Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Florida adds roughly 330,000 out of state residents a year. God knows what the precise political breakdown is but I’m going to guess that the retiree stereotype has a least a kernel of truth.

That’s not to say that restoring rights to ex convicts isn’t the right thing to do and that it won’t t have electoral impacts but it’s not a simple cure all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

Cyrano4747 posted:

That’s not to say that restoring rights to ex convicts isn’t the right thing to do and that it won’t t have electoral impacts but it’s not a simple cure all.

Even if it isn't a cure all, doing the right thing is important. Same thing for minimum wage raising: it doesn't solve the underlying problem, but it helps move things in the right direction.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

docbeard posted:

If Cythereal is in Georgia as I halfway recall then their unhappiness makes sense.

There were some victories last night (I'm quite happy with Minnesota's results) and some defeats but overall I think we're headed into darkness (but when hasn't that been true) , and I for one will welcome any prayers for guidance, inspiration and encouragement, and y'all absolutely have mine for the same.

I feel the same way: relieved locally, status quo nationally. Taking the house just means Nancy Pelosi gets to be blamed for doing nothing for 2 years.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1060090275408822272?s=21

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

At the same time, 'the minimum they were supposed to do' was 'win the house, despite it being gerrymandered to hell and intentionally designed for it to be generally impossible for that to happen after 2010'.

Sometimes I feel like the atmosphere of constant despair is self-reinforcing and pretty unhelpful. Still, I'll be praying for things to get better in the future.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
When did the dead people who got in heaven turn into harp playing winged haloed people in robes?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

:3:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
Polls: "We'll probably take the house but not the senate."

Dems: *take the house but not the senate*

Cyth: "Democracy is DOOMED"

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Honestly if I were in FL, even though I didn’t think he would win anyway, I would be pretty upset about Gillum losing by that slim a margin, especially in proportion to the rest of the country.

E: vvv very good point. I’m glad he won that primary.

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 7, 2018

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Honestly if I were in FL, even though I didn’t think he would win anyway, I would be pretty upset about Gillum losing by that slim a margin, especially in proportion to the rest of the country.
just sets him up for next time, we do need a bench afterall

edit: eric cantor's gone? lolllllllll

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Night10194 posted:

Sometimes I feel like the atmosphere of constant despair is self-reinforcing and pretty unhelpful.
if you pretend things are worse than they are it justifies either being a dick or doing nothing

catnip for the people who think being an rear end in a top hat online is a revolutionary act

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

HEY GUNS posted:

Cyth: "Democracy is DOOMED"

Cyth: Florida had a good chance to finally elect a decent person as governor and refuse to pass amendments that are going to gently caress up the state's tax situation, and blew it.

Democracy is no more doomed than it was yesterday or will be tomorrow, but I am dismayed with how my state turned out and it's not helped my persistent struggle with severe depression.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cythereal posted:

Cyth: Florida had a good chance to finally elect a decent person as governor and refuse to pass amendments that are going to gently caress up the state's tax situation, and blew it.

Democracy is no more doomed than it was yesterday or will be tomorrow, but I am dismayed with how my state turned out and it's not helped my persistent struggle with severe depression.

Last night was a single battle. The war goes on. Do not despair or submit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Deteriorata posted:

Last night was a single battle. The war goes on. Do not despair or submit.

I found an article that explains my dismay better than I could.

quote:

On paper, Tuesday was a good day for Democrats. You're not sad because "The Democrats did badly."

You're also not sad because Beto lost, or Andrew Gillum lost, or any other single candidate who got people excited this year fell short. They will be back.

No, you're sad for the same reason you were so sad Wednesday morning after the 2016 Election. You're sad because the results confirm that half of the electorate – a group that includes family, neighbors, friends, random fellow citizens – looked at the last two years and declared this is pretty much what they want. You're sad because any Republican getting more than 1 vote in this election, let alone a majority of votes, forces us to recognize that a lot of this country is A-OK with undisguised white supremacy. You're sad because once again you have been slapped across the face with the reality that a lot of Americans are, at their core, a lost cause. Willfully ignorant. Unpersuadable. Terrible people. Assholes, even.

You were hoping that the whole country would somehow restore your faith in humanity and basic common decency by making a bold statement, trashing Republicans everywhere and across the board. You wanted some indication that if you campaigned hard enough, rednecks and white collar bloodless types alike could be made to see the light that perhaps the levers of power are not best entrusted to the absolute worst people that can be dredged up from Internet comment sections running on platforms of xenophobia, nihilism, and racism. In short, you wanted to see some evidence that corruption, venality, bigotry, and proud ignorance are deal-breakers for the vast majority of Americans.

Remember this feeling. Remember it every time someone tells you that the key to moving forward is to reach across the aisle, show the fine art of decorum in practice, and chat with right-wingers to find out what makes them tick. Remember the nagging sadness you feel looking at these almost entirely positive results; it will be your reminder that the only way to beat this thing is to outwork, outfight, and out-organize these people. They are not going to be won over and they will continue to prove that to you every chance they get.

https://i.imgur.com/4iVfrhi.mp4

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

The problem is that if you accept that viewpoint we’re at an impasse where half of the people in this country are irredeemable and there is no way to negotiate with them. What’s the end game for that? Civil War 2: this time with tanks and nukes?

Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc are huge problems and remain so. They will be for generations moving forward. That doesn’t mean you disengage and say “gently caress those other people” and write them off. You’ll never reach some but it is possible to change hearts and minds. This is a long process but one that we can see in action. poo poo is hosed in a lot of ways, but in 2018 we’re still in a better place with these issues than we were in 1968. Hopefully we will be in a much better place by 2068.

One of the things that bothers be the most about our current politics is how any thing that isn’t vitriol seems to be a council of despair.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Civil War 2 is no solution, because the first one proved that you can't shoot belief structures dead, or burn down ways of thinking. Yet my entire adult life, all the politics I have seen have been characterized by one party being willing to act in good faith and cooperate, and the other not. A narcissistic, sociopathic tyrant and rapist whose greatest enemy is his own incompetence was elected president, and recently an unhinged drunkard and rapist was elevated to the highest court of the land. Neo-Nazis march in the streets and the media chases ratings instead of the truth. Modern speed and accessibility of information has not liberated after all but created bubbles of radically different views of reality - believe what I say and not what you see, the president has said. The most visible representatives of Christ in the United States are corrupt, venal institutions that enshrine bigotry and greed as holy virtues.

I do not believe violence is the solution, but I do see the emotional appeal of catharsis and empowerment. It's why I feel sympathy and pity for our domestic terrorists rather than hatred or fear, they're victims of the same environment and cultivated forces that frustrate and bewilder me.

All I feel when I think about the state of the world is a suffocating and at times dangerously intoxicating cocktail of despair, rage, and fear. And I recognize this danger. I grew up on the Bible and Star Trek as my moral guides handed down from my parents, that honesty is the highest virtue and that we can and will make the world a better place. I find that message very difficult to hold on to these days.

Contrary to Hey Guns' interpretation of me, I think democracy is working fine. It's what people seem to want that scares and frustrates me.

And all of this doesn't even touch on what really scares me about the country and the world at the moment, though they do hobble any potential effort to do anything about those things.

http://i.imgur.com/gqA8eie.mp4

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Cyrano4747 posted:

The problem is that if you accept that viewpoint we’re at an impasse where half of the people in this country are irredeemable and there is no way to negotiate with them. What’s the end game for that? Civil War 2: this time with tanks and nukes?

Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, etc are huge problems and remain so. They will be for generations moving forward. That doesn’t mean you disengage and say “gently caress those other people” and write them off. You’ll never reach some but it is possible to change hearts and minds. This is a long process but one that we can see in action. poo poo is hosed in a lot of ways, but in 2018 we’re still in a better place with these issues than we were in 1968. Hopefully we will be in a much better place by 2068.

One of the things that bothers be the most about our current politics is how any thing that isn’t vitriol seems to be a council of despair.
i know you're largely culturally religious rather than practicing but there's a lot of stuff about how not to flip the gently caress out in orthodox and catholic writings

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Generational change. There's no more important political battleground in the country than schools and colleges.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Counterpoint (read the whole chain): https://twitter.com/AlexanderMcCoy4/status/1059668847391883271

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Half of Americans didn't vote for villainy last night. Look at the actual numbers. Consider those who didn't, or couldn't, participate. There is hope. There is work to be done.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Generational change. There's no more important political battleground in the country than schools and colleges.

This is pretty much where I come down too.

HEY GUNS posted:

i know you're largely culturally religious rather than practicing but there's a lot of stuff about how not to flip the gently caress out in orthodox and catholic writings

Yeah there’s a bunch of that stuff that I appreciated a lot more about 20 years after I had my closest interactions with it. More recently I’ve become really interested in the moral and philosophical arguments presented, although the theology still falls a touch flat.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah there’s a bunch of that stuff that I appreciated a lot more about 20 years after I had my closest interactions with it. More recently I’ve become really interested in the moral and philosophical arguments presented, although the theology still falls a touch flat.
where do you stand on icons and ridiculous hats

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

HEY GUNS posted:

where do you stand on icons and ridiculous hats

I’m down with funny hats but the icons are just rough drafts of statues.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Cyrano it's good to see you in here and I'm gonna prescribe 10cc's of Bonhoeffer for what's ailing you

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

shame on an IGA posted:

Cyrano it's good to see you in here and I'm gonna prescribe 10cc's of Bonhoeffer for what's ailing you

Anything specific? I've always wanted to get into his work.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The Cost of Discipleship, alternate title "Martyred by Nazis? Who could have seen that coming", alternate title "Everything wrong with post-cold war America"

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 8, 2018

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Cythereal posted:

Civil War 2 is no solution, because the first one proved that you can't shoot belief structures dead, or burn down ways of thinking. Yet my entire adult life, all the politics I have seen have been characterized by one party being willing to act in good faith and cooperate, and the other not. A narcissistic, sociopathic tyrant and rapist whose greatest enemy is his own incompetence was elected president, and recently an unhinged drunkard and rapist was elevated to the highest court of the land. Neo-Nazis march in the streets and the media chases ratings instead of the truth. Modern speed and accessibility of information has not liberated after all but created bubbles of radically different views of reality - believe what I say and not what you see, the president has said. The most visible representatives of Christ in the United States are corrupt, venal institutions that enshrine bigotry and greed as holy virtues.

I do not believe violence is the solution, but I do see the emotional appeal of catharsis and empowerment. It's why I feel sympathy and pity for our domestic terrorists rather than hatred or fear, they're victims of the same environment and cultivated forces that frustrate and bewilder me.

All I feel when I think about the state of the world is a suffocating and at times dangerously intoxicating cocktail of despair, rage, and fear. And I recognize this danger. I grew up on the Bible and Star Trek as my moral guides handed down from my parents, that honesty is the highest virtue and that we can and will make the world a better place. I find that message very difficult to hold on to these days.

Contrary to Hey Guns' interpretation of me, I think democracy is working fine. It's what people seem to want that scares and frustrates me.

And all of this doesn't even touch on what really scares me about the country and the world at the moment, though they do hobble any potential effort to do anything about those things.

http://i.imgur.com/gqA8eie.mp4

If politics is affecting you this badly I suggest reading your bible and watching star trek again. Everything is in the hands of God. It's up to you how much you want to trust Him. Political revolution is a jolly bit of fun, but the revolution worth being part of is the one that happens in people's hearts, and that requires God to decide whether to take action. Solomon with all his wisdom was corrupted by his wealth and made arms deals with Egypt - don't put your faith in political solutions. When the people of God were exiled to Babylon the prophet Jeremiah (29:4-14) had to calm them down and explain that: all things come from God; make the most of what you've got; home wasn't your true home anyway; be patient and faithful. As a Christian, politics is worth being informed about and act on, but not concerned by. God is the one who decides whether he wants to make our part of the world a better place. And anyway, the victory has already been won; the stone has been rolled away. In the age of internet political revolution the Christian response is not very sexy but it's a whole lot better for mental fitness.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Abraham Lincoln, Second Inagural posted:

Neither party expected for the war the magnitude or the duration which it has already attained. Neither anticipated that the cause of the conflict might cease with or even before the conflict itself should cease. Each looked for an easier triumph, and a result less fundamental and astounding.

Both read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God's assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men's faces, but let us judge not, that we be not judged.

The prayers of both could not be answered. That of neither has been answered fully. The Almighty has His own purposes.

"Woe unto the world because of offenses; for it must needs be that offenses come, but woe to that man by whom the offense cometh."

If we shall suppose that American slavery is one of those offenses which, in the providence of God, must needs come, but which, having continued through His appointed time, He now wills to remove, and that He gives to both North and South this terrible war as the woe due to those by whom the offense came, shall we discern therein any departure from those divine attributes which the believers in a living God always ascribe to Him?

Fondly do we hope, fervently do we pray, that this mighty scourge of war may speedily pass away. Yet, if God wills that it continue until all the wealth piled by the bondsman's two hundred and fifty years of unrequited toil shall be sunk, and until every drop of blood drawn with the lash shall be paid by another drawn with the sword, as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said: "The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether."

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

asio posted:

If politics is affecting you this badly I suggest reading your bible and watching star trek again. Everything is in the hands of God. It's up to you how much you want to trust Him. Political revolution is a jolly bit of fun, but the revolution worth being part of is the one that happens in people's hearts, and that requires God to decide whether to take action. Solomon with all his wisdom was corrupted by his wealth and made arms deals with Egypt - don't put your faith in political solutions. When the people of God were exiled to Babylon the prophet Jeremiah (29:4-14) had to calm them down and explain that: all things come from God; make the most of what you've got; home wasn't your true home anyway; be patient and faithful. As a Christian, politics is worth being informed about and act on, but not concerned by. God is the one who decides whether he wants to make our part of the world a better place. And anyway, the victory has already been won; the stone has been rolled away. In the age of internet political revolution the Christian response is not very sexy but it's a whole lot better for mental fitness.

I am instead managing with a publix sub, cider, and realizing that one of the main enemy groups in Destiny 2 really do look like oversized volus which makes fighting them hilarious, especially when you headshot their pressurized suits.

Also watching early access videos of the Vampire Coast. Ah, the blood runs cold! We take our loot and don't get old! HAIL THE MIGHTY! He's arising from the deep! With tattered sails and incredible tales, we're parting endless seas!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Cythereal posted:

Yep, Florida. We elected one of Trump's favored minions, and while some of the amendments that passed were very good, like restoring voting rights to felons, others were very bad, catering to the rich old bastards who let the rest of Florida rot because hey, they already paid for schools and infrastructure back home and now that they're retired why should they pay taxes for that poo poo?

https://i.imgur.com/4h9KdqE.mp4

white hamster: Catholicism

other hamster: Protestantism

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I feel for my kin suffering from any recent election or political news. I know some of you live in much more fractious places with more divided families than I have to bear. The signs of rocky days ahead can be seen everywhere, and I am not expecting much transformation to come from the institutions in place. It seems humanity will only do the right thing after we've tried everything else, and by then it may be too late to avert cataclysmic things, and perhaps the responsibilities of Christlike living and redemption will have to be carried on by someone or something other than us. Maybe.

I can only advise that anyone should examine their responsibilities and take refuge in the omnipresence of the Kingdom of Heaven. In spite of all enemy victories and unfavorable situations, there is always something you can do or fail to do that will make things worse. That is not meant to berate or admonish, but to encourage evaluation of what can be done and what matters.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

white hamster: Catholicism

other hamster: Protestantism

Spinning the wheel of dharma and revolution.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

HEY GUNS posted:

Yes I would like Catholic examples of this please

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

twerking on the railroad posted:

HEY GUNS posted:

I’d like the Orthodox ones so I can talk to my Ortho friends. They’re always trying to convert us with podcasts.

Just spoke with my pretty conservative pastor about my dismay of 80% of Evangelicals voting in Trump, sustaining him now, etc. He’s also very upset (and ranted for a while :3: ) with the blatant hypocrisy from his peers/neighbors. I told him I’m thankful for our church, how we pursue racial reconciliation and care for our neighbors, those with disability. They really call for a wholistic belief system.

I also have to remind myself that political voting and beliefs do not define an entire person’s being. It’s upsetting how much I am tempted to hate and malign based on red/blue affiliation.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
While I'd like to join the succ zone, Danish politics is too insane for me to spare any fucks for the US right now ("Let's have a public referendum to leave the EU - so we can finally gid rid of the UN declaration of human rights obligations towards refugees. What could go wrong!? :downs: ). I hope a lot of the evil men leave power, so you can unfuck your country at least somewhat. I'd rather talk about last night, in which I took my AA men's group to listen to a lecture on Sufi islamic prayer and meditation!

The lecturer was Kasper, a Danish convert to sufi islam and a wonderful, huge goon with several degrees in religious science and history who had studied under sufi masters all around the world.

His first contact was way before converting, in Damascus. His teacher in speaking arabic invited him to a get-together after mosque (they went to an old mosque located like 7-800 metres from where Paulus fell off his horse), and it turns out to be a "remembrance of God" practice session with a local master. He said the guy looked positively ancient, and gave off a vibe of having existed forever, being really wrinkled and wheelchair-bound. People were chilling, eating candy, and suddenly started singing hymns. Afterwards everyone held hands, repeating the word for God as a mantra, then started swaying, and eventually these 150-200 pound bearded dudes were crying their eyes out, because they remembered God.

Some sufi are ascetics (the word fakir, the guys on sheets made of nails and crushed glass, actually derive from the islamic term, fakr for people who starve themselves to know God.), but a lot of people are more chill. His teacher in Singapore was a goonish fellow with a beer gut and a moustache who looked like "the uncle type you could have cake and coffee with, but had a lot of students and a good praxis. Said praxis revolved around good intent: whenever he left the house, he reminded himself that everyone that asked him for help was God leaving a "door ajar", that one could choose to walk through. He may think he valued his money or time too much to help, but that's usually an excuse because his brain and soul are lazy.

There are 5 obligatory prayers in islam, zakat, but devout sufis cram in an extra late-night prayer, saying God intentionally left that space open for his beloved devotees, putting the scrubs and easily distracted people asleep in that time :shobon:

Here he added a segue about the value of spiritual discipline, in that God greatly valued good intent and practice. Here it got really interested being in an AA audience, because he essentially repeated many of our tenets almost word for word. Spiritual progress, not perfection is the goal, because even if you don't pray with proper intent or putting your heart in it, you at least pray while realizing you're being a slacker, setting the stage for further development, that sort of thing. The sufis even think that the practice continues beyond death, so life as a devotee is basically just level 0-1 type poo poo.

Oh, and the best part is the etymology! Sufi may be derived from the words "men of Wool", because the devout men wore white wool originally, and raw wool will scratch you up and give you eczema and poo poo, akin to hair shirts worn by christian ecstatics. It may also mean "pure", or even "those who wear purity on top of wool" :haw:

the best one, though, is "the guys on your porch". See, the suras tell of people who left everything to behind to travel all the way to Mohammed and be with him, and those guys were housed on a porch to the side of the mosque! The quoran, usually dictating the relation between the believer and God actually takes the time to say to Mohammed in the Quoran that he should go hang out with those guys because they know how to know God!

tl;dr: The best way to God is the hobos on the bench outside

Tias fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Nov 8, 2018

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

twerking on the railroad posted:

ThePopeOfFun posted:

I’d like the Orthodox ones so I can talk to my Ortho friends. They’re always trying to convert us with podcasts.
you're both in luck because i was thinking of the same book when i said it: Unseen Warfare by Lorenzo Scupoli. Written by a guy from Venice and, because Venice was the way it was, quickly reached the Orthodox world where eventually St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain picked it up and publicized it.

the war is against your passions and the battlefield is your mind.

https://www.amazon.com/Unseen-Warfare-Spiritual-Paradise-Lorenzo/dp/0913836524

HEY GUNS fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Nov 8, 2018

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Tias posted:

The best way to God is the hobos on the bench outside

drat straight. That’d be a fantastic custom title.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

hello everyone can you please give some prayers for MY GIRLFRIEND? and also her doggo. and also me. the doggo is a grandma doggo, and today she appears to have had a seizure or some other sudden bad thing happen. she is a very good doggo who loves every person and every dog she has ever met. i'm not kidding, if there was a doggo Jesus this dog's only sin would be being a little "too loving" sometimes. i am mainly asking because this is very hard on MY GIRLFRIEND, as the two of them have been together for over 13 years and she cares very much for the dog

i know i sometimes post prayer requests that might sound slightly flippant but i'm being really genuine here tonight ok? please pray to saint bernard, or that leper saint who was kept alive by the nice doggo who brought him bread, or whatever man i don't know this stuff. all of you ITT are quite seriously the most expert people in my life when it comes to knowing how to pray about thigns and saints and all that stuff. thank you

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 9, 2018

Caufman
May 7, 2007
God save our pets. Only an ignorant person clings to a superiority complex about a human's capacity for love and a dog's capacity for love.

God save Lutha Mahtin's GIRLFRIEND, who must be a very special lady to be HIS GIRLFRIEND.

God save Lutha Mahtin, who loves his crooked goony neighbors with all his crooked goony heart.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/1060592789015195649

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Might I suggest an alternative approach?

(Points to seagull) Baptised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
The behaviour of seagulls either suggest that they are Gods chosen people or possessed by satanic ghosts