Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

And that's why Texans make Aggie jokes.

A lot were recycled Polish jokes, with "Aggie" swapped for "Polish"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

MrUnderbridge posted:

And that's why Texans make Aggie jokes.

A lot were recycled Polish jokes, with "Aggie" swapped for "Polish"

Burn all of Texas to the ground.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Nystral posted:

No don't. That will release them from the hell on earth that is Texas. Which is too good a fate for anyone in Texas.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I have never heard of a grode jar. Can someone sum it up, along with Why The gently caress you'd store body waste in a jar?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

I have never heard of a grode jar. Can someone sum it up, along with Why The gently caress you'd store body waste in a jar?
They do it for the privilege of joining the fake army.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

bulletsponge13 posted:

SHUT THE gently caress UP CADET AND GIVE ME YOUR FLUID!!!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nystral posted:

san antonio is a rad city

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

That is the gayest thing I've ever read on GiP.
I'm including, "call me gunny human being" story

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

cum suck my dick from the back and drain me dry

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bulletsponge13 posted:

I can't answer for every company because most of them had something like this. But, in order to be the bugle caller, which is one of the traditionally honored positions as a sophomore, you have to practice a whole bunch of things and basically be a perfect freshman. It's basically a huge pain in the rear end to become the bugle caller.

Fast forward to being a sophomore, and a bugle caller.

On the final night of your tour, after you played you final Taps and march away, the incoming bugle caller and fellow candidates dump a bucket of disgusting poo poo that they've been gathering for the last few months on to you.

For tradition.

The only positive I can ever give Texas A&M is that it made basic training a loving joke. I got hosed with for no REAL goddamn reason by people with literally no authority over me for 9 months during my first year of college (joking aside the rigor of just college was very hard for me).

9 weeks of gently caress gently caress games, where I already knew I couldn't win, was a loving breeze.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 7, 2018

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

The only positive I can ever give Texas A&M is that it made basic training a loving joke. I got hosed with for no REAL goddamn reason by people with literally no authority over me for 9 months during my first year of college (joking aside the rigor of just college was very hard for me).

9 weeks of gently caress gently caress games, where I already knew I couldn't win, was a loving breeze.

You graduated college and still enlisted?

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Nystral posted:

It happens.

I did it, too

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
We just had a guy check in to my reserve unit yesterday, 27 years old with a degree in facilities engineering. He went to OCS and got dropped for sneaking a protein shake. Recruiter convinced him the best way back was to enlist so now he's here and trying to go back to OCS again.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Proper thread for this discussion

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

What is sneaking a protein shake code for LMAO

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

I can't answer for every company because most of them had something like this. But, in order to be the bugle caller, which is one of the traditionally honored positions as a sophomore, you have to practice a whole bunch of things and basically be a perfect freshman. It's basically a huge pain in the rear end to become the bugle caller.

Fast forward to being a sophomore, and a bugle caller.

On the final night of your tour, after you played you final Taps and march away, the incoming bugle caller and fellow candidates dump a bucket of disgusting poo poo that they've been gathering for the last few months on to you.

For tradition.

Yep, I'd stab a motherfucker. Not being funny or blustery- you pour biohazard poo poo on me like that, I would stab them.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
You're not allowed to have outside food but you're allowed to have liberty. Some candidates will try to sneak protein shakes and bars back in and if they're caught they get dropped for being "integrity violators".

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Goodpancakes posted:

What is sneaking a protein shake code for LMAO

Couldn't be homoerotocism. That would be a "promote ahead of peers" situation.

I'm gonna guess drugs or booze. Since beer is made from grains, and whey comes from a grain, ergo beer = protein shake.

If it was actually for dietary supplements that's retarded and he deserves what he's getting by enlisting.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

A protein bar? Oh, Candidate D48360B, this decision was ungood. Proceed immediately to the Reeducation Booth.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nystral posted:

No, I dropped out, went to ~art school~ (I used to be decent at 3d modeling before it was free to learn) dropped out of that because I was so deep into drugs I was saying poo poo like "It'll be fine as long as I'm not smoking meth," so I enlisted.

I was and still am a terrible student. I don't like to cram, I loathe coursework, and feel that college needs to be a full time job for me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

DaNerd posted:

You're not allowed to have outside food but you're allowed to have liberty. Some candidates will try to sneak protein shakes and bars back in and if they're caught they get dropped for being "integrity violators".

I straight had a footlocker full of loving food that they could not inspect by the Corps of Cadets own rules.

This was back in 2004 but still.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
Oh yea, when I went it'd be fairly easy to sneak food once libo started except another candidate would probably rat you out or you're a dumbass that gets caught by the Sergeant Instructors. They 100% can make you dump all your poo poo so to me it really wasn't worth the risk/effort to do it since it is an instant drop if you get caught.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Nystral posted:

Also they do this

What is going on here

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Dick Burglar posted:

What is going on here

Gotta support the team

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Dick Burglar posted:

What is going on here

It's not gay if you don't make eye contact.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Dick Burglar posted:

What is going on here

Crushing my red rocket to own the libs red raiders

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dick Burglar posted:

What is going on here
He's making lifelong friends. Not quality ones mind you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Dick Burglar posted:

What is going on here

A bunch of fish yelling in the manner that they have you yell.

Lean forward at the waist, hands on you legs, "intense" expression. I don't know why he's holding his his dick.

Also they're Navy ROTC Cadets (A&M has all three ROTC departments in the corps) based on the patches.

And they're doing a continuous yell which usually means they're on defense and it's fourth down.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 7, 2018

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Lean forward at the waist, hands on you legs, "intense" expression. I don't know why he's holding his his dick.

Also they're Navy ROTC Cadets (A&M has all three ROTC departments in the corps) based on the patches.

And they're doing a continuous yell which usually means they're on defense and it's fourth down.

gently caress

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What the gently caress is even going on in this thread

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

not caring here posted:

What the gently caress is even going on in this thread

Goons in Platoons › Let's Talk About Idiots!

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Steezo posted:

Couldn't be homoerotocism. That would be a "promote ahead of peers" situation.

I'm gonna guess drugs or booze. Since beer is made from grains, and whey comes from a grain, ergo beer = protein shake.

If it was actually for dietary supplements that's retarded and he deserves what he's getting by enlisting.

Whey is a dairy protein that’s a by-product of cheese production

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Internet Wizard posted:

Whey is a dairy protein that’s a by-product of cheese production

Look, I've enlisted more than once. There's a reason I'm in this thread.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I never enlisted, but I am an idiot and this thread has great stories. Ridiculous stories in the service threads were the reason I started lurking here years ago.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Wasabi the J posted:

It was always told to me that the nut grabbing is so the yellers can feel the pain of the pressure the kicker is under...

Aggies are loving weird.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sharknado slashfic posted:

I never enlisted, but I am an idiot and this thread has great stories. Ridiculous stories in the service threads were the reason I started lurking here years ago.

The thread where the guy was making fun of the seals for tomahawking people was the first one i started lurking

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Aggies are weirder than Citadel knobs and that's a goddamn achievement

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

The thread where the guy was making fun of the seals for tomahawking people was the first one i started lurking

I can't remember what specifically brought me in but I'm pretty sure Hagetaka and Grover were the mods at the time. Sadly it was post groverhouse and it was probatable to talk about it so it took me a while to figure out what it was.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

All officers should be shot and academy officers should be beaten first and then shot :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Thump! posted:

All officers should be shot and academy officers should be beaten first and then shot :colbert:

Then hung up