also have :siren: five courtesy of Kureig, TWELVE :siren: Reshiram / Zekrom codes for folks with any Gen VI game. Here's the gimmick, again from FelicityGS:

I like this. We did haiku before but some silly limerick sounds great. Write some doggerel about something Pokemon related that you enjoyed and win a monochromatic dragon.

Get to it, goons!

There once was a team of evil,
aiming to remake the universe until:
the anti-matter centipede
appeared despite their plead,
and sent their leader to the primeval.

Platinum was weird.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Nth Doctor posted:

NEXT UP
I also have :siren: five courtesy of Kureig, TWELVE :siren: Reshiram / Zekrom codes for folks with any Gen VI game. Here's the gimmick, again from FelicityGS:

I like this. We did haiku before but some silly limerick sounds great. Write some doggerel about something Pokemon related that you enjoyed and win a monochromatic dragon.

Get to it, goons!

Crobat flies through the night on great purple wings
His fangs inject venom that truly stings
They start as Zubat
On blood they grow fat
And in darkest caves their echo screech rings

:shobon:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
An extra (U.S.) Zeraora code for anyone who couldn't make it to get one. I know there's no way to verify, but please only take it if you actually couldn't get one yourself, and not from being lazy.

A892CMHUJQ2KEDPK

Hrist fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Nov 5, 2018

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

Hrist posted:

An extra (U.S.) Zeraora code for anyone who couldn't make it to get one. I know there's no way to verify, but please only take it if you actually couldn't get one yourself, and not from being lazy.

A892CMHUJQ2KEDPK

I used this. Thank you! I tried to get one but couldn't make it over in time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Vinylshadow posted:

Eevee is the new Mimikyu

No there was an Eevee inside Mimikyu all along.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sw0cb posted:

I used this. Thank you! I tried to get one but couldn't make it over in time

Enjoy!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

I'll have you know every single pokemon i hatch gets wonder traded for a zigzagoon

If anyone needs a Zigzagoon or Zubat all they need to do is ask.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

FerociousStrike posted:

This is supposedly a leak for an upcoming Eevee based Tamagotchi. I need this. That Ditto face Eevee. :3:

The most surprising thing about this to me is that Tamagotchis still exist.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Vinylshadow posted:

Eevee is the new Mimikyu

i think that eevee ate a mimikyu

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/metikyun/status/1059404230795001856

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Nth Doctor posted:

Zeraora codes sent. Check your PMs.

3 Zeraora codes remain, and all 12 Reshiram/Zekrom codes remain.

I heard from my uncle that in Let’s Go, if you catch 150 of a certain Pokemon, the next one you see will be guaranteed to be shiny and if you catch 300, it will be shiny AND have perfect stats.

But this is only true if you have only Pikachu or Eevee in your party and they’re wearing a costume. It might be a certain outfit that does it. Guess you’ll just have to try them all!

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Can anyone do me the kindness of a quick trade between Omega Ruby and a compatible game to evolve Graveler?

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

The Golden Gael posted:

Can anyone do me the kindness of a quick trade between Omega Ruby and a compatible game to evolve Graveler?

If someone else can't help you before I get home, and you're awake, I can get it tonight when I get home in about eight hours.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulsNuIXES9s

Red, DICKS, and the girl trainer from FRLG all appear as separate characters. Also Sabrina is on the roof of a building for some reason.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
That girl trainer is Blue (the original RBY girl trainer from the concept art) rather than Leaf (the girl trainer from FRLG), I think.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
You have to be super hardcore into the games to know about the girl on the player's guide, but yeah that's who she's based on.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

She was also in the comic where she's a con artist or something I think?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
where my girl Yellow at tho

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

So Iwane's doodling and animating of PokeSpe characters wasn't just nostalgia...

Wonder what this means for the anime...

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dehry posted:

You have to be super hardcore into the games to know about the girl on the player's guide, but yeah that's who she's based on.

She was a major character in the manga

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

So Iwane's doodling and animating of PokeSpe characters wasn't just nostalgia...

It's not the PokeSpe kids. Red has his GB design, not his PokeSpe one.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1060178979553005568

E:
The Elite Four entrance looks a lot like the one in Pokemon Generations Episode 5.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1060200311044956160

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 7, 2018

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/animator1965/status/1054355087986909189

iwane even made an animation for that dumb anime that dia and silver are nuts about :allears:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does that mean the player character is Green now

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the new player character is pikachu or eevee they just attach themselves to a host so humans will take them seriously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Abundant Atrophy posted:

There once was a team of evil,
aiming to remake the universe until:
the anti-matter centipede
appeared despite their plead,
and sent their leader to the primeval.

Platinum was weird.

:golfclap:

Nanigans posted:

Crobat flies through the night on great purple wings
His fangs inject venom that truly stings
They start as Zubat
On blood they grow fat
And in darkest caves their echo screech rings

:shobon:

I dig. loving screech / supersonic enabled *bats.

Nessa posted:

I heard from my uncle that in Let’s Go, if you catch 150 of a certain Pokemon, the next one you see will be guaranteed to be shiny and if you catch 300, it will be shiny AND have perfect stats.

But this is only true if you have only Pikachu or Eevee in your party and they’re wearing a costume. It might be a certain outfit that does it. Guess you’ll just have to try them all!

Don't you have to catch the last one exactly at midnight, too?

Codes all sent, check your PMs!

Two Zeraora and 10 Reshiram / Zekrom Codes Remain